• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Had my name/tag changed to its actual form. "King Beef" has been out of date for at least a year. Just keep calling me "KB" for short. xD

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ Good man. :3

@ I still have tech skill.
Anyone want to Wendy's Meal MM ($5 limit) my Melee Peach at TYM?

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I think the power rankings are good for competition. I really doubt it's making people less friendly with eachother. The only drama it's really seemed to cause is about when it gets updated.

Notra

Smash Ace
I think the power rankings are good for competition. I really doubt it's making people less friendly with eachother. The only drama it's really seemed to cause is about when it gets updated.
i think all PR's do is create anxiety. The plus, easier pools/ better seeds. The minus, when u lose higher up. u lose hard.

But ultimately the anxiety is needed, and it is the best way to track how much uve improved.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well after that asswhooping you handed me in our third game today, I definitely believe you. Holy ****. xD

lou4222

Smash Lord
Nope and I had lunch today. We discussed this, and I will be updating it from now on. I can assure you that they will be updated on time.

We will be updating these at the beginning of March. Also they will not be updated every month. That is pointless. It will be known what tournaments are included in each ranking. For example on the OP it will be listed, The following tournaments will be included in the update. It will include four or five tournaments. We will vote at the conclusion of that and update the rankings. Also some changes will be made to the panelists. But yea Nope hasnt been on in like 10 days. I check the forums every day and can assure you they will be updated.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Hey guys look what I made..

...................._________________
...................| GOOD SH*T LOU!! |
.........[p_o]..|/¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
[ll-____|¦|____-ll]
...........|¦|...........
...........|¦|...........
....__‚—|¦|—‚__....
..|——l¯l-l¯l——|..
....¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯....

He's wearing a monocle.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
If you aren't going to base it on months, base it on a set amount of tournes WEEKENDS (5?) which would be 35 days in between each update plus it would be easier to see which tournes are being used.

If I start going to tournes more, I wouldn't mind being a panelist. But as of now, I'm only able to go to C-bus and Smashfield events (plus OUGA ones of course, but those are only once a quarter). I don't get to see most of these players in action or get to play them myself (something VERY important when rating people). I recalled that I was a candidate at one point, but NEOH needed more rep in the panelists (which they deserve, most underrated region in Ohio). Even if I was asked to be a panelist, I would have decline for the reasons I just stated.

As for those who want to be on the PR or higher on the PR, the best way is to go to the same tournes as the ones above you AND the same tournes as the panelists. Let those people see with their own eyes and feel with their own controllers how much potential you have! (Or just beat M2K, heh)

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol the only way Zozefup is going to beat Infern is if he sandbags the MM like he tends to.

Zozefup will never beat him in brackets.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I've improved a lot in the last 2 months (thanks Lain and Ally). I don't know if it's enough to beat Ohio's #1 though lol. I usually can't beat Ohio's HMs. I'm pretty confident with the Snake match up now though.

But yeah, this is irrelevant. I'm just trolling lol. Back to PR discussion!

Top Bottom