• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

LuiStrokes

Smash Journeyman
LOOK AT MY SIG. ITS NEW AND UPDATED. LOOK. THE NUMBERS. THEY REPRESENT OUR SUFFERING. Man I am so pissed off. And this update is hardly a "sonic the hedgehog" to placate us. Though Im sure not even Megaman would help at this point.
Megaman would really help, i mean, like sonic,

omfmg sonic......and the delay....but...SONIC!!!

Now it's like, Wut??? delay??,,,,sheet.....and that crappy pikmin stage....da,mn the delay!!!!!!11111

Snifit

Smash Cadet
My spring break this year starts on Feb 11th. I was going to have an entire week of nothing but smash! NOW ITS COMING OUT RIGHT BEFORE EXAMS! FAAAAAAAAAAAAK! :mad:

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I was totally done with video games and Nintendo and everything a few weeks in late April of 2006. Then came E3 and Brawl's first unveiling...All of that went out the window. I had to get the Wii because of this game. Then fast forward to July of 2007. I know the release of the game is soon (I have it reserved); so I stop sitting on my hands and finally go out to buy one so that I'll be ready for it when it comes out in a few months.

Then...delay...delay...

I feel completely upset and betrayed. It all seems now a ploy to get everyone buying their crap, and they keep pulling this. Just release the @#%T@#%@!# game. Screw 3rd parties that are delaying it. I'm so upset that I got sucked into this 2 years ago, now...

****ing **** of ****-*** ****ing ****.

The delay better be ****ing worth it. No extra collectible trophy or sticker bull****.
Now there's nothing to do but play the other bull**** mini-game collection games for the Wii......which are bull****.

My receipt isn't gonna live to see March 9th. It's wrinkled as hell.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
*Looks at the Release Date* He's.... kidding right?
WHAT THE HELL, YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS BEFORE YOU LAUNCHED COMMERCIALS SAKURAI!!! AARRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Anyway I'm in Europe, I'm just wanting to know the Roster.
So: The game doesn't come out till March in the states now, which means.... Euro Q2/Q3 2008. ;.;
I bet it happens...

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
I realize now that it was all merely a trick to get us all to buy Nintendo hardware in games while we waited for this. There really is no Super Smash Bros. Brawl, people. Only endless delays and us shelling out money until we eventually kill ourselves when we realize the sad truth of it all...

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
You know, he could at least remove http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/info/info01.html this from his site.....

And, no, it's not another month, it's proof htat theres a good chance this game will be delayed again, and again, and again. Hel, it has been delayed again, and again, and again, but it might be delayed again, and again, and again, and AGAIN! He has aired commercials! On TV! With an exact date! And a week later he gives us this!

I mean Jeez!

http://www.soulspider.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/disappointment.jpg

El_Duderino

Smash Apprentice
Hrm. I don't like it, but I did halfway see it coming. Nintendo has a history of repeated delays on their big titles...they have a quality standard to meet, and if they don't like something about a game they work on it until they do like it. Part of me is glad the quality standard is being adhered to here. The other part is extremely irritated at the additional month. Irritation is winning right now, but the gladness will probably kick in on March 9.

I just know I'm going to wake up tomorrow with all the little nubs on my teeth worn off.

Oh yes, red update tomorrow. Mm, special moves.

Dabble

Smash Cadet
*THIS IS A DABBLE RANT: FEELINGS WILL BE HURT, AND MACARONI ART WILL BE STEPPED ON. BUT I NEED TO BE VENT, AND I NEED TO BE HEARD. DO NOT WISH TO FEEL THE FIRE? SCROLL THE HELL BACK UP AND AVOID!*

There is absolutely, no ****ing way, I am keeping the wii.

This game will NEVER come out. EVER. What is the POINT of having a release date when we KNOW they are lying to us? They did it to me again. I was completely overjoyed that I would be playing Brawl, and me and my brother's last chance to be together before he shipped off was going to be spent playing Brawl. He loves Smash, but you know what the cruel irony of it is all? HE WON'T GET TO, BECAUSE THEY HAD TO ****ING DELAY THE **** GAME....AGAIN!

With this delay, died my enthusiasm. I am done with Smash Brothers. It is obvious the game is going to flat out suck, and trying to convince me otherwise is pointless. They are starting to feel the pressure of the fact that the game is going to suck, which is why they will never release it. Why on Earth would they want to if the one game every wii owner craves the most sucks?

**** this game, and **** the series all together.

It is not worth it anymore. I am done. I am selling my wii tomorrow.

Burn in hell Nintendo; you greedy corporate *******s.

BURN.IN.HELL

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
I just wanted to remind people that the US version is just a translated version of the Japanese version.

Just because we have to wait an entire month more, the game itself is only being delayed a week. So in 7 days, how much do you think they can really do? My guess is that they just realize how epic this game will be, and want to make sure they have enough units for launch. Or maybe, there's just some very small issue, like a small problem with the online or something. But most likely, the game is completed, and discs are being copied, but Nintendo just wants to have more discs to sell at launch.

The one point I want to get across is that the delay is NOT TO ADD MORE CHARACTERS. 7 extra days is nowhere near enough to add a new character, stage, gamemode, and probably not even a new item/pokeball/AT.

As for America's delay, my guess is either to secure more units for Japan's first month with the game and to have a larger number of units for American launch. I would be willing to bet everything on my name predicting that the US version won't have anything extra, and will just be a translated version of the game (which is funny, because don't they have the option to change languages in the game menu?).

Fernie812

Smash Cadet
This...Isn't...happening!
I just know that I'm going to wake up in the morning...and it will all be a dream...yes...
All kidding aside, I am extreamally disapointed, but I can wait it out. I'm patient.

courte

Smash Lord
well as for the stage-- as Carter Pueterschmidt said in the episode of family guy where His wife got half of Ted Turner's tv networks.... "neat"

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
*Looks at Dojo!!* Alright Pikmin stage! Awesome! It looks really cool!

~Five Minutes Later~

*Looks at SmashBoards* D-...delay?! *rushes back to Dojo!!* *checks* O_O;;.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I was talking to my friend on the phone when I read it and she thought I was dying XD

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
****ing **** of ****-*** ****ing ****.

The delay better be ****ing worth it. No extra collectible trophy or sticker bull****.
Now there's nothing to do but play the other bull**** mini-game collection games for the Wii......which are bull****.
I second this.

As HolyNightmare says, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"

But this is just too much.

Eagle

Smash Lord
About the stage, unfortunately it appears that the background never changes. It would be so kickass is you just see Louie come and own the big bug thing.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I agree 100% with that...I love the people saying they're gonna boycott Brawl because it was delayed XD Be realistic people...it's delayed but it's gonna be AMAZING when we get a copy of it!
That, and, the more they say that they hate Sakurai and all that crap, the more they just want the game! Pshh, dead hype my ***.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
i know a mod chip is the solution for this... tomorrow i'm going to buy a mod chip... and preorder smash bros japanese version, just in case if anyone wants the japanese version yesasia.com, i'm putting the link becaus i'm frustrated with smash bros, i don't believe in nintendo anymore, in fact... I don't like the wii very much (if u have a ps3 u know why) but the reason of being of my wii is smash bros (and mario kart wii) why nintendo is lying us? we are your customers! hello... more respect! and i'm sick of this, this is enough! i hope a mod chip don't screw up my wii and plays smash bros X

SiegK

Smash Champion
Heck I still play Melee...kinda scared to see what Brawl does to us smash fans O.O;
What do you mean what Brawl will do to us?

And about the Melee. Lol Yeah, I play that everyday. Thought that was a given, I only posted newer games.

Ive actually been playing Smash Bros 64 on my comp instead of Melee to get a change of view for a bit.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I second this.

As HolyNightmare says, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"

But this is just too much.
This will be my new mantra to keep me from killing innocent people while having to wait for the game.

I am SO glad that we got Rock Band now. At least I'll have SOMETHING to pass the time with...

SiegK

Smash Champion
This will be my new mantra to keep me from killing innocent people while having to wait for the game.

I am SO glad that we got Rock Band now. At least I'll have SOMETHING to pass the time with...
Hey Sinn, long time no see, again. Wernt you going to draw my a pic of your Kirby (?) and Sieg or something and send it to me Via Deviant art? Plus I got new comix up there if ya wanna check em out, plus a Sonic character version of Sieg. Whats your Kirby's name? I kinda wanna draw her and Sieg, if your not going to.

EDIT:
Nevermind, I think your Signature already says so.
Well not so much us as video games....I mean...will we need to buy anything else after Brawl...?...What's even coming out after Brawl O.O;
All games will stop and hover around Brawl... this will remain for 2 years and then... the video game world along with the rest of the world will explode in a fireball of death and phazon all of whom which own a copy of Super Smash Bros Brawl 3 months before hand will survive due to a digital force field designed specifically for this occasion.

To upload this data into every copy Super Smash Bros. Brawl would take 29 extra days...

This my friend, is also why Brawl was delayed.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I lol'd at the delay. Why? Because I'm for being a European, we don't HAVE A RELEASE! My hype for Brawl is pretty much 0 until we finally get it. This is ridicoulous. At least the Japanese people will get in in two weeks so I will now the character roster.

Top Bottom