• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

hed just be a samus clone :/
That'd defeat the purpose of him getting in. Mega Man being a full-on clone of Samus is not happening and even being a semi-clone is highly unlikely.

I invite you to read my counterargument to this argument and read some move sets I've posted (especially the one by ChronoBound and thekewlusername).

FourStar

Smash Ace
about him being fast faller:
he would be a fast faller like falco and fox. interesting fact about the star fox characters is that if you notice, fox and Falco's legs are actually made of metal. don't believe me? look at their trophies from melee. their metal legs are what make them fast fallers. with this being said it is clear megaman will definately be a fast faller. just wanted to share that with the world. :pikachu:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Size, weight, speed, none of it has a realistic basis. They're all byproducts of playstyle and balance for the most part.

He probably WOULD be a fast faller, but only because that's what he does in the Mega Man games. Like how Samus is floaty.

FourStar

Smash Ace
Size, weight, speed, none of it has a realistic basis. They're all byproducts of playstyle and balance for the most part.

He probably WOULD be a fast faller, but only because that's what he does in the Mega Man games. Like how Samus is floaty.
but you also got incorporate gameplay factors from the actual game. now of course star fox you were just flying so it was a guess. and that's where what i was talking about their legs being metal made themm fastfallers. in megaman, he is fastfaller in the games, therefore incorporating factors of him being metal and him being fastfaller in the games, he will probably be a fastfaller

D

Deleted member

HylianHeroBigBoss said:
Something ive always thought about when thinking of megamans inclusion was how megaman would look in smash bros, not which design they would use, but rather how would they handle the metal on his body. Would it have a metalic sheen like samus' armor or would it be like a flat matte color? I think the somewhat shiny metal look could be pretty cool for the dark blue areas, since as weve seen with brawls art style realistic details often make them look even cooler than they did before.
I'm hoping for a metallic sheen much like the one seen on the new life-sized statue of Mega Man that's going to be shown at E3.
ChronoBound said:
The one thing I am glad about in regards to Mega Man is that his 25th anniversary is this year. If not for that, I would feel much more dour about his prospects of being confirmed at E3 2013. He really has that going for him as well as being among the Top 3 most wanted characters for Smash 4.

The only reason I could see for Sakurai holding him back is:
1. Not wanting for Mega Man to take attention away from another third-party character has planned.
2. Wanting to save Mega Man for later one in order to boost hype just a bit more a month or two prior to Smash 4's release.
Assuming Mega Man is in Smash, whenever or not he does get shown at E3 depends on if we get one or two new third-parties. If we get just one new third-party (and that one being Mega Man), I'm confident that he'll be shown off at E3. However, if there are two new third-parties, I expect Mega Man to be held back for a Dojo reveal.
I figure he's either going to be shown off at E3 or he's not in the game. That goes for any third party, at least at this point.
We shouldn't absolutely rule out Mega Man's appearance in the next Smash if he fails to show up at E3. If we were to get two new third-parties (and one of them being Mega Man), Mega Man will probably be held back for a Dojo reveal. I doubt Sonic and Snake will be in the E3 trailer if they return as I would imagine they would focus on a new third-party. Even if no new third-party shows up at E3 (disregarding possible showing by Snake and/or Sonic), that doesn't rule out the possibility of us getting a new third-party and we would quickly find out whenever or not Sakurai is planning on bringing more.
SmashChu said:
The thing you have to remember that third party characters are not Nintendo characters, so you can't apply the same criteria. Even though Megaman is one of the most popular characters, it may not be enough to warrant his inclusion. Sakurai is pretty set on making the content "Nintendo." so he's pretty selective. Even Sonic was held back until the last year of development, and Megaman is not Sonic popular. Given, he has the best chances out of the third party guys. Well, carry on......
I see where you're coming from, although I do want to comment on the bolded.

We have to remember that when Brawl's roster was mostly solidified on July, 2005, Sonic was not anywhere near the crazy height he got to. Back then, Sonic didn't even reach the Top 10 in popularity, so there was no way Sonic was going to be in at the time. E3 2006 came and almost instantly he became the most wanted character for Brawl by a large margin. His popularity became so large that Sakurai had to include him to satisfy the fans (thanks to a poll) and beat an increasingly closing deadline to add last-minute characters (possibly even costing us Mewtwo and Roy). The reason why Sonic was added so late probably had more to do with insufficient popularity to be added as a third-party before E3 2006 rolled around.

Not that Mega Man is as likely as Sonic was in Brawl, but one advantage that Mega Man has is that if he does get in, Sakurai won't have to worry about adding him as an incredibly late addition like Sonic; he would be in from the start. I think part (although definitely not all) of the reason why Snake and Sonic were so hard to fit in was Snake's very unconventional nature (especially in comparison to Sonic and Mega Man) and Sonic barely getting in due to the floodgate of popularity coming in so late (forcing Sakurai to rush him). While Mega Man will still be an extremely difficult character to fit in due to the nature of being a third-party, I do think that he will have an easier time since he would fit in much better with Nintendo than Snake ever would and won't have to be an incredibly late addition.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
random thought. say they put megaman. do you guys think he would be hella good or suck?
There's no way to really tell. Although I have a feeling he would be high mid tier.

D

Deleted member

@Oasis_S: It's pretty ironic how Mega Man looks lightweight to us, yet is actually pretty heavy. I'd imagine that Mega Man would be in the upper mid tier of weight because of his weight and also slightly slower than Mario.
megaman will be revelaed at E3. JUST WATCH
We can only hope at this point. The main reason why I want Mega Man confirmed at E3 is to avoid a possible war between third-parties and this is one war I do not want to fight in.
FourStar said:
except Megaman was made by capcom which doesn't make games for NIntendo anymore. I THINK
Capcom did release Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii-U, which is recent.
Sooo... which megaman appearance do you think he'll take after in SSB4?
My money's on either Classic or X. Which one it would be, however, is much harder to ask.

FourStar

Smash Ace
@Oasis_S: It's pretty ironic how Mega Man looks lightweight to us, yet is actually pretty heavy. I'd imagine that Mega Man would be in the upper mid tier of weight because of his weight and also slightly slower than Mario.We can only hope at this point. The main reason why I want Mega Man confirmed at E3 is to avoid a possible war between third-parties and this is one war I do not want to fight in.Capcom did release Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii-U, which is recent.My money's on either Classic or X. Which one it would be, however, is much harder to ask.
but at E3 i feel like smash bros will overshadow a lot of the other games of the whole show so i feel like if megaman is realeased as a character the place is going to go ape ****

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I'm assuming Megaman would be a mid weight not heavy. I think he's going to be around Links speed with some abilities for quick bursts of speed such as his slide or dash depending on what Megaman they go with.

As for the charge shot I've always said the best way to balance it out would be to treat Megaman's charge shot the same way it's done in the Megaman games. Hold down the B button to charge it. It doesn't store like Samus and lucario's shots if you let go of the B button it shoots that's it. I would like to think you can still run and jump while holding B but you can't attack if you hit A you lose the charge and just attack. Same goes for if you're hit, if you're hit while holding the B button you lose the charge shot. I think that is a good idea for Megaman's charge shot and obviously just tapping B fires off the lemons like always and they do 1-2 damage maybe some knock back maybe none like Fox's lazer I'm not sure which whatever is better for balancing I suppose and I would also like to think that with the lemons he can only shoot three at a time like in the games so the buster is not wretchedly spam-able.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm actually would be disappointed if X got in over Mega Man

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Mega Man's lore better, but X has better moves and gameplay.

That would kind of be the opposite of what I like.

Though in Mega Man and Bass I DID play as Bass because he had more of the X style gameplay

X's lore is just melodramatic though. Mega Man's lighthearted nature is more fun

D

Deleted member

but at E3 i feel like smash bros will overshadow a lot of the other games of the whole show so i feel like if megaman is realeased as a character the place is going to go ape ****
I think if Ridley, Little Mac and Mega Man are all revealed at E3 this year, the site will crash due to the insane amount of hype these three characters would bring.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently Little Mac is a widely wanted character, but I haven't really seen anyone hyped for him

D

Deleted member

Add in Mewtwo and King K Rool to that list.
Yeah they would create a ton of hype for the game as well, although I doubt they will be shown at E3 (I expect King K. Rool to be a Dojo reveal while Mewtwo remains an unlockable).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I could see Megaman being about as fast as Mario. If not a little slower, since y'know he's a robot and everything. He should also have slightly higher than average falling speed for the same reason. But to make for that he'd probably would have extra weight, so he's a bit harder to knockout.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I liked Megaman in Super Flash 2 (although he may be a little overpowered). In Super Smash Crusade, he feels terrible.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I liked Megaman in Super Flash 2 (although he may be a little overpowered). In Super Smash Crusade, he feels terrible.
The fact he uses a wide variety of weapons from various Classic Mega Man games made him true to his character and playstyle. Make him like that in SSB4, but try to avoid a "Meta Knight situation".

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah, Megaman was really awesome in Super Smash Flash 2. Though more of his normal attacks could've borrowed from Marvel vs Capcom. But that's just how felt about it, seeing as how I'm not too keen on long ranged normal attacks.

D

Deleted member

Apparently Little Mac is a widely wanted character, but I haven't really seen anyone hyped for him
Probably has more to do with Little Mac having a very quiet fan base overall than an "expected, but not wanted attitude".
Knowing Sakurai he will likely look like X but have Megaman Classics moves.
Do not want. If X gets in, his moves should be inspired from the X games and if Classic gets in, the moves should be taken from the Classic games.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to wait and see until the game gets fully released before I give my thoughts on Mega Man in Super Smash Flash 2. That is, if Mega Man isn't confirmed at E3 by the time the final version is finally released.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I'm going to wait and see until the game gets fully released before I give my thoughts on Mega Man in Super Smash Flash 2. That is, if Mega Man isn't confirmed at E3 by the time the final version is finally released.
Well give it either way because we won't really know Megaman's full potential in Smash 4 if he is confirmed until the game comes out.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
Any notice that Megaman will be in Smash Bros?
By the way, how must be the megaman emblem in Smash Bros?

And one thing:
Make him like that in SSB4, but try to avoid a "Meta Knight situation".
What do you mean? That Megaman will be the same moves from Meta Knight or something?

D

Deleted member

Any notice that Megaman will be in Smash Bros?

And one thing:

What do you mean? That Megaman will be the same moves from Meta Knight or something?
There hasn't been anything in regards to Mega Man being confirmed for Smash 4, although Sakurai has mention that a Capcom rep (probably referring to Mega Man) as "it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility".
Robert zampari said:
He's referring to Mega Man being overpowered like Meta-Knight was.
Roberto zampari said:
It'll probably be Mega Man's helmet.

Edit: Look like dedekong made this thread in order stereotype Mega Man fans in a bad light. Pretty humorous how dedekong fails as hard as he does at hiding his intentions for making threads like these.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Knowing Sakurai he will likely look like X but have Megaman Classics moves.
Um, why exactly? I mean the closest something like that could work out well is if Megaman X would have his A attacks similar to Megaman's in Marvel vs Capcom. But if you're talking special attacks, then no. Megaman X would just use weapons from his games.

FourStar

Smash Ace
you know with all the speculation about megaman i feel like it would be appropraite for some to do a breakdown of his moveset for everyone. PLEASE? and not me cuz i don't know too much about megaman

volbound1700

Smash Master
Um, why exactly? I mean the closest something like that could work out well is if Megaman X would have his A attacks similar to Megaman's in Marvel vs Capcom. But if you're talking special attacks, then no. Megaman X would just use weapons from his games.
I was more teasing about how Sakurai sometimes gives us oddities with characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom