• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Yeah, and Frost has a youtube video dated like 22 days ago. Its him practicing chain-grabbing. He doesn't have it mastered. Lain's definitely better.
I am pretty shure Lain is a lot better than frost. But I have never brawled him. i brawled frost a week ago and It seems that he had mastered it. I don't know, but i guess he was not too good at the chaingrabs 22 days ago.

lain

Smash Master
I had it down alright at that time, but that was a month ago. Since then I've gone to Canada and gotten 3rd, the next biwekly 2nd, and then Chicago with a nice 1st place :D

I can definitely do it every time now. Have you not seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-rUKGJVvZg
^^ btw okay i admit i miss a COUPLE.

sincerely stalked,
:colorful:

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I had it down alright at that time, but that was a month ago. Since then I've gone to Canada and gotten 3rd, the next biwekly 2nd, and then Chicago with a nice 1st place :D

I can definitely do it every time now. Have you not seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-rUKGJVvZg
^^ btw okay i admit i miss a COUPLE.

sincerely stalked,
:colorful:
Thats not creepy at all.... Why does my Marth suck so much. I can't use him at all even if my puff *****.

illinialex24

Smash Hero

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
What are you talking about. That was lain vs. NoJ
It was Niko's vid.

Lain seems pretty good. I would say about a half or a fourth and a half better than Frost. Lin would really **** frost lol xD. the only thing is hee seems too grounded and kind of sheild slide camps until he lands a grab. Thats a pretty broken meta game but I dont main the ICs so I wouldnt know for shure. Frost can use the alternating throws, except he does it a bit slower, and he messes up every 2 times or so. It seems he hasnt mastered that one yet. But he does great in the single and f-air spike chain grab.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
It was Niko's vid.

Lain seems pretty good. I would say about a half or a fourth and a half better than Frost. Lin would really **** frost lol xD. the only thing is hee seems too grounded and kind of sheild slide camps until he lands a grab. Thats a pretty broken meta game but I dont main the ICs so I wouldnt know for shure. Frost can use the alternating throws, except he does it a bit slower, and he messes up every 2 times or so. It seems he hasnt mastered that one yet. But he does great in the single and f-air spike chain grab.
So, Niko seems awesome. Starting a combo video with a bowl is always a good idea.

PND

Smash Champion
That's my Falcon to a T.

I won't be making it back on the level, but you won't either.

Also, I had a Bird of Prey match last weekend. Bo3, my Falcon versus my crewmate's Falco. (Everyone in my crew plays Falco, even the ones who ***** about his campyness. Everyone in my crew also plays Falcon. Because he's awesome. It's kind of strange, really.)

I lost, but only barely. Falcon is too good, he just gets camped and chain grabbed to hell. :p

But I won in coolness. Knee out of illusion. Trufax.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
That's my Falcon to a T.

I won't be making it back on the level, but you won't either.

Also, I had a Bird of Prey match last weekend. Bo3, my Falcon versus my crewmate's Falco. (Everyone in my crew plays Falco, even the ones who ***** about his campyness. Everyone in my crew also plays Falcon. Because he's awesome. It's kind of strange, really.)

I lost, but only barely. Falcon is too good, he just gets camped and chain grabbed to hell. :p

But I won in coolness. Knee out of illusion. Trufax.
Nice, thats epic. And I'm gonna post the Corneria thing on tactical.

PND

Smash Champion
Guys, I'm sorry.

I just thought of the worst name ever for Jigglypuff's shield break death / down taunt.

. . .

. . .

J-Pop

>_>

I'm sorry gaiz

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been on since...
forever...
but i've gotten great with most characters, and decent with the rest.
However, I think that beating the crap outta someone with such an underated low-tier character like jiggly is awesome, but i need some tips.
I know the basic things about jigglypuff, aeriels are her strengths, rest is great after you get the hang of it, WoP ftw, but i'd really like some advanced techniques.
I saw some of illinialex's youtube videos, and i must say bro, you pwn.

So guys, halp me out, plz.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
forever...
However, I think that beating the crap outta someone with such an underated low-tier character like jiggly is awesome, but i need some tips.
I know the basic things about jigglypuff, aeriels are her strengths, rest is great after you get the hang of it, WoP ftw, but i'd really like some advanced techniques.

WoP doesn't work on good opponents. The most i've ever chained was two really decayed bairs and an nair off stage. The only advanced tech she has is her DACUS. The only time I've ever used it is in teams. Nobody expects it.

Learn to drillrest and use bair a lot. Throw a couple pounds in so it looks like you know what you're doing.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
forever...

It actually does work but it depends on the opponent.

Every Jigglypuff goes through a noob phase where she can WoP anybody. Then she gets better and plays too good people and can't WoP anyone. Then she slowly regains the ability to WoP a lot of characters, but not 1/4 to 1/2 the roster. And its not consistent.

SSBbo

Smash Journeyman
you see, i'm used to using Ike, DeDeDe, Ganondorf, ya know... giant people, i used to use really quick people like kirby, pikachu, MK, then i started using slow beasts and characters in between... and so i began my quest to master every character on brawl. right now I'm practicing peach and jigglypuff, then i'll practice g&w and retrain myself to use wario.

it's hard going from maining ike, to maining jigglypuff, huge constrast. Juggernaut to puffball, ground-game to aerials, easy-to-use specials to perfect-timing, it's like a whole new game.

but, seeing the expression on the faces of arrogant wolfs and falcons, makes it all worth-while.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
sounds cool, what is it?
Boost smash/snakedash ring a bell? If not, start dashing, do a dash attack by tapping the Cstick down, then Immideatly press z and up on the joystick. if you did it right, Jigglypuff should slide a good distance while Usmashing. You can charge the Usmash by holding z. The timing requires a little practice, but it's fairly easy once you get ahold of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom