• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I still find it hilarious that the average Miiversian doesn't believe the leak. Maybe they will get it if they know the full story behind it and realize that they left out Rosalina since the next leak happened before the Smash Direct.

With 4 months left until the game's release, I expect one of the remaining newcomers to be revealed (Chrom, Shulk, or Chorus Men) and the others kept as secret unlockable characters. Lastly, the first batch of DLC should at least happen a month after the release of both versions.

Last edited:

Espio264

Smash Ace
Are you an alternate version of me?

Those are the last two characters I need to fully accept and enjoy this game.

Back on topic, has Sal / Gematsu provided any information regarding Mewtwo?
I think we're long lost brothers, cuz Ike is my main too.

Yes, Mewtwo news.
Mewtnews if you will.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
To you it is. That has no bearing on whether or not this leak is accurate or not.

No DK stage yet doesn't mean there isn't one. The leak pertains to characters, and all I'm saying is that this is probably it. 47-48 characters. Which, when you think about it, is a ****-ton of characters to choose from.
It had nothing to do with the leak being accurate, just with the leak being all we've got.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Nothing has been ever said about Mewtwo by Sal's leakers. Lots of people are jumping to the conclusion that he is a shoe-in though, based off the 48 character Rosalina leak (Sal leak - 4 vet cuts + 1 extra spot) and based off of high fan request and Sakurai's acknowledgement of Project M and based off of the semantics of newcomer vs veteran.

I just can't get my hopes up about Mewtwo though, because I have a feeling that lots of people are going to be bummed here.

It had nothing to do with the leak being accurate, just with the leak being all we've got.
You replied to my comment with that, so I assumed you were claiming that it's likely that a DK character will still come. Sorry if I misunderstood.

Last edited:

Stalking Fury

Smash Apprentice
Can someone please find the previous leak that detailed Palutena's reveal? I know of at least two people that remember it but cannot find it. I already looked through the first page of the old leak thread.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Its a completely ridiculous notion that Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem deserve a third rep over Donkey Kong, which had a WAY better comeback and sold far more than anything else. And there's Kritters in Smash Run, plus no DK stages yet...
If you think about it, it makes sense. DK franchise is absolutely fine with just DK and Diddy since they're pretty much the only prominent characters for the series as a whole. No one else actually compares to them in the series. For Fire Emblem's case, each game is independent, and the reps we're getting make sense. Marth is the closest thing to a mascot, Ike has TWO games and is a "western" lord and Chrom is the main character to the best selling game that saved the franchise. You could make it even by cutting Ike, but that's silly.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
@ UltimateWario UltimateWario

He's just trying to rationalize the thinking of DK having only 2 characters and Fire Emblem having 3. Why does it make you laugh?

Last edited:

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Its a completely ridiculous notion that Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem deserve a third rep over Donkey Kong, which had a WAY better comeback and sold far more than anything else. And there's Kritters in Smash Run, plus no DK stages yet...
This is completely and factually incorrect when comparing DK's latest game to Fire Emblem's or Kid Icarus'.
DK Tropical Freeze: 0.57 million copies worldwide.
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/73169/donkey-kong-country-tropical-freeze/
Fire Emblem Awakening: 1.29 million copies worldwide.
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/70704/fire-emblem-awakening/
Kid Icarus Uprising: 1.13 million copies worldwide.
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45683/kid-icarus-uprising/

Take it with a grain of salt. One of these is on one of the worst selling consoles in history.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
This is completely and factually incorrect when comparing DK's latest game to Fire Emblem's or Kid Icarus'.

Take it with a grain of salt. One of these is on one of the worst selling consoles in history.
Uh, word of advice, vgchartz is very unreliable. I wouldn't use it as a cite, as it's notorious for posting the wrong sales numbers.
Because...it's funny...?
Heh.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Tropical Freeze just released. Oh, and:

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/45674/donkey-kong-country-returns/

I wasn't referring to DK's "latest" game, I was referring it to DK's comeback game. 6.16m is incredibly when compared to Awakening and Uprising. Then top it off with the fact that those two games have been out for a couple years already, when Tropical Freeze came out earlier this year. Yeah, Returns has been out a bit longer, but it has 6 times the sales. Tropical Freeze wouldn't have been an issue when deciding the Smash Roster anyway.

Last edited:

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Uh, word of advice, vgchartz is very unreliable. I wouldn't use it as a cite, as it's notorious for posting the wrong sales numbers.
Well aware, but their margin of error is very rarely big enough to produce a result that didn't show both FE:A and KI:U sold significantly better than DK:TF individually. If it wasn't as large I would've given it the benefit of the doubt.

I wasn't referring to DK's "latest" game, I was referring it to DK's comeback game. 6.16m is incredibly when compared to Awakening and Uprising. Then top it off with the fact that those two games have been out for a couple years already, when Tropical Freeze came out earlier this year. Yeah, Returns has been out a bit longer, but it has 6 times the sales. Tropical Freeze wouldn't have been an issue when deciding the Smash Roster anyway.
"Just released." Almost four whole months ago, an entire business quarter.

And DK:CR was released on a console far more successful than the 3ds and WiiU combined. Them casual dollas are worth a bunch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yep, that's the Sneaky Spirit alright. Nice to see the Chorus Men will probably have a hand drawn look to them.
If Chorus Men look hand drawn, I'll be even more fond of them then I am now. Right now my liking for them comes from everyone else's hate.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Well aware, but their margin of error is very rarely big enough to produce a result that didn't show both FE:A and KI:U sold significantly better than DK:TF individually. If it wasn't as large I would've given it the benefit of the doubt.
Fair enough and I get where you're coming from. Though I don't think we even had official numbers for Tropical Freeze.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
My exact thoughts on these two, but more indifferent towards Pac-man. I'm not sure how they'll pull it off, but if they can work the same magic with Chrom, then maybe, just maybe, he won't be relegated to training mode punching bag.
Yeah, I want to love Chrom in this game as well, even if three blue haired sword users from the same franchise is redundant.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Whatever. If we do somehow end up getting Mewtwo, I got 3/4, so I can't complain too much. Lucas being cut is still idiotic though.
Frankly, I still think Mewtwo could replace Jigglypuff. If Ganondorf gets an overhaul I'll be happy. He NEEDS an overhaul. If he doesn't get one... that's just a huge slap in the face considering all the love put into these newcomers.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Frankly, I still think Mewtwo could replace Jigglypuff. If Ganondorf gets an overhaul I'll be happy. He NEEDS an overhaul. If he doesn't get one... that's just a huge slap in the face considering all the love put into these newcomers.
Well if there was some debate over keeping Ness or Lucas, the 'original twelve' aren't as concrete as people say they are. I still have very low hopes for Mewtwo though.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I want to love Chrom in this game as well, even if three blue haired sword users from the same franchise is redundant.
It's not like they can't all play differently. Just look at Marth and Ike, a quick, fast-attacking lightning bruiser, and a hard hitting mighty glacier, respectively.

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Didn't the last e-mail Sal got confirm character DLC? This could tie in with future Amiibo figuring releases...

CosmicKirby

Smash Apprentice
Didn't the last e-mail Sal got confirm character DLC? This could tie in with future Amiibo figuring releases...
I don't think they would stoop to releasing character DLC through the amiibo figures. It'd make more sense to release them digitally. Seeing as, everyone that wants to download a digital content item, can do so at their leisure.
A certain amiibo figure would be either scarce by nature, or abundant because it didn't sell/was overstocked etc. Neither would entice people to buy them directly from a retailer that made Nintendo money. I can imagine they'll do something with them more than what we've already been shown though.

(Plus, imagine how selling a $15 miniature figure would fly with retailers. Whereas that's expensive but not out of the question in the online market.)

Last edited:

Ryuuma

Smash Apprentice
"Just released." Almost four whole months ago, an entire business quarter.

And DK:CR was released on a console far more successful than the 3ds and WiiU combined. Them casual dollas are worth a bunch.
DK:CR was Also Release at 3DS http://www.vgchartz.com/game/72201/donkey-kong-country-returns/

Even being released on 3DS almost six months after the Wii released (more than a entire business quarter), its Solds enough to Surprass Uprising and Awakening. And the DK franchise have 13 titles that Sold more than DK:CR for 3DS. how Many FE sold more than Awakening?

About DK:CR advantage for being a Wii tittle. FE have a tittle for Wii too, that Solds less than a half million copies.

So, what is your point?

Last edited:

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys! It's me, still-skeptical-about-romano-leak-dude!

Romano said that the reveals should be here by the end of E3, yet today had a lot of opportunities for reveal and yet we didn't see shnitz, even in the Q&A when the FE creator was there.

I'm wondering, are you guys still going to be as convinced if they aren't revealed tomorrow?

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they would stoop to releasing character DLC through the amiibo figures. It'd make more sense to release them digitally. Seeing as, everyone that wants to download a digital content item, can do so at their leisure.
A certain amiibo figure would be either scarce by nature, or abundant because it didn't sell/was overstocked etc. Neither would entice people to buy them directly from a retailer that made Nintendo money. I can imagine they'll do something with them more than what we've already been shown though.

(Plus, imagine how selling a $15 miniature figure would fly with retailers. Whereas that's expensive but not out of the question in the online market.)
What I meant was you would purchase the character DLC digitally, then you would have the option to purchase the Amiibo figure if you wanted to use the character as a Figure Player.

Shroob

Sup?
Hey guys! It's me, still-skeptical-about-romano-leak-dude!

Romano said that the reveals should be here by the end of E3, yet today had a lot of opportunities for reveal and yet we didn't see shnitz, even in the Q&A when the FE creator was there.

I'm wondering, are you guys still going to be as convinced if they aren't revealed tomorrow?
Yes, because even Sal himself said he wasn't sure if the leaker meant that they'd be at E3 or in the game in general.

....also, Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Stop with the Donkey Kong vs. FE/KI discussion or go to the Character Discussion thread please.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So I'd say Gematsu is 110% confirmed.

And I'm okay with that.

As long as we get another Rosalina along the way.

And Mewtwo of course.

MM3K

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MM3000
3DS FC
3308-4705-1012
It's not like they can't all play differently. Just look at Marth and Ike, a quick, fast-attacking lightning bruiser, and a hard hitting mighty glacier, respectively.
Of course I know they're different, I main Fire Emblem in P:M! I was talking about the way they look to the unsuspecting smash enthusiast, y'know, just a bunch of blue haired amine characters:b

Now, I don't know a whole lot about Chrom, but, I think if the Smash devs can make the Miis look pretty hype, I think they would do a heck of a good job with him.

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
Yes, because even Sal himself said he wasn't sure if the leaker meant that they'd be at E3 or in the game in general.

....also, Rhythm Heaven enemy in Smash Run.
Can I get a link for the 3rd leak? I've been looking all over the internet and whenever someone asks for it all they get is a resume of what Sal supposedly said.(yes, by the way, I've looked at the other pages and there never seems to be a direct link to it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom