• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I was thinking about Dixie's animations.... you know how she used to spin her whole body when she was spinning her hair in the original DKC trilogy? Well, what if she could pull off spin-based moves similar to other fighting game characters?

Dixie's Smash Side+A

Dixie's Aerial Up+A

Dixie's Aerial Forward+A

Dixie's dash attack

Dixie's hair could be used as a propeller for her spin-based moves.
I've always imagine moves like this for Dixie only with hair. With a built in whip/propeller I don't see how anyone could view her as a simple clone.

Aside from Little Mac, Dixie is just about the only shoe in I believe we'll get.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I've always imagine moves like this for Dixie only with hair. With a built in whip/propeller I don't see how anyone could view her as a simple clone.
I agree. A lot of people toss Dixie aside because she has a similar build to Diddy, but people in this thread have shown that she can have her own unique style. Besides, there are already pairs of characters who have similar body types and completely different playstyles (Rosalina and Zelda, Kirby and Jigglypuff, Mario and Luigi). Yes, there is the chance that Sakurai's team could be lazy and make Dixie a clone/semi-clone of Diddy, but she definitely has the potential to be unique.

Why did I never see the notification for this, please add me!
Very happy to see this thread getting much more attention!
There we go. Added you. I'm also glad this thread is starting to pick up a little.

andimidna

Smash Master
I agree. A lot of people toss Dixie aside because she has a similar build to Diddy, but people in this thread have shown that she can have her own unique style. Besides, there are already pairs of characters who have similar body types and completely different playstyles (Rosalina and Zelda, Kirby and Jigglypuff, Mario and Luigi). Yes, there is the chance that Sakurai's team could be lazy and make Dixie a clone/semi-clone of Diddy, but she definitely has the potential to be unique.

There we go. Added you. I'm also glad this thread is starting to pick up a little.
The truth has been spoken and it is beautiful...

This is what people need to understand. Dixie could be just as unique as any other choice from DK.
But they could very well add her as a last minute clone, but that's not what we're speculating.
If Sakurai was completely lazy, Little Mac would be a Captain Falcon clone, Rosalina would be a Peach clone, and Villager would be a Ness clone.
It's only a possibility for a last minute thing.
So for now, we discuss her uniqueness, potential, and maybe even her likelihood.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sorry for the delay but I got busy and a busted laptop. Now back with a brand spanking new one.

@ SethTheMage SethTheMage , I will be adding the supporters now.

I tried sprucing up the OP. Hopefully, it looks better albeit with some nasty formatting issues I need to solve.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
The truth has been spoken and it is beautiful...

This is what people need to understand. Dixie could be just as unique as any other choice from DK.
But they could very well add her as a last minute clone, but that's not what we're speculating.
If Sakurai was completely lazy, Little Mac would be a Captain Falcon clone, Rosalina would be a Peach clone, and Villager would be a Ness clone.
It's only a possibility for a last minute thing.
So for now, we discuss her uniqueness, potential, and maybe even her likelihood.
Wait villager as a ness clone, that'd be extremely weird

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Been revisiting DKC-games a plenty lately and I'm more inclined to see her in again, even if I've been a long-time supporter. Sweet job on moveset and playstyle concepts too fellow supporters!

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
Wait villager as a ness clone, that'd be extremely weird
Equally weird as Ganondorf as a Captain Falcon clone just for similar body structure.

Anyways, once a Tropical Freeze stage is confirmed, hopefully even the most biased of K Rool supporters will see she is the most likely.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Equally weird as Ganondorf as a Captain Falcon clone just for similar body structure.

Anyways, if a Tropical Freeze stage is confirmed, hopefully even the most biased of K Rool supporters will see she is the most likely.
Fixed that. We don't have any way of knowing whether or not a Tropical Freeze stage will be in the game at this point.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
It's only logical that there would be one, but of course it's not confirmed yet.
Logical? Of course. But not definite. There exists the possibility that Tropical Freeze might not get a significant amount of content due to it's fairly recent release. It's likely that we will get a Tropical Freeze stage, which in turn would be a great boost to Dixie's already high chances, but at the moment there is no indication of any Tropical Freeze content in Smash.

I apologize for going off like this, I just get a little bothered when people speak as if things are set in stone when such things are only very likely.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Logical? Of course. But not definite. There exists the possibility that Tropical Freeze might not get a significant amount of content due to it's fairly recent release. It's likely that we will get a Tropical Freeze stage, which in turn would be a great boost to Dixie's already high chances, but at the moment there is no indication of any Tropical Freeze content in Smash.

I apologize for going off like this, I just get a little bothered when people speak as if things are set in stone when such things are only very likely.
Granted we have an X and Y stage which released in october while tropical freeze was meant to be released in november

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Sorry for the delay but I got busy and a busted laptop. Now back with a brand spanking new one.

@ SethTheMage SethTheMage , I will be adding the supporters now.

I tried sprucing up the OP. Hopefully, it looks better albeit with some nasty formatting issues I need to solve.
No problem, Venus. Life happens. I'm just glad that this thread is picking up speed. Thanks for updating the OP.

On the likeliness debate between Dixie and K. Rool, I'm staying neutral this one. I personally believe that K. Rool and Dixie are both likely in their own right, and I agree with BKupa in the K. Rool thread that they aren't "competing" with each other for a spot on the roster. They both have their moveset potential, they are both really important to the DK series, and I would consider them both to be a part of the few Nintendo All-Stars that have yet to make it into Smash. In my opinion, the argument doesn't stem from a question of "who is more likely", but a matter of preference. And even though I prefer Dixie over K. Rool, I think that the DK representation in Smash is incomplete without both of them.

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Oh, s***. Smash Direct next week. Trying not to get hopes up for Dixie...failing... x.x SO MUCH HYPE.

D

Deleted member

I can see Dixie Kong get revealed next week. Since this Direct is the closest to the Tropical Freeze release date and now that Diddy Kong got confirmed, I can see her get confirmed here.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really hope so... Dixie Kong was awesome in the original DKC trilogy and she is still amazing in Tropical Freeze. I really think Dixie would be fun to play with.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I can see Dixie Kong get revealed next week. Since this Direct is the closest to the Tropical Freeze release date and now that Diddy Kong got confirmed, I can see her get confirmed here.
I don't think we'll get a DK character right after diddy

andimidna

Smash Master
I think Dixie has a chance of being revealed now that Diddy is out of the way.

However, I think it will be Palutena or Chrom. Possibly even Shulk, Isaac, Ridley, Takamaru, or Mewtwo.
There's a lot to compete with there... we'll see...

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Oh yeah you can add me as a supporter. Sorry I didn't say anything sooner.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think Dixie has a chance of being revealed now that Diddy is out of the way.

However, I think it will be Palutena or Chrom. Possibly even Shulk, Isaac, Ridley, Takamaru, or Mewtwo.
There's a lot to compete with there... we'll see...
Well, we will soon find out on Tuesday! This is so exciting! I am more hyped for newcomers than I am for veterans.... only because I already played as veterans in the past games... while newcomers are shiny new toys for me to play with. :chuckle:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Has anybody thought of what her reveal trailer could be? :D
I have an idea for her trailer it starts with a CGI section with donkey, diddy, mario and luigi fighting on a tropical freeze stage, Mario and luigi knock out donkey and diddy back to back with their forward smashes and then they high five. Luigi points off screen saying "Um, Mario?" before they are both grabbed by dixie's hair and thrown off the stage, the camera pans to dixie and it says, Dixie Kong Swings into Battle, followed by her giggling and then a bunch of gameplay.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Oh yeah you can add me as a supporter. Sorry I didn't say anything sooner.
Don't worry. Venus put in everyone that I tagged in that post, and that includes you. You're in the OP.

On topic, as for who gets revealed in the Direct, I'm setting my expectations low. I learned from February because everyone was expecting Dixie, so I got my hopes up and was disappointed. For this, I'm expecting Ridley and/or Palutena, both of which are very likely to make it in my opinion, and aren't as high on my support list. This will save me from getting too disappointed.

I'm also going to miss the live streaming and won't be able to check here for another few hours, so if by some chance Dixie does get revealed in the Direct, I'm going to miss the initial celebration. :(

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
So, it turns out that I can catch the live stream. See you all on the other side. 2 minutes left.

D

Deleted member

I think Dixie Kong just had her chances lowered...
King K. Rool seems to be stronger now since the Kritters are going to be enemies in this game. Brace yourselves!

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Stay strong, people. While I do think that K. Rool is pretty much a shoo-in at this point because of the Kremlings, don't count Dixie out just yet. It's not entirely out of the question that we could get both. However, I think that if she's in, Dixie will be a secret character and won't be revealed until after the 3DS version launches. We only have until this summer before the final roster is known.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Now we know why we did not get the Diddy & Dixie tag team in the February Direct... characters will not transform in SSB4.

Oh god... just think... Summer 2014 is when SSB4 3DS will come out.... which means E3 2014 is probably when they will announce the exact release dates.

D

Deleted member

If any franchise can get two new playable characters, it's Donkey Kong. K. Rool seems more likely now, but I still consider Dixie Kong to be a plausible contender. She still has a lot going for her; planned for Brawl and she is very important to the series (and Tropical Freeze does increase her importance).

Even if she failed to get in this time (especially if we get K. Rool), Dixie's boost in relevance will serve as an asset for her. It would be wise at this point to start drumming up support for her; she could very well be one of the most wanted characters for SSB6.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
If any franchise can get two new playable characters, it's Donkey Kong. K. Rool seems more likely now, but I still consider Dixie Kong to be a plausible contender. She still has a lot going for her; planned for Brawl and she is very important to the series (and Tropical Freeze does increase her importance).

Even if she failed to get in this time (especially if we get K. Rool), Dixie's boost in relevance will serve as an asset for her. It would be wise at this point to start drumming up support for her; she could very well be one of the most wanted characters for SSB6.
She's one of the most wanted characters for SSB4 now, it seems like a toss up between her and K.Rool and with her recent relevancy she has the bigger chance. Also the tiki's are enemies to so I don't think it means much for K.Rool, in fact I think it makes him less likely, I mean I doubt he'd beat up his own guys in smash run

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
She's one of the most wanted characters for SSB4 now, it seems like a toss up between her and K.Rool and with her recent relevancy she has the bigger chance. Also the tiki's are enemies to so I don't think it means much for K.Rool, in fact I think it makes him less likely, I mean I doubt he'd beat up his own guys in smash run
King Dedede beats up his Waddle Dees, Bowser beats up his Goombas, etc.

Top Bottom