• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official R.O.B. PR/Tournament Results Archive

DiZmY??

Smash Cadet
hmm, yea i totally forgot, to post results about tournaments. So CJT, ill be posting results soon. * People must have stated that I was the best ROB in NY, but only concerning that of "wifi". Wifi is something, but isnt everything if you know what i mean. Ill be posting result soon ^___^ do you have any vids CJT, or N.a.j.a.c.e???

Silhouette

Smash Lord
and the battle starts! who will triumph in the fight for best ROB in NY?
and why cant they just get along like us Ohio ROBs?

oh, and this..

Wings n' Brew V: Sweet Smokin' BBQ
Dec 12, 2009
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258349

placed 3/5 in pools

Lost to Beegs (Marth/MK) (1-2)
Defeated Fortenium (MK) (2-0)
Lost to Capem (MK) (0-2)

9/20

Defeated sole in a 1$ tier list MM

so i did really good with ROB against alot of MKs, figured out a lot of good stuff, this tourney just had such a good atmosphere that i was in an amazing mood all day.

edit: Ive got tons of tight vids on their way, hope they get put up soon.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
hmm, yea i totally forgot, to post results about tournaments. So CJT, ill be posting results soon. * People must have stated that I was the best ROB in NY, but only concerning that of "wifi". Wifi is something, but isnt everything if you know what i mean. Ill be posting result soon ^___^ do you have any vids CJT, or N.a.j.a.c.e???
yea i have some videos in the R.O.B video thread but they are not great since its just me and my friend messing around doing friendlies.

idk about the other NY R.O.Bs but i don't play on wifi at all so that might be true

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I would play a little wifi (if I were at home, I cant connect here for some reason) but I tend to learn secondaries on wifi rather than using ROB.

I have ooooold vids on youtube, Ill prbably have a few more vids up once I send some .gcts around from my last tourney.

DiZmY??

Smash Cadet
cool cool :laugh:

I have some vids up on youtube, but they are only friendlies XD Just type in Dizmy

and the battle starts! who will triumph in the fight for best ROB in NY?
and why cant they just get along like us Ohio ROBs?
If you main ROB, your always cool peoples =D How many ROBs does ohio have btw?

Silhouette

Smash Lord
cool cool :laugh:

If you main ROB, your always cool peoples =D How many ROBs does ohio have btw?
Depends if you count OS, he's -technically- ROB and hes -technically- Ohio.

besides that theres Me (SiL), Mr.E, Sneaky Tako, and Mr. Eric is around for alot of our tourneys, but hes KY. There also used to be a ROB called Jokey but I dont think hes been to a tourney in months.

so like 4-5, this makes for very ROB heavy tourneys.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Do you see all of em at pretty much every tourney? Cause thats a lot... Idk the last time I was at a tourney with more than 3 ROBs...

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Its usually OS, me, Mr.E, and sneaky at most of the tourneys. If its a larger tourney then Kentucky will drive up and Mr. Eric will be there, or sometimes we head to KY, it all depends. (OS is mostly MK though)

There were about 5-6 ROBs at MW Circuit Champs last season

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Wow, thats strange. Usually I find I'm the only one (besides maybe one random scROB). I think Viridian was the most ROB mains in a tourney I've ever been to. It had me, Chibo, JG, NL(if you count him), um probly at least one more, idk.

Sharky

Smash Master
I might use ROB as a CP at syracuse CJT lol, dunno yet though. so expect a not quite scROB but not quite pROB at the tourney too =P

Tin Man

Smash Hero
FINALLY, SOME RESULTS, JJVIRUS, PUT THESE UP ASAP PLEASE

Pownz December Decimation: 4/21

December 19th, 2009

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=259215

Obtained 1st round Bye
Defeated Phiddlestix 2-1 (Bowser) (I lost because I used my scrubby Falco)
Lost to King Ace 0-2 (MK) (lost game 1 with falco, realizing that I suck with Falco, switched to Olimar, and over 9000 times did better)
Defeated Raidos 2-0 (ICs)
Defeated Culex 2-1 (C.Falcon) (The mans falcon is beast, He got knees on me twice on game 2 >.>)
Defeated Hype 2-1 (MK)
Lost to Fool 2-0 (Falco)

I used :rob: in 7 games, :olimar: in 6 games, and :falco: (who I dropped after losing to Ace) in 2 games in this tournament (excluding pools)

To give an understanding of the competition, Culex and King Ace both went to S.N.E.S

King Ace got 25th
Culex got 17th

http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=6186

and this is the Ontario PR, it is the 1st/2nd strongest brawl scene in Canada (next to quebec of course)

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=177795

Trust me Fool is legit, he only isn't on the PR from lack of tourney attendance, he will be back on it next update.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I used :rob: in 7 games, :olimar: in 6 games, and :falco: (who I dropped after losing to Ace) in 2 games in this tournament (excluding pools)
I think it would be more meaningful to say which fights you went who, you did that for a couple of the matches, but not all of them. For example, since this is the ROB power rankings, it probably makes a big difference whether you beat Hype's MK using ROB or Lolimar, etc.
Just sayin'.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I think an unwritten rule of honorable mentions is to not jump off the face of the planet. Go to tournies like Pound 4 or somethin.

We should bring a return to the golden age of ROB.

Bees!

Smash Ace
Im not sure if its the right place for this but I am now on my states Power Ranking at No.6 and I main ROB.
It goes...
1.)Dave (GnW)
2.)Timotee (Wario)
3.)DTL (Toon Link)
4.)Meno (Peach)
5.)Underload (Snake)
6.)BEES (R.O.B.)
7.)JCVD (Snake)
8.)Yang(Marth)
9.)Zajice(Snake)
10.)Chunky(Lucas)

Edit: This is overdue but here
Ranbat 2 http://nvgaonline.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=11166
November 14, 2009
4/21
--Winners' Bracket--
Defeated Meno(Peach)
Defeated Yang(Marth)
Defeated S0apy(Kirby, MK)
Lost to DTL(MK,Tink)
--Losers' Bracket--
Defeated Yang(Marth,Snake)
Lost to Underload(Snake)

Holiday Bash
December 19, 2009 http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=7143
9/40
--Winners' Bracket--
Bye
Defeated ST. CB(Falco) <-I went Kirby that set so it doesn't count.
Defeated Starr(Tink)
Lost to Fluxus(DDD)
--Losers' Bracket--
Lost to Meno(Peach)

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
I think an unwritten rule of honorable mentions is to not jump off the face of the planet. Go to tournies like Pound 4 or somethin.

We should bring a return to the golden age of ROB.
I mean.. ROB sucks broski... its not like the start of Brawl when people didn't realize that MK was like.. the hardest ROB counter in the game... EVER.

You also don't get like.. a good amount of mid-ish tier toons that ROB does well against anymore.. so it would be like a Link player [in the melee days] going up and trying to place with him @ an MLG.

Just not f***ing possible.

And its harder now than ever.

I need to start playing Pit or something.. sigh

stingers

Smash Obsessed
gaw no because there's as many pro gaws are there are pro robs (1, lol)
ddd yes, **** that character
zss, maybe, snakeee and riddle are probably better then any individual rob main but after that all of our mid tier robs beat the rest of their no name zss's lol

Sudai

Stuff here
GnW, no. I feel it's a close to even MU if you're smart.
DDD, yes. He's too easy to be good with.
ZSS, 2 people can't carry a crew, like stongers said.

Top Bottom