• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I have my own doubts about Megaman in that smash bros:

1)The megaman in that Smash Bros would be Xover?
2)Sakurai WON'T put megaman in smash bros?

D

Deleted member

I have my own doubts about Megaman in that smash bros:

1)The megaman in that Smash Bros would be Xover?
2)Sakurai WON'T put megaman in smash bros?
#1: Care to explain? Not sure what you're implying here.

#2. I've already made a detailed argument as to why there's a good chance that Sakurai will go after Mega Man if third-parties return.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
#1: Care to explain? Not sure what you're implying here
It's about that guy who will appear in the next smash bros:

Did you mean this?
Surprised it was coming out so soon, especially given that the Wii release came out so late in the Wii cycle. Not that this means anything for Smash, but I do think Capcom is trying to keep Mega Man semi-relevant until they can come up with a good game to bring back interest in the franchise. I look forward to it coming to the Wii-U so I can get finally get my hand on the game again.I think it'd work better in a Robot Medley as I said before and it'd work better as a challenger theme anyway.
It's true that capcom wants Megaman in the next smash bros?

D

Deleted member

The new Mega Man won't happen considering that Mega Man has not appeared on a game on a Nintendo platform yet, therefore ruling him out. Other variations are eligible, but Xover Mega Man isn't.

And please collapse that picture. It takes up more than the entire screen.
Robert Zampari said:
It's true that capcom wants Megaman in the next smash bros?
Yoshinori Ono has expressed interest in having Mega Man for SSB4, so at least someone from Capcom of Japan has expressed interest. There hasn't been any evidence supporting that Capcom would rather have someone else, so I would say they are fine with Mega Man's inclusion. However, they are not going to push for his inclusion, so it's up to Sakurai in regards to whenever or not Mega Man gets in.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The new Mega Man won't happen considering that Mega Man has not appeared on a game on a Nintendo platform yet, therefore ruling him out. Other variations are eligible, but Xover Mega Man isn't.

And please collapse that picture. It takes up more than the entire screen.Yoshinori Ono has expressed interest in having Mega Man for SSB4, so at least someone from Capcom of Japan has expressed interest. There hasn't been any evidence supporting that Capcom would rather have someone else, so I would say they are fine with Mega Man's inclusion. However, they are not going to push for his inclusion, so it's up to Sakurai in regards to whenever or not Mega Man gets in.
I think Yoshinori Ono stated that he was interested with the inclusion of M.Bison as well. Though he did say that Megaman is the better fit between those two. Outside of Ono, no one at Capcom mentioned Smash 4, unless asked. And when they were asked, they seemed ok with Megaman(I'd imagine that the situation would be similar to Project X Zone, where Megaman characters like Megaman X and Zero are playable the crossover), but they aren't going to make a huge deal about Megaman or any of their other IPs being repped.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Ono mentioned Bison if he could only choose from Street Fighter, outside of that he feels as though Mega Man would fit best in the Super Smash Bros. universe.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Ono mentioned Bison if he could only choose from Street Fighter, outside of that he feels as though Mega Man would fit best in the Super Smash Bros. universe.
Ah, sorry. I knew he mentioned both of them and he thought Megaman would fit better, but I didn't get that last detail.

D

Deleted member

This is currently my 5th and (for now) last counterargument; Capcom supposed hatred of Mega Man. Feel free to rip this argument to shreds and I will adjust it accordingly. Once everything seems good enough, I will extent the group to the likes of GameFAQs (and I know I'm going to have to be on my toes here) and other places.

The past few years have been a turbulent one for the Blue Bomber. Despite being a gaming icon, Mega Man has suffered from four gaming cancellation, a shoddy 25th anniversary celebration and missed out on Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. As such, many Mega Man fans have become pessimistic about a possible playable appearance for him in SSB4 due to most fans thinking that Capcom loathes the franchise. But for a company to immaturely hate on one of their most iconic franchise is simply unrealistic and can't explain the entire story. The reality of the situation indicates that with Keiji Inafune's departure from Capcom, the company has been trying to figure out what directions to take the game next and takes into much more variable than what many think. Because of this, recent events do not affect Mega Man's chances of getting into SSB4.

Mega Man Legends 3's cancellation is the largest cause of the assumption that Capcom hates Mega Man. Despite the hype surrounding the game after the wait was supposedly soon to be over, the game was cancelled on July, 2011, much to the dismay of fans everywhere (I myself was very upset as I wanted to buy a 3DS for this game). The way Capcom has handled the situation resulted in PR disaster, but the cancellation was not to spite the fans. The Legends sub-franchise did not have a good track record in selling well as both Legends 1 and 2 sold underwhelmingly on the PlayStation, which at the time had a massive install fan base. Legends 3, a sequel to the niche sub-franchise, was headed to the 3DS, which at the time, was struggling in sales and has a much smaller install base . Given this, the game probably would have met the same fate as it's predecessors and it was not profitable to keep developing the game (although not being green-lighted certainly didn't help). While there was a valiant 100,000 strong campaign, 100,000 fans simply can't get a game to break even in sales.

Other cancelled games were Mega Man Universe, Mega Man Online and Maverick Hunter, but they also had reasons why they had to be cancelled. Mega Man Universe had mixed reception and never received much hype, so the game likely would have matched Mega Man: Powered Up!'s sales (not exactly profitable). Mega Man Online was going to be a Korea-only game and suffered from not only many delays, but also the company developing the game restructuring. When it was revealed that Maverick Hunter was in development but cancelled, many fans breathed a sigh of relief that the game never came into fruition anyway, not to mention that the game was cancelled while Inafune was still at Capcom. As undesirable as four cancellations were, they were done for a reason and those can't just be attributed to a conspiracy that Capcom is trying to kill Mega Man.

Mega Man's absent from Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 is also rather unfortunate (and I was also disappointed by this as well), but again, it wasn't due to Capcom's supposed hatred towards the character. It doesn't explain why Zero and Tron got in, why Mega Man X got an alt costume and why Mega Man received cameos in the game. Also important is that in Marvel Vs. Capcom 1 and 2, Mega Man was not well received as a character. Given the sharp criticism of the second game having a complete disregard for balance, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 aimed to balance the game as a response. The problem with Mega Man was that he did not integrate well into traditional fighting games (which is why Mega Man is a much better fit for a platform fighting game like Smash). As such, part of his playstyles were inherited by Zero, Dante and Arthur, which was a better move in the long run. Capcom's cross-overs also focus more on what the characters bring to the game in regards to the move set potentials rather than the characters themselves. As disappointing as Mega Man's exclusion was, it's at least understandable why.

Street Fighter X Tekken shouldn't be mentioned as a detraction against Mega Man. Despite Bad Box Mega Man receiving a mixed reaction from the fan base, the same idea was proposed by Keiji Inafune himself as a joke character that fans would laugh at. If anything, the fact that Bad Box Mega Man was kept only showed that Capcom upheld some respect for Inafune and were respectful enough not to pull Mega Man from the game. The only reason why there is even any controversy is because of the cancellation, so this is more of bad timing on Capcom’s part for the joke than an intentional insult on the fans.

Wreck-It Ralph is also brought up against Mega Man. Just because Mega Man did not appear in the movie does not mean that it was out of malicious intentions from Capcom. Mega Man still received shout outs in the movie despite being absent. Two occasions were when Felix gets a pie that the same sound effect in Mega Man 3 is used when Mega Man defeats gets an enemy weapon and at one point when Tamora Calhoun drews her guns, the charge sound effect made with the Mega Buster in Mega Man X4 and onward is made. Mega Man's absence can be explained similarly to Mario's and Pac-Man's absence; they were mentioned but did not show up in character. Another argument was Dr. Wily's absence as he was pulled from the movie; however, this can either be explained by Capcom already being repped by Zangeif and M. Bison or that Disney didn't want to pay for Dr. Wily (since he most likely would have had no lines anyway).

One way Capcom has attempted to celebrate Mega Man's 25th anniversary is by the iOS and Android game Rock Man Xover, released for free. When the game was announced, the game received extremely negative response from the fans to the point where the game even failed to see a release outside of Japanand needless to say, the game is nothing special. While much of the criticism of the game is certainly justified, a large portion of the venomous hate towards the game steams from the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3 and being released at such a harsh time for Mega Man fans (which results in higher expectations from the fans). It's because of these things that became a death sentence towards an international release. The bitterness towards the game would be much less prevalent had the game not been released at such a turbulent time. Xover is also, in a way, a missed opportunity for the fans because despite it's subpar game play, Capcom has shown fan sympathy towards the game as they have hired artists from Rock Man X and Rock Man Gigamix artists to do some work on the game. Rock Man X has also done the first Robot Master contest ever since Mega Man 8 (with Arcade Man coming out as the winner). Rock Man Xover has been a frequent target for Mega Man fans and an understandable one as well, but with a lot of the hate coming from Legends 3's cancellation and Capcom having done several moments of fan service, the game didn't deserve all the loathe that it got.

Street Fighter X Mega Man is another case of fan sympathy. Most companies would order a cease and desist towards the game, yet Capcom choose to assist the game's development and kept the game free. The ways Capcom has helped with the game was helping funding the development, handling marketing and among other things. Capcom has not forgotten about the fans and have made efforts to please them, which Street Fighter X Mega Man and arguably Rock Man Xover have tried to do.

Capcom has also allowed Mega Man into other companies's cross-overs. In Project X, X and Zero appeared in the cross-over along with numerous Capcom, Sega and Namco characters. While Namco had to go to Capcom to get the rights to Mega Man, what matters is that Capcom showed willingness to allow Mega Man into cross-overs. Capcom has also allowed Mega Man to be in a cross-over with Sonic in the twelve-part Worlds Collide. Despite this being a comic book, what this and Project X shows is that Capcom has no objections to allowing Mega Man in other companies's cross-overs and as such, making it very unlikely that Capcom would reject Mega Man being in Smash.

If Capcom truly hated Mega Man, things would be far worse. No 25th anniversary, no comic books, no recent merchandise, no fan games being supported, no attempts at fan sympathy, nothing. The fact that Capcom still acknowledge the franchise's existence shows that they have interest in the franchise. Capcom never conceived a master plan to kill the franchise after Inafune's departure as they have been thinking about where to take the franchise to. Once Capcom figures out where to take the direction of the Mega Man games to, they will continue to make solid games again. Whenever or not Mega Man gets into Super Smash Bros. 4 will be up entirely to Sakurai and if Sakurai does choose to go after Mega Man, it's almost a sure bet that Capcom will allow Mega Man in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Capcom of America choose to support the fan project in hopes Capcom of Japan would realize that fans still enjoy the Mega Man series

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Could I be added to the supporters list? As for the name, it kind of writes itself, what with my username being a single adjective.
That argument looks very well written. I don't see any flaws. And as you say, it really doesn't make sense for a company to hate one of their best franchises. That alone could probably discredit the argument against Mega Man.

D

Deleted member

Capcom of America choose to support the fan project in hopes Capcom of Japan would realize that fans still enjoy the Mega Man series
Ouch. I need to read up on Street Fighter X Mega Man's development further and re-write my argument from there because I am going to have to use it for Mega Man.
Could I be added to the supporters list? As for the name, it kind of writes itself, what with my username being a single adjective.
That argument looks very well written. I don't see any flaws. And as you say, it really doesn't make sense for a company to hate one of their best franchises. That alone could probably discredit the argument against Mega Man.
No problem. Welcome to the group!

I'll have to agree that it wouldn't make sense for Capcom to hate one of their most iconic franchise even despite recent years. It's more of an overly pessimistic viewpoint on the franchise rather than reality. However, most don't see it this way and for a multitude of reasons so hitting all of the major arguments has to be done and done right.
---
Also came across this:

I was looking for some good Mega Man w/o helmet picture and came across this. Really do love this picture and I have to give credit towards Tekki (the one who made this picture) for making this.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The image doesn't work, it has some kinda system in place that prevents you from embeding it. All a ploy to gain clicks.

D

Deleted member

@SSBF:

Street Fighter x Mega Man seems to be fine IMO. But if you're looking at fleshing it out more I'd watch this video to maybe get some ideas.

With Xover, honestly the big thing seems to be that it came out at the wrong time. Yeah it's nothing special but putting it out at such a crucial and harsh time for the series (which I would argue also means fans expect more than usual) with a lack of releases and being the 25th anniversary is a death sentence with fans. In hindsight I think the west missed out on something. The game is doing very well in Japan and all the fan stuff with it is rather neat. Had it come out back when MM9-10 it probably wouldn't get even half the heat that it's gotten now. Would look at these articles to maybe help out as well:

http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/11/29/rockman-xover-first-impressions-yeah-it-sucks/
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/12/02/rockman-xover-reaches-top-3-on-itunes/
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2012/12/06/rockman-xover-is-100000-strong/
http://www.themmnetwork.com/2013/01...-capcom-usa-may-not-bring-rockman-xover-west/
http://www.themmnetwork.com/tag/rockman-xover/
Thanks for the articles, they really did help.

All of these events really does show that Capcom needs to rebuild their reputation with the Mega Man fan base and very quickly. With the sub-par 25th anniversary celebration, fans are increasingly becoming cynical about the future of Mega Man and if there isn't something really good for the fans coming out soon, the fan base will begin to collapse. This is why Capcom absolutely should allow Mega Man's inclusion if Sakurai goes after Mega Man, because if Mega Man doesn't get in and Capcom is the reason why, it will do permanent damage to Capcom's PR.

If I was like most fans, I would have given up on Mega Man in Smash already, but because there are reasons why Sakurai might go after Mega Man and because I consider Capcom of Japan to be a business ran by adults and not by children, I am giving Capcom the benefit of a doubt (but it will certainly be the last time I do so).

D

Deleted member

japan and america, actually the world mutually want megaman. so why can't they give to us.
It's dependent on whenever or not Sakurai will go after Mega Man.

Edit: Just noticed a big jump in views for my thread. It was 30,000 yesterday and tonight it's now over 34,000. Not sure what's going on here.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It's dependent on whenever or not Sakurai will go after Mega Man.

Edit: Just noticed a big jump in views for my thread. It was 30,000 yesterday and tonight it's now over 34,000. Not sure what's going on here.
The thread was probably linked like the K.Rool thread probably was.

I think it was your awesome counterarguments. :D

D

Deleted member

The thread was probably linked like the K.Rool thread probably was.

I think it was your awesome counterarguments. :D
I'm really curious about where the links are because I want to see them. If it has anything to do with my counterarguments, I'll probably even make an account on said site just to comment on said threads.

PressStart

Smash Cadet
Personally speaking, I do have a sinking feeling Mega Man is going to get passed over. That's not to say "welp, I give up!", because I could never give up on the hope of Mega Man appearing in a Smash Bros game (I can't stress enough how iconic of a Nintendo-era gaming icon Mega Man is, and how he belongs alongside these other characters).

I'm just worried that with the Namco collaboration and now a strong SEGA deal going, involving even more outside companies and their characters probably doesn't seem like a top priority to the development team. Now, Super Smash Bros. Fan has already stated in a counter-argument how other third-parties potentially showing up doesn't make it any less likely Mega Man will, and that's true because of course anything is possible. This is just how I personally feel about the situation, the situation being in my eyes that Nintendo is working more closely with Namco and SEGA and not Capcom at the moment. Not seeing any indication of Mega Man or Capcom involvement at the big E3 reveal will certainly dampen my spirits.

Which is why I desperately, desperately hope there will be a last minute chance for people to voice their most wanted inclusion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The problem is both Nintendo and Capcom are acting like two shy kids that have a crush on eachother

They both want to be together but neither does anything about it

Capcom said Mega Man can be in Smash is Nintendo approaches them, and Nintendo said Mega Man can be in Smash if Capcom approaches them.

One of them needs to grow some balls and start wearing the pants of the relationship like a real man!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Doing a Google search, I found that links to this thread on GameFAQs and NintendoLife (in SSBF's posts' signatures, though.)

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
How much is Megaman in Smash Bros?
Too expensive for Capcom?

Perhaps Capcom cancelled three Megaman games due to financial reasons, don't think?

D

Deleted member

Personally speaking, I do have a sinking feeling Mega Man is going to get passed over. That's not to say "welp, I give up!", because I could never give up on the hope of Mega Man appearing in a Smash Bros game (I can't stress enough how iconic of a Nintendo-era gaming icon Mega Man is, and how he belongs alongside these other characters).

I'm just worried that with the Namco collaboration and now a strong SEGA deal going, involving even more outside companies and their characters probably doesn't seem like a top priority to the development team. Now, Super Smash Bros. Fan has already stated in a counter-argument how other third-parties potentially showing up doesn't make it any less likely Mega Man will, and that's true because of course anything is possible. This is just how I personally feel about the situation, the situation being in my eyes that Nintendo is working more closely with Namco and SEGA and not Capcom at the moment. Not seeing any indication of Mega Man or Capcom involvement at the big E3 reveal will certainly dampen my spirits.

Which is why I desperately, desperately hope there will be a last minute chance for people to voice their most wanted inclusion.
I wouldn't call a Namco character or Sonic a shoe-in yet since we haven't see any indication that the Namco collaboration will result in a character and there's nothing proving that Sonic will return. It's also not impossible for Sonic, Mega Man and a Namco rep to co-exist with each other in the next game.

That being said, I'd be lying if I wasn't very concern about Mega Man this game, especially knowing that this is his likely last shot to ever get in a Smash game.
The problem is both Nintendo and Capcom are acting like two shy kids that have a crush on eachother

Capcom said Mega Man can be in Smash is Nintendo approaches them, and Nintendo said Mega Man can be in Smash if Capcom approaches them.

One of them needs to grow some balls and start wearing the pants of the relationship like a real man!
This is a pretty good description of the relationship between Nintendo and Capcom at the moment. But knowing what happened last time, Mega Man will only happen if Sakurai decides to go after him.

Also, source on where Nintendo said they would allow Mega Man in if Capcom approached them?
Doing a Google search, I found that links to this thread on GameFAQs and NintendoLife (in SSBF's posts' signatures, though.)
I've done that a lot before and it hadn't made the jump it did recently, so I don't think it's just that. Not sure what it is to be honest.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
We know about that. That's why raising fan support is so crucial for Mega Man's inclusion.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Wow, when you put it like that, it makes so much sense. Hopefully one of the companies contacted the other by now.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well I posted a plea on the Mega Man board on Miiverse. Not much but it's something.

Edit: Oh, and here's something for the music.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did Capcom say that anymore games were going to be released on the virtual console after Megaman 1 - Megaman 6? I know I've seen some request for Megaman V, so they might re-release that someday, but I don't know for sure.

D

Deleted member

Did Capcom say that anymore games were going to be released on the virtual console after Megaman 1 - Megaman 6? I know I've seen some request for Megaman V, so they might re-release that someday, but I don't know for sure.
I haven't heard anything about future releases, but hopefully they'll release the rest of the Mega Man Game Boy games.

D

Deleted member

For those who haven't noticed, Shortiecanbrawl has just started a new poll here. This one should be an even more accurate representation of what characters are popular and what aren't (despite the unrepresentative nature of the poll) and since we can't see the results, Shortie will be posting it.

I encourage everyone who is a supporter of Mega Man to vote for him (and well, everyone else you want). Show him your support and get him up to the top!

Here are the results to the 2012 poll (last time I will post them) as of 2061 votes:
1. Mega Man (1109 votes)
2. Mewtwo (998 votes)
3. Ridley (720 votes)
4. King K. Rool (715 votes)
5. Little Mac (700 votes)
6. Waluigi (598 votes)
7. Isaac (579 votes)
8. Bowser Jr. (568 votes)
9. Roy (558 votes)
10. Ghirahim (521 votes)
11. Palutena (509 votes)
12. Chrom (472 votes)
13. Zoroark (458 votes)
14. Krystal (453 votes)
15. Shulk (434 votes)
16. Pac-Man (433 votes)
17. Geno (388 votes)
18. Toad (342 votes)
19. Dixie Kong (293 votes)
20. Takamaru (276 votes)
21. Samurai Goroh (252 votes)
22. Saki Amamiya (243 votes)
23. Bandanna Dee (221 votes)
24. Black Shadow (215 votes)
25. Mona (180 votes)

FourStar

Smash Ace
For those who haven't noticed, Shortiecanbrawl has just started a new poll here. This one should be an even more accurate representation of what characters are popular and what aren't (despite the unrepresentative nature of the poll) and since we can't see the results, Shortie will be posting it.

I encourage everyone who is a supporter of Mega Man to vote for him (and well, everyone else you want). Show him your support and get him up to the top!
DONE

D

Deleted member

Shortie just posted votes for newcomers/veterans as of 160 votes. Here are the results for newcomers (plus cut veterans):

1.Mewtwo (135)

2.Megaman (106)
3.Roy (94)
4.King K. Rool (92)
5.Ridley (91)
6.Little Mac (72)
7.Bowser Junior (69)
8.Palutena (59)
9.Paper Mario (54)
10.Krystal (54)
11.Banjo and Kazooie (54)
12.Chrom (51)
13.Isaac (51)
14.Shulk (50)
15.Waluigi (46)
16.Dixie Kong (44)
17.Samurai Goroh (44)
18.Toad (43)
19.Majora (42)
20.Black Shadow (41)
21.Ghirahim (39)
22.Lyn (39)
23.Second Sonic Character (39)
24.Bomberman (37)
25.Takamaru (36)
26.Dark Samus (35)
27.Castlevania Character (35)
28.King Boo (34)
29.Sixth Gen Pokemon (34)
30.Doc (33)
31.Viewtiful Joe (33)
32.Toon Zelda (32)
33.Final Fantasy Character (31)
34.Pac-Man (30)
35.Rayman (30)
36.Mii (29)
37.Ray MK (29)
38.Balloon Fighter (28)
39.Dillon (28)
40.Saki (28)
41.Pheonix Write (28)
42.Super Mario RPG Character (28)
43.Kamek (27)
44.Crono (27)
45.Anna (26)
46.Medusa (26)
47.Travis Touchdown (26)
48.Rosalina (25)
49.Pokemon Trainer Hoenn (25)
50.Tom Nook (25)
51.Shy Guy (24)
52.Claus / Masked Man (24)
53.Bayonetta (24)
54.Vaati (23)
55.Pokemon Trainer Johto (23)
56.Zoroark (22)
57.Lucina (22)
58.Mona (21)
59.Tetra (21)
60.Wolf Link (21)
61.Plusle & Minun (21)
62.Slippy (21)
63.Tales Character (21)
64.Captain Syrup (20)
65.Young Link (20)
66.Midna (20)
67.Evee / Eveelutions (20)
68.Hector (20)
69.Hades (20)
70.Conker (20)
71.Professor Layton (20)
72.Maxwell of Scribblenauts (20)
73.Black Knight (19)
74.Impa (18)
75.Deoxy (18)
76.Pokemon Trainer Sinnoh (18)
77.Andy of Advanced Wars (18)
78.Daisy (17)
79.Baby Mario & Luigi (17)
80.Ashley (17)
81.Funky Kong (17)
82.Toon Ganondorf (17)
83.Bandana Dee (17)
84.Meowth (17)
85.Pokemon Trainer Kalos (17)
86.Porky (17)
87.Magnus (17)
88.KK Slider (17)
89.Street Fighter Character (17)
90.Second Metal Gear Character (17)
91.Jimmy T (16)
92.Toon Shiek (16)
93.Prince Fluff (16)
94.Eirika (16)
95.Knuckle Joe (15)
96.Kumatora (15)
97.Viridi (15)
98.AC Villager (15)
99.Classis Link (14)
100.Tingle (14)
101.Sylux (14)
102.Peppy (14)
103.Ephraim (14)
104.Mach Rider (14)
105.Ryu Hayabusa (14)
106.Fawful (13)
107.Robin FE Avatar (13)
108.Alex of Golden Sun (13)
109.Captain Rainbow (13)
110.Elite Beat Agents (13)
111.Genesect (12)
112.Mew (12)
113.Pokemon Trainer N (12)
114.Pokemon Trainer Villain (12)
115.Ninten (12)
116.Aeron (12)
117.Felix (12)
118.Lip (12)
119.Sukapon (12)
120.Kat and Ana (11)
121.Lanky Kong (11)
122.Adeliene (11)
123.Pichu (11)
124.Jeff (11)
125.Poo (11)
126.Duck Hunt Dog (11)
127.Tempo (11)
128.Baby Bowser (10)
129.Cranky Kong (10)
130.Blood Falcon (10)
131.Tiki (10)
132.Tekken Character (10)
133.Phantom Zelda (9)
134.Pokemon Champion Cynthia (9)
135.Eliwood (9)
136.Tharja (9)
137.Fiora (9)
138.Muddy Mole (9)
139.Reyn (9)
140.Zael (9)
141.Battletoad (9)
142.KOS – MOS (9)
143.Yarn Kirby (8)
144.Caeda (8)
145.Micaiah (8)
146.Walhart (8)
147.Flint (8)
148.Eggplant Wizard (8)
149.Captain N (8)
150.Captain Quartet (8)
151.Excited Biker (8)
152.Jill Dozer (8)
153.Louie (8)
154.Dragon Quest Character (8)
155.Sora (8)
156.Soul Calibur Character (8)
157.NO THIRD PARTY CHARACTERS (8)
158.Yarn Yoshi (7)
159.Marx (7)
160.Darkrai (7)
161.Gardevior (7)
162.Anthony Higgs (7)
163.Leon (7)
164.Dunban (7)
165.Isa Jo (7)
166.Mallo (7)
167.Deathborn (6)
168.Paula (6)
169.Mike Jones (6)
170.Tiki Tong (5)
171.Groose (5)
172.Jody Summer (5)
173.Ana (5)
174.Alex Roivas (5)
175.Ashley Robbins (5)
176.Calista (5)
177.Matthew (5)
178.Sakura Samurai (5)
179.Pico (4)
180.Elincia (4)
181.Leaf (4)
182.Sigurd (4)
183.Guygas (4)
184.Alice of Balloon Kid (4)
185.Bubbles (4)
186.Prince Sable (4)
187.Orublon (3)
188.Shake King (3)
189.Kiddie Kong (3)
190.Gooey (3)
191.Andross (3)
192.Panther (3)
193.Celice (3)
194.Heracles (3)
195.Hunter of Fossil Fighter (3)
196.Kyle Hyde (3)
197.Resident Evil Character (3)
198.Stanley the Bugman (2)
199.Daroach (2)
200.Magolor (2)
201.Meloetta (2)
202.Dr. Stewart (2)
203.Narbarl (2)
204.Soren (2)
205.Hero of Magic Starsign (2)
206.John Raimi (2)
207.Labrador / Tabby (2)
208.Prince Richard (2)
209.Donkey Kong Junior (1)
210.Demille (1)
211.Dr Write (1)
212.Lark (1)
213.Ryuta (1)
214.Urban Champion (1)
215.Welt (1)
216.Ayumi Tachibana (0)
217.Ryoti Hayami (0)
218.Tamagon (0)
The poll has just started, so we can't assume anything yet, but it is a good start for the Blue Bomber and he gets to retain his "Most Wanted Newcomer" status (not counting Melee veterans here). For the sake of comparison, Brawl veterans as well:
1.Link (152)

2.Kirby (152)
3.Captain Falcon (152)
4.Fox (151)
5.Mario (150)
6.Luigi (150)
7.Donkey Kong (150)
8.Pikachu (150)
9.Yoshi (149)
10.Zelda (149)
11.Ganondorf (148)
12.Samus (148)
13.Ness (147)
14.Bowser (146)
15.Peach (145)
16.Marth (143)
17.Pit (142)
18.Wario (140)
19.King Dedede (139)
20.Shiek (138)
21.Ice Climbers (138)
22.Diddy Kong (137)
23.Falco (136)
24.Game and Watch (136)
25.Meta Knight (131)
26.Lucas (127)
27.Sonic (127)
28.Zero Suit (125)
29.Snake (123)
30.Jigglypuff (122)
31.Olimar (122)
32.Wolf (111)
33.Ike (110)
34.Pokemon Trainer Kanto (105)
35.ROB (100)
36.Toon Link (83)
37.Lucario (70)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I dunno why, but if I ever made a simple reskin for Megaman X, I would use Fox instead of Samus. I just think his fighting style fits Megaman X well. Also I voted on the new poll so, yeah. Go Megaman!
That's a good point, he'd fit the size, frame, animations, and style of Fox better. They'd dash in the same way and X holds his blaster arm with both hands like Fox does with his gun. I think the obstacle in that though is that maybe it's hard to model around Fox's gun? Not much work was put into the Mega Man hack compared to the Zero one. Zero's actually pretty dang cool with its custom moveset and... laser spear? I don't know the later X games very well.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's a good point, he'd fit the size, frame, animations, and style of Fox better. They'd dash in the same way and X holds his blaster arm with both hands like Fox does with his gun. I think the obstacle in that though is that maybe it's hard to model around Fox's gun? Not much work was put into the Mega Man hack compared to the Zero one. Zero's actually pretty dang cool with its custom moveset and... laser spear? I don't know the later X games very well.
Zero had used a spear in the Zero series and Megaman X8. As for Fox being used for Megaman X's model, another reason it could work is that the Fox Fire similar to the Nova Strike and Speed Burner, well if it's used straight forward that is. And for some reason I think that the Fox Illusion and Reflector seem like moves you could see a Megaman character could using in a fight. I wonder who would make a good fit for an Axl reskin, better yet who could work as a good Vile reskin? I've seen a couple custom Megaman/Megaman X movesets but, they still need a little bit of tuning up. Aside from that, it's still better than what I could probably do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom