• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Prediction:
Brawl WILL be released December 3rd, of 2008.(maybe 09)
If that happens... Sakurai is ****ing dead.

Well, I'm furious, sadened, a bit glad because now i can save more money and they can make the game be bug-free and all that, plus now we get the roster WAYY before its out for us!

Only 28 days delayed... ;_;

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe people are rationalizing this delay as having anything to do with making the game better. The first delay, perhaps, but this?
Japan is only delayed a week! This is all about post-production, inventory, shipping, and marketing. AKA $$$. The game will not be one iota different than if you had obtained a copy on Feb. 10.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
Japan needs to wait a week.
America needs to wait a month.
That means we europeans can play brawl somewhere around christmas.

Sinn

Smash Lord
So it is true. Darn. lol.

"The date is a lie."

There, I said it.
Go ahead and leave me...I think I'd prefer to stay inside...
Maybe you'll find someone else to play with...
Maybe 360.
That was a joke. Ha ha. Fat chance.
Anyway, this date is great; it's so accurate and prompt~

DPK4

Smash Rookie
Go ahead and leave me...I think I'd prefer to stay inside...
Maybe you'll find someone else to play with...
Maybe 360.
That was a joke. Ha ha. Fat chance.
Anyway, this date is great; it's so accurate and prompt~
Look at me still talking when there's updates to do
and I look out there it makes me glad I'm not you
I've delays to be done
there is laughing to be done
at the people who'll yell
SAKURAIIIIIII!!!!

Ryo242

Smash Ace
WHY??!??! MAR 9?

I swear...BTW, is that song (SAKURAI! aka Still Alive) ever going to be completed and have it's own post?

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
I'd like to say this bit of information for you Americans "AT LEAST YOU DON'T LIVE IN ****ING EUROPE!!!"

...that is all.

DPK4

Smash Rookie
WHY??!??! MAR 9?

I swear...BTW, is that song (SAKURAI! aka Still Alive) ever going to be completed and have it's own post?
I will probably go ahead and do it but I give credit to Sinn and blayde_axel for starting it somewhat, I just feel like it needs to be finished now! :D

The Overlord

Smash Cadet
I predict that tomorrow they'll correct the release dates. Japan's will be released on 9th March and America's on 19th May, Europe's on 10th February.

On a serious note, I'm predicting an AT update, possibly with some Mario music.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
^^^^
No you're not. Don't lie. You're still just as stoked for Brawl as anyone else on this website.

FINE! I CONFESS! I'M STILL ATTATCHED TO THIS GAME AS MUCH AS WHEN I FIRST SAW IT! AND THE MORE AND MORE UPDATES THAT COME OUT MAKE ME HUNGER FOR MORE! IT'S LIKE THEY ARE TAUNTING US, LIKE WAVING A PIECE OF BACON IN FRONT OF A DOG'S FACE, AND WHEN WE GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO IT, THEY BACK UP MORE AND MORE AND OHHHHHHHHHHHh, GOD**** YOU, SAKURAI!! CURSE YOUUUU!!!! :cry:

But then, if you think it about it....the bacon gets larger and larger the more he backs away, and when we get it, we are grateful that we got the bigger piece of bacon instead. That's the way I see it, and the only reason I'm not killing myself, or someone else over this. :******:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Has to be a big third party character announcement or something to make up for delay. Wow, will this game ever come out?

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
You optimistic people are crazy. I wish you'd just shut up already. Two delays (extra) is not acceptable. Stop defending it. When you consider how confidently and how much Reggie assured us that it wouldn't be coming out this year, in the spring...there's no excuse. Stop defending it. Even if the only reason for a delay is to print more copies...doesn't matter.

It was one thing when they kept delaying it back before there was an "official" release date, but once they gave us that...pushing it back is a big deal, but they don't look at it like that. Their fault.

Teevo

Smash Rookie
FINE! I CONFESS! I'M STILL ATTATCHED TO THIS GAME AS MUCH AS WHEN I FIRST SAW IT! AND THE MORE AND MORE UPDATES THAT COME OUT MAKE ME HUNGER FOR MORE! IT'S LIKE THEY ARE TAUNTING US, LIKE WAVING A PIECE OF BACON IN FRONT OF A DOG'S FACE, AND WHEN WE GET CLOSE ENOUGH TO IT, THEY BACK UP MORE AND MORE AND OHHHHHHHHHHHh, GOD**** YOU, SAKURAI!! CURSE YOUUUU!!!! :cry:
That's a Pretty Good analogy, actually. Though I was actually thinking of the actual delay as like... someone poking you in the eye.

At first you like "OW GEEZ!... Gosh... What the f... Ow.... What the crap man!? What's your problem?!!?!"

Then later you're like "Man... that was moderately unpleasant... I'm fine now, but... ouch, man! Don't do that again!"

Atleast... that's how it was for me, outraged, followed by not being really that upset, just kind of like... irritated.

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
Who cares about a delay, (or... two) we're still gonna get the game
It probably does hove have something to do with shipping

I don't care what the pessimists say. Let The brawl begin.

besides the few of us willing to stay with the game even after the delay will have an extreme ton of fun
More than the pessimists at least

I don't really think anyone on these boards is willing to leave this game they've all waited so long for

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
After the Pikmin franchise got character announcement, music, character special moves, and stage updates all in the span of under one week, I can't help but wonder if we'll be seeing another franchise update soon...

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
At least they can't delay No More Heroes...

Still coming out the 26th that one. =)
Travis Touchdown for Brawl.

Uhh...I'm still saying an item for tomorrow's update...

Although I'm hoping for a Subspace video pretty soon. We haven't gotten one in months...

And I'm totally calling Captain Falcon this week. :laugh: Maybe.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You optimistic people are crazy. I wish you'd just shut up already. Two delays (extra) is not acceptable. Stop defending it. When you consider how confidently and how much Reggie assured us that it wouldn't be coming out this year, in the spring...there's no excuse. Stop defending it. Even if the only reason for a delay is to print more copies...doesn't matter.

It was one thing when they kept delaying it back before there was an "official" release date, but once they gave us that...pushing it back is a big deal, but they don't look at it like that. Their fault.
Who's 'defending' the delay? Does anyone actually 'like' the delay? Get some common sense, all your *****ing isn't going to change a thing, so you're just wasting energy, and quite frankly, I don't care to wade through doezns of posts that say the same **** thing ("Waaaaaaaaaaaah! Sakurai made a personal attack on me, Brawl is killing my life").

Optimistic? The word you're looking for is 'patient'. Jeez, there's other things to look forward to in life.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
This is THE FIRST strong character feeling I've ever had.

I predict Geno for this week, and I don't know why; just an instinct.
My Pikmin stage prediction from last night has come true, Geno within the next three days.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Wasting energy...? Uh..

Ok, tonight is the last time I'm staying up. It could potentially be a hop or a flop.

Sakurai said:
Notice: Ok, I know that many of you are disappointed that we must delay the game once again. It was completely unexpected, and it's out of my hands. But I apologize again for the inconvenience, and I think that it's only fair that I reveal the final 3rd party character. So, without further ado...

blayde_axel

Smash Master

Because we are used to Nintendo delaying games.

EVERY LoZ game? Thank you.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
You know it... I predict a blue update for tomorrow! There is no better way to soften a delay than a How to Play update! :laugh:

Top Bottom