• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Lol, never

Yay still lives in SC btw

he just spends half of his time to more in durham

moved out of NC because of school, not because of hatred

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
snap, get your *** to columbia sometime; i need to play some peach dittos!

edit: I'm tired about everyone always complaining about the SC scene and how it sucks. If yall really cared as much as you say you do; CHANGE SOMETHING.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Alex, sorry, but you weren't here for the five ****ing years I TRIED to change it. I tried so hard, SO ****ING HARD, spent SO MUCH MONEY to get unmotivated players everywhere so we could actually be something. But nowadays there's no point. Melee's "dying" never really hit me until recently when I finally just couldn't play another game of it. Even though part of me wants to. With job + school on me and gas money being LOL, I can't very well go to Columbia. I haven't even left Charleston since I went to G6 last time.

Charlie is leaving, sorry, gone as of now, Dill moved to Augusta, Kidd/Holymarth doesn't stick around ever, Mott and Yay kind of do their own thing. Eric can't leave his place. There is nothing to change about this, I'm sorry to say. There is still some activity around Columbia but that's all. Hell even "Red Marth" doesn't care about Melee anymore... it's sad.

sorry to sound conceited but seriously me and Yay carried this state for years (me moreso early, him way more recent years) and I just hate having to explain it to people that weren't around, but SC always sucked. We just don't have the people, and the people we have are unmotivated, poor, or quitting. I am all three sadly.

lmao people like Snap probably knew this post was coming, the legendary "RC rage posts". there's no rage though I promise :/

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Theres nothing rage about your post austin, Ive known you for what seems like forver, (two years)

I know the SC scene is small, but I wouldnt want to change anything about it if it meant giving up the friendships Ive obtained in the time I was around. I love you guys (well, mostly Austin/Mott/yay/Willam/Dill/Yoshido/Anyone besides eric)

Edit; that gawdimfoxy guy was so ****ing bad at melee

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
... I'm... the only one who's met Eric, aren't I? :o

My life feels so weird right now, without constantly having Melee to fall back on in times of... boredom I guess. My writing should be taking my full focus now, but... who cares about that? nobody. in Melee at least others would play with me. Now it's League because people play it... friends. If friends cared about my stories, then I could... nevermind. self centered bull**** is upon me. ABORT. ABORT.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
charlie, i think it's time you made a final 2010-2011 Usc school year final power rankings

weez nuts sc

Smash Cadet
nonononononononono not brawl. totally a legit melee rankings list of the talent at usc. and by that i mean it's a joke and i should be at the top of the real usc rankings

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
I don't even have a f'in controller up here. I'm gonna be so deprived this summer. Not like i played that often anyway haha

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
if gas wasn't so god damn awful right now I might would drive to columbia, haven't been in forever, but idk. moneys.
Drove up to Clemson for my best friend's wedding, then back down to Charleston for final meetings regarding a summer rotation, then back up to Clemson to my parents' for the summer. My car gets 37 mpg highway. Total cost for gas: $80 dollars. wtf. You'd think I drove a freaking Hummer paying that much for gas.

Spank That Dill

Smash Journeyman
preliminary final usc power rankings
1) John
2) Ian
3) Everyone else is inconsequential
alright so this is a pretty good one but i have to make some changes

1) John - clearly his skills are improving at a phenomenal rate
2) Ian - "Worth it"
3) Drug Man - he's gone forever
4) Vodka and milk guy
5) people that were laughing at us and honking at us that one night while you know what was going on
6) hot chicks
7) two dudes not being gay
8) Charlie G
9) that indian man who we saw at like 20 different bars
10) John again

edit: check it out my sig is back somehow

weez nuts sc

Smash Cadet
alright so this is a pretty good one but i have to make some changes

1) John - clearly his skills are improving at a phenomenal rate
2) Ian - "Worth it"
3) Drug Man - he's gone forever
4) Vodka and milk guy
5) people that were laughing at us and honking at us that one night while you know what was going on
6) hot chicks
7) two dudes not being gay
8) Charlie G
9) that indian man who we saw at like 20 different bars
10) John again

edit: check it out my sig is back somehow
perhaps the most accurate list that will ever be made

Top Bottom