• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Original Girl With the Whirl: Dixie Kong Support Thread

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
I have an idea that could help liven up this thread for a bit, provided that Venus is cool with it. Since the K. Rool and Palutena threads have done roll calls for their supporters, why don't we do one for Dixie? From what I've seen, the number of Dixie supporters has definitely grown since the topic was created (myself included), and I only see 4 supporters in the OP. I feel it needs updating.
I'm all for supporting her she's my second most wanted character after the FE awakening avatar

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I guess what we could do is start a list. That way, if Venus wants to update the OP, it will be easy:

Venus of the Desert Bloom
Shortiecanbrawl
Yani
Melmoe
SethTheMage
Sonicguy726
BluePikmin11
Arcadenik
smashkirby
TumblrFamous
Radical Beam
Aurora Jenny
Banjodorf
BridgesWithTurtles
Oz37
Brawler610
andimidna

EDIT: I'm tagging @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom so you can see this.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Even if Dixie ends up as a Wolf-like clone of Diddy, she would still be unique enough to have a distinct playstyle thanks to her greatest asset - her hair. She could use her hair to whip opponents like Shantae does in her games and like Millia from Guilty Gear games. She could use her hair to float in the air like Peach does when you press and hold the jump button to make her spin her hair like in the original DKC trilogy. She could use her hair to recover by spinning her hair like in Tropical Freeze.

EDIT: Look what I found! Official recolors for Dixie from the games...

Default Color / Red Team Color (pink clothes, blond hair)

Blue Team Color (blue clothes, red hair from DK: King of Swing)

Green Team Color (green clothes, purple hair from DK: King of Swing)

Reversed Colors (yellow clothes, pink hair from DK: King of Swing)

Purple Color (purple clothes, red hair from DKC2)

Sepia Color (brown clothes, sepia hair from DKL3)

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
EDIT: Look what I found! Official recolors for Dixie from the games...

Default Color / Red Team Color (pink clothes, blond hair)

Blue Team Color (blue clothes, red hair from DK: King of Swing)

Green Team Color (green clothes, purple hair from DK: King of Swing)

Reversed Colors (yellow clothes, pink hair from DK: King of Swing)

Purple Color (purple clothes, red hair from DKC2)

Sepia Color (brown clothes, sepia hair from DKL3)
Nice find! Never played KoS, so I didn't know about those alts. I really like the reversed color alt.

Maybe she could also have a red clothes/brown hair alt that is based on Diddy. He had a recolor in Brawl that was similar to Dixie. However, I definitely want that P2 recolor from DKC2 (purple clothes, red hair).

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Add me too! I am a pre-Melee Dixie supporter. Always wanted her in Smash for almost 15 years.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Add me too! I am a pre-Melee Dixie supporter. Always wanted her in Smash for almost 15 years.
Got it. Look at that. We've already doubled the number in the OP. Here's hoping we get more. I'll start poking around the thread archive and tagging people.

EDIT: Ok. Here goes nothing. @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy @Guybrush20X6 @Xenoblaze @Young Horsetail @yani @TumblrFamous @Diddy Kong @SmashShadow @Altais @Reila @Really Shy Guy @Kevandre @ Koopaul Koopaul @skaaaa @PolarisJunkie @TheMysterious2634 @pikachugamer21 @Brawler610 @GmanSir @SeatreasureReturned @New_Dumal

Are any of you interested in being added to the Dixie Kong supporter list that I'm trying to compile? I was poking around the Dixie Kong thread and thought you all might want to be added to the list. I will try to add all that want to be added, but I apologize in advance if I miss any of you.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Thanks @ SethTheMage SethTheMage . I will put that into the OP!

Question for y'all:

What Final Smash could Dixie have?

Last edited:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
Um, Am I on the support list?:ohwell:
Don't worry. I put you on the list. You should be in the OP when Venus has time to update it.

Mark me down, even though I support both K.Rool AND Dixie.
Alright. You are on it too. I also support both K. Rool and Dixie (though I support Dixie more).

EDIT: On topic, I think Dixie's Final Smash is the hardest thing to come up with; I usually left it blank in my movesets. I'm personally leaning against using resources that are also available to DK and Diddy in the games, such as animal buddies. Since her guitar is still being used (she used it in a cutscene in Tropical Freeze), maybe she could pull it out and start rocking out, similar to the Barbara AT in Brawl. Except the shockwaves would be much bigger and do more damage and knockback.

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I know I talk alot more about K. Rool and other newcomers, but I've still got alot of support to give Dixie! She's as much an icon as any of the big names, and needs to be in!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh! I just came up with an idea for her Down+B move... see the beginning of this video... Dixie could pull out a blueberry from the ground... and then she can throw it at an opponent... what's unique about this? Well, it negates item effects and charged moves. For example, Mario got big via Super Mushroom item... throw a blueberry at him and he shrinks back to normal. Another example, Samus fully charged her Charge Shot move... throw a blueberry at her and she loses the charge and she will have to start over again. What's more... it can block but not deflect projectiles! For example, Lucario shoots the Aura Sphere at Dixie... throw a blueberry at the projectile and it disappears with a splash.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Oh! I just came up with an idea for her Down+B move... see the beginning of this video... Dixie could pull out a blueberry from the ground... and then she can throw it at an opponent... what's unique about this? Well, it negates item effects and charged moves. For example, Mario got big via Super Mushroom item... throw a blueberry at him and he shrinks back to normal. Another example, Samus fully charged her Charge Shot move... throw a blueberry at her and she loses the charge and she will have to start over again. What's more... it can block but not deflect projectiles! For example, Lucario shoots the Aura Sphere at Dixie... throw a blueberry at the projectile and it disappears with a splash.
I still like my squirting a juicebox from DKC2 Idea
EDIT: On topic, I think Dixie's Final Smash is the hardest thing to come up with; I usually left it blank in my movesets. I'm personally leaning against using resources that are also available to DK and Diddy in the games, such as animal buddies. Since her guitar is still being used (she used it in a cutscene in Tropical Freeze), maybe she could pull it out and start rocking out, similar to the Barbara AT in Brawl. Except the shockwaves would be much bigger and do more damage and knockback.
What about her riding on ellie the elephant from DKC3, Donkey and Diddy don't have use to her

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Squiriting a juicebox wasn't part of the DKC2 gameplay... it is just an idle animation you see when the player isn't touching the controller buttons for a long time. I prefer that Dixie get moves that were actually part of the gameplay of the games.

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Squiriting a juicebox wasn't part of the DKC2 gameplay... it is just an idle animation you see when the player isn't touching the controller buttons for a long time. I prefer that Dixie get moves that were actually part of the gameplay of the games.
So it was something that added a bit of character to dixie, the guitar wasn't used in gameplay either

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I don't know. To me, the item-negating effect seems too OP with items on and would be pointless with items off. Plus, it also doesn't make much sense in my mind. The blueberries were used in TF to put out fires, but I don't see the connection that would make them have the item-negating effect or reflective properties because they didn't do that in TF.

What about her riding on ellie the elephant from DKC3, Donkey and Diddy don't have use to her
True, but I personally would prefer something else. I just don't see Ellie as iconic or Final Smash material. I feel that something like her guitar would fit better with her personality and style. But, that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Kickback

Smash Cadet
How about useing the hover boat as a final smash? Its iconic enough its on the game cover

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage

Just in case people haven't seen this BitF comic. Pretty much sums up my Tropical Freeze experience. Dixie is OP.

D

Deleted member

Just in case people haven't seen this BitF comic. Pretty much sums up my Tropical Freeze experience. Dixie is OP.
This is incredibly accurate.
I rarely use Diddy Kong.
I almost never use Cranky Kong except for a couple of rare moments.
I always went for Dixie Kong. She was the most useful partner in that game. Her Kong Pow was also rather broken.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
This is incredibly accurate.
I rarely use Diddy Kong.
I almost never use Cranky Kong except for a couple of rare moments.
I always went for Dixie Kong. She was the most useful partner in that game. Her Kong Pow was also rather broken.
Haha Rare, sad pun is sad

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

This! That's how I always play DKC:TF... it was Dixie all the way. I do think that because of Dixie's usefulness in DKC:TF, people who haven't played the original DKC trilogy would become fans of Dixie... and then Dixie's fanbase grows because it includes both the original fans of the DKC trilogy and the new fans of DKC:TF... and Dixie appeals to both generations of gamers... and I think that Dixie would be an excellent addition to the Smash roster.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
A roll call for Dixie supporters, you say? I never post here, but I definitely support. Not nearly as much as K. Rool, but my reaction to her inclusion (so long as it does not compromise that of K. Rool) would certainly be positive.

D

Deleted member

A roll call for Dixie supporters, you say? I never post here, but I definitely support. Not nearly as much as K. Rool, but my reaction to her inclusion (so long as it does not compromise that of K. Rool) would certainly be positive.
I support Dixie Kong.
Honestly, I would rather have K. Rool more than Dixie, but I would be more than happy with either of them. If K. Rool can't get in, then I want Dixie to get in. I would be the most happy if they both got in. They both deserve to get in Smash as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
No problem. I added you.

Here is the updated supporter list so far in case anyone was curious:

Shortiecanbrawl
Yani
Melmoe
SethTheMage
Sonicguy726
BluePikmin11
Arcadenik
smashkirby
TumblrFamous
Radical Beam
Aurora Jenny
Banjodorf
BridgesWithTurtles
Oz37
Brawler610
andimidna

It's small right now, but I think it will grow in time. There has to be more Dixie supporters on this site.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I've been a semi-silent supporter of Dixie pretty much all along, so add me to the list. She's a female fighter, a non-human, and she uses her hair as a weapon. What's not to love? And yes, I support her over K. Rool.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
I've been a semi-silent supporter of Dixie pretty much all along, so add me to the list. She's a female fighter, a non-human, and she uses her hair as a weapon. What's not to love? And yes, I support her over K. Rool.
Added you. And I completely agree with you on all counts. :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I was thinking about Dixie's animations.... you know how she used to spin her whole body when she was spinning her hair in the original DKC trilogy? Well, what if she could pull off spin-based moves similar to other fighting game characters?

Dixie's Smash Side+A

Dixie's Aerial Up+A

Dixie's Aerial Forward+A

Dixie's dash attack

Dixie's hair could be used as a propeller for her spin-based moves.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Dixie could also spin her hair straight up like a drill for her Smash Up attack.

SethTheMage

Smash Ace
NNID
SethTheMage
You forgot me; I support Dixie Kong. She's definitely within my top 10 newcomers.
Sorry about that. I totally flaked. You've been added.

I was thinking about Dixie's animations.... you know how she used to spin her whole body when she was spinning her hair in the original DKC trilogy? Well, what if she could pull off spin-based moves similar to other fighting game characters?

Dixie's Smash Side+A

Dixie's Aerial Up+A

Dixie's Aerial Forward+A

Dixie's dash attack

Dixie's hair could be used as a propeller for her spin-based moves.
I can totally see some of these working, especially the hurricane kick and the spinning bird kick. Though, I personally would prefer her dash attack from Tropical Freeze.

Dixie could also spin her hair straight up like a drill for her Smash Up attack.
I love this idea. Since she used a similar motion to propel herself through water in Tropical Freeze, this seems very plausible.

I was also thinking of various hair whip moves, like Dixie's Forward Tilt being similar to Shantae's hair whip (I've never played a Shantae game, but I've seen her do that). It would give her a decent poke.

Also, I think she could have a short ranged tether/grab with her hair, about the range of Toon Link's Hookshot (maybe slightly longer).

Last edited:
Top Bottom