• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Professor Layton for SSB4 thread!

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I learned the other day that layton has a subsection of the nintendo website.

does anyone know how many other third parties that have this?

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I learned the other day that layton has a subsection of the nintendo website.

does anyone know how many other third parties that have this?
Yeah he has one on the Nintendo of Europe webside if that's what you're referring to.

Ace Attorney and Inazuma Eleven have one too.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Yeah he has one on the Nintendo of Europe webside if that's what you're referring to.

Ace Attorney and Inazuma Eleven have one too.
wait.... Ace Attorney has one?

Phoenix Wright confirmed!

EDIT: link? can't find the official nintendo site for ace attorney. were you perhaps mixed up with the one on the capcom's site?

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
This is probably Layton's last chance if I had to be honest, cross your fingers guys.
Don't remind me.....

Oh well. That's just how it works I suppose.

Since this is probably our last go, thanks to everyone in this thread that's stuck with it since the beginning.. you all made this a fun ride. :')

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Honestly, I would actually say Layton has more of a chance appearing next time. After all, his main competition will already be in the game at that point. If there's a demand for another third party, I imagine it'll be him.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Honestly, I would actually say Layton has more of a chance appearing next time. After all, his main competition will already be in the game at that point. If there's a demand for another third party, I imagine it'll be him.
If there are still games starring him of course (Which the creator said the main character is no longer appearing in the series), in which he possibly has no chance next time. ;-;

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
well, anyways, there's like 2 days until E3, where practically the only suitable announcement time is, other than maybe the 3DS release.

I'm hoping.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Remember when that Layton twitter account made an announcement about Layton fighting a 'Blue Robot Boy' and a 'Tiny Boxer'?

Good times...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I somehow convinced myself Layton will be confirmed on Tuesday.

This will most likely end up badly

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
wait.... Ace Attorney has one?

Phoenix Wright confirmed!

EDIT: link? can't find the official nintendo site for ace attorney. were you perhaps mixed up with the one on the capcom's site?
It was in the European website.
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Characters-Hub/Nintendo-Characters-Hub-106313.html

Guess that wasn't the one you where referring to... ^^;

Don't remind me.....

Oh well. That's just how it works I suppose.

Since this is probably our last go, thanks to everyone in this thread that's stuck with it since the beginning.. you all made this a fun ride. :')
Well I wouldn't say this would be our "last go" but I can imagine Layton's support falling very low compared to how it currently is. Especially if he doesn't get any new games involving him in the future.... :/

As long as he gets the cylinder shaped head and is tall, and his top hat is black and red. :p
And the dot eyes. Don't forget the dot eyes! :troll:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh if that Sal Romano Leak is true (Which seems to be very likely at this point) then Layton is more or less done for. Ah well.... :/

I suppose he may have a better shot in the next games, assuming Snake doesn't get cut and that Level-5 at the very least does something for the series tenth anniversary.

And assuming Sakurai goes a little softer on the third party requirements (not too soft) and if he even wants more than three/four at that point, as well as his competition not being too big and still well requested....

But who knows. He's definitely not in this game imo.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Eh if that Sal Romano Leak is true (Which seems to be very likely at this point) then Layton is more or less done for. Ah well.... :/

I suppose he may have a better shot in the next games, assuming Snake doesn't get cut and that Level-5 at the very least does something for the series tenth anniversary.

And assuming Sakurai goes a little softer on the third party requirements (not too soft) and if he even wants more than three/four at that point, as well as his competition not being too big....

But who knows. He's definitely not in this game imo.
He still has a chance, the Sal Romano leak never said that was all the characters. (And it isn't: it never mentioned Rosalina.)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't know, I personally feel that it's too late at this point. Unless he gets revealed by the next Nintendo Direct I can't really see him happening at this stage.

I think Sakurai just wants the three legendary mascots together with Mario first before he includes any other third parties for this game at least. I'm not very sure if Snake will return either, and if he doesn't, I can see the fans pulling a Mewtwo and pushing more for him to be reincluded in the next games more than any other third party.

Might just be the pessimist in me talking though.

Would love to see both Layton and Snake confirmed at the next Direct but I'm not going to cross my fingers for it.... (at least for Layton)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah Mii Swordfighter + Professor Layton Mii + Top Hat + whatever outfit is the closest to his is practically the closest thing to getting Layton in Smash at this point. Ah well....

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Nintendo just missed a big opportunity to sell games. it would've been a good idea to include the 3rd party character that has 7 recent Nintendo console exclusive games. Smash bros would've been a great way to promote people to buy some games in the Layton series.

I just really want for The Layton series to be acknowledged someday in Smash bros., I mean it has plenty of games, its popular enough and close enough with Nintendo for Professor Layton to be considered a Nintendo all-star character. Well, whatever I just hope someday we get some more Layton games or maybe a Laytonesque game where you play as an older Luke.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Well there's still time, the next best time to reveal another third party is right before the game comes out, so we will have to wait until September for that one.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
It's really nice some of you still have a little optimism in you despite that things are looking very bleak for the good Professor.

I agree, the series has been big and notable enough with Nintendo to deserve acknowledgement in the Super Smash Bros series.
It's really its third party status holding it mostly back which is a real shame.

I guess we could go for a larger push for Layton, if not this Smash then at least the next Smash and hopefully Level-5 will at least continue working on the series and do something good for the series tenth anniversary that will come about in a few years time.
At least that way the series won't fall into obscurity by the time the next games come along...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That feeling when Sakurai misses a huge chance to represent a great series that is hugely tied with Nintendo, and realize he's not playable, you gotta question Sakurai sometimes.

It's almost like missing the opportunity to bring all four of the biggest videogame mascots (Yes I'm implying that it never happened before E3 began, because I can't find another notable example)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
What would be the perfect thirfm party lineup for Smash, in my opinion?

1. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Mega Man
3. Pac-Man
4. Simon Belmont
5. Rayman
6. Warrior of Light or Slime
7. Professor Layton

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
It's really nice some of you still have a little optimism in you despite that things are looking very bleak for the good Professor.

I agree, the series has been big and notable enough with Nintendo to deserve acknowledgement in the Super Smash Bros series.
It's really its third party status holding it mostly back which is a real shame.

I guess we could go for a larger push for Layton, if not this Smash then at least the next Smash and hopefully Level-5 will at least continue working on the series and do something good for the series tenth anniversary that will come about in a few years time.
At least that way the series won't fall into obscurity by the time the next games come along...
Well, problem is by then Layton himself won't be as relevent. Azran Legacy was the last game with Layton in it, though then again relevancy hasn't stopped the (apparent) sightings of Chunky, or the Kremlings from appearing in Smash Run. But yeah, I'm going to stay hopeful. At the very least for a possible appearance in the next game. (Or DLC)

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, problem is by then Layton himself won't be as relevent. Azran Legacy was the last game with Layton in it, though then again relevancy hasn't stopped the (apparent) sightings of Chunky, or the Kremlings from appearing in Smash Run. But yeah, I'm going to stay hopeful. At least, possibly for the next game. (Or DLC)
While that may be true, they did represent Megaman and Pac-Man with their earlier designs instead of their more modern outlooks.
I'd wager that if they where to include a Professor Layton character in Smash, Hershel Layton himself would be the top priority as he is the one most fans really want and not Alfendi, Luke or whatever future protagonist they may get. At least I think that's what Sakurai would do if Megaman and Pac-Man are anything to go by.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
What would be the perfect thirfm party lineup for Smash, in my opinion?

1. Sonic the Hedgehog
2. Mega Man
3. Pac-Man
4. Simon Belmont
5. Rayman
6. Warrior of Light or Slime
7. Professor Layton
if you replace 6 with black mage and remove 5 that would be mine.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Wait, this is an actual thing?

Odd, I don't see much news coverage over it though.... :/
Well, yes and no.

There is a second animated film in development from what I've seen, but this trailer was made for informational purposes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom