• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Mathieu21

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes, I wonder if some people's support for Geno isn't some sort of ''I played that game and you didn't'' attitude.

D

Deleted member

Sometime I wonder if people that don't want Geno in don't have some kind of "Lulz he's a doll, I want Cloud in" attitude.
"He's been in one game so,"
"He's a supporting character/sidekick."
"He's a 3rd party."
"Square would rather have someone else."
"He's a doll."
"I don't like him."

All different attitudes that can be bounced back at 'em..

FOR THE ALLIANCE

Zorya

Smash Ace
"He's been in one game so,"
"He's a supporting character/sidekick."
"He's a 3rd party."
"Square would rather have someone else."
"He's a doll."
"I don't like him."
" He's Geno"

All different attitudes that can be bounced back at 'em..

FOR THE ALLIANCE
forgot one.

Zorya

Smash Ace

And I guess Takamaru can't get in either because he's: you know; Takamaru.
Lets look in the dictionary shall we:

Def. of Geno= n. 1.) completely boring, repulsive wooden doll. 2.) side character 3.) A "bandwagon" character.

Def. of Takamaru= n. 1.) Nintendo's first samurai 2.) gangster character that can turn invisible 3.) character that has 3 votes on Sakurai's poll. 4.) a character that wasn't suggested out of nowhere like Oneg.

no contest.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

Def. of Geno= n. 1.) a doll armed with the artillery of an infantry. 2.) game starred in was more or of equal importance to Mario 3.) Received 5 mentions in Sakurai's journal 4.) Most wanted Square-Enix rep

Def. of Takamaru= n. 1.) Nintendo's first samurai 2.) gangster character that can turn invisible 3.) character that has 3 votes on Sakurai's poll. 4.) a character that wasn't suggested out of nowhere like Oneg.

no contest.
Funny, Zorya, you used to support Geno.

A bit of a hypocrite? By the way I shaped up your post a bit.

And just so you know, Takamaru hasn't had a game in YEARS, kind of like Geno. So yes, he's an out of the blue suggestion, just like Geno.

Your arguments are extremely weak.

Zorya

Smash Ace
Funny, Zorya, you used to support Geno.

A bit of a hypocrite? By the way I shaped up your post a bit.

And just so you know, Takamaru hasn't had a game in YEARS, kind of like Geno. So yes, he's an out of the blue suggestion, just like Geno.

Your arguments are extremely weak.
haha funny man. I bolded important key words for you.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
haha funny man. I bolded important key words for you.
Like I said, a HYPOCRITE. One of your friends or something said they didn't like Geno, and you just agreed. If you don't like Geno that's fine and all, just don't come post in broad daylight where the supporters are supposed to be. Just pass the Geno thread, and keep your ideas and comments to yourself.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Def. of Geno= n. 1.) completely boring, repulsive wooden doll. 2.) side character 3.) A "bandwagon" character.

no contest.
Right, because we all know you knew who Takamaru was before Sakurai's journal came out... Saying that Takamaru didn't come out of nowhere and Geno did is also herrendously stupid because, unlike Takamaru, Geno was voted for in the 2001 offical Melee poll and appeared in Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga in 2003 while Takamaru's last game was back in 1986, I believe. Also, Geno had 5 entries in Sakurai's journal so that arguement fails horribly. Uplifting Takamaru and putting down Geno is just flat out ******** because they have so much in common and have similar scenarios surrounding them:

1. Both haven't been playable or have had an important role in a game in years.
2. Both have decent sized cult followings.
3. Both showed up in Sakurai's journal a decent number of times despite being relatively obscure.

The only major thing that Takamaru really has going against him is that he's a Japanese exclusive character but that's an easy to overcome obstacle much like how Geno's trivial third party situation. In the end, given the current situations, they both have decent chances of making it into Brawl and both have a lot of unique things to bring to the table.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Deuce, that's fine you don't like Geno and all, but don't bring that crap to the home thread.

The thread is generally for his, you know, SUPPORTERS.
Argument is good, it breeds better points. Forums get pretty dull if everyone plays nice and pretends to agree, and support and value others opinions.

Opinions should only garner value if they have it. Its ok to consider someone else's point of view worthless and empty when it really is.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
Argument is good, it breeds better points. Forums get pretty dull if everyone plays nice and pretends to agree, and support and value others opinions.

Opinions should only garner value if they have it. Its ok to consider someone else's point of view worthless and empty when it really is.
I agree, even though some people may say ignorant or idiotic things, these threads would be pretty dull and boring without them.

Back on Geno, he won't be in as AT, if he's in, he'll be a PC.

Machspeed

Smash Lord

Argument is good, but only if they have debatable points.

You know, when someone doesn't run into the thread and says, "I HATE JINO HE IZ JUS A STUPID DOLL AND I DUN LIKE HIM SO HE'S NOT GETTIN IN".
As long as they have logical points, and are not just here to start a flame war, I'm perfectly fine with debating.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
I agree, even though some people may say ignorant or idiotic things. These threads would be pretty dull and boring without them.

Back on Geno, he won't be in as AT, if he's in, he'll be a PC.
yeah its either in or out for the posessed doll. Honestly what with the lack of recent news or attention on super mario rpg, and the more focused attention on mario galaxy, which just happens to have bowser jr as a reoccuring and major boss. So i think that mister sakauri will give the last spot to mr jr.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
yeah its either in or out for the posessed doll. Honestly what with the lack of recent news or attention on super mario rpg, and the more focused attention on mario galaxy, which just happens to have bowser jr as a reoccuring and major boss. So i think that mister sakauri will give the last spot to mr jr.
*sigh*

There is no "last spot" for the Mario series.
Mario's series in SSBM had 5 reps. Yoshi and Wario both represent their own series respectively. Now, it's safe to assume Dr. Mario is gone, because Mario has been given alot of properties from the Doc. That's an open spot right there. Also, it's safe to assume major series get one more character slot than the last game, yes? That's two open spots.

There could very well be space for the both of them.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
*sigh*

There is no "last spot" for the Mario series.
Mario's series in SSBM had 5 reps. Yoshi and Wario both represent their own series respectively. Now, it's safe to assume Dr. Mario is gone, because Mario has been given alot of properties from the Doc. That's an open spot right there. Also, it's safe to assume major series get one more character slot than the last game, yes? That's two open spots.

There could very well be space for the both of them.
lol i know, but i was just bored and felt like typing stuff. I was thinking that if there was a set amount of spots left, that sakuri would pick bj over the g-man

Machspeed

Smash Lord
People should admit that Bowser Jr. has much more of a chance than Geno.
With the shakiness about Megaman's inclusion, that just makes me all the more suspicious about Geno. Yoko Shimomura, the composer, at least lets us know Square-Enix is involved, so we'll see as it boils down to the 24th.

Bowser Jr. has better chances, but not by far.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's a terrible arguement in itself because what if you say is true, Captain Olimar and Isaac's chances of being playable would be terrible too because it's been 3 years and Nintendo has yet to have announced any plans for a sequel to either game.

Also, although SMRPG has yet to have recieved an offical sequel, Square Enix and Nintendo have made two joint projects (Mario Hoops 3 on 3 and Ikari Street, both which are Mario games) in the past year and Square Enix is helping Nintendo launch the Wiiware service later this year.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
People should admit that Bowser Jr. has much more of a chance than Geno.
Bowser Jr would be a clone except for the paintrush. Someone said he's a recurring character and major boss? What game was he the major boss in? In Galaxy and Sunshine he's just a filler character to replace the Koopa Kids. He's Twilight Princess's Zant.

I Understand this isn't a Bowser Jr thread, but were ARE comparing him with Geno about a Mario spot right now.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
The chain for quality of possible characters goes geno<Toad<{insert naruto character}. And i hate naruto. Geno actually would make a good AT now that I think about it.

Top Bottom