• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Thread

Kel

Smash Master
maybe since I'm not going to pound I can make it out to this....I'll see if OS wants to team or something and dedicate ourselves to getting here...

edit: thought this was the hot dickings thread

ook

Smash Lord
If your name has 3 letters, you can try to put an asterisk after it (kel*, ook*) but that only gives you a small fraction of the results. But still better than nothing

QUIVO

Smash Master
Buahaha I'm glad i have something unique and easy

If I couldn't name search or subscribe to threads, I probably wouldn't really post

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
1. How did Nope find out we were talking about him without name searching 0_0 ?

2. 2009 is coming to an, so I think it's time for us to start giving out the Ohio Awards. Basically you can't nominate yourself, and you can give out awards for anything. Here's the first few I thought of.

The Can't Name Search Self Award goes to: Today, Nope, Kel
Runners Up: Smash64, Framerate, Champ

#5 in Ohio Award: Y.b.M

Role Model Award: Nope

You're Too Slow Award: Shugo
Runner Up: ITT

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=9183029#post9183029

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i used to be able to namesearch but then i invented planking in brawl and that is everywhere

now i just poundsearch

>_>

Nope

Smash Lord
Fizzle you should make a separate Ohio award thread for fun, it would be interesting to see what everyone says lol

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Bump.

Is Anyone Who's Going To VG Bootcamp Leaving Sunday Or After 1:00 On Saturday (With Room In Their Car)? I Still Haven't Been To A National Brawl Tourney And Reeeeeeaaaaally Want To Go To This. Help Me Out Here, Ohio.

Edit: You really let me down today OH.:(

ECHO_R24

Smash Rookie
Just poking my head in here,
I'm from pittsburgh, but i go to school at CWRU in Cleveland... Anyone nearby??

King~

Smash Champion
well lets see

theres a smasher who goes there that plays brawl plus i know, but i dont remeber his tag

M2K lives about and 45-60 mins west of you

umm i live about the same distance south close to akron and so does a large majority of North east ohio brawlers

SFG and Falco400 i wanna say like about 30 mins from there(i maybe wrong)

King beef might not be that far from there idk, he plays both

i dont know much about the melee players, i dont think there are that many in the area either

sorry if this isnt helpful

if your interested in meeting a bunch of them you should come out to TYM this weekend and look around/play some people

TYM thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259233

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah...Ohio Melee is laughably sleepy now. Such a waste of potential...
A lack of a PR and more local tournament activity is what killed it imo.

wakka444

Smash Ace
theres myself, and sil in athens along with nope, sin and to a lesser extent lou champ and capem in springfield and fizzle in dayton that all play but we re all focused on brawl and just play melee on the side for fun

none of us are names in the melee community anyways tho =P and sadly i dont see any of us actually traveling for melee at this point

TheKiest

Smash Champion
none of us are names in the melee community anyways tho =P and sadly i dont see any of us actually traveling for melee at this point
Unless its at a Brawl + Melee tourne I hope.

I know there's a decent amount at OSU/Columbus (including the Hosts of the MoO series), but I haven't heard or seen them doing anything recently.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
*Sigh*

Well, maybe I'll actually start picking up Brawl again. I don't really dislike the game... I just like Melee way better, ya know?

But, still, I guess it's better than nothing.

wakka444

Smash Ace
the trick to enjoying brawl as a melee player is too simply play diddy, tech skill, true combos, and his glidetoss is far as i care a wavedash in terms of applications =)

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Oh master WGS was at ohayocon and stuff. Were you the guy that won melee?
Yeah, that tourney sucked. Nobdody there was any good. I knew it was a bad sign when everybody flipped when I started doing easy stuff. The one guy MCing the thing (Wolf, I think) wasn't too bad, but I still beat him.

I want to emphasize that, though I'm no casual guy, I'm far from 'good.' Ohio, I am disappoint. Scubby Marths like me should never come in first. :p

Kel

Smash Master
I would have entered but they wouldn't let me. People were going to give up their spots for me in the first round and the guy wouldn't let me enter >=(.

King~

Smash Champion
dang mad just not legit, ahh

oh a the dude master i think you playedd ITT in finals, he play camus if catch my mountain air. breeeze you kno

Top Bottom