• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official South Carolina Thread

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Ladies and gentlemen, GUESS THE FVCK WHAT?!

I have finally returned...but there is something different about me than all the other times I have returned and then disappeared...what is it?

I am proud to announce to the SC Smash Community that as of literally like 30 minutes ago...

I NOW HAVE A DRIVER'S LICENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FVCKING W000000000000000T!!!!!

Now I can FINALLY participate in smash tournaments around here without anybody's help. I can FINALLY attend tournaments, grow as a player, and actively help the SC community grow by representing outside and inside of my home state.

I'm back everyone, back to experience the pinnacle of my smash career- the one where I could um you know, actually drive places and get better LMAO.

Now we all know over the years that I have been VERY inattentive to this thread, and for that I sorely apologize. Now that I am FREE, I am here to stay in the community, and more importantly you'll be seeing me at smash tournaments in the future. Thank you all for not closing this thread, and I'll be seeing you all sometime soon.

THE BEST THE BEST X INFINITY

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
the boy who cried smash
Haha, I know I can't deny that. It's true; even back in 2008 I would claim I would be going to places and then I wouldn't show up. But one thing you must understand that is it's always PRIMARILY been a transportation issue when it came to tournaments. There are so many tournaments I've wanted to attend yet I couldn't attend any because I couldn't get a ride...

I know the only way I can prove myself is by showing up! And well....now that I have a license...that won't be an issue. I'll see you at a tournament someday...that is...if you can get a ride. ;3 (I kid I kid lmao don't **** me w/ ROB plz D= )

Edit- *Goes to update thread and see what tournaments are going on now and what players to add*

Double Edit @Snapp- Hah, you really don't think I'll go to one do you? Do you remember when you first got your license? How you wanted to go EVERYWHERES because you were SO TIRED of being cooped up and unable to drive? Dude that's what I'm like right now. I am finally FREE and I can finally express this freedom by going to any place I want.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Double Post!

So I was looking at the tournaments that are in this thread and most are about 3 to 4.5 hours away from where I personally live. How is tournament attendance looking for SC? Who's currently active in the scene? What tournament does everyone plan on going to? Maybe if we all have a common goal we could come together and train somehow.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
SC brawl is basically dead from what I understand...most brawl players quit or moved to NC. but sc melee ranbats have decent attendance, so you could always get back into that =p

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
SC brawl is basically dead from what I understand...most brawl players quit or moved to NC. but sc melee ranbats have decent attendance, so you could always get back into that =p
AND MISS MY OPPORTUNITY TO FINALLY GO TO A BRAWL TOURNAMENT ALL BY MYSELF?!

...lol

<3 SC melee but I really wanna go to some brawl stuff. NC's tournaments are all like 3 hours from me :(. Raleigh is like 4.5...but I didn't get this license to not drive LMAO, I will surely come to NC someday soon. Please be gentle, I'm a scrub. </3

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
No, it's true...last tournament I held the turnout was zero, zip, nada...

Unless I caught it on a bad day...I'm pretty sure no one showed I was there all by myself all day lol

scha-k-47

Smash Journeyman
Greenville, SC (summer) West Chester, PA (school)
Ohhhhhh my dear South Carolina! I have been gone for longer than I usually am but I would enjoy having a get together at my place for some melee/SSF4 at my place when I return sometime between the week of the 15th till the 20th of August. PM me for my number and or directions and if you know me you better get over to my place while I am back.

Mad Love SC Smash even though I have been gone for so long.

Darkfire150

Smash Cadet
You forgot me snap!!!! I've been itching to play brawl for the longest!!! I can't find ANYONE who want to play who's close. Get at me Kidd! I ll help anyway I can. @snap would love to play you sometime. I ll definately be out to nc sometime when I get my work schedule.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
in a state of ****ing *******

if there is no brawl community anymore or "it's dead" like people keep saying, I fail to see how MK is "banned"

PS : Scha I will be in Baltimore till like 16th or so but I'll do what I can to see you

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Ohhhhhh my dear South Carolina! I have been gone for longer than I usually am but I would enjoy having a get together at my place for some melee/SSF4 at my place when I return sometime between the week of the 15th till the 20th of August. PM me for my number and or directions and if you know me you better get over to my place while I am back.

Mad Love SC Smash even though I have been gone for so long.
HOOOOOLLLYYY GOD YOU'RE COMING BACK!111wononethegame111! I will definitely train for this and you can bet I will be hounding you for matches. Your reading must be great after all of that SSFIV training 0_0. Looking forward to seeing you again! I'll try to get chance to come. And I'll drive to your house! =]

You forgot me snap!!!! I've been itching to play brawl for the longest!!! I can't find ANYONE who want to play who's close. Get at me Kidd! I ll help anyway I can. @snap would love to play you sometime. I ll definately be out to nc sometime when I get my work schedule.
I would love to play you. It's been a long time since I have played anyone new, and I def need the MK practice. I'll pick up some top tiers to train with because peach exp won't help much lol, i'll pick marth up for training. But I still main peach. =]
in a state of ****ing *******

if there is no brawl community anymore or "it's dead" like people keep saying, I fail to see how MK is "banned"

PS : Scha I will be in Baltimore till like 16th or so but I'll do what I can to see you
AMEN, mk being banned here is such an imaginary rule. Here's a better one- If mlg does it, so do we. LOLamirite? Also I miss ya =[ CORKSCREW BLOW

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
http://themegas.com/store.html

If you like The Megas,
"Sparked a War" single is out now.

Includes "You've Sparked a War / Sparkman" the single for the up and coming Mega Man 3 album,
an acoustic version of said song,
an instrumental version of said song (SO YOU CAN KARAOKE!??!)
a cover of the Mega Man cartoon theme song (FIGHTING ROBOT, MEGAMAN!!!)
and a cover of "Sunglasses at Night", their first non-Mega Man song ever.

ALL THAT FOR ONLY FIVE DOLLARS? ARE YOU SERIOUS.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
M2K isnt going to quit hes just going to pick up falco or D3.

he already said that. he would still be the best.

also, brawl isnt a fighting game.

neither is melee.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
M2K isnt going to quit hes just going to pick up falco or D3.

he already said that. he would still be the best.

also, brawl isnt a fighting game.

neither is melee.
Yeah they are, they're fighting. It's not a traditional fighter.
Akuma in hd remix and regular super street fighter 2 turbo says hello.
ST Akuma was ********, he was FAR WORSE than MK. He couldn't even be dizzy. If you don't know, ST Akuma is basically Shin-Akuma. hdr Akuma was pretty bad too IIRC but i don't remember the exact reason behind banning him. I think it was because his air-fireball or some ****.

0megaZer0

Smash Lord
Yeah they are, they're fighting. It's not a traditional fighter.

ST Akuma was ********, he was FAR WORSE than MK. He couldn't even be dizzy. If you don't know, ST Akuma is basically Shin-Akuma. hdr Akuma was pretty bad too IIRC but i don't remember the exact reason behind banning him. I think it was because his air-fireball or some ****.
EXACTLY

Smash is not a traditional fighing game but is it Fighting in general

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
LOL hm i heard about that. why the ****...
Pokemon never made any sense. I love how Dugtrio can learn Aerial Ace but Gyarados can't. If you're gonna be a dumb**** and make him Water/Flying instead of Water/Dragon you might as well give him flying moves, LOL

Competitive pokemon is just an imaginary made up game. A total joke (flexes major troll muscles). You can't be competitive in something you don't compete in lol. OH LOOK AT ME I PLAY POKEMON, I'M TRAINING FOR ALL THOSE TOURNAMENTS...AND WINNING ALL THAT MONEY THAT DOESN'T EXIST BUT HEY AT LEAST I CAN PAY FOR 99 MAX REVIVES NOW.

I believe in such a thing as ADVANCED pokemon. But competitive? No.

That's my opinion though. Some people enjoy going to tournaments without a prize but um that's not my style. xD

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
(competitive) Pokemon is hard as **** tho. Too much **** math for me. Gyarados was literally given the flying type to keep him from being broken and I'm glad they did.

Them ****ers better not ban Scizor, I'll be pissed.

MusicalMike

Needs to try harder
Slippi.gg
MUSI#321
Edit- Ignore my pokemon posts I'm trolling about a game I don't even play lol, where are my manners xD.

Anyways on topic I'm glad to see the SC thread is alive again. =)

Top Bottom