• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mega Man in SSB Wii-U and 3DS Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
X's default double-tap dash is basically Fox's side special. It'd work out well.

I didn't even know there were Zero games, man. I don't think I've really played any Mega Man games that weren't on the NES or SNES. Looks like Mega Man got some pretty cool designs after I stopped playing.

In any case, I'm pretty sure if Mega got in, his primary design would be his Classic appearance. That's the one most closely associated with Nintendo for sure. It'd be awesome if he got tons of alternate costumes, though!

FourStar

Smash Ace
I LOVE ZERO
omg if he was in the game i will literally drop pikachu for like a month straight. but then i will go back of course cuz pika's my boy :pikachu2:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
X's default double-tap dash is basically Fox's side special. It'd work out well.

I didn't even know there were Zero games, man. I don't think I've really played any Mega Man games that weren't on the NES or SNES. Looks like Mega Man got some pretty cool designs after I stopped playing.

In any case, I'm pretty sure if Mega got in, his primary design would be his Classic appearance. That's the one most closely associated with Nintendo for sure. It'd be awesome if he got tons of alternate costumes, though!
Yeah, I personally think that Megaman X and Megaman Starforce had the coolest character designs. I'm not too fond of the Zero art style though. My personal favorite Megaman design of all is Megaman X's suit in Megaman X Command Mission.
I really hope that this design is used again someday.

D

Deleted member

I'd like to see Mega Man uses alternate costume of his counterpartner as well.

Not necessarily the characters are alternates of Mega Man, but that Mega Man would have designs from those games to fit him. Meaning that X's armor could be modified to fit him (and if X got in, he could have an alternate costume where the Classic armor modified to fit X).

PressStart

Smash Cadet
Thanks a bunch for the Shortiecanbrawl poll information, Super Smash Bros. Fan! I made a new post for it on the MM4SB website.

Getting closer to E3... we'll soon find out the game's real name!

FourStar

Smash Ace
Thanks a bunch for the Shortiecanbrawl poll information, Super Smash Bros. Fan! I made a new post for it on the MM4SB website.

Getting closer to E3... we'll soon find out the game's real name!
i wonder what stage would be used if megaman is in the game?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Well there's the Robot Museum, Dr. Light's Lab, Dr. Wily's Fortress, Central Highway, Kattleox Island, and the Internet(Battle Network series)

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Robot Museum would in theory be the most ideal choice considering it can best show the toning of a Mega Man game by demonstrating the varies themes often associated with the Robot Masters. Kind of like the version used in Mega Man & Bass where you traveled through varies rooms based around different stages throughout the series.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Robot Museum seems pretty ideal, considering the huge variety of robot masters within the series. Possibly another Pokemon Stadium-styled stage? I'd certainly be fine with it. Alternatively, Central Highway is definitely one of the most memorable levels in the whole franchise, and would be a good way for representing Mega Man beyond just the Classic series.

I'd be honored to be on the supporter list, if you guys are still doing that. Honestly, there isn't no good why Mega Man shouldn't be the 3rd party character of choice in SSB4.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Does anybody have an idea if 3rd party inclusions become more expensive if you include more things like other character cameos? There's a chance that having a stage like the Robot Museum could get seriously costly if it shows every Classic Mega Man character.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Does anybody have an idea if 3rd party inclusions become more expensive if you include more things like other character cameos? There's a chance that having a stage like the Robot Museum could get seriously costly if it shows every Classic Mega Man character.
Hmm, chances are that a mere cameo shouldn't cost extra if the playable character already shows up. And they wouldn't need to show every character either. But I wouldn't be surprised that a stage in itself would cost a little extra. I just doubt the nickle and dime-ing per character cameo.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
It all depends on how much effort they're willing/able to put into modeling. On the Sonic Franchise they Modeled Green Hill Zone, Sonic himself and Gave Tails, Shadow, Knuckles and Silver more detailed skin so it's not impossible but the key here is that Sonic's cast already had 3D models. The only time Classic Mega Man appeared in 3D he was done is chibi-kawaii-desu style for the PSP game, Megaman Powered Up. They've recreated Pit and the Ice Climbers in 3D so hopefully they get Mega Man in early and have a lot of time to model it all.

Roberto zampari

Smash Journeyman
I don't made those comics, i found it in deviantart. Those comics are very funny about Megaman in Smash Bros 4: They used the robot masters to fight against the sandbag. Check this:

Part 1

Part 2

Final

Do you think that put robot masters in Smash Bros 4 is a bad idea?

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
Unless they make Gutsman an Assist Trophy, who is the only robot master with enough notability to have a role above the other 79+ robot masters, I don't see robot masters being anything other than just trophies and stickers.

Unless, of course, Robot Museum is Mega Man's stage, in which case they can be littered throughout the stage.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
With a stage I'm still not sure what to exactly bet on. Wily's Castle makes the most sense, but it changes each game so there's no consistency to go off of.

Personally I've been playing around with the idea of a stage called "Year 20XX" in which you switch back and forth between the original Robot Master stages (Cut/Guts/Ice/Bomb/Fire/Elec) Castle Siege style.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
If they make a Mega Man assist trophy, I think it'd probably be Proto Man.

In Adventure mode, I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of the Met enemies.

D

Deleted member

Not sure. I'd say that Wily's Castle and Robot Museum are the two most likely addition, with me leaning towards Wily's Castle (though I'd much prefer Robot Museum). If we get X, Central Highway is pretty much guarantee.
God's Robert Cousin said:
I'd be honored to be on the supporter list, if you guys are still doing that. Honestly, there isn't no good why Mega Man shouldn't be the 3rd party character of choice in SSB4.
Adding you to the list now. Looking forward to seeing you post more.

And yeah, Mega Man is the best they come for third-parties.
Guybrush20X6 said:
It all depends on how much effort they're willing/able to put into modeling. On the Sonic Franchise they Modeled Green Hill Zone, Sonic himself and Gave Tails, Shadow, Knuckles and Silver more detailed skin so it's not impossible but the key here is that Sonic's cast already had 3D models. The only time Classic Mega Man appeared in 3D he was done is chibi-kawaii-desu style for the PSP game, Megaman Powered Up. They've recreated Pit and the Ice Climbers in 3D so hopefully they get Mega Man in early and have a lot of time to model it all.
I've forgotten about that. Chances are that's going to be very expensive to do, which makes me lean even more towards Mega Man being planned early on if at all. I really don't think a last-minute addition can be pulled with Mega Man.
I don't made those comics, i found it in deviantart. Those comics are very funny about Megaman in Smash Bros 4: They used the robot masters to fight against the sandbag. Check this:

Part 1

Part 2

Final

Do you think that put robot masters in Smash Bros 4 is a bad idea?
Pretty funny commentary. Mind linking to the pictures so I can put them in the fan section and give them credit for the comic?
--- said:
Personally I've been playing around with the idea of a stage called "Year 20XX" in which you switch back and forth between the original Robot Master stages (Cut/Guts/Ice/Bomb/Fire/Elec) Castle Siege style.
I think if they did that, I'd rather they do that with all ten games (for example, Metal Man as the Mega Man 2 stage, Snake Man as the Mega Man 3 stage, and Splash Woman with the Mega Man 9 stage).

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think if they did that, I'd rather they do that with all ten games (for example, Metal Man as the Mega Man 2 stage, Snake Man as the Mega Man 3 stage, and Splash Woman with the Mega Man 9 stage).
Did have an idea similar to that for my Wily's Castle concept back on the old thread. Not sure if I still want to use it anymore though, it was just way too complicated. For the part the idea that I just mentioned is a simplified version of it.

Out of curiosity should any possible stage be rendered with 8bit graphics similar to MM8Bit Death Match, completely redone like in Powered Up, or have a mix like Green Hill Zone (Brawl)?

D

Deleted member

Did have an idea similar to that for my Wily's Castle concept back on the old thread. Not sure if I still want to use it anymore though, it was just way too complicated. For the part the idea that I just mentioned is a simplified version of it.

Out of curiosity should any possible stage be rendered with 8bit graphics similar to MM8Bit Death Match, completely redone like in Powered Up, or have a mix like Green Hill Zone (Brawl)?
I'd want to see the stage completely redone with 3D visuals. Part of the hype surrounding Mega Man's inclusion is that the world of Mega Man would be taken into 3D.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I want a full 3D stage but I see it been done like the Mushroom Kingdom stages in Melee

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just wanted to share this, simply because I love this guy's work, but here's an orchestral remix of Dr. Wily's theme.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If they make a Mega Man assist trophy, I think it'd probably be Proto Man.

In Adventure mode, I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of the Met enemies.
The Sniper Joe series could also appear as enemies too.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
These are classic enemies, definitely. And those bat-orb creatures! I would love to see some Robot Masters as adventure mode bosses too... that'd be awesome.

Do you guys think it'd be possible to have Bass as an alternate costume? He already has so many things to pick from, but I always liked Bass a lot.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
These are classic enemies, definitely. And those bat-orb creatures! I would love to see some Robot Masters as adventure mode bosses too... that'd be awesome.

Do you guys think it'd be possible to have Bass as an alternate costume? He already has so many things to pick from, but I always liked Bass a lot.
Bass is definitely a possible costume choice for Megaman. Same for Protoman. Though I would personally prefer if one of the other Megamen where to be chosen as his alt costume. Or his normal clothes or something like that. As for bosses, If I had to be realistic I would bet on the Yellow Devil or one of its incarnations. Or that Robot Dragon from Megaman 2. Though it'd be cool to fight the likes of Shadowman, Fireman, Tornadoman and other robot Masters.

D

Deleted member

Just wanted to share this, simply because I love this guy's work, but here's an orchestral remix of Dr. Wily's theme.

Pretty good. I'll make sure to put this up in the OP. I could see a mix of orchastra and rock used in the remixes.
Robert zampari said:
WHICH MEGAMAN BOSSES COULD BE INCLUDED IN THE STORY MODE?

1)Yellow Devil
2)Mecha Dragon
3)Wily Machine
4)Several Robot Masters (must be the fighting polygon team)
I'm thinking Dr. Wily being one of the bosses would make sense.
---
Okay, so I was looking at some articles in regards to Street Fighter X Mega Man's development, but haven't found anything that would keep it from being easily as refuted as PsychoIncarnate did. Pretty frustrating since I have to discuss Street Fighter X Mega Man in some fashion, yet it wasn't enough.

Perhaps I can mention that Capcom of Japan would have not allowed the project to go on if they hated the franchise? It's not great, but might be something. Also, has there been any indication that Capcom of America has sent the amount of downloads to Capcom of Japan and has COJ mentioned anything about Street Fighter X Mega Man?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yellow Devil and the Mecha Dragon would make great mini-bosses.

Actually, anything from Mega Man classic or X would make great mini-bosses (because everything Mega Mans fits SO WELL in Smash Bros).

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
My idea for a stage is the Mecha Dragon Fight from Mega Man 2 with larger respawning platforms. If the dragon was in 3D that would be the best thing ever but it could work as a giant sprite for nostalgia.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
My idea for a stage is the Mecha Dragon Fight from Mega Man 2 with larger respawning platforms. If the dragon was in 3D that would be the best thing ever but it could work as a giant sprite for nostalgia.
Ooh, that could be rather different. I probably wouldn't play on the stage too often, but it'd be a fun stage to have. Tons of aerial play.

FourStar

Smash Ace
megaman i think would really help in the story mode. just nothing can go wrong with megaman in the story

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
megaman i think would really help in the story mode. just nothing can go wrong with megaman in the story
alright, what if megaman's circuts were re-programmed into a bad guy, and someone had to upload his old self back into him?

wait... that's awesome!

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, that definitely seems like something that could happen in a story mode scenario... Dr. Eggman (Sonic's robot-obsessed villain) could hack into Mega Man, R.O.B., Metal Gear, and Samus's power suit and create a little army. Zero Suit Samus would have to team up with Solid Snake to infiltrate enemy lines and recover the hacked robots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom