• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Can I get a link for the 3rd leak? I've been looking all over the internet and whenever someone asks for it all they get is a resume of what Sal supposedly said.(yes, by the way, I've looked at the other pages and there never seems to be a direct link to it)
It should be on the front page. Otherwise iirc it's the last post on page 52.

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
What I meant was you would purchase the character DLC digitally, then you would have the option to purchase the Amiibo figure if you wanted to use the character as a Figure Player.
I'd be fine with that, as that's the deal they're going with for the figures and characters we already know exist in the base game.

We'll have to see if the amiibos tie-in with the possible DLC characters at a later date. At this rate, we'll certainly be receiving at least one more Nintendo Direct to announce the date and game mode for the WiiU. Probably one or two more newcomers, or at least veterans in the future as well.

It's a shame the leak didn't cover anything more about the NFC figures.

Shroob

Sup?
has it been proven that this guy is the actual Sal Romano?

Forgive me for being so sceptical but I think we all have the right to be after all the fake leaks we had this past year:awesome:
Yes, it is the real Sal Romano. Pretty sure StarPhoenix and him have talked in the past.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Space furries are interesting. Fox and Falco have almost a Mario/Luigi relationship going on. Fox is the offensive Juggernaut and Falco is more of a defensive character. They are both heavy, but in terms of speed and jump there are big differences. Sakurai added Falco over Wolf during the Melee clone assault because of the more apparent differences in jumps and model design (a bird as opposed to another canine).

I think Falco is more of a keeper than Wolf in this situation. Fox, Falco and Wolf's specials are variations of each other. The only thing I think Wolf has going for him in terms of uniqueness is his ground-covering Forward Smash. But this design space can be utilized with new characters.

We will see. Personally, if I had to keep all three I would give the Side special and Up Special of Wolf to Falco and give Wolf all distinct special moves (he can keep his blaster).
Wolf's in. Don't shatter my dreams.

In all seriousness, his playstyle is much, much different from any other fighter. His fair is like the only one in Brawl that knocks up. His nair has unique sex kick properties, his uair is a unique juggling move, he has an awesome spike, Wolf Flash is among the most intriquing moves in the game in its design, his melee-range blaster is awesome, his Usmash looks and sounds hella cool, and yes, dat Side Smash. And unique throws, especially the properties of down throw. He offers more than just Side Smash.

His weight, fighting stance, air speed and other attributes (such as fast walk, slow run, opposite of Fox) are all unique from Fox, minus his fast falling.

Wolf is (albeit partially thanks to my bias) a more distinctive member of the roster than Lucas.

D

Deleted member

Of course I know they're different, I main Fire Emblem in P:M! I was talking about the way they look to the unsuspecting smash enthusiast, y'know, just a bunch of blue haired amine characters:b

Now, I don't know a whole lot about Chrom, but, I think if the Smash devs can make the Miis look pretty hype, I think they would do a heck of a good job with him.
True, if we get Chrom (which we very likely are at this point), it's just gonna be BLUE HAIRED SWORDSMEN ERRYWHERE. I was just saying that while they might all look samey, they're all going to play different. For some reason a lot of people attribute the blue haired swordsman thing to similar playstyles.

Shroob

Sup?
True, if we get Chrom (which we very likely are at this point), it's just gonna be BLUE HAIRED SWORDSMEN ERRYWHERE. I was just saying that while they might all look samey, they're all going to play different. For some reason a lot of people attribute the blue haired swordsman thing to similar playstyles.
I think people are afraid it'll turn into another 3 animals in space jackets.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575

In all seriousness, his playstyle is much, much different from any other fighter. His fair is like the only one in Brawl that knocks up. His nair has unique sex kick properties, his uair is a unique juggling move, he has an awesome spike, Wolf Flash is among the most intriquing moves in the game in its design, his melee-range blaster is awesome, his Usmash looks and sounds hella cool, and yes, dat Side Smash. And unique throws, especially the properties of down throw. He offers more than just Side Smash.

His weight, fighting stance, air speed and other attributes (such as fast walk, slow run, opposite of Fox) are all unique from Fox, minus his fast falling.

Wolf is (albeit partially thanks to my bias) a more distinctive member of the roster than Lucas.
This. Consider this too: with customizable movesets, you don't get to alter A moves...just specials. Wolf's standard moves are more stand alone from Fox/Falco than Lucas's are from Ness (albeit still a little different).

You may be able to customize Ness's specials to fit Lucas's character. The PS absorb could be customized to be on you or in front of you (ness/lucas), PK flash could be changed to PK freeze (ness/lucas), and the PK fire quality could be customized (ness/lucas). And hell, maybe he'll even throw in an alternate costume for the big Lucas fans out there.

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I already made my choice about don't believing Sal-leak until the very end...

D

Deleted member 245254

has it been proven that this guy is the actual Sal Romano?

Forgive me for being so sceptical but I think we all have the right to be after all the fake leaks we had this past year:awesome:
It's your choice to be skeptical of nearly insurmountable evidence, you just look somewhat like a fool is all.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Yeah, I get that Chrom seems like a very popular and prominent character but literally the only thing that he will contribute to Fire Emblem by being in smash other then Awakening advertising is how ****ing limited Fire Emblem is as a series (not saying that it actually is limited) Clearly that's a positive thing =.=

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
It's your choice to be skeptical of nearly insurmountable evidence, you just look somewhat like a fool is all.
Nice of you to be so condescending when I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible.

I've repeated numerous times that I'm about 98% sure the leak is true, I'm just against the fact of being so 100% sure. You never know, that's all.

But really, learn to have a conversation. I can see what I said probably made you angry but I didn't make a rude statement concerning the leak, and I think anyone has the right to be skeptical to the very end (which is when Shulk of Chorus Men are announced.)

You stated yourself that it's nearly insurmountable, meaning that it still could be.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
This. Consider this too: with customizable movesets, you don't get to alter A moves...just specials. Wolf's standard moves are more stand alone from Fox/Falco than Lucas's are from Ness (albeit still a little different).

You may be able to customize Ness's specials to fit Lucas's character. The PS absorb could be customized to be on you or in front of you (ness/lucas), PK flash could be changed to PK freeze (ness/lucas), and the PK fire quality could be customized (ness/lucas). And hell, maybe he'll even throw in an alternate costume for the big Lucas fans out there.
Doesn't change the fact that a unique character was cut for no real reason. Neither Lucas or Wolf should be dropped, yet somehow Lucas was.

I already made my choice about don't believing Sal-leak until the very end...
I don't know how you can possibly disbelieve anything at this point.

I'm honestly glad we learned all this so early. It gives me more time to get over the disappointment. If the game had told me that I'd unlocked all the characters, and I saw this?

I'd be more than a little furious.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Doesn't change the fact that a unique character was cut for no real reason. Neither Lucas or Wolf should be dropped, yet somehow Lucas was.
May be cut. It's not guaranteed, remember? Likely does not mean "is happening without a shadow of a doubt."

If he does get cut(and doesn't become DLC), then I agree you got a good reason to complain. As of now, we don't even know if he's out. It's being discussed.

D

Deleted member 245254

Nice of you to be so condescending when I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible.

I've repeated numerous times that I'm about 98% sure the leak is true, I'm just against the fact of being so 100% sure. You never know, that's all.

But really, learn to have a conversation. I can see what I said probably made you angry but I didn't make a rude statement concerning the leak, and I think anyone has the right to be skeptical to the very end (which is when Shulk of Chorus Men are announced.)

You stated yourself that it's nearly insurmountable, meaning that it still could be.
What do you have to gain by stating the obvious? Yes, it's still not 100% proven legit without question but the proof is basically in the pudding.

People believe it because it's LIKELY to be true at this point, what harm is there in banking on it with confidence? It's not like there is some kind of consequence for being wrong in the end.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Eh, I'm gonna say the part about Lucas being cut isn't happening. Nintendo referenced Mother 3 in the Robot Chicken, so they are for sure aware of his popularity. If Toon Link, Falco, and Wolf can stay, I don't know why Lucas can't.

Last edited:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I don't know how you can possibly disbelieve anything at this point.
The truth is that I'm in denial. There's no K.Rool, or Dixie. I know it's stupid, but don't kill my dreams yet.

He could be a lucky guy. From Sal leak, the unique character I expecting is Shulk.
I will love the game anyway, and the roster is not ridiculous with Sal-"leak" but just Chorus Men can kill me hopes from it beeing fake.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Eh, I'm gonna say the part about Lucas being cut isn't happening. Nintendo referenced Mother 3 in the Robot Chicken, so they are for sure aware of his popularity. If Toon Link, Falco, and Wolf can stay, I don't know why Lucas can't.
Toon Link and Falco you have a point with - Wolf you don't. Wolf is so far removed from Fox/Falco.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
Is it confirmed (in the leak) that Lucas is cut?

I have a theory that almost everything from Brawl, bar Ivy, squirtle, and mayyyybe Snake, will be recycled, I mean we've seen the assist trophies are pretty much the same, the movesets are pretty much the same, the engine is very similar, what with the airdodge and the lack of L-cancelling and the such, the halberd looks very samey, maybe just with enhanced textures, I think it;s a very solid theory, especially after the confirmation of Ike. So tell me, what do you guys think?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is it confirmed (in the leak) that Lucas is cut?
Nope. That it has a big chance that it'll happen. Of his 3rd leak, DLC has to happen, and Lucas has to be cut(those two specifically) to directly prove it right. If Lucas stays, it has no effect since he had only a chance of being cut. If DLC doesn't happen, then Sal's leaker lied in some way. Not counting not saying a few things, that is.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Nope. That it has a big chance that it'll happen. Of his 3rd leak, DLC has to happen, and Lucas has to be cut(those two specifically) to directly prove it right. If Lucas stays, it has no effect since he had only a chance of being cut. If DLC doesn't happen, then Sal's leaker lied in some way. Not counting not saying a few things, that is.
Technically, Ness could be cut instead of Lucas. His leak said there's a debate, but it's looking like it'll be Lucas. That's pretty vague, so as long as one of them is cut, then it's good.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
The truth is that I'm in denial. There's no K.Rool, or Dixie. I know it's stupid, but don't kill my dreams yet.

He could be a lucky guy. From Sal leak, the unique character I expecting is Shulk.
I will love the game anyway, and the roster is not ridiculous with Sal-"leak" but just Chorus Men can kill me hopes from it beeing fake.
I recommend forcing yourself to accept it. If you get over your disappointment now, you can enjoy the game for what it is when it comes out.

Omega Tyrant

Smash Champion
NNID
OmegaTyrant

^This

It's really annoying when people just pass Wolf off as a clone of Fox, when his standard moveset is completely different, his physics and general animations are different, and despite the same naming theme/motiff, only two specials moves are actually some sort of cloned move, while one of those is a semi-cloned move with really unique properties. Calling Wolf even a semi-clone is really stretching it.

Now considering how much people do think Wolf is just a Fox clone because his similar appearance and a couple of similar special moves, I expect Chrom would get the same treatment regardless of how different he is. Hell, there are some people who think Ike is a clone of Marth because they're both blue-haired swordsman with capes and Counter.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
The things I'm holding on for:
King K Rool
Mewtwo
A non-Chrom FE character
A non-R. Heaven music character

If I get these, Pac and Mii won't be so bad.

You no what? Chorus Men are fine actually. Just #TeamanyonebutChrom

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Here's an odd scenario...

Let's say the first two leaks turn out to be true, but the third one somehow ends up being a lie when it comes to DLC.

....How do we explain this?

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575

Let's say the first two leaks turn out to be true, but the third one somehow ends up being a lie when it comes to DLC.

Will it really matter at that point? The game will have already been out and we will have had it in our hands for some time. At that point, we don't care about the leak.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Will it really matter at that point? The game will have already been out and we will have had it in our hands for some time. At that point, we don't care about the leak.
I do. Because if that's the roster, we better get some DLC. You know so I can have more than One newcomer I actually want to use?

Last edited:

JD_Pro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JD_Pro
The leak is real..... Does that mean Captain Falcon is back? I cant wait to falcon punch pac-man to oblivion

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Technically, Ness could be cut instead of Lucas. His leak said there's a debate, but it's looking like it'll be Lucas. That's pretty vague, so as long as one of them is cut, then it's good.
Or Ness. True.

He clearly had some information but lied about others. It does hurt his own credibility, though.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I do. Because if that's the roster, we better get some DLC. You know so I can have more than One newcomer I actually want to use?
Ok, sure. But I mean, in terms of "this leak was false!" vs "this leak nailed it." When it comes to that, which is what this thread is all about, it won't really matter.

Besides, to use logic used in this thread on that subject: "they could always change their mind and decide not to do DLC, so the leak was outdated information."

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
2 Things to Say Though. If he thought that Rosalina was maybe like a Peach color. I hope that means that he could have mistaken Bandana Dee for a normal Waddle Dee, or maybe Ridley as a stage hazard.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
OK, I made a thing. Here we go.
WHAT GEMATSU TOLD US, ROUND 1:
  • Villager
  • Mega Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Little Mac
  • Miis
  • Pac-Man
E3 2013:
  • Villager came to Town
  • Mega Man joined the Battle
  • Wii Fit Trainer weighed in
Later
  • Little Mac Punched In
SSB4 DIRECT COMING SOON, ROUND 2 WAS UNVEILED:
  • Miis & Pac-Man we're still on the way, with 5 more Newcomers
  • Pokemon from X/Y
  • Palutena
  • Chrom
  • Shulk
  • Chorus Men
Super Smash Bros. Direct:
  • Greninja made a Splash
E3 2014 COMING SOON, NO ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM GEMATSU.
E3 2014. Make-or-break time.
  • Mii Fighter joined the Battle!
  • Palutena Alights!
  • PAC-MAN Hungers for Battle!
  • Rhythm Heaven Enemy spotted in Smash Run!
RESULTS SO FAR:
  • Villager
  • Mega Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Little Mac
  • Mii Fighter (Mii)
  • Greninja (Pokemon from X/Y)
  • PAC-MAN
  • Palutena
  • Chorus Men
  • Chrom
  • Shulk
Only 3 left.
Rhythm Heaven character spotted in Smash Run.
Fire Emblem: Awakening huge Success.
Xenoblade Chronicles X, sequel to Shulk's main game announced.
One more day of E3.
This is it.
Is Gematsu's source a true leaker?
An Extremely Lucky Guess?
Or a Prediction gone wrong?
We'll find out in less than 4 Months.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
  • Villager
  • Mega Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Little Mac
  • Miis
  • Pac-Man
E3 2013:
  • Villager came to Town
Later
  • Little Mac Punched In
SSB4 COMING SOON, ROUND 2 WAS UNVEILED:
  • Pokemon from X/Y
  • Palutena
  • Chrom
  • Shulk
  • Chorus Men
  • Greninja made a Splash
  • Palutena Alights!
RESULTS SO FAR:
  • Villager
  • Mega Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Little Mac
  • Mii Fighter (Mii)
  • PAC-MAN
  • Palutena
  • Chorus Men
  • Chrom
  • Shulk
Only 3 left.
One more day of E3.
This is it.
Or a Prediction gone wrong?We'll find out in less than 4 Months.
Even if the last three aren't revealed here, we know the leak is true. There's no way you guess "Mii Fighter".

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
  • Villager
  • Mega Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Little Mac
  • Miis
  • Pac-Man
E3 2013:
  • Villager came to Town
Later
  • Little Mac Punched In
SSB4 DIRECT COMING SOON, ROUND 2 WAS UNVEILED:
  • Pokemon from X/Y
  • Palutena
  • Chrom
  • Shulk
  • Chorus Men
  • Greninja made a Splash
  • Palutena Alights!
RESULTS SO FAR:
  • Villager
  • Mega Man
  • Wii Fit Trainer
  • Little Mac
  • Mii Fighter (Mii)
  • PAC-MAN
  • Palutena
  • Chorus Men
  • Chrom
  • Shulk
Only 3 left.
One more day of E3.
This is it.
Or a Prediction gone wrong?
We'll find out in less than 4 Months.
You forgot something he outright said;

"Ness or Lucas may be cut, more likely Lucas"
"Post-game DLC confirmed"

These do matter and were part of the 3rd link. Since he did say them after all. Even if most of the leak is real, something could be wrong, including these last bits. If Ness and Lucas make it back, but no DLC happens, he either lied or Nintendo completely changed their minds. I'm leaning towards the mind-changing due to the extreme accuracy of this leak except fur due dates.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
With Lucas getting cut, I really hope not.
Why? You're upset a character you like may get cut, so it would make you feel better for other people's main to get cut? Talk about selfish. "I'm mad, so other better not be able to enjoy their character too!"

That's just butt-hurt logic to me. Besides, Wolf is far less of a clone of Fox than Lucas is of Ness. If anything, you should change your argument to Falco.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
With Lucas getting cut, I really hope not.
That's a pretty nasty thing to say. If you can't have your preferred character, someone else can't too? What makes you feel Lucas is more deserving than Wolf? I like Lucas too, and three people I know main him. I would never wish his exclusion just cause' Wolf was cut. Don't drag others down just because Lucas may be out.

Shroob

Sup?
Why? You're upset a character you like may get cut, so it would make you feel better for other people's main to get cut? Talk about selfish. "I'm mad, so other better not be able to enjoy their character too!"

That's just butt-hurt logic to me. Besides, Wolf is far less of a clone of Fox than Lucas is of Ness. If anything, you should change your argument to Falco.
I think one of the problems is that Mother gets very little representation in Smash. Star Fox, a series with 5-6 games under its belt and having been dead for close to 10 years until the other day, gets 3 characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom