• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
So how tall would Layton be in Smash compared to the other characters? He rather tall and that big hat will also have a hit box too. I was going to try to make a moveset for him, but I wanted to get a good feel on his size in comparison to the other characters first.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So how tall would Layton be in Smash compared to the other characters? He rather tall and that big hat will also have a hit box too. I was going to try to make a moveset for him, but I wanted to get a good feel on his size in comparison to the other characters first.
I'd say Mario tall + hat which might make him a bit taller than samus. In my opinion, anyways.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'd say Layton would be a tad taller than Link without his hat.

Also, Layton won that poll I posted yesterday!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd say Layton would be a tad taller than Link without his hat.

Also, Layton won that poll I posted yesterday!

Well it's nice to know Layton usually does well when it comes to the want department. Anyway, thanks for letting us know sonicbrawler. :)

Oh as for Layton's height. It kinda seems to differ, he's pretty tall during the animated cutscenes, but he's pretty short during the in game stuff. I think they would probably use his in game model. So I guess he'd probably be around Link or Peach's height... (Top-Hat excluded)

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I finally completed Azran Legacy today. It was quite the bittersweet experience, and I have many conflicting feelings on how things went down.

In any case, I really hope Layton makes it into Smash now, more than ever.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I finally completed Azran Legacy today. It was quite the bittersweet experience, and I have many conflicting feelings on how things went down.

In any case, I really hope Layton makes it into Smash now, more than ever.
Will I have a bittersweet feeling when I beat the game even though I haven't played the other Layton games?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I found the image I have been waiting for

Layton's down throw confirmed

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've kinda been thinking in regards to potential Professor Layton enemies for the new Smash Run mode. Though the series doesn't really have many "grunt" like enemies. I think there are at least two that come to mind.

Miracle Mask Spoiler​

The Akbadain Mummies
They first appeared in Miracle Mask, they are basically robotic mummies that can charge at you and attack while spinning their swords or ar just slash at you, they cn't jump and they merely move on a set path like in the actual game.

Azran Legacy Spoiler
The Azran Golems

They first appeared in Azran Legacy, they basically fly around and shoot pink beams at you once they spot you.​
I guess they could sort of serve as a replacement of the R.O.B. Blaster enemy from Brawl's Subspace Emmisary.
I guess that's about it really. I mean the series also have the Targent and the Family grunts but since those guys fight by carrying guns, I don't think Sakurai would really include such enemies in the game. Especially since he tried to make a point of giving Snake a gun-free moveset and how he tried to make the Ray Gun look as little like an actual gun as possible.

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Just finished Diabolical Box today, That was really good game if I do say so myself.

Also I'm going to A kon Dressed as Professor Layton, I just finished my costume and I think I did a pretty good job at it. Only thing I couldn't really get on my costume was his collar.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Just finished Diabolical Box today, That was really good game if I do say so myself.

Also I'm going to A kon Dressed as Professor Layton, I just finished my costume and I think I did a pretty good job at it. Only thing I couldn't really get on my costume was his collar.
Yeah, you could probably find a Dracula's robe of the matching color and use that collar.

.....Probably sounds way easier than it is.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've kinda been thinking in regards to potential Professor Layton enemies for the new Smash Run mode. Though the series doesn't really have many "grunt" like enemies. I think there are at least two that come to mind.

Miracle Mask Spoiler​

The Akbadain Mummies
They first appeared in Miracle Mask, they are basically robotic mummies that can charge at you and attack while spinning their swords or ar just slash at you, they cn't jump and they merely move on a set path like in the actual game.

Azran Legacy Spoiler
The Azran Golems

They first appeared in Azran Legacy, they basically fly around and shoot pink beams at you once they spot you.​
I guess they could sort of serve as a replacement of the R.O.B. Blaster enemy from Brawl's Subspace Emmisary.
I guess that's about it really. I mean the series also have the Targent and the Family grunts but since those guys fight by carrying guns, I don't think Sakurai would really include such enemies in the game. Especially since he tried to make a point of giving Snake a gun-free moveset and how he tried to make the Ray Gun look as little like an actual gun as possible.
would be awesome to see whats in spoiler box number 2 in smash run

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Well... we're winding down to E3. If Layton is playable, would he be revealed then?

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
I just finished Unwound Future.....everything about that game was amazing especially the ending..... It made me cry, a lot.

The Professor Layton series is one my favorite stories now. I know he isn't likely to be in smash bros, but I feel that Layton deserves to be in there more than any other potential newcomer, 3rd and 1st party alike.

Well, lets hope for the best at E3.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Y'know, thinking about it, I think it would have been pretty neat to see both Layton and Snake in a trailer. They both kinda have this ! thing going on in their series. I could just kinda imagine Layton pointing to a Box and his ! mark shows up with its sound effect then a pair of eyes peak out of the Box's hole and Snake's ! mark showing up instead above Layton while he looks in shock and then Snake coming out of the box revealing himself. Would be pretty funny but ah well... :p

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Y'know, thinking about it, I think it would have been pretty neat to see both Layton and Snake in a trailer. They both kinda have this ! thing going on in their series. I could just kinda imagine Layton pointing to a Box and his ! mark shows up with its sound effect then a pair of eyes peak out of the Box's hole and Snake's ! mark showing up instead above Layton while he looks in shock and then Snake coming out of the box revealing himself. Would be pretty funny but ah well... :p
That would actually be hilarious

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
the only down side is that snake would return

Américo Santos

Smash Rookie
Sure, welcome on board and welcome to Smashboards too. ^_^
Thank you.
I tried to read as much as i could in this thread but i could not read enough... So i have some questions...
1. Have someone here read the layton mangas and novels?
2. If yes, is there some skill or gadget that he uses in those interations that could help mister Sakurai make him a moveset?
3. Besides games, film, mangas and novels is there some other media featuring the Professor?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Thank you.
I tried to read as much as i could in this thread but i could not read enough... So i have some questions...
1. Have someone here read the layton mangas and novels?
2. If yes, is there some skill or gadget that he uses in those interations that could help mister Sakurai make him a moveset?
3. Besides games, film, mangas and novels is there some other media featuring the Professor?
You're welcome.
1. I haven't read the novels. But I did read some of the manga's.
2. Not sure if he really did anything substantial that he could use as a part of his moveset though. Even then, I'm not sure if they will really acknowledge the novels and manga's in the game even if he did. I'm not even sure if they would include much from Eternal Diva really, even though it is canon to the games... (Then again, they did kinda acknowledge the anime and movies in terms of Pokemon...)
3. Well there are some toys, plushies and trinkets etc of the Layton series sold over at Japan. Besides, the games, film, manga's and novels. Not much else I think...

Well there is the crossover with Phoenix Wright and his cameos in the Inazuma Eleven games besides the main games but that's really it I think.

Américo Santos

Smash Rookie
You're welcome.
1. I haven't read the novels. But I did read some of the manga's.
2. Not sure if he really did anything substantial that he could use as a part of his moveset though. Even then, I'm not sure if they will really acknowledge the novels and manga's in the game even if he did. I'm not even sure if they would include much from Eternal Diva really, even though it is canon to the games... (Then again, they did kinda acknowledge the anime and movies in terms of Pokemon...)
3. Well there are some toys, plushies and trinkets etc of the Layton series sold over at Japan. Besides, the games, film, manga's and novels. Not much else I think...

Well there is the crossover with Phoenix Wright and his cameos in the Inazuma Eleven games besides the main games but that's really it I think.
Now i have to play these Inazuma Eleven interations... Thanks obama.
In one of laytons manga he uses a fishing rod... That could help i guess..

Besides that i was thinking about the possibility of him drinking a cup of tea so he could get powered up for some time, kinda like wii fit trainer can do...

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I read somewhere that there will be a second PL movie... is this true?

R_Trigger

Smash Cadet
Professor Layton would be such a great third party choice, and I would be more than ecstatic to see him. I have a very good friend of mine who's a huge fan, and I'm sure she would actually cry if he was playable in this game. So yes, the prof has my support.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I read somewhere that there will be a second PL movie... is this true?
There was one announced that was supposed to take place between Miracle Mask and Azran Legacy but since there hasn't been any word spoken of it in ages and since Miracle Mask flows into Azran Legacy just nicely, I'm going to assume it has been cancelled. There was also a live action movie announced at that time but nothing has been heard from it for a long time either.
Professor Layton would be such a great third party choice, and I would be more than ecstatic to see him. I have a very good friend of mine who's a huge fan, and I'm sure she would actually cry if he was playable in this game. So yes, the prof has my support.
I'm very happy to hear that. I've added you to the supporters. ^_^

Top Bottom