• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Mr.E

Smash Lord
You'll notice the Ohio ranking thread is dead because Nope is trying to hide out and not finish the latest one.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Berea, huh? I'm not sure how I can help out with that one... I take it this is a Brawl thread now, so that's what I'm gonna try to help with... :p
Brawl or Melee or 64 whatever floats your boat.. as long as its OHIO!!!

and its funny that this thread is active again, since omni isnt.

and if there is anyone around Springfield OH, or Athens OH (Ohio University) looking for competitive Brawl and/or melee, PM me and ill hook you up.

Mac Royale

Smash Cadet
Anyone at or near Miami University? I don't have a car. But I'm calling best Peach until I get to fight some folks, 'cause I'm originally from the MN scene and just go to school here.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Anyone at or near Miami University? I don't have a car. But I'm calling best Peach until I get to fight some folks, 'cause I'm originally from the MN scene and just go to school here.
I wanna say juke lives around maimi, but if you're brawl then that prolly wont help you

Juke

Smash Journeyman
My sister goes to Miami and I think you live in the same building. I'll be in Oxford this sunday for a bit if you want to play. I haven't played brawl in a long time, but there isn't much to it.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Wow that's tempting, if you forget about the looooooong drive down. the day people can teleport is the day I smash in Missouri.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I'm going to INNsomnia, more because I knew Ryan than because of smash, but if anyone wants to coordinate rides down, I'm bussing now, but I may end up with a friend driving, and we may be able to bring a person or two. It's the 18th which is winter break so I'll be more North East than I am here in Berea. Like, 15 min directly south of Mentor.

Nicole

Smash Champion
Wow that's tempting, if you forget about the looooooong drive down. the day people can teleport is the day I smash in Missouri.
Oklahoma (which is 8 hours away) and TEXAS (or at least Dphat so far, but hey! (which is 12 hours away)) are showing more interest in this than you guys, and it's WAAAYYYYY farther for them.

This could be a great centralized tournament for AAALLLLLLLLL of the Midwest to finally meet/play each other and to promote less driving johns. I've driven to tournaments in WI and OK, yeah, the drive isn't fun, but suck it up and have fun with new players you've never met. Plus... MW-W sucks! You could win some money :laugh:

Cook

Smash Master
The day I drive 12+ hours for a tournament...
But it's not 12 hours from Columbus (don't know where everyone in Ohio is). It's about 6.5 hours. Wichita is 7 hours away and they're still coming.

And Dphat is BUYING A PLANE TICKET!!! Come on, that's dedication.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I think the 3 largest problems for us Ohioans + other MW:E is....

1) We are poor
2) The people that would travel are going to Pound 4 2 weeks before that event. (Thus blowing that travel money)
3) We usually have a tourne EVERY WEEKEND in Ohio already. (Granted not as large as yours)

Cook

Smash Master
Maybe if there was an attending list to see who all was coming. Get on it!
There probably will be a list of attendees eventually, but it wouldn't be very complete right now considering that it is, like, two months away. DPhat and Fogo were both interested, so if they went I'm guessing more Texas players would. I'm sure Lain will be there. Dunno of anyone else too notable yet. A bunch of really good KS players that you guys have probably never met or heard of.

Legan

Smash Lord
Maybe if there was an attending list to see who all was coming. Get on it!
Ill be there, and we can money match so there wont be any more wifi johns. Ohio should really come out, itll be good times. Plus well be getting smashed at my place before and after the tournament, It's a win win basically.

And Ironboots and cook speak for themselves, they're mad easy wins. The rest of us pretty much ****.

Framerate

Smash Lord
Legan you don't want to be a God Kai. Join the God Pies. You know you want to.

I'll see about going to this. Maybe my first OoS!

Edited for length (need my sig to represent the GOD PIES!)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
On a seperate note, for those going to Pound 4, Iskascribble and I are looking for 3 more people to share a hotel room to split costs.

Silhouette

Smash Lord

MR what building are you in? Ill talk to my friend soon see if he wants to smash with you before break. Hes got a small group that smash too.

(sry bout the dbl post)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
how much is the split?
According to what I've been told, it'll be split 6 ways (Looks like there's someone else also sharing the room with us, though I personally don't know who. Maybe Fizzle?), so it should come to $14/person.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I can't really name search either cause everyone just calls me az, AZ, aZ, Az, and you can't search a term <3 characters.

Nope

Smash Lord
Ill be there, and we can money match so there wont be any more wifi johns. Ohio should really come out, itll be good times. Plus well be getting smashed at my place before and after the tournament, It's a win win basically.

And Ironboots and cook speak for themselves, they're mad easy wins. The rest of us pretty much ****.
10this

Nope.

10nopes
I just realized that Nope can't name search himself.:laugh:
have u guys head that Nope doesn't do it right?

I hate you guys, and yes it does suck not being able to name search.

But HA! I found this anyway lol

Edit: ALSO! Springfield has a National Tournament Incoming everyone be ready. Update in 2010

Top Bottom