• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

User33

Smash Journeyman
Assigning generous probabilities of predicting a character randomly, and have that character being in the game (from before the initial E3 reveal)

Villager: 60%
Wii Fit Trainer: 0.1%
Mega Man: 85%
Little Mac: 75%
Mii: 30%
Pac-Man: 50%

Gives.....a 0.0057375% chance of the Gematsu leaker "randomly" guessing these six characters, and having all six of these characters actually be in the final game.

Give it up guys...

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
It wasn't sarcasm. It stands to reason that if the guy had access to every other character on the roster, he had access to Rosalina, the ZSS/Charizard/Sheik plans to make a single character, and the Mii triple threat. He didn't, so the leak is by and large a fake.

You guys can rationalize it all you want, and that's fine, but this is great news.
FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME PEOPLE HE DID NOT GEUSS ROSALINA BECAUSE SHE WAS NOT AN EXPECTED E3 REVEAL, THE FIRST WAS A E3 LEAK, THE SECOND CAME AFTER SHE WAS ANNOUNCED. The zss/chard are not newcomers which is what he is revealing and the mii fighter is a mii so what the point? people are really grasping at straws for trying to make this fake

Morbi

Scavenger
With Dark Pit no longer being a costume for Pit, it makes you wonder though. If we take the trailer literally, how did he come to ruin Palutena's 'fun'? Is her 'fun' her reveal?

Honestly, it would not surprise me at all if Dark Pit was our 'Melee clone' of the game, someone Sakurai just decided to add at the last minute to fill a roster spot.... though why it wouldn't go to Lucas baffles me.
It would not surprised me either; but no other alternate costumes were available at the event if I am not mistaken. So Dark Pit could still be an alternate costume as opposed to an alternate color.

Shroob

Sup?
It would not surprised me either; but no other alternate costumes were available at the event if I am not mistaken. So Dark Pit could still be an alternate costume as opposed to an alternate color.
Actually, apparently Hii Fit Trainer was readily available.

Espio264

Smash Ace
So with this leak and assuming the 48 character 4 cuts is true the roster should be like this.

Obviouslynot exactly like this. Cause I accidentally put the characters in the wrong order at the bottom.
I think I've finally come around to being satisfied with this lineup. The lack of Ridley is something that I knew I'd likely have to come to terms with, so I'll get past it. If it's true, it'll be a bit of a bummer, as there will be no real surprises left, like an Isaac, K. Rool or Toad that we're no longer expecting, but hopefully reveals for Shulk, Chrom and even the kiddies will blow us all on our Bender's most frequently used word and make up for it.

Honestly though, if both Falco and Mewtwo make it back in, Im satisfied with whatever.

Chumpette.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think I've finally come around to being satisfied with this lineup. The lack of Ridley is something that I knew I'd likely have to come to terms with, so I'll get past it. If it's true, it'll be a bit of a bummer, as there will be no real surprises left, like an Isaac, K. Rool or Toad that we're no longer expecting, but hopefully reveals for Shulk, Chrom and even the kiddies will blow us all on our Bender's most frequently used word and make up for it.

Honestly though, if both Falco and Mewtwo make it back in, Im satisfied with whatever.

Chumpette.
I still hate Chorus Men's inclusion

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Hey Chunks, what's your opinion on the random Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run?
Well, I'd say that's pretty solid evidence, but we also have to remember there's Kremlings and no sign of K. Rool or another DK representative, so it's anyone's guess. Though if I had to guess, though, I'd say that's a good sign for Marshal/Chorus Men.

Espio264

Smash Ace
I still hate Chorus Men's inclusion
I was never crazy about the possibility of Miis or Pacman either, but after yesterday, I've accepted it.
If they're in, they'll probably be fun.

There's still the possibility that Sal hasn't spilled every bean just yet.
Or that he's just a fortuitous asshat who oozes dumb luck.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I was never crazy about the possibility of Miis or Pacman either, but after yesterday, I've accepted it.
If they're in, they'll probably be fun.

There's still the possibility that Sal hasn't spilled every bean just yet.
Or that he's just a fortuitous ****** who oozes dumb luck.
Every newcomer aside from WFT has been a pretty safe guess I'm still crossing my fingers for the Chorus Men to be assist trophies.

Tides

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoichx
If Sakurai added Dark Pit as a clone and cut Lucas I would be salty as hell. Like the whole ocean wouldn't come close to the levels of salt I would feel. If Kid Icarus did get a third rep, I would hope it would be Medusa or Hades.

Hope we get Chorus Men still. :)

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
So with this leak and assuming the 48 character 4 cuts is true the roster should be like this.

Obviouslynot exactly like this. Cause I accidentally put the characters in the wrong order at the bottom.
From this list, which 4 characters are cut?

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I'm actually not sure about that.
Wire-Frame Mac wasn't available in the Best Buy demo today. Cycled through, went with wifebeater Mac instead. Didn't get a chacne to cycle through Pit. I don't think there was a Dark Link either, so those are probably being worked out.

Also....I missed the Rhythm Heaven character in Smash Run. Anyone got a pic or video?

Last edited:

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
So, according to this leak, there's only 5 more newcomers? I was against the idea of Mii and Pac-man, but the way they made them look, makes me think they're gonna be a lot of fun. I say this because, at least as of right now, am against the inclusion of the chorus men, I really don't think they're gonna be fun at all, I would take Ridley (whom I despise, mind you) before those ugly looking things!

...However, it wouldn't surprise me if I end up liking them, it's just that I really don't see them in smash, that's all.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So, according to this leak, there's only 5 more newcomers? I was against the idea of Mii and Pac-man, but the way they made them look, makes me think they're gonna be a lot of fun. I say this because, at least as of right now, am against the inclusion of the chorus men, I really don't think they're gonna be fun at all, I would take Ridley (whom I despise, mind you) before those ugly looking things!

...However, it wouldn't surprise me if I end up liking them, it's just that I really don't see them in smash, that's all.
He did not say those were all the newcomers. Rosalina showed up without him announcing it, so... we could get more.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
You all know how much I hate Pac-Man and Mii right? Well I feel like Palutena's hype was enough to counter them.. But I think Mewtwo and King K will need to help her if Chrom is confirmed. The one thing I wanted besides Palutena was a Fire Emblem character that isn't Chrom.

I'm still hoping for the best, and preparing for the worst.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ask and ye shall receive:

EDIT: Specifically, it's apparently a ghost from the mini-game 'Sneaky Spirits'.

I was hoping this was fake, because it has Little Mac with 0% when it looks like he is taking damage and the Spirit isn't white like he probably should be.

Strange though, why is he that color??

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
I hate to say it, but hoping that we'll get more newcomers because he failed to mention Rosalina is wishful thinking.

The only reason he didn't mention Rosalina in Leak #1 is because leak #1 was specifically about E3. Leak #2 came after Rosalina was revealed in December or January or whenever it was, so there was no need to mention her. Leak #3 contained all of the characters from leak #2 again, without any additions, and two new snipits of information about DLC and Lucas/Ness.

With no more big events coming before the release in a few months, why would he intentionally leave out another character? If there were more, he would have mentioned them in leak #3. He didn't intentionally leave Rosalina out. More than likely, based off of the timing of the leaks, he didn't announce her because she had already been announced.

Though again, I stress that anything is possible.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I hate to say it, but hoping that we'll get more newcomers because he failed to mention Rosalina is wishful thinking.

The only reason he didn't mention Rosalina in Leak #1 is because leak #1 was specifically about E3. Leak #2 came after Rosalina was revealed in December or January or whenever it was, so there was no need to mention her. Leak #3 contained all of the characters from leak #2 again, without any additions, and two new snipits of information about DLC and Lucas/Ness.

With no more big events coming before the release in a few months, why would he intentionally leave out another character? If there were more, he would have mentioned them in leak #3. He didn't intentionally leave Rosalina out. More than likely, based off of the timing of the leaks, he didn't announce her because she had already been announced.

Though again, I stress that anything is possible.
Its a completely ridiculous notion that Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem deserve a third rep over Donkey Kong, which had a WAY better comeback and sold far more than anything else. And there's Kritters in Smash Run, plus no DK stages yet...

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Its a completely ridiculous notion that Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem deserve a third rep over Donkey Kong, which had a WAY better comeback and sold far more than anything else. And there's Kritters in Smash Run, plus no DK stages yet...
To you it is. That has no bearing on whether or not this leak is accurate or not.

No DK stage yet doesn't mean there isn't one. The leak pertains to characters, and all I'm saying is that this is probably it. 47-48 characters. Which, when you think about it, is a ****-ton of characters to choose from.

D

Deleted member

So, according to this leak, there's only 5 more newcomers? I was against the idea of Mii and Pac-man, but the way they made them look, makes me think they're gonna be a lot of fun.
My exact thoughts on these two, but more indifferent towards Pac-man. I'm not sure how they'll pull it off, but if they can work the same magic with Chrom, then maybe, just maybe, he won't be relegated to training mode punching bag.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
To you it is. That has no bearing on whether or not this leak is accurate or not.

No DK stage yet doesn't mean there isn't one. The leak pertains to characters, and all I'm saying is that this is probably it. 47-48 characters. Which, when you think about it, is a ****-ton of characters to choose from.
People always want more, y'know? Here's hoping the character DLC isn't a huge cop out.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully they do dlc like Superbot did with their first dlc pack for Playstation Allstars where the pack was free for the first 2 weeks then you had to pay for it.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
People always want more, y'know? Here's hoping the character DLC isn't a huge cop out.
If this is our roster, I am totally fine with DLC. Heck, I am totally fine with it regardless, because I have the money and will probably pay for it if it is characters/stages/alt costumes. Trophies? Not so much. And if our roster was like, 40 characters, and we were paying for characters like Bowser and Ganondorf and Wario, then I'd be peeved.

This roster, while it doesn't fit fanboys' dreams (sorry Ridley and K. Rool fans), is still a really unique roster. Characters that work in tandem and potentially a 3x tandem? Quite original. Might I remind you that people were confused as hell with Game&Watch from Melee, and in 2014, people would be outraged if he is cut. But hey, that's just my opinion. You'll still buy the game though, which really is what Nintendo wants and needs anyway.

JFM2796

Smash Journeyman
I know a lot of people are ready to throw in the towel as far as newcomers go and believe there are only three left. I can't say I blame them. However, I think there is still a good chance for some newcomers that will be revealed post-release, even disregarding the potential for DLC. Here is why:

1. The leaker always tips Sal off with newcomers that will be revealed at a major event. We received part one before E3 2013, part 2 before the Smash Direct, and part 3 before E3 2014. This would imply that Sal's tipper likely works in marketing or PR, and only receives information about characters that were possibly planned to be revealed at said event. If there are newcomers in the game that are not planned to be revealed pre-release, why would marketing/PR be informed of their existence? Also note that nowhere does the leaker say that this the final newcomer list, and the lack of mention of returning veterans aside from the latest leak would indicate that whatever the leaker's job is at Nintendo is largely focused on newcomers that are being revealed to the general public.
  2. There is a lot of time between now and the release date for Japan. Even assuming we get no more character reveals for the remainder of E3, we are sure to get at least one during the Nintendo Direct in August which, assuming the leak is the all the newcomers, would leave only two newcomers that we were supposed to not know about before the game releases. Disregarding leaks, when Melee came it we didn't know :ganondorfmelee::younglinkmelee::roymelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::drmario::falcomelee::pichumelee: would be in the game. Before Brawl released (again disregarding leaks) we didn't know :rob::toonlink::wolf::lucario: would be in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the larger complaints for Brawl as far as the casual community goes was the lack of secret newcomers before release like Melee had. I don't know why they would repeat that mistake and go for even less.
So I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic. I think we could expect an additional two newcomers.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It's a roster that introduces 7 (8 if you count Miis, and why shouldn't you?) new series. Obscure as they may be, it helps introduce more people to them and also better represent Nintendo.

I'm really happy with it. Thinking about it, the characters I'm not so happy about are Rosalina, Palutena and Chrom, so go figure.

Last edited:

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the larger complaints for Brawl as far as the casual community goes was the lack of secret newcomers before release like Melee had. I don't know why they would repeat that mistake and go for even less.
So I'm trying to remain cautiously optimistic. I think we could expect an additional two newcomers.
I don't know if you're necessarily wrong, but Sakurai, when asked if the SSE was coming back as a game mode, mentioned that it didn't work because the cutscenes you unlock in the game can all be found on the internet really quickly anyway. So there's really no reward in playing through it.

I know he was specifically talking about cutscenes, but if that is how he feels about that, then I'm sure he feels very similarly about characters. Everyone will know all the characters in the game shortly after release anyway (if not before), so having "secret newcomers" is almost a thing of the past. And it seems that, judging the pattern from Melee to Brawl AND Sakurai's comments, that Sakurai acknowledges that.

It's a roster that introduces 7 (8 if you count Miis, and why shouldn't you?) new series. Obscure as they may be, it helps introduce more people to them and also better represent Nintendo.

I'm really happy with it. Thinking about it, the characters I'm not so happy about are Rosalina, Palutena and Chrom, so go figure.
You echo my feelings here. Though Palutena may grow on me, considering she has a plethora of customizable moves (see smashbros.com and her trailer for details)

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Are you an alternate version of me?

Those are the last two characters I need to fully accept and enjoy this game.

Back on topic, has Sal / Gematsu provided any information regarding Mewtwo?

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
I know a lot of people are ready to throw in the towel as far as newcomers go and believe there are only three left. I can't say I blame them. However, I think there is still a good chance for some newcomers that will be revealed post-release, even disregarding the potential for DLC. Here is why:

1. The leaker always tips Sal off with newcomers that will be revealed at a major event. We received part one before E3 2013, part 2 before the Smash Direct, and part 3 before E3 2014. This would imply that Sal's tipper likely works in marketing or PR, and only receives information about characters that were possibly planned to be revealed at said event. If there are newcomers in the game that are not planned to be revealed pre-release, why would marketing/PR be informed of their existence? Also note that nowhere does the leaker say that this the final newcomer list, and the lack of mention of returning veterans aside from the latest leak would indicate that whatever the leaker's job is at Nintendo is largely focused on newcomers that are being revealed to the general public.
  2. There is a lot of time between now and the release date for Japan. Even assuming we get no more character reveals for the remainder of E3, we are sure to get at least one during the Nintendo Direct in August which, assuming the leak is the all the newcomers, would leave only two newcomers that we were supposed to not know about before the game releases. Disregarding leaks, when Melee came it we didn't know :ganondorfmelee::younglinkmelee::roymelee::marthmelee::mewtwomelee::gawmelee::drmario::falcomelee::pichumelee: would be in the game. Before Brawl released (again disregarding leaks) we didn't know :rob::toonlink::wolf::lucario: would be in. Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the larger complaints for Brawl as far as the casual community goes was the lack of secret newcomers before release like Melee had. I don't know why they would repeat that mistake and go for even less.
I totally agree with you, I don't see why they would make that mistake again, but sadly times has changed. Sakurai I don't think cares about surprising people (When I say this I don't mean during E3 and stuff). Like where Sakurai talked about the SSE would not return, because it eventually gets put on the internet so why keep it a secret (I think thats how Sakurai sees it), and if MK8 gave us any clues they don't really care about surprises either. But oh well, I hope your right I want more characters too.

Last edited:

SpeedBoost

Smash Journeyman
Are you an alternate version of me?

Those are the last two characters I need to fully accept and enjoy this game.

Back on topic, has Sal / Gematsu provided any information regarding Mewtwo?
Nope. I don't know if they would though because maybe Mewtwo would be counted as a veteran... I don't know though lol. Cross our fingers though for Mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom