• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Real Critical Hit 4 Results Thread

Snakeee

Smash Master
I think M2K should be upset about what happened, but at least the owner notified us before we payed and started the tourney. Seriously, if M2K was so against them going back on saying it would be a $5000 pot then he shouldn't have either entered. They said it would be a smaller amount and he handed them a smaller fee.

And I actually agree with Chillindude, but he's making me feel bad that I just lost my job :( ... going to go job hunting tomorrow.

They really should have stuck to their word though. But I really don't think M2K would win the case in a court or anything because it was only a verbal agreement.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I placed 7th in teams, but it would only mean 25 bucks for each thumbs and I. Which is still something, but I don't want to cause drama over it. M2K has the right to *****. I would too.

Anyways this is a results thread.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Nothing in regards to the pot can possibly get resolved here so ... yeah. For the record, Travis, I'd happily go to any more tourneys you host, or any that get hosted at Gaame Playe. You've held the best tourneys in MD/VA.

Shoutouts copypasta:

2: M2k - I have your blanket, I'm gonna sell it on ebay for $1000, j/k :p
3: Seibrik - We didn't get to play long and I didn't even get to play your DDD, but I'm kinda glad because I hate the matchup and you're amazing.
7: Ninjalink - You know way too much about this game and you're mad fun to hang out with. Sorry you didn't get money.
7: Ambrose - Good close matches. You're right about banning Castle Siege against DDD, but I was confident in my counterpick (you almost made an amazing comeback though), so I took my chances to try to get a good neutral. I also found out I can't rely on my G&W at all, that match was just terrible :laugh:
9: Plank - We didn't get to play at all but I still wanna do those MMs.
9: Snakeee - Your ZSS is just amazing, I had no idea how to fight her. I may try to pick her up as a secondary.
13: Korn - Fun hanging at Denny's.
17: Boss - You're crazy, liek srsly.
17: Slikvik - Argh we still haven't come into our stride as a team yet, but we know we have the potential to beat good teams. It'll come. Also it was great training with you, it's too bad we didn't do it before the tourney, I feel like I would've done a lot better. I'll get those vids up soon.
17: black waltz - Great Olimar man. I have a lot of practice against P~S's Oli but yours has a completely different style. Either way I hate the matchup for ROB.
17: Thumbswayup - Good job on 17th, I think this is the first tourney you outplaced me. Your Diddy is getting scary. Well, to everyone except me of course :p
17: Chibosempai - Well it wasn't much of a ROB HQ but good **** for coming nonetheless. Next time don't bring Inui though.
25: Kirbstir - Mario golf, nuff said.
25: Yoster - Your Yoshi is officially better than your MK, now just give up on that stupid swordwielding puffball.
25: Niko K - Great Peach Canada guy. Even though I rocked you hard ;) I have a lot of practice vs Peach now though. Yours had a unique style. Can't wait for Kilogram 4!
25: JCeasar - It's JCaesar dammit! Don't you people know Latin? Geez!
25: GodismyRock - Wow my interview is gonna look so awkward. How long till it's done?
33. Doom - You gotta turn that picture into a motivational poster and put it up here.
33. PyronicStar - I knew you outplacing me that one time was a fluke :p
33. Lobos - Keep repping TL man.
33. theTantalus - Thanks for offering to help me out with the housing situation even though we didn't need it. You've really been stepping it up lately. You're ROB is getting beastly, but don't give up on Lucario either.
33. Chinesah - I know things didn't work out at all like you wanted or expected, and everyone's giving you a hard time about it, but you did the best you could and I personally had a lot of fun. I will definitely be coming to your next tourney (especially if it's Meta-free!).
ChozenOne - Hey man sorry for taking you out of teams, it sucks we had to play so early and I feel bad cause I know teams was the only thing you came for. Hope to see you at more tourneys.

pockyD

Smash Legend
why does it matter whether mew2king is arguing about the principle or the practice?

are you conceding that the principle of "guaranteed means guaranteed" means that the decision was wrong?

stop glossing over the important issue and arguing about menial crap like what m2k eats for dinner, it DOESN'T MATTER

Scar

#HarveyDent
btw It is about the principle guys. If you can't guarantee a certain amount of money plz don't say guaranteed, unless you're literally willing to take it out of pocket, which I don't think anyone should be. Guaranteed payouts are for corporations and no one else.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Mew2King - Didn't get to play you much.. ahh... I hope you know whatever is on your feet, is now in my car. I don't want to be in the car anymore. ):
7: Ambrose (Ice Climbers)
9: Forte - Good matches, I got ded. You played like no other MK I have played yet ):):
9: Snakeee - Nice getting 9th! We didn't get to play at all though :S
13: Atomsk - Good Atomsk. I wanted to beat you in tourney, but we never played (besides teams, which I suck in, srysry)
13: Neo - The most fun I have ever had in a Marth fight. My pikmin listened about 90% of the time, maybe even 95%. Sooo good. I didn't even know Halbred was good or decent for Olimar till Inui told me. How did the set go? I won, then you won twice? Or?
17: Biglue - Sucks I lost to you. One day I'll not be 0-9 to your main.
17: Inui - Inui!!
17: black walts - It's mother ffffiing waltz. It's in the dictionary. What the hell is 'walts'?
17: Chibosempai - Good looking out for the group :UUUU
25: JCeasar - Thank you for the house offer. So sorry that we had to complicate it. I should have just been like normal people and not so mellow and said "Hey, we stay here now instead of drive and screw around for two+ hours!" No sleep before a tourney sucks.
33. Doom - You'll beat Olimars sometime! We should play friendlies more. Aren't you in northern NJ?
33. PyronicStar - PS. You are better in real life. Better than I used to consider you. Keep on working your stuff out.
33. rhyme - u r 2 cute. Work on that stuff and don't go to Samus!

Anyone I forgot, I'm sorry. I was sleeping during most of the tourney (It was actually good that I got knocked out so pathetically early so I could get shut eye)
Not driving to any more long distance tourneys unless getting paid in -full-. Small OOS 2 hour tourneys are awwwright and I'd just need gas money.

Don't stop hosting tourneys Chinessah, blame Ike.

EDIT)) Thank you for everyone who spelt my name as found in the english dictionary.

Percon

Smash Lord
lol no one that placed 4th 5th or 7th in teams is *****ing >_>
Hey, I got 4th in teams with KingAce and I'm peeved that we didn't get anything. We could've got 150 which would have covered entry fee and most food (I ate cheap that weekend) for both of us, then maybe we could have attended another tournament soon after... but alas.

I really didn't want to talk about the pot at all, so I'll just drop it now and say "It's a shame"

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
Singles

btw m2k i hope you try to sue my *** cuz i didnt guarantee **** and i didnt figure this out until the day of *******
hahaha. Are you Serious?? you started the thread correct? it says it right in the title of the thread. MORON. if your not sure of the attendance then dont say GUARANTEED its called False Advertisement and yes YOU CAN SUE.....sh*t.. i wuz telling Bum.. if that wuz me... and you didnt have my $$$, I'd start loading TV's in the trunk of my car to compensate.

Mew2king... I've seen alot of these things happening lately w/ tournaments, rigging pots. If no1 does nething in result of it...then its going to keep happening. I'd freaking Sue. F*** Dat $H1T!

I think M2K should be upset about what happened, but at least the owner notified us before we payed and started the tourney. Seriously, if M2K was so against them going back on saying it would be a $5000 pot then he shouldn't have either entered. They said it would be a smaller amount and he handed them a smaller fee.
Dude are you serious? M2K traveled from Jersey all the way to MD. Then after he already paid for travel expenses He gets the news that they can't pay out the 5K for the pot. what is he suppose to do?? go back to jersey and spend more money and do nothing? hahah. He tried to salvage as much money as he could. that's freaking trash.

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
With all this said- this kind of gives a sour taste to this area for brawl.

I think we can all learn many things from this. Tournaments with Pot % may be the only way to do things from now on unless somebody is rich off their butt.

I don't want Gaame Playe to go out of business, but M2K/Azen/Chillin/KingAce/Seibrik/NinjaLink/Ambrose/G-reg deserve a prize. It is a catch 22- so somebody needs to give.

The answer is this: If you don't like it, don't play in tournaments. Things happen.

This is life at its finest- things happen and people get screwed over. Just like anywhere else. Somebody had to get the short end of the stick. In this case, it was the 8 people I mentioned above (and the teams who placed 1-8, a lot of the same players).

If Travis isn't going to do any more tourney's, I would be happy to host a tournament at Gaame Playe or somewhere else in this area (I live in the same area as Travis), as long as people wouldn't give up on it. I really think we shouldn't just give up on it because a couple bad things happened. I love playing Smash Bros, and I had a great time on Saturday. I don't want it to end because of one bad tournament.

Travis has had AT LEAST 4 really good tournaments before, and one thing goes wrong and a couple users throw a hissy fit. Grow up, get over it. Your lives WILL continue.

M2K- you deserve a prize. If you don't care about Gaame Playe and the money means that much to you, you would probably have a good case in Small Claims court, and you wouldn't need a lawyer because the amount is under $5,000. If you don't plan to take this action, then please stop whining to everyone about it.

Listen to your heart and do what you feel is the right thing to do.

Everyone- I look forward to playing Smash with you all in the near future.

OMG! hahahaha! man I love this post. I swear, I hope we never meet cuz I'd swear I'd let you have it.... and when I do... you can just follow your life example of $H1T HAPPENS, JUST DEAL W/ IT. That's the worst advise you could give ANYONE. So in Life, when $H1T happens, like sum1 rigging the pot and not paying out what they GUARANTEED your suppose to just let it go cuz $H1T HAPPENS IN LIFE???

WRONG!!!

when something happens that's not suppose to and YOU CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! then you do it! you dont sit there like a loser like.. "O MAN...THIS SUCKS! THEY LIED TO ME!! WAAHHHH!" your not concerned about the pot being lowered last minute cuz you didnt place top 3, now did you? exactly.

so please kids...let me try to protect you from stupid advise given from TheTantalus.....WHEN "$H1T HAPPENS" and it wuznt suppose to cuz of false advertisement....DONT JUST TAKE IT..... DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!! this way no1 messes w/ you in the future. if you keep giving the bullies your money...guess what...they're gonna keep coming back cuz your the favorite customer. O MY GOD!! i dont even know why I bother w/ this community.

D

Deleted member

this is why NYC has no more tournaments, all the players beat up the hosts :laugh:

edit: I beat their ***** too

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Mew2King - Didn't get to play you much.. ahh... I hope you know whatever is on your feet, is now in my car. I don't want to be in the car anymore. ):
7: Ambrose (Ice Climbers)
9: Forte - Good matches, I got ded. You played like no other MK I have played yet ):):
9: Snakeee - Nice getting 9th! We didn't get to play at all though :S
13: Atomsk - Good Atomsk. I wanted to beat you in tourney, but we never played (besides teams, which I suck in, srysry)
13: Neo - The most fun I have ever had in a Marth fight. My pikmin listened about 90% of the time, maybe even 95%. Sooo good. I didn't even know Halbred was good or decent for Olimar till Inui told me. How did the set go? I won, then you won twice? Or?
17: Biglue - Sucks I lost to you. One day I'll not be 0-9 to your main.
17: Inui - Inui!!
17: black walts - It's mother ffffiing waltz. It's in the dictionary. What the hell is 'walts'?
17: Chibosempai - Good looking out for the group :UUUU
25: JCeasar - Thank you for the house offer. So sorry that we had to complicate it. I should have just been like normal people and not so mellow and said "Hey, we stay here now instead of drive and screw around for two+ hours!" No sleep before a tourney sucks.
33. Doom - You'll beat Olimars sometime! We should play friendlies more. Aren't you in northern NJ?
33. PyronicStar - PS. You are better in real life. Better than I used to consider you. Keep on working your stuff out.
33. rhyme - u r 2 cute. Work on that stuff and don't go to Samus!

Anyone I forgot, I'm sorry. I was sleeping during most of the tourney (It was actually good that I got knocked out so pathetically early so I could get shut eye)
Not driving to any more long distance tourneys unless getting paid in -full-. Small OOS 2 hour tourneys are awwwright and I'd just need gas money.

Don't stop hosting tourneys Chinessah, blame Ike.

EDIT)) Thank you for everyone who spelt my name as found in the english dictionary.

i won on smashville or yoshis or something, then i won on halberd

barely won both

BUM163

Smash Lord
i actually agree wit ganon328 post. i saw the guranteed 5000 dollar pot. you didn't state if a certain amount of people come then it will be lessen. this happen in other tournaments i read about. i'm not saying it was rigged, but the guranteed adversitement was there. people pay just to get there thinking there is a pot that is that big.

that's one of the reason why i don't go.... why should i get screw over when i can play in nyc with 60 plus every week and not worry about such things. next time my advice is just to go by how many people show up. that way no one complains. ya shouldn't be fighting amongst yaselfs, but the owner that told you to put that cause reality check... someone can get sue for false adversitement. plus to be honest with all ya

DOING SMASH TOURNAMENTS DEALING WITH MONEY IS ILLEGAL. I LOOK IT UP AND REALIZE PEOPLE ARE NOT EVEN POSE TO BE DOING THIS WITHOUT A LICENSE. the owner and winners should talk something out before the situation escalates into something bad.

BUM163

Smash Lord
umbreon i was a host and i ain't get beat up.... i do the beating up lmao. naa nyc is cool, but the stores are gay. i wish i had places like m.d from what i hear. nyc is actually real cool and not as bad as you would think.

chinesahh

Smash Lord
hahaha. Are you Serious?? you started the thread correct? it says it right in the title of the thread. MORON. if your not sure of the attendance then dont say GUARANTEED its called False Advertisement and yes YOU CAN SUE.....sh*t.. i wuz telling Bum.. if that wuz me... and you didnt have my $$$, I'd start loading TV's in the trunk of my car to compensate.
yeah im serious dickhole. I started the thread thinking it was guaranteed, I showed up to run the tournament, and the store owner told me it wasn't 5000 anymore. If you actually read the thread, the money is guaranteed by game play, not me dumbass. So yeah try to sue me wtf? What a ridiculous idea

Kadiev

Smash Ace
Chineesah I have been to a few of your tournaments (not this one) in the past and they have all ran good. Don't stop because of bad weather ( HURRICANE ) and people giving you crap about it. People are losers and when they don't get their way they will target someone.

You losers who are saying you would sue/complaining about the pot size. Stuff happens, and seriously m2k and other users its sad that you guys even think about sueing another smash player especially a great tournament runner. You guys are just sad ****ing losers that need to get something else to do other than smash, please do something else with your life. Well whatever now we see people's true colors. Im really disgusted with mostly everyone in this community thank god I only play brawl once in awhile with friends.

PS - act of god breaks any of your false advertisement and bull**** excuses you guys have.

BUM163

Smash Lord
Don't stop throwing tournaments. Just don't put guranteed unless knowing so. You can't get sued, but the owner sure can cause your just his promoter, but he is the owner of the venue which means he controls whatever happens in there. how many people show up to this tournament?

Niko_K

Smash Master
I don't know what the heck happened with this tournament but all around it was generally a flop due to the turnout, cash withdrawl, and BRACKET MANIPULATION <----Don't deny it.

Could we get a full explination of exactly what happened by chinnesah? Why there wasn't pools. Why the seeding was very so rigged (I heard chillin discussing moving himself around in the bracket. KingAce had to play like 5 MD guys in a row..NJ was playing themselves, etc.)
So, explanation?

BUM163

Smash Lord
Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Lmao If True Thatz Mad Corny. Thatz Y Bum Will Not Travel... I'll Stick To Clubbin On The Weekends After Seeing That One. I Ain't Gonna Get Rigged

Niko_K

Smash Master
It's not about how I did in bracket. I don't care about that. Thanks for coming out though, you're sounding like Dark.Pch >.<

Inui

Banned via Warnings
There was no reason for my winners bracket to look like God Is My Rock - G-reg - NinjaLink - someone broken if I kept winning. Then in losers I fought Plank as early as the 17th place spot. That was ridiculous. At CH3 I had to fight Mew2King, a crewmate, round 3, and Atomsk was also in that same bracket. At ESTICLE I had ChuDat second round. ******** seeding all around.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Also KingAce had to play like, Forte, Boss, Chu and some other pros right from round one....I had chillin round two as well xD

Meanwhile a lot of NY/NJ were fighting eachother for 3 rounds....

QNZ_RAFA

Smash Ace
yeah im serious dickhole. I started the thread thinking it was guaranteed, I showed up to run the tournament, and the store owner told me it wasn't 5000 anymore. If you actually read the thread, the money is guaranteed by game play, not me dumbass. So yeah try to sue me wtf? What a ridiculous idea
"I started this thread thinking it was guaranteed." WORD TO THE WISE....UNLESS YOUR ACTUALLY INVOLVED WITH THE MONEY ....DONT INCLUDE "GUARANTEED."

I see alot of ppl in this thread protecting their friendly neighbor and make the argument....dude are you serious... only 50 ppl showed, you cant expect them to pay out $5000, yea so what if it said guaranteed. or "yea sure you can make that argument "it was guaranteed."

NOT ONLY can you win that argument, but there's actually nothing else left to be said. Chillen....WHO THE F**K CARES WHAT M2K plans to do w/ his money...ITS MONEY that wuz owed to him.. that's it. Put yourselves in the owners position??? put yourself in a smasher's position who traveled mad far to make a tournament that said $5000 GUARANTEED and gets barely enuff to pay for his trip after he just placed first in teams and 2nd in singles. I know your trying to step in and save your friends head, but honestly?? how do you protect him after saying the pot wuz GUARANTEED?

FAST1.... the host of that tournament kept updating his thread opening post w/....OK ___ PPL HAVE REGISTERED FOR THIS TOURNAMENT AND SAID THEY WILL COME...IF EVERYONE SHOWS UP AND JOINS BOTH TEAMS AND SINGLES THIS IS WHAT THE POT SHOULD BE $_,____. they never said guaranteed...they said if evry that said will show up shows up..this is what it should be. its pretty clever you know...it kinda rules out ne hurricane interference. hahaha.

LOOK... YOU CANT PROTECT YOUR FRIEND AFTER WHAT HE DID. SO STOP!! son forget not hosting tournaments ne more.... just delete your swf account and dissappear. your done. YOUR DUNSKY!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
forte and boss isn't that big of a deal

while there was skill and location (especially) seeding probs, in all honesty everyone in this bracket had some skill, and most of everyone were quite good.

i remember someone mentioning a while back that they were surprised chinesah got so low, but he got seeded at an ok position and against me and blackwaltz, who im assuming we were underestimated by the looks of the placement. guess we showed em' waltz, dont under estimate nj pa lol.

KingAce

Smash Ace
chibo i faced boss, then chudat, then forte, then azen, although icant complain about the last part since it was either azen or m2k lol

Inui

Banned via Warnings
forte and boss isn't that big of a deal

while there was skill and location (especially) seeding probs, in all honesty everyone in this bracket had some skill, and most of everyone were quite good.

i remember someone mentioning a while back that they were surprised chinesah got so low, but he got seeded at an ok position and against me and blackwaltz, who im assuming we were underestimated by the looks of the placement. guess we showed em' waltz, dont under estimate nj pa lol.
Boss isn't a big deal but he's good, but Forte is indeed a big deal to face early.

Too many good players were close to each other and location/crew stuff seemed to be almost ignored entirely.

lol BlackWaltz is amazing. I honestly thought he was going to beat NEO. Which would amuse me a bit since I beat BlackWaltz consistently lol.

-__-

Smash Ace
THEN DON'T POST GUARANTEED IN the THREAD TITLE IF YOU AREN'T SURE, you DID guarantee it by POSTING IT IN THE THREAD TITLE

it was either YOU or HIM that guaranteed it, but one of you did, and that's called LYING or FALSE ADVERTISING

normally I wouldn't care that much but this is the 3rd time in a row that BS happened at tourneys, Xbox 360s stolen at Fast1, my wii and important belongings stolen at Smashtrophy 4, and this; I'm tired of tourney-related BS happening ALL THE TIME. Evo world ruleset screwed me over too.

I've already lost hundreds/thousands for NO GOOD REASON among many tourneys, try putting yourself in my shoes for once.

you know why?

cuz people STEAL, and they don't give a **** about what happens to the other people, just what is in their own best interest

it's nothing against you, it's more the store owner's decision that I'm mad about, and mostly the accumulating bull**** that's been CONSTANTLY happening in the past few weeks/months regarding tourneys. It's ********
M2K im with u on sueing after what i heard but...ur fat >_>

BUM163

Smash Lord
wow i won't travel. ya people when i get it need to come to nyc. don't worry about none of that mess. i always ask people if u know each other or in a crew let me know. its different when theres 2 many then eventually ya have to fight each other. when i did it i ask and made sure people saw the seedin.

lol this is great.

-__-

Smash Ace
So umm im throwing a Tournament at that place with the t.vs and that there brawl. Guaranteed... A MILLION DOLLARS O_O.

Patsie

Smash Journeyman
this is second time you talked about this lol

I save the results in my laptop, and the texts were too small..
I don't even know who you are.. and I don't care about your name... "s" "z" same crap lol
uh oh

dont talk smack to waltz or he'll take you to luigis mansion and do... horrible things.....

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Lmao If True Thatz Mad Corny. Thatz Y Bum Will Not Travel... I'll Stick To Clubbin On The Weekends After Seeing That One. I Ain't Gonna Get Rigged
bum stop using bad excuses to come show people that youre 2 good at this game

Top Bottom