• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Ike should be out of low tiers.

Link isn't be that bad.

Pit should be down a coulple spots imo.

J4pu

Smash Champion
just out of curiosity
where does low tier officially start
for low tier tourneys and the such

also Falco seems to be quite comfortable in that 4th seat, doesn't wanna give it up
never gunna let it down, never gunna run around and desert it

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yay I am glad he dropped Ness lol. Not cause I hate Ness, but like once you make the switch from a lower tiered character to a higher tiered character, you feel this sense of "Hey, I am making the smarter choice, I feel good." It's like me moving on to MK, you feel almost worked up and enthusiastic and ready to get better lol
That, and because you finally realize how much you can get away with as a high tier character.

****it, sorry for the double post.

J4pu

Smash Champion
wow, fail
I was looking at the part where the characters were named in normal font after the letters
guess I kinda just ignored the large flashy lettering and pics

Magik0722

Smash Champion
i still dont understand how PT rose again

he has had no important placings since the last tournament, and reflex has not been going to tournaments and the tournamnets he did go to he went fox in.

is it really just the remaining hype causing some BRoomers to still increase him, despite them not following up on PT himself?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
i still dont understand how PT rose again

he has had no important placings since the last tournament, and reflex has not been going to tournaments and the tournamnets he did go to he went fox in.

is it really just the remaining hype causing some BRoomers to still increase him, despite them not following up on PT himself?
That's what appears to be the convincing argument for some characters.

(Note: I'm not singling out PT.)

Moozle

Smash Champion
I'm kind of surprised with Pit moving up that much. Any specific reason he moved up four places?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
True, I never did say that FOW didn't know how to play to win though :(. In fact, the whole point of not using Ness shows that he's losing his scrub mentality, which is a good thing.
Says the Sonic main?! How could you???!

I'm telling you, the furry-fetish fighter is too high! Shield > char.
What?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Says the Sonic main?! How could you???!
I am a hypocrite, but I also believe that Sonic is able to take a tourney if he wanted to; he has no unwinnable MUs (7:3 by my definition) unlike some other characters he's also grouped up with.

Just don't use my argument to represent the Sonic community as a whole; I am willing to bet I'm the only one who thinks this. Sadly I do not have the skill to prove my theory.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
in a year this thread is going to be half "OMG ZELDA DROPPED 9 SPOTS?!?!?" posts.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
In a year? It already is.

And if you exclude the Marth infinite crap on Ness (which I've never actually seen happen) does he have any unwinnable matchups either?

I know I'm 0-2 against Smash64's Ness in tourney sets, but he's one of the best Ness mains and I play Kirby, which is a pretty close to even matchup (excluding once Ness gets offstage)

I actually didn't go offstage much last time I played him because Ness' Dair and PKT2 are ****ing scary if you're not used to playing Ness x_x

edit: I'm 0-3 against Ness in tourney.

IT'S A BAD PERSONAL MATCHUP UGH

(though Smash64 plays with a Kirby main constantly, and the other Ness that beat me was actually a Kirby main, so I was pretty ****ed either way unless I switched character)

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
Not to be rude but I'd really appreciate it if a qualified Backroom Member can tell me

A-Why Lucario went up
B-Why Zelda went down to third worst.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ness also has an unwinnable matchup vs Snake iirc.

And not sure why PT has risen. Magik pretty much said it, we haven't had any noticable advances in our metagame, and our tourney results are nothing impressive.

Magik0722

Smash Champion
yup, since reflex didnt do anything really, i think i actually was the highest placing pokemon trainer this season. Even so the events me and reflex attended and placed well were mostly consisted of local events, and half the time we didnt even go pure PT

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ness also has an unwinnable matchup vs Snake iirc.

And not sure why PT has risen. Magik pretty much said it, we haven't had any noticable advances in our metagame, and our tourney results are nothing impressive.
Nah, Snake isn't that bad for Ness, but DK is.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Having the 2nd fastest ground speed and 5th fastest air speed in the game makes you a tricky ******* to hit.

Sonic can camp too, same way as Falcon. He's just a little better at it because he's (slightly) faster overall.
Sonic runs a full 60 frames faster than Captain Falcon.
Its a MASSIVE difference in movement speed.
Aerially Sonic is slightly slower.

Edit: Metaknight is the fastest glider and I believe he only characters that can catch up to him before he gets to the other side is Sonic and Falcon.
Sonic is much better at this because of his multihitting Fair (GG glide attack)
unfortunately it doesnt change the fact that MK can always just Uair and deal with many different options.
Scrooging is powerful not because of the fact they are nigh invulnerable for a few moments, but to the extent to which they retain their options.

BrawLBlazer

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I definately did not expect Zelda to move down so low. It's nice to see Snake and Falco retain their spot and underestimated characters such as Yoshi and Falcon go up, but sheesh. In my perspective, Zelda is still way better than Captain Falcon, at the very least. Also didn't expect Mario to go down. D:

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
Sonic runs a full 60 frames faster than Captain Falcon.
Just out of curiosity...

How does saying he runs 60 frames faster describe the speed difference?

That's only a time unit... needs a distance to go with if it were to actually show the difference, I would think. o.o

Is it just across the length of FD or something?

*whistles* I was right earlier. 4th list and everything is starting to pan out. MK back in his own tier is a good choice. His domiance is just too great to be considered with the others. Snake with the others makes sense given his faliable weaknesses. If I had to say anything it would be that everyone in the high tier is exactly where they should be. The only problem might be the placement within the high tier.

Although, I must say I do not understand Zelda's severe drop.

Diddy is 3rd now? Expected.
Snake being 2nd is expected too.
But what's with ROB and Zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom