• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I agree with the Up Special. It was my intent that yeah you'd still be mobile after using it. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

And yeah, I guess. Dedede throws Gordos though. Peach produces a Toad. Zelda makes a Phantom appear. Game & Watch has loads of NPCs. Olimar has Pink Pikmin appear out of nowhere. It's not unheard of basically. Though I dunno if you're right. My first thought for Kiddy was more like him acting as a barrel but I favored the thumping aspect of his and Dixie's thing in DKC3. Also it's like Kick from Divekick's Party Starter which is great when you can start the party.
I guess that makes sense. I can see where you're coming from now. I personally don't like Kiddy very much, so I think my response might have been a knee-jerk reaction. Who knows, maybe it could happen; either way, I'm just indifferent to the idea.

Yeah, don't hate me for this but Dixie has too much of a similar structure to that of diddy. Besides a different moveset, she just doesn't look very unique that way.

If its anyone, it will be KKR.
I don't hate you; you're entitled to your own opinion. However, I need to bring up the fact that Jigglypuff and Kirby have similar structures, and they play very differently. Same thing with Rosalina and Zelda. If Sakurai wants, he can make anyone unique. Dixie's moveset potential may not be as easy to envision as K. Rool, but I personally believe that she has potential with her prehensile ponytail and aerial mobility to be a very different fighter even though she has a similar structure to Diddy. But, to each their own.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Ganondorf is the big bad of Zelda. Nintendo doesn't even use K. Rool anymore.
They've hardly used Ganondorf recently, either. Again, his last real appearance (not counting remakes) was Twilight Princess. He hasn't been in anything really new in quite some time. Longer than K. Rool, even.

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I would give her a projectile for Neutral B (perhaps the Bubblegum Popgun from Tropical Freeze) for spacing purposes
I've been thinking about this just now. What if the gun blows up a bubble before firing off a load and, upon impact, pops and launches them into the air? A projectile launcher serves the same purposes as the previous move only perhaps better I think. Works with the rest of her stuff. What would you say to that?

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I've been thinking about this just now. What if the gun blows up a bubble before firing off a load and, upon impact, pops and launches them into the air? A projectile launcher serves the same purposes as the previous move only perhaps better I think. Works with the rest of her stuff. What would you say to that?
I like this idea. This works much better for me.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I just realized I wasn't on the list of the OP. I'm largely in favor of Dixie since she's my second most wanted character for this iteration of Smash, after Toad.

So count me as a supporter ! ^^

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I just realized I wasn't on the list of the OP. I'm largely in favor of Dixie since she's my second most wanted character for this iteration of Smash, after Toad.

So count me as a supporter ! ^^
Don't worry. I'll call Venus.

@ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom We have some more supporters:
Princess Toady
Vickand

Whenever you have time, could you please add them to the supporter list? Thank you.

Last edited:

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
Hey! I also want to be a supporter... If it's possible....

There has been Tropical Freeze representation in Smash Bros.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7xUWnQu2Grs#t=781

I'm talking about the music in the Items part of the direct , it can also be form Returns but I like to think that it's from Tropical Freeze, meaning that there will be a stage based on TF, so that boost the chances of Dixie getting in

Koopaul

Smash Champion
It's probably going to be a Returns stage. But I still think Dixie has a chance. The fact that she was a forbidden seven, or whatever it was called, means Sakurai had her on his mind.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Hey! I also want to be a supporter... If it's possible....

There has been Tropical Freeze representation in Smash Bros.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=7xUWnQu2Grs#t=781

I'm talking about the music in the Items part of the direct , it can also be form Returns but I like to think that it's from Tropical Freeze, meaning that there will be a stage based on TF, so that boost the chances of Dixie getting in
Don't worry. I edited my post. You should be added when Venus has time to visit the thread and update the OP.

As for the music, I'm thinking that it's probably based on the Returns version. However, I will not lose hope. Like I've said earlier in the thread, Dixie still has a chance, even without Tropical Freeze getting represented. She has returned to being a major character in the main DK games, and she already had plenty of importance to the series before that. The general public has also known about her appearance in TF since E3 (Sakurai could have known about it for even longer, who knows). I think that's enough time for Sakurai to think about putting her in. If Greninja, a Pokemon who was only officially revealed six months ago, can make it into the roster, the issue of TF being too new to raise Dixie's chances is not important.

I guess it all boils down to whether or not Sakurai sees moveset potential in Dixie and sees it as more favorable than other potential newcomers. I think that if she is in, she will be a secret character, so I'm not expecting to see her until after the final roster is inevitably leaked near the 3DS version's release. We will know soon enough.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
SSBF! How are things? It's been a while.

I will be updating the OP with supporters soon, I promise.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really wish Sakurai would end the stereotype that Dixie is just Diddy with a ponytail. I wish Sakurai would add Dixie to prove that she's completely unique. I wish Sakurai would humble the K. Rool supporters by adding Dixie.

They've hardly used Ganondorf recently, either. Again, his last real appearance (not counting remakes) was Twilight Princess. He hasn't been in anything really new in quite some time. Longer than K. Rool, even.
Yeah, but Ganondorf and Ganon are the same person... and Ganon was in A Link Between Worlds.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I really don't understand this war between K. Rool and Dixie Kong supporters?

Then Cranky in Smash 5.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Not naming names, the "war" consists almost entirely of individual Dixie fans getting oversensitive and complaining when individual K. Rool fans (or users in general, with K. Rool fans being the scapegoat) express their opinion that he is the more unique character. Really, these individuals ought to quit their whining; if they're so sick of hearing what they personally believe to be untrue, prove it to be untrue instead of retreating while b****ing that K. Rool fans need humbling.

Here's a series of great posts from a user named Stilt Village over on DKVine detailing strong options for a unique Dixie moveset. I found it quite impressive, and full of the rich detail and reasoning I haven't seen before in most Dixie move ideas.

"If I were to design a Super Smash Bros. character, I would look at the abilities they have, the way they play in their games (how their physics and attacks work etc.), and their personality. A good last resort would be something that fits the character's role, even though they've never done it before, like the idea of giving K. Rool a crocodile death roll that I've seen tossed around.

With all this in mind, I would make Dixie a little slower and less agile than Diddy (like in DKC2). She would be around the same size and weight as Diddy and a little bit floaty, but not on the level of Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and Kirby. She would have a lot of recovery options, and would be able to get out of nearly any off-stage situation that doesn't instantly KO her.

Similar to Diddy, she would mess with the opponent, but she would take a more laid back approach to it. I imagine her keeping the opponent at arm's length for a more graceful fighting style, as opposed to Diddy's hyperactive antics. She would accomplish this partially with the long reach that her hair would afford to her basic A attacks (and she would need to accomplish this, as many of these moves would take a moment to start up), and partially with some less offensively oriented B specials.

Perhaps:
- Bubblegum that can trap the opponent in place.
- Using the Gumball Popgun for rapid fire light projectiles, a bit like Falco's blaster but with smaller projectiles to balance out their numbers.
- Planet Cool's wind attack idea.

These could be used as utilities mirroring Diddy's peanuts and bananas in their role, if not in their effectiveness and importance to her success (if you take away his food-based moves, Diddy will have surprisingly little left to work with).

While she should certainly be good in the air, I imagine Dixie as being someone who would use her aerial supremacy to approach and retreat, rather than to pull off combos. Instead, she would do most of her actual fighting on the ground, and would instead use her flight to make her an incredibly mobile character who takes advantage of an airspace few other characters use. Other's would find her difficult to chase or combo, and they would have a hard time keeping her away as well. She would use her aerials primarily to keep herself safe in the air; they would be designed for blocking projectiles and countering combo and edge guarding attempts, as well as to spike opponents down to the ground (or into the abyss if they're foolish enough to follow her off the edge of the stage). Finally, she would make great use of some really good throws using her hair and her smash attacks as her main methods of KOing opponents.

Her biggest disadvantage would be that while she does most of her fighting on the ground, it's also where she is most vulnerable to attack, and while she is nigh untouchable while in the air, she can't accomplish very much from there.

Also, while I mentioned attacks involving her hair and gum, I think that the former has a lot more potential than just the basic grappling and hitting attacks that I implied, and that she could also make creative use of her guitar or some other more obscure elements.

I'm no expert on the metagame or inner workings of the physics or anything, so I'm not sure exactly how feasible (or completely broken/useless) all of this is (looking back, it's kind of... off in some way. Too many options, or maybe not enough?) but I think this might at least be a good basic outline for Dixie... maybe?

I'm not a fan of integrating a big focus on bubblegum into her moves, other than taunts. I don't want Dixie to just be Diddy but with gum, because you know damn well that's what they would do to her if thy added a gumgun of sorts. Hell, as much as I love her portrayal in Tropical Freeze, the bubblegum popgun was literally no more than Peanut Popun: Dixie Edition. Same goes for Cranky's dentures. That is, of course, unless Sakurai comes up with something REALLY clever, like some of your ideas. Ah well, as long as they don't do any lazy Shantae moves, I'm good.

That said, I do hope they have a big focus on her guitar. She can use soundwaves as a projectile, a strong weapon, something like Wario's motorcycle, and plenty of taunts/victory animations. She could also pull some tricks from Diddy's DK64 guitar, which would also feed my headcanon of Diddy learning his guitar from Dixie. Oh, she could smash her guitar as a victory animation. I hope she'll play left-handed, because Tropical Freeze gave her a right-handed guitar for no reason.

I am confident that they would implement her various hair moves from the games, namely her classic glide and her TF propeller. I mean, they would have to be stupid not to include them.

Especially in terms of aerial attacks, there's a ton you can do with her hair.

I suppose I should elaborate on why I think that using her hair as a whip of sorts is a bad idea. It's a pretty lazy idea, as it shows that they can't come up with anything better that involves the hair. Like I said, I would think of Shantae instead of Dixie. It's not a very creative way to integrate hair into her moveset. Using it to create wind or to put an emphasis on making a powerful and fast landing is clever.

Speaking of which, I'll get on that landing move. The center of it would be her DKCTF propeller move rather than the glide. Depending on how high up you go, it controls the speed and the power of the way you land. I think it'd be cool to see it work as a boost for her offense. Her standard kicks and punches would be weak on the ground, but she could be a real pain in the ass for the opponent when you bring the propeller in. She would just do the attack as she lands. The higher you go, the stronger the attack, but it would be slower. If you do a shorter propel, then it will be a weaker attack, but it will be lightning quick. With this fast and weak move, she can also get back into the propeller quickly, which leads to very good combos."

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
We don't know exactly how she would play... but many of us believe that her core characteristics - attacking enemies with her hair, spinning her hair to fly, and being a great aerial fighter - should be part of her moveset and gameplay. The Dixie supporters feel that this is enough to make her an unique fighter while the Dixie detractors feel that it is not sufficient enough to make her an unique fighter so they drum up support for other Donkey Kong characters because they are perceived as being more unique than Dixie.

The Dixie supporters are unable to prove that Dixie would be unique... just like the Dixie detractors are unable to prove that Dixie would be a Diddy clone. The only concrete proof everyone needs is Sakurai adding Dixie in Smash just so we can see how she plays out. Just like how the Rosalina supporters were unable to prove that Rosalina would be unique... while the Rosalina detractors were unable to prove that Rosalina would be a Peach clone... and we all got our proof on December 18, 2013.

All Dixie supporters have are ideas... it is entirely up to Sakurai to use any of those ideas as he sees fit should he decides to add Dixie as a newcomer... and the same is true for K. Rool as well. My moveset ideas are just that, ideas... it is just fun to come up with movesets that might suit Dixie well.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
'Support your belief' can be substituted in instead of 'prove it,' in that case. If people aren't given any adequate reason to support an idea, it should come as absolutely no surprise when they don't, or when they gravitate toward what they have perceived as more palatable alternatives. The alternatives aren't worthy of scorn for people's inspiration to compare and contrast them with others.

With regard to Stilt Village's idea, which hasn't been discussed yet, its use of wind mechanics in Smash intrigue me because, aside from, like, Dedede's suction, damage-free 'pulling' moves are greatly underutilized within the game.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmmm... Dixie has never had a "damage-free pulling move" before... BUT she could borrow this move from Cat O' 9 Tails, an enemy in DKC2.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I don't know if anyone has proposed this but what do you think about her neutral special being something like when you change characters in DKC2 but something like a charge attack and dependig on the size of the bubble is the damage and also used in the ground could trap another character. Also I think her down special could be something like DK final smash from Brawl but whit her guitar (and obviously with less power). Her side special can be using her Gumball Popgun that doesn't make a lot of damage but the opponent can trip with de gumballs (like Diddy's bananas). Her up special can be using his hair like in Tropical Freeze but functoning a little like Link up special with less power. And like Peach she can use her hair after her second jump but obviously like in DKC2. And her neutral attacks and smashes a combination of hitting with her fists, feets and hair. She would be agile but not as much as Diddy.And her taunts can be something about her guitar, and a banana bird. And her final smash can be something that involves Kiddy and/or Tinny.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Not naming names, the "war" consists almost entirely of individual Dixie fans getting oversensitive and complaining when individual K. Rool fans (or users in general, with K. Rool fans being the scapegoat) express their opinion that he is the more unique character. Really, these individuals ought to quit their whining; if they're so sick of hearing what they personally believe to be untrue, prove it to be untrue instead of retreating while b****ing that K. Rool fans need humbling.

Here's a series of great posts from a user named Stilt Village over on DKVine detailing strong options for a unique Dixie moveset. I found it quite impressive, and full of the rich detail and reasoning I haven't seen before in most Dixie move ideas.

"If I were to design a Super Smash Bros. character, I would look at the abilities they have, the way they play in their games (how their physics and attacks work etc.), and their personality. A good last resort would be something that fits the character's role, even though they've never done it before, like the idea of giving K. Rool a crocodile death roll that I've seen tossed around.

With all this in mind, I would make Dixie a little slower and less agile than Diddy (like in DKC2). She would be around the same size and weight as Diddy and a little bit floaty, but not on the level of Mewtwo, Jigglypuff and Kirby. She would have a lot of recovery options, and would be able to get out of nearly any off-stage situation that doesn't instantly KO her.

Similar to Diddy, she would mess with the opponent, but she would take a more laid back approach to it. I imagine her keeping the opponent at arm's length for a more graceful fighting style, as opposed to Diddy's hyperactive antics. She would accomplish this partially with the long reach that her hair would afford to her basic A attacks (and she would need to accomplish this, as many of these moves would take a moment to start up), and partially with some less offensively oriented B specials.

Perhaps:
- Bubblegum that can trap the opponent in place.
- Using the Gumball Popgun for rapid fire light projectiles, a bit like Falco's blaster but with smaller projectiles to balance out their numbers.
- Planet Cool's wind attack idea.

These could be used as utilities mirroring Diddy's peanuts and bananas in their role, if not in their effectiveness and importance to her success (if you take away his food-based moves, Diddy will have surprisingly little left to work with).

While she should certainly be good in the air, I imagine Dixie as being someone who would use her aerial supremacy to approach and retreat, rather than to pull off combos. Instead, she would do most of her actual fighting on the ground, and would instead use her flight to make her an incredibly mobile character who takes advantage of an airspace few other characters use. Other's would find her difficult to chase or combo, and they would have a hard time keeping her away as well. She would use her aerials primarily to keep herself safe in the air; they would be designed for blocking projectiles and countering combo and edge guarding attempts, as well as to spike opponents down to the ground (or into the abyss if they're foolish enough to follow her off the edge of the stage). Finally, she would make great use of some really good throws using her hair and her smash attacks as her main methods of KOing opponents.

Her biggest disadvantage would be that while she does most of her fighting on the ground, it's also where she is most vulnerable to attack, and while she is nigh untouchable while in the air, she can't accomplish very much from there.

Also, while I mentioned attacks involving her hair and gum, I think that the former has a lot more potential than just the basic grappling and hitting attacks that I implied, and that she could also make creative use of her guitar or some other more obscure elements.

I'm no expert on the metagame or inner workings of the physics or anything, so I'm not sure exactly how feasible (or completely broken/useless) all of this is (looking back, it's kind of... off in some way. Too many options, or maybe not enough?) but I think this might at least be a good basic outline for Dixie... maybe?

I'm not a fan of integrating a big focus on bubblegum into her moves, other than taunts. I don't want Dixie to just be Diddy but with gum, because you know damn well that's what they would do to her if thy added a gumgun of sorts. Hell, as much as I love her portrayal in Tropical Freeze, the bubblegum popgun was literally no more than Peanut Popun: Dixie Edition. Same goes for Cranky's dentures. That is, of course, unless Sakurai comes up with something REALLY clever, like some of your ideas. Ah well, as long as they don't do any lazy Shantae moves, I'm good.

That said, I do hope they have a big focus on her guitar. She can use soundwaves as a projectile, a strong weapon, something like Wario's motorcycle, and plenty of taunts/victory animations. She could also pull some tricks from Diddy's DK64 guitar, which would also feed my headcanon of Diddy learning his guitar from Dixie. Oh, she could smash her guitar as a victory animation. I hope she'll play left-handed, because Tropical Freeze gave her a right-handed guitar for no reason.

I am confident that they would implement her various hair moves from the games, namely her classic glide and her TF propeller. I mean, they would have to be stupid not to include them.

Especially in terms of aerial attacks, there's a ton you can do with her hair.

I suppose I should elaborate on why I think that using her hair as a whip of sorts is a bad idea. It's a pretty lazy idea, as it shows that they can't come up with anything better that involves the hair. Like I said, I would think of Shantae instead of Dixie. It's not a very creative way to integrate hair into her moveset. Using it to create wind or to put an emphasis on making a powerful and fast landing is clever.

Speaking of which, I'll get on that landing move. The center of it would be her DKCTF propeller move rather than the glide. Depending on how high up you go, it controls the speed and the power of the way you land. I think it'd be cool to see it work as a boost for her offense. Her standard kicks and punches would be weak on the ground, but she could be a real pain in the *** for the opponent when you bring the propeller in. She would just do the attack as she lands. The higher you go, the stronger the attack, but it would be slower. If you do a shorter propel, then it will be a weaker attack, but it will be lightning quick. With this fast and weak move, she can also get back into the propeller quickly, which leads to very good combos."
Thanks for sharing that, BKupa. That's probably the best Dixie moveset idea that I've seen so far. It's very creative, and incorporates the best parts of her abilities. I'm not creative enough to come up with a great moveset, but this is the closest I've seen to how I want her to play.

I agree that it's unfair to make K. Rool fans a scapegoat for the Dixie hate on the Smash forums. Obviously, not everyone who supports K. Rool is a Dixie hater, since that would include me as well. K. Rool is clearly the more popular choice, and that is easily understandable, at least to me. This game could always use more villains, and K. Rool has plenty of style and unique moveset potential. I just prefer Dixie because I have always liked her more. It's a personal thing. The only thing that I get annoyed with is people who justify their disinterest in her being playable by shrugging her off as "Diddy in drag", just because her design is similar to his. I guess the most frustrating thing about it is that I'm not creative enough to justify my beliefs by creating an interesting moveset, so I can't do much to combat the hate. However, I don't blame a specific fanbase for the backlash. I just accept that my most wanted character isn't the most popular.

Hey, at the very least, Dixie isn't as hated as much as Krystal. My fellow Dixie fans can at least take solace in that.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I'm in the middle on the gum idea. I like it, but I don't want it to be a major focus of her moveset. Maybe as just a special move and a taunt. That would satisfy me. I agree with Koopaul, though; I think the above moveset has too much gum. I think it should have a different side special.

Last edited:

InASnowBoundLand

Smash Lord
Hi! Nice to meet you. Although my most wanted is K. Rool, I wanted to show some love to my number 2. I hope these pics actually post. Glad to be here.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
There's something inevitable about Dixie Kong that seems likes she's in this game as playable for sure. I think it might be mostly because of Tropical Freeze and the fact she was planned in Brawl might be my thoughts.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
There's something inevitable about Dixie Kong that seems likes she's in this game as playable for sure. I think it might be mostly because of Tropical Freeze and the fact she was planned in Brawl might be my thoughts.
There are no inevitabilities. Only very likely characters. Dixie is likely, but not guaranteed.
You said something similar about Tom Nook...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I've been playing DKC2 (got all three DKC games before they were removed from Wii Shop Channel) lately and I was thinking about her moves.

Double Jump: Dixie spins her hair like in Tropical Freeze to propel herself upward like how Yoshi's double jump makes him go high.

Float: Dixie spins her hair like in the SNES games to float like how players hold down the jump button to make Peach float.

Neutral B: Steel Barrel
Based on DKC3, a Steel Barrel appears in front of Dixie and she immediately picks it up with her hair... if the player simply taps the B button, Dixie simply rolls the barrel away. If the player holds down the B button and push the control stick up, Dixie will throw the barrel up like how Yoshi throws eggs. If the player holds down the B button and push the control stick left or right, Dixie will put the barrel down on its side, jump on the barrel, and roll the barrel while balancing on it. If the player holds down the B button and push the control stick down, Dixie will throw the barrel straight down through the stage and platforms (like the Donkey Kong arcade).

Side+B: Kongo Twister
Based off the Cat O' 9 Tails enemy in DKC2, Dixie spins across the ground with her hair. If she makes contact with an opponent, she can trap the opponent like Meta Knight's tornado move and launch them upward like the Hyrule Castle tornado stage hazard.

Up+B: Squawks
Squawks appears and he carries Dixie around like in DKC2... Squawks also spits eggs when the player presses the B button while carrying Dixie.

Down+B: Blueberry Splash
Based on Tropical Freeze, Dixie pulls out a giant blueberry from the ground. She can throw it at opponents and projectiles. The blueberries can cancel opponents' charged moves, block projectiles, and remove opponents' effects they get from items such as Super Mushroom, Superspicy Curry, and even Starman. I got this idea from the Scorch 'N' Torch level in Tropical Freeze where blueberries remove flames.

Final Smash: Animal Buddy Stampede
Dixie summons a stampede of rhinoceros (Rambi), elephants (Ellie), ostriches (Expresso), frogs (Winky), spiders (Squitter), and snakes (Rattly) to trample all over the stage.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Down+B: Blueberry Splash
Based on Tropical Freeze, Dixie pulls out a giant blueberry from the ground. She can throw it at opponents and projectiles. The blueberries can cancel opponents' charged moves, block projectiles, and remove opponents' effects they get from items such as Super Mushroom, Superspicy Curry, and even Starman. I got this idea from the Scorch 'N' Torch level in Tropical Freeze where blueberries remove flames.
I remember bringing this idea up in the old leaks thread when some guy on Reddit said he played a demo where Dixie used either a water or an ice attack (he "couldn't tell"). People largely complained that it "was out of character" for Dixie and "she has enough to use otherwise," which, of course, they didn't elaborate on.

andimidna

Smash Master
At this point, I'm honestly going to be disappointed if we don't get both DK newcomers...

I'm not saying this because I think it's extremely likely... but both K Rool and Dixie Kong deserve it more than most characters.
I think that they're the most iconic Nintendo characters that aren't deconfirmed after Ridley that aren't playable yet.
DK is definitely big enough for 4. If I had made the rosters, it would have been like this:

SSB64: DK
Melee: DK and Diddy
Brawl: DK, Diddy, K Rool
Smash 4: DK, Diddy, Dixie, K Rool

And in the next Smash, Cranky too! :laugh:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I remember bringing this idea up in the old leaks thread when some guy on Reddit said he played a demo where Dixie used either a water or an ice attack (he "couldn't tell"). People largely complained that it "was out of character" for Dixie and "she has enough to use otherwise," which, of course, they didn't elaborate on.
I think that maybe the reason they didn't elaborate on Dixie's moveset potential is because they weren't thinking outside of the box when it comes to making Dixie unique and not like Diddy... all we have is her hair... yes, she uses her hair... but what about the other stuff in DKC games that Donkey or Diddy would not use in Smash? Animal Buddies, Steel Barrels, blueberries from that Scorch 'N' Torch level in Tropical Freeze, among other stuff... at least the Kongs actually use those stuff... I personally never liked too much focus on bubblegum. Yeah, she uses it for a projectile attack in Tropical Freeze... but it wasn't anything different from Diddy's peanuts and Cranky's dentures. And it is a move that I rarely use when playing Tropical Freeze... maybe the bubblegum could be used for a normal move (we have normal moves that use projectiles now, thanks to Villager and Mega Man). But I am glad to know I wasn't the only one who thought of Dixie using a water attack.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie using elemental attacks? Why not? Sure, I'll take it.

Also, the K.Rool vs Dixie thing has to stop. Nobody can compare with K.Rool's level of uniqueness. This is no point to be taken against Dixie at all! As Dixie also easily ranks in the Top 5 of uniqueness.

And I love that playstyle description of BKupa's post. It's how I always imagined Dixie to play as.

I want both DKC newcomers badly. With both of them on the roster, I really could care less about the roster. Sure, I really want Isaac, and I really want Ike and Mewtwo back. But, with K.Rool AND Dixie in? I'd have no complaints!

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Uh-oh. Potentially bad news, everyone.

I'm really worried about Dixie's chances if this is legit. There are only 3 spots at most for DK. I wish I could just shrug this off as fake, but it looks like there is nothing at this point that can prove it fake.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I'm really worried about Dixie's chances if this is legit. There are only 3 spots at most for DK. I wish I could just shrug this off as fake, but it looks like there is nothing at this point that can prove it fake.

I think this seriously brings it into question.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Just because something can't be proven fake doesn't mean it's real. I don't think there's anything to really suggest this is anything more than a somewhat well-made fake. I'd take this leak with a grain of salt, if I were you.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
GameFAQs has pretty much debunked the leak. In the pics, WFT is written in all caps (WII FIT TRAINER), whereas every official place lists her as "Wii Fit TRAINER". This includes the official website (even the Japanese one) and her in-game portrait as shown in the Direct. Phew. Glad that's over.

Last edited:

Davidreamcatcha

Smash Ace
Obviously, I'm -far- more in favor of K. Rool in terms of a DKC newcomer. But that's not the time or the place for that discussion.

Rather, I hope that if Dixie were to appear, a unique playstyle/movepool could be found for her that distinguishes her from Diddy. Especially if she was appearing over Rool.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Obviously, I'm -far- more in favor of K. Rool in terms of a DKC newcomer. But that's not the time or the place for that discussion.

Rather, I hope that if Dixie were to appear, a unique playstyle/movepool could be found for her that distinguishes her from Diddy. Especially if she was appearing over Rool.
I agree, and I think that's the general consensus around here. If she does appear, she should have a different moveset from Diddy. I believe that her hair alone could easily make for an interesting moveset that is unique. She could grapple with it, use it for ranged melee attacks, and she could use it to give her lots of aerial mobility.

Last edited:

STARRRaptor

Smash Rookie
I'm actually 90% sure Dixie will be a playable character in the next smash game. Just a hunch but I wouldn't be surprised at all!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom