• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
the game everyone plays

I only played it because every melee player I know talks about it all the time. but now I love it. it's from the makers of DotA for WoW if you've ever played it (I hadn't)
My personal problem with the game is that I simply do not have the attention span to play it. I gotta play games where the matches are done in <10 minutes otherwise I'm going to be bored out of my mind. The fact that matches take like 45 minutes is a serious turn off to me. But it is well put together. If you don't mind the pace, the length, and the gametype, you'll enjoy it. =3

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
LOL indeed. That's another thing Etwist, there's so much to learn. ALL of those champions, matchups, team combinations, ideal items, metagame strats, I mean the list goes on and on and on...my head spins just thinking about it.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
It's really not that hard to me but I'm good at knowing everything about a particular game (see : Dynasty and Samurai Warriors series)

as for length? The game continues to progress up until everyone gets max leveled, and then the items/builds they are trying to finish. But it's always interesting, I've only had a few games where I was like "god I want this to end", mostly because having a complete stalemate is rare as ****. One of your lanes is going to be pushed, or will push. A turret will fall. Etc.

I only get bored when I play multiple games in a row with any champion unless it's Shen cause I <3 Shen.

Not trying to force the game down on you, sorry. Everyone I know is playing basically and that's the real joy of it is playing with my friends, which I can't do with most of the other games I like.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Classic Blue looks so ****ty compared to the other themes. Previous with Bowser beasting that logo was legit. But now this is the only one that is not Brawl themed. The hell.

I am willing to accept this fate.
Now to procrastinate some more.

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
I have problems with games where I,

A.) Need to be practically super human to play.
B.) When I can take the next 20 seconds of the match off because I got hit by a combo
C.) Can be doing amazing one second then lose the match and have no clue what happened or why I lost.

Say what you will about Street Fighter, but I find the level of thought that goes into each move much more complex then the "**** it, go in" mentality of Marvel.

Fun game and cool combo system, but I refuse to play it in a competitive setting.

This is my personal opinion and I do feel confident I could hold my own against the majority of people who post here, but I just do not think the game is all that great. Right now it is just the new hot thing.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I agree. Competitively it's definitely not for me. I wish I was mentally faster but I'm really not. Of course I dislike SF4 more but that's for different reasons.

I feel like I'm getting too old for competitive games. All I ever wanna do is just play casual stuff and board games. I need to head to the Melee retirement home...

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
I like MVC2 and have a lot of respect for that game. I can't play it worth a damn but I love watching it.

I am just waiting for AE to drop and I am crossing my fingers that the interpretation of the leaked trailer is correct and you can choose either AE or SSF4 versions of your character. Who needs an easier input for an ultra I will never use when I can have a standing jab that *****.

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Well if they completely rebalanced the game without letting people go back to old SSF4 versions of their characters then Viper will be godlike. Still probably have trouble against the twins and Fei Long but then again who wont in AE.

I see some crazy things coming from Marvel but I already know that the technical proficiency needed to play that game at the top level I don't have. I see a lot of the streams and honestly, Marvel is super fun to watch but I could only imagine it being extremely frustrating to play.

Also, **** Ammy.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
It's actually not as hard as it looks. I've always said in Marvel 3 that memorising the combo is harder than actually doing it, that's how leanent it is. There are some exceptions ( like Magneto and Viper) but it's like that for the most part.

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
I prefer 'quite', like nothing in here is taken to absolutes or done in extremes. Quiet appropirate really

Top Bottom