• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
On the one hand, twelve is plenty of newcomers (even if I don't agree with excluding Ridley or a DK newcomer at all, we could have seen less) and there is the fact that Sakurai is emphasizing more on veterans this time around. At the very least, we're not going to see as many newcomers as we did with Brawl.

There is some hope, though.
1. Rosalina was not leaked by Sal, bringing up the possibility there may be more that Sal's tipper may not know.
2. We've yet to see anyone that would fall under low priority newcomers/planned newcomers that may not make it (barring maybe Chorus Men). If the past Smash games are any indication, they are not an anomalous occurrence.
3. Brawl's roster was able to be put together thanks to leaks from PortraitofRuins (I think), NyaseNye, and ChaosZero. Right now, however, we only have Sal Romano that is leaking anything in regards to characters. Since he's only able to leak newcomers and didn't even leak all of them (as Rosalina indicated), it may be there are additional newcomers who Sal's tipper isn't able to leak.

At this point, I'm 50/50 on the second list of newcomers being it. I'm hoping we get more, but I'm not really expecting it. But we'll see.I think it's pretty obvious Animal Crossing Guy refers to Villager. We're almost certainly looked at planned characters here; which explains why we see Pokemon from X & Y instead of Greninja.
Yeah but we need more good characters to make up for the epic fails of Chorus Men, Pacman and Mii if this is true.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Yeah but we need more good characters to make up for the epic fails of Chorus Men, Pacman and Mii if this is true.
All characters are "good" some way; their inclusions and not who are they...
It's all a thing of perspective... I, as example, don't think that any of those characters are "epic fail"; .. I would think if we could recieve another Pokémon or Mario character (besides Rosalina and Greninja) the roster would be less homogenous (but wouldn't be so bad if each are pretty unique as the other two already mentioned)...

I'm not going OFFtpc and receving a warning, but, you know, once again, I defend a more mixed roster with some different ideas (as the Chorus Men and the Miis) than a roster with ONLY fanservice. What would be of the Smash Bros. series without R.O.B.? I'm serious.

PS: if it's not clear, I believe in the leak, like the idea a lot, I'm total in favor of all those inclusions (which, includes fanservice as Palutena), and I would be very disappointed if it went not be true... because the possibilities are great.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So, I wanted to ask: why people want this "leak" to be true so much? All of the unnanouced chars it lists, are chars that we KNOW will be playable, the only excepyion would be Chorus Men but no one would miss him

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
So, I wanted to ask: why people want this "leak" to be true so much? All of the unnanouced chars it lists, are chars that we KNOW will be playable, the only excepyion would be Chorus Men but no one would miss him
I know I said i'd stop posting here, but one word. Evidence.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would miss them. :(

Honestly not all of the characters are that obvious. Many think that Shulk could fall into an Isaac situation (assist trophy), or that Chrom is too dull and Robin could get in over him.

Not everyone on this roster is a shoo-in.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Speak for yourself.

I just want Rhythm Heaven to get the recognition it deserves, and I always told myself that I wanted a character before the game was even revealed, but chances were slim. Here I am.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'm sure I would miss them. I'm not even a supporter of the characters, in fact.. I'm not a Rhythm Heaven fan (or player), but the possibility and their potential for Smash is fantastic.

D

Deleted member

Uh, most people don't want this leak to be true. How else do you explain the many people who are doing everything they can to "take down" this leak, despite ignoring the amount of strong evidence going for the leak? I don't defend this leak because I like it, I defend it because I find the leak to be valid and respect Sal Romano for taking the risk of leaking these characters to us.

Also, while I don't care for any of these characters, I will say that out of all of the leaked characters not confirmed, only Chorus Men holds any of my interest. I'd much rather have someone from a music game genre to bring in something that no other characters would have than someone who can potentially turn into a Marth/Ike 2.0.

and before anyone ask, I was presenting a hypothetical scenario here where I pick between Chrous Men and Chrom.

Last edited by a moderator:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
All characters are "good" some way; their inclusions and not who are they...
It's all a thing of perspective... I, as example, don't think that any of those characters are "epic fail"; .. I would think if we could recieve another Pokémon or Mario character (besides Rosalina and Greninja) the roster would be less homogenous (but wouldn't be so bad if each are pretty unique as the other two already mentioned)...

I'm not going OFFtpc and receving a warning, but, you know, once again, I defend a more mixed roster with some different ideas (as the Chorus Men and the Miis) than a roster with ONLY fanservice. What would be of the Smash Bros. series without R.O.B.? I'm serious.

PS: if it's not clear, I believe in the leak, like the idea a lot, I'm total in favor of all those inclusions (which, includes fanservice as Palutena), and I would be very disappointed if it went not be true... because the possibilities are great.
This. Do you guys really want a saturated roster? If you want more Mario characters, play Mario Party or Kart (but not 8, that roster....). You want more Pokemon? X and Y are out. The fact that Sakurai is keeping the roster interesting is a good thing. I don't particularly like the idea of Pacman and Miis, but i do see their merit and why they should be in. The Chorus Men are no different.

Last edited:

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Having 85% of the new roster be humanoids isn't what I would consider to be "keeping things interesting."
Especially ones like Chrom and Shulk and Palutena who would likely not introduce new gamplay methods as varied as day Rosalina or Little Mac.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Having 85% of the new roster be humanoids isn't what I would consider to be "keeping things interesting."
Especially ones like Chrom and Shulk and Palutena who would likely not introduce new gamplay methods as varied as day Rosalina or Little Mac.
Palutena is a battle mage and Shulk has a lot of directionality and buff mechanics that could be implemented in interesting ways- also "Rosalina will be a Peach clone" and "all Little Mac can do is Punch."

HipsandChips

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5172-0569-0749
Directionality?
Why didn't you say so?
Smash fans have waited years for a character that can move in different directions!

To each their own.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Directionality?
Why didn't you say so?
Smash fans have waited years for a character that can move in different directions!

To each their own.
You still didn't respond to the fact that people argued against the inclusion of Rosalina and Little Mac as they were thought of as characters that would add little as far as gameplay went. I remember more then one poster here going off on that fact that Little Mac, at best, would be Marth with a sword.

You may lack the vision to see what these characters could add to Smash, but you are also not the one designing this game.

Last edited:

ToiseOfChoice

Smash Ace
Uh, most people don't want this leak to be true. How else do you explain the many people who are doing everything they can to "take down" this leak, despite ignoring the amount of strong evidence going for the leak?
Seems like most of the discussion on the subject come from people who either A) hate the leak and believe it or B) like the leak and doubt it. I'm a B man, myselfs.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
But the leak has Pac-Man and Chorus Men on it too, so it's not all bad. ;p

Needless to say though, just because characters are humanoids doesn't mean they're not going to be different or unique. Rosalina turned out super awesome and unique, and I'm sure Palutena would as well, with the staff she has. I don't know much about Shulk, but I'm certain they could give him an interesting moveset. Heck, even with Chrom, who I think is too similar to Marth, I have faith Sakurai will make him a standout character on his own.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
But the leak has Pac-Man and Chorus Men on it too, so it's not all bad. ;p
Ah yes, because Pacman and the Choir Kids are characters that would totally qualify as a silver lining for K. Rool and Ridley fans.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ah yes, because Pacman and the Choir Kids are characters that would totally qualify as a silver lining for K. Rool and Ridley fans.
I believe that was in response to the mostly humanoid comments. Although they are actually humanoid. Come to think of it, all Smash characters are "humanoid," except Ivysaur and Pikachu. (Maybe ROB, but it could be argued.)

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Hey, the Pacster's awesome! Leave him alone.

Correction: most wouldn't miss them. They still have their fans, you know. You have to be careful with your generalizations.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
I believe that was in response to the mostly humanoid comments. Although they are actually humanoid. Come to think of it, all Smash characters are "humanoid," except Ivysaur and Pikachu. (Maybe ROB, but it could be argued.)
There's a difference between humanoid and bipedal.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
There's a difference between humanoid and bipedal.
Humanoid - noun: a being having human characteristics or form.

Does a character have grasping arms, opposable thumbs, two legs, an upright posture, and a facial structure that we would associate with a human being?

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I don't like the leak much, nor do I particularly believe it.

I definitely don't want Mii or Pacman.

To be perfectly honest, just because WFT wasn't a hugely popular choice doesn't mean that it wasn't one someone had thought of. I kinda feel like dude's made a few really lucky guesses. I'll believe it when we get Chorus Men. Mii, Pacman, Palutena wouldn't validate the leak for me since they're pretty common choices

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
Someone hasn't played Xenoblade...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
as a K.Rool and Ridley supporter, I say: yes, it should. The game having more diversity is best thing that can happen, won't matter at what cost. And people will like, eventually, those characters, even if they aren't fans,... We saw this through the years in Smash franchise... "Who's is Lucas? Roy?.. WTH! R.O.B.?"... nowadays, all of them with their respective players or "mini-fanbase" waiting for the confirmation of their favorite characters.

I know it's fun all the speculation, the hoping, and the cheering for character "x" being revealed in the game (I know, I got very happy with Mac), but we don't need to be so selfish in this aspect; a good roster is a roster with a good variety and characters with different gameplays.. and is not good just why there is your favorite character.

and there's always next Smash; ... I guarantee that the game won't be any worse just by the lack of those "fan favorites" (I mean, with the support threads with so much people signed); and I think that's already a huge appeal of fanservice in Smash4; more would be fantastic, but just a bonus at this point.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Seems like most of the discussion on the subject come from people who either A) hate the leak and believe it or B) like the leak and doubt it. I'm a B man, myselfs.
There's a ton of people who are in the A category, that I'll agree with. However, I've seen very few people say they like the leak yet doubt it at the same time (AKA, the B category). I've also seen a lot of people say they hate the leak and are actively trying to disprove it, which is the C category. Quite a few people fall under wanting and believing the leak, which I'd call the D category.

I'd fall under more of the A category. I don't necessarily hate it, but outside of Mega Man and maybe Rosalina (and even then, not within the context of this game) I don't (or didn't before their confirmation) care for the characters at all (outside of perhaps a game play perspective) and I'd actually be quite happy if Chrom got disconfirmed and killed this leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I'd like the leak be confirmed.. but if it be debunked somehow (which I find unlikely, 'cause, except the Chorus Kids, all the characters missing to be revealed are pretty likely to be in the roster, even without any leak) I'd cheer for something in the same level... I mean, give me characters from an obscure game, Stunt Race FX, maybe,.. or even something to occupy the Chorus Kid spot, as Tempo from HarmoKnight.

Honestly, if Sakurai hear all the requests, Smash would be like Dead or Alive, in a bad way. :awesome:

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Are the Chorus Men going to be the end of the world? I mean, they're not super desirable, but I'm sure he/they would be interesting.

But in no way should they get in over K. Rool or Ridley.

Morbi

Scavenger
Are the Chorus Men going to be the end of the world? I mean, they're not super desirable, but I'm sure he/they would be interesting.

But in no way should they get in over K. Rool or Ridley.
The Chorus Men are one of the positive aspects of this leak to be honest. I don't necessarily believe that the one "WTF" character should take away from the leaks credibility.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
The Chorus Men are one of the positive aspects of this leak to be honest. I don't necessarily believe that the one "WTF" character should take away from the leaks credibility.
I agree. Rhythm Heaven could use a rep.

I'm not really a fan of Shulk though.... *Prepares for Flame Storm*

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't see how K. Rool would have a particularly unique moveset, and while I love Ridley, his moveset likely wouldn't be all too original either. The Chorus Kids (especially if there are three of them) are probably totally unique, so if it is true, that's quite nice. Plus, its probably better in the end to have new series represented than going back to old ones just to fill out "quotas" on stuff like bad guys..or females...

Oh yeah, and in regards to Pac-Man, while I'm not really a fan of the idea, outside of him not being a Nintendo character, there's not really any other video game character not in Smash already that would have more historical relevance. The only newcomer or potential newcomer with anything arguably close to his importance is Mega Man, and that's only due to his association with Nintendo...and even there Pac-Man has had more crossovers and collaborations.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ike is back

Chrom wont show up

Leak is dead

/s
I'm sorry. But where did we get the idea that 3 FE characters is possible? It was planned that way for Brawl, you know.

Sounds like some severe jumping of the gun. You know what might kill the leak? An actual character from it disconfirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom