• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Thread For the Sal Romano/Gematsu Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noiblade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
47keyblader
But in all seriousness, keep an eye out on Gematsu because the site updates when a character is confirmed, sal might have something to say.

That's a horrific reason to disbelieve any leak. Nothing was ever said that we wouldn't get Ike back if Chrom is in.
I was being sarcastic.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
But in all seriousness, keep an eye out on Gematsu because the site updates when a character is confirmed, sal might have something to say.
If Sal says something like 'Yeah, my leaker told me about this.' I swear I'm going to make it my sole purpose to discredit that man.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Somehow I doubt that based on what we've been given and his story

Also daily reminder that we'd all be roasting Sal's tipper and not Sal.
Eh. At this point, Sal Romano and his tipper are one in the same. They've invested heavily in each other, so if that ship sinks they both go down with it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Eh. At this point, Sal Romano and his tipper are one in the same. They've invested heavily in each other, so if that ship sinks they both go down with it.
Uh, really now? If they were friends or something, sure, but Sal's having trouble just talking to the guy. Sal never "invested himself" that hard if you look at his posts on SmashBoards.

Now I'd this were somehow false, it's hard to put a guy who's been kind the entire time and just gave it out as a rumor (not fact) in the first place.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
Uh, really now? If they were friends or something, sure, but Sal's having trouble just talking to the guy. Sal never "invested himself" that hard if you look at his posts on SmashBoards.

Now I'd this were somehow false, it's hard to put a guy who's been kind the entire time and just gave it out as a rumor (not fact) in the first place.
You do have a point there, and in hindsight, if anyone's going down with the ship it's Sal all by his lonesome, 'cause we have no idea who the leaker is 'cause, funny thing that, we don't have any proof there is one besides a single guy insisting we trust them. I still consider it an investment in more ways than one, because you're still posting rumors and follow-ups on your for-profit website from a guy you purport to exist without any actual proof.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
I want a 3rd fire emblem rep and i hope its a magic user or someone that does not have blue hair and does not use a sword.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
There's no reason why there can't be three Fire Emblem reps.
No no no but the pattern! There's always been two Fire Emblem reps!
Forget about Marth being the constant while the other rep gets axed, that pattern was false. But this one is totally real!

oGr33n

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3050-7615-9118
I feel like 90% of the time, someone doesn't like the idea of a character if they haven't played its game. Those that do support are the ones who have.
Everything here is mostly biased...
I am not as excited about Chrom or Shulk, probably because I never fully played their games. To me, they have no sentimental value. If I did, it'll probably be different.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
I feel like 90% of the time, someone doesn't like the idea of a character if they haven't played its game. Those that do support are the ones who have.
I am not as excited about Chrom or Shulk, probably because I never fully played their games. To me, they have no sentimental value. If I did, it'll probably be different.
I've played Rhythm Heaven on DS and enjoyed it, and I still think Chorus Men are a dumb idea and a great example of crappy priorities on Sakurai's part, right up there with Wii Fit Trainer. I've played Fire Emblem Awakening, loved it, and I'm rooting for everyone BUT Chrom. I've never touched Xenoblade (and likely never will), and I think Shulk has potential, but still don't want to see him. I've played Kid Icarus: Uprising, I love Palutena as a character, but would rather see Hades instead and hear Palutena in pre/mid/post match witty exchanges with Doc Louis as an announcer.

Gosh, who else am I missing regarding the leaks? Oh, right, Pac-Man. Don't want to see him in the game at all. I love the character, can't deny he's a widely recognized cultural icon, but I'm in the camp that I don't think Bamco should get a playable rep regardless of their assistance on the game. Having said THAT, I think a Bamco representative of some kind is an inevitability, and everyone's justified in thinking it's going to be Pac-Man. I think the idea of Mii's, especially how they're cleverly integrated into games, is great, but I don't think I want to see them playable now that their entire gimmick has essentially been shunted over to every character in Smash 4 (by that I mean, customizable movesets).

I think that's everything. Not everyone hates the characters just 'cause they don't know about 'em, and a lot of people can know and love the characters and still not want to see them in. Of course, that's just all my opinion and my desires, and I'm hardly indicative of everybody.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Obviously this is a hasty generalization fallacy; but I have never played Rhythm Heaven. It is of my opinion that the Chorus Men are the best part of this leak.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
I've played Rhythm Heaven on DS and enjoyed it, and I still think Chorus Men are a dumb idea and a great example of crappy priorities on Sakurai's part, right up there with Wii Fit Trainer. I've played Fire Emblem Awakening, loved it, and I'm rooting for everyone BUT Chrom. I've never touched Xenoblade (and likely never will), and I think Shulk has potential, but still don't want to see him. I've played Kid Icarus: Uprising, I love Palutena as a character, but would rather see Hades instead and hear Palutena in pre/mid/post match witty exchanges with Doc Louis as an announcer.

Gosh, who else am I missing regarding the leaks? Oh, right, Pac-Man. Don't want to see him in the game at all. I love the character, can't deny he's a widely recognized cultural icon, but I'm in the camp that I don't think Bamco should get a playable rep regardless of their assistance on the game. Having said THAT, I think a Bamco representative of some kind is an inevitability, and everyone's justified in thinking it's going to be Pac-Man. I think the idea of Mii's, especially how they're cleverly integrated into games, is great, but I don't think I want to see them playable now that their entire gimmick has essentially been shunted over to every character in Smash 4 (by that I mean, customizable movesets).

I think that's everything. Not everyone hates the characters just 'cause they don't know about 'em, and a lot of people can know and love the characters and still not want to see them in. Of course, that's just all my opinion and my desires, and I'm hardly indicative of everybody.
I know is not part of the thread but why will you never play Xenoblade is it because is a RPG? or other reason?

.n_n.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
just gonna throw it out there that the leak did not say ike was cut so its still alive regardless on your opinion on the right amount of blue hair swordsmen

Second Power

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0774-5502-4430
I was being sarcastic.
I suggest using a :troll: to clarify you're joking next time because there are people stupid enough to suggest such a thing. Just a friendly suggestion.

So, no news on this leak? I feel like we've not just beaten a horse to death, but thrown what was left in a large blender. All we can do is twiddle our thumbs waiting for E3.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
No real desire to play it. I also don't own a Wii, so that kinda complicates things.
do you have a wii u
You do have a point there, and in hindsight, if anyone's going down with the ship it's Sal all by his lonesome, 'cause we have no idea who the leaker is 'cause, funny thing that, we don't have any proof there is one besides a single guy insisting we trust them. I still consider it an investment in more ways than one, because you're still posting rumors and follow-ups on your for-profit website from a guy you purport to exist without any actual proof.
while there's a slight possibility of that, somehow I doubt that. it seems more likely that he got the info himself and just said it was someone else rather than him flat-out lying.

I'm sure he'll throw said person under the bus (Or at least prove there was another) once the game comes out if the leak is somehow wrong.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Since Ike (and likely Lucas) are coming back, this probably leaves less room for newcomers & would mean the Gematsu leaked newcomers are ALL of the newcomers.

Probably.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Since Ike (and likely Lucas) are coming back, this probably leaves less room for newcomers & would mean the Gematsu leaked newcomers are ALL of the newcomers.
Wouldn't count on that just yet. We could get more, time will tell

Layupfreak

Smash Ace
Shulk is an assist trophy this time around.
^^Posted it in this manner for discussion and "how do you knows"!!?"

Last edited:

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
do you have a wii u
Not yet. Was waiting to see if there was gonna be a Smash bundle.

while there's a slight possibility of that, somehow I doubt that. it seems more likely that he got the info himself and just said it was someone else rather than him flat-out lying.

I'm sure he'll throw said person under the bus (Or at least prove there was another) once the game comes out if the leak is somehow wrong.
I don't honestly care one way or the other if the leak is true or not. I'd PREFER it to not be true, but I think most people are so firmly in Sal's corner at this point that even if it's disproven people are going to make excuses anyway.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Not yet. Was waiting to see if there was gonna be a Smash bundle.

I don't honestly care one way or the other if the leak is true or not. I'd PREFER it to not be true, but I think most people are so firmly in Sal's corner at this point that even if it's disproven people are going to make excuses anyway.
There probably will be, but yeah, wait until at least E3 I guess. Personally I Didn't bother fora bundle since they never offer any amazing deals, but it'll suck if a Smash Wii U has a nice decal. Oh well.

and yeah people will probably defend him left and right; frankly I'd just be asking for answers

PlTe

Smash Journeyman
No no no but the pattern! There's always been two Fire Emblem reps!
Forget about Marth being the constant while the other rep gets axed, that pattern was false. But this one is totally real!
Who cares? There was a pattern of only one Mother character until Brawl.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
If you were a game developer would you really put things in the game based on what your fans perceive as "patterns"?

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
What drives me crazy about 'leaks' is the ones who believe in them never admit the leaks are wrong when they clearly are.

They always fall back on "Well the leak wasn't exactly wrong at the time the devs just went in a different direction!" by that logic I can make up some complete BS then when it is proven wrong I can just claim the devs were going to do that but went in a different direction!

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
What drives me crazy about 'leaks' is the ones who believe in them never admit the leaks are wrong when they clearly are.

They always fall back on "Well the leak wasn't exactly wrong at the time the devs just went in a different direction!" by that logic I can make up some complete BS then when it is proven wrong I can just claim the devs were going to do that but went in a different direction!
I honestly feel as though that excuse is legitimate in this specific instance, and I don't necessarily believe the leak.

slicesabre

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2621-2933-2738
I honestly feel as though that excuse is legitimate in this specific instance, and I don't necessarily believe the leak.
But see that's the problem if that's the postion you take when it comes to leaks "Oh the devs went in a different directions!" Then you can never debunk a leak and any old BS people make up automatically becomes right unless Sakurai himself comes out and says that's BS and even then the believer will say "Psh Do you think Sakurai would admit to putting something so dumb in the game? lollolool"

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
But see that's the problem if that's the postion you take when it comes to leaks "Oh the devs went in a different directions!" Then you can never debunk a leak and any old BS people make up automatically becomes right unless Sakurai himself comes out and says that's BS and even then the believer will say "Psh Do you think Sakurai would admit to putting something so dumb in the game? lollolool"
I agree that it is an inherent problem; but it seems reasonable that e3 plans would change prior to e3. I don't believe that those are set in stone. It wasn't as though one of the characters on the list was incorrect. We still got a majority of the characters; the time and place were wrong Little Mac (and allegedly wrong for Mii and Pac-Man). But something more objective or substantial is required to completely and utterly confirm the leak as false.

ChunkyBeef

Smash Lord
NNID
Beeferin
3DS FC
2363-5923-1853
While it's easy to look at it that way, and this all seems important now, once the game drops, what's it going to matter if the leak was wrong or right? No-one really cares about the old Brawl/Melee leaks anymore. I doubt Sal Romano's leak will be considered again until three or four years from now when we get a Smash 5 announcement and people start validating every new leak that pops up by referring back to this one.

I think it might be time to step back for a while, y'know? I think we're takin' this too seriously.

Morbi

Scavenger
While it's easy to look at it that way, and this all seems important now, once the game drops, what's it going to matter if the leak was wrong or right? No-one really cares about the old Brawl/Melee leaks anymore. I doubt Sal Romano's leak will be considered again until three or four years from now when we get a Smash 5 announcement and people start validating every new leak that pops up by referring back to this one.

I think it might be time to step back for a while, y'know? I think we're takin' this too seriously.
It is all for the sake of entertainment; what purpose does a leak serve if not to incite discussion? Although, the arguments are getting a little redundant. E3 will give us a lot in regards to this leak; prove it further, confirm another portion of it to be false? Who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom