• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Lucas Thread (Special Moves Included) *Mother 3 Spoilers*

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey Fawriel! I totally called Wolf having a more feral moveset than Fox or Falco! Have you seen the latest vids? I still don't think he's a clone, lol.

And yeah, come on people, the tail of PK thunder is huge?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yeah, yeah. Okay. Wolf is fine in my book.
Now I hate Falco with a passion, though.

And, it is. I think I saw Lucas hit someone with it pretty dead-on, yet it wasn't canceled out.. might not have looked close enough, though. I try not to pay TOO much attention to videos in order to keep myself relatively unspoiled? Does that make sense?

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
it should be obvious to anyone with the common sense of a walnut shell that Ness is replaced by Lucas.

first off, it's redundant to have both of them in Brawl, since they're are practically the same character, except Lucas has more style.

second, why would Ness have the new moveset, when they could have given one to Lucas instead? Ness already HAD a moveset. the fans already KNEW how he looked in battle. why would Sakurai suddenly fu*k with them, and change their preception of Ness? thats right! HE WOULDN'T! seriously, Sakurai isn't an idiot! he's not just going to suddenly change a character completely, JUST so they can keep a character that doesn't need to be there anymore...

...and I'm not even going to touch Onett, because it's a stupid reason... at that point your just digging for stuff to keep your hopes up...

conclusion: Ness is out. it's a logical fact. stop living in denial...
Your statement has been proven irrelevant. Don't get me wrong; I thought Ness would be an alternate Lucas costume. The truth is, we didn't really know anything until the game was released (in Japan). Oh, and trying to apply logic to a creative endeavor like a video game isn't always the wisest thing. Apparently, artistic license trumps all logic in the case of Brawl. What's more, humans are inherently irrational and should rarely be held entirely to the standards of logical behavior. History has taught us (apparently not you) this much.

There are many logical reasons one could use to argue that Ness would return, but none of them matter now that the matter is settled. Onett as a returning stage and the very mention of Ness in Lucas's Dojo update now seem much more deliberate, but who really cares at this point.

@Fawriel: We would gladly show more passion if the boards wouldn't crash every 5 minutes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
@Fawriel: We would gladly show more passion if the boards wouldn't crash every 5 minutes.
Tell me about it! The forums kept fainting on me for these last few days, preventing me from making posts and logging out! :mad:

BTW, did anyone notice that Ness' official artwork illustration is similar to the one he had for Earthbound and the original SSB?

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm avoiding the main forum right now so idk if it's already posted somewhere else, but does anyone have a link to a video of PK starstorm in action?

Much appreciated if so. :D

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Probably the two coolest things about Lucas right now is that his PK Thunder can hit the opponent multiple times, and that his Psi Magnet does damage.

Serpit

Smash Journeyman
Vienna, Austria, Europe, Earth, Milky Way
Up-Smash is my new most awesomest favouritest move ever.

He pulls a friggin needle out of the ground and unleashes PSI energy above him. It actually covers more horizontal distance than his F-Smash and is super-powerful... Sadly, it's slow with a lot of lag afterwards. Still, awesome Smash, mainly 'cause it is a very ncie transition of an element of Mother 3.

Near

Smash Cadet
Nice reason for Lucas having PK Starstorm.. NOT.
In Mother 3, this move was used by Lucas's traveling companion, Princess Kumatora
As Ness learned this move from Poo, Princess Kumatora taught Lucas when he learned he would appear in Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Nice reason for Lucas having PK Starstorm.. NOT.
They pulled that stupid excuse with Ness in Melee. If you ask me, it's a cop out because Sakurai couldn't get creative with either Ness or Lucas. Anyway, is that even in the trophies or is that off a Wiki? If Sakurai wanted someone to use this move, he should've let Poo and Kuma-hime use it instead.

Near

Smash Cadet
They pulled that stupid excuse with Ness in Melee. If you ask me, it's a cop out because Sakurai couldn't get creative with either Ness or Lucas. Anyway, is that even in the trophies or is that off a Wiki? If Sakurai wanted someone to use this move, he should've let Poo and Kuma-hime use it instead.
It's in Lucas' SSBB trophy if I'm not wrong.

Lucas is breaking the fourth wall. Naughty boy.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's in Lucas' SSBB trophy if I'm not wrong.

Lucas is breaking the fourth wall. Naughty boy.
If this is true, then I'm guessing that Ness mugged Poo of his Starstorm since he ***** and mugged Paula for the other PSI. This must mean that Lucas has a hidden personality if he did the same thing, if not similar, to Kuma-hime.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
If this is true, then I'm guessing that Ness mugged Poo of his Starstorm since he ***** and mugged Paula for the other PSI. This must mean that Lucas has a hidden personality if he did the same thing, if not similar, to Kuma-hime.
You may be onto something. After all, both Lucas and Ness learn PSI magnet, which has always been an ability that steals MP. If used at full power, it can probably steal entire techniques, too!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You may be onto something. After all, both Lucas and Ness learn PSI magnet, which has always been an ability that steals MP. If used at full power, it can probably steal entire techniques, too!
Here's the problem with that theory. Paula and Kumatora learn that move, not Ness and Lucas. My mugging theory is more likely than that. Come to think of it, isn't PSI, in MOTHER3, learned first by a specific fever? I remember Kuma-hime had that when I was reading a translation guide since I don't have the game yet.

Or Sakurai simply was not creative enough for a moveset for these guys.

Anyway, I'll still be maining Lucas and pretend I'm maining Kumatora or Claus.

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
What about Ness? You're not maining him?
Anyways, you saying that Ness mugged Paula and Poo of their PSI moves was complete bull****. At least Melee came up with a valid reason on why Ness knows PSI moves he never done in the original game. Another thing, stop brown nosing Kumatora by calling her Kuma-hime (Princess Bear, WTF?) , also have you even bought MOTHER 3 yet?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'll probably main Ness, but Lucas seems better out of the videos I've seen. As for that theory, I'm not even serious with that. I know the stupid reason they gave for Ness and Lucas.

How can I be brown nosing a fictional character. Besides, I don't see anything wrong calling her that when she is a princess. As for buying the game, I'm giving Nintendo a few more months before I give in. I'm hoping Ness and Lucas (since Ness' inclusion in Melee did nothing for MOTHER 1+2) can pull off a Fire Emblem.

Top Bottom