• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

FoxBlaze71

Smash Lord
@ FoxBlaze71 FoxBlaze71 k cool thnx i don't do stuff anymore. im retired
It's your decision, so good luck with whatever you seek to do. But I will say that getting torn down so easily will prove to be an issue in the future. Ignoring the trite anime quotes, I can only share my personal experience. Being a Wifi Brawl Fox player is practically the most laughable thing you can say of yourself in Smash. It flat out sucks. Wifi just neuters everything he has, arguably harder than any other character. I've been tempted to just give him up, and at a few points did, resorting to my tier ***** secondaries like Marth, Snake, and Falco. But in the end, did I feel better or even do better with them? No. Fox is the character I started with because he's the character I'm comfortable with and he's a part of me now. In lots of fighting games - Third Strike with Alex, Blazblue with Kagura, and my not-so-optimal Leona/Benimaru/Ash team in King of Fighters. There are several viable options in each of those games, and I often felt the receiving end of their strength, but didn't give up. Why? Because I enjoyed those characters, enjoyed representing them, and took their disadvantages in stride, despite what people told me. You may not be worried about picking a high-tier character and starting anew, rather retiring completely, but the principal still applies. On the good days and bad, it's still your main character and your game, and if you can't take those things in stride and you're getting burned out, then maybe giving Brawl a rest would be beneficial. It's your call, but at least consider what I say.

There's only so much I can say that would motivate you if you can't motivate yourself. Like I mentioned in the last post, Zangetsu's advice about moving yourself forward is the most succinct, powerful words I can give on the subject. You just seem really hesitant to do things for yourself, like this hacking bull****. I've tried and failed to help, referred you to a forum that can help you solve your issues, but AFAIK you haven't done a thing to even ask there. I want to see your Link succeed more than anything because I see the spark I once had for revolutionizing a character in a greater form than I ever had, but if you can't see beyond such trivial things then you won't make it there.

Whatever you choose to do, best of luck.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Good games you two. Those were some pretty hilarious games. You both kept me pleasantly surprised with your decision-making, made for some very zesty matches~ Thanks for playing.

AirJay

Smash Amatuer
NNID
jordaniscold
3DS FC
0877-0255-3596
GG's to both of you i got beat around pretty badly everytime i play zatch he makes me reconsider my choice to main yoshi and metalbro is still as good as ever had fun playing you two

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
GGs Zatch and AirJay! Fun games.

I was in awe with your movements. Some of the stuff you guys do are so ballzy and they somehow work. (Dem Yoshi Spikes)

I must start playing brawl religiously if I want to keep up with you guys.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
Sure. But tomorrow... tonight is the dark souls tournament... just got through a few matches and am waiting for next opponent... I WILL PLACE TOP 5 AND NOTHING WILL STOP ME!

Also I recorded myself in a fight club yesterday for anyone who wants to see. (prolly nobody but I'm posting it here anyways.)
http://youtu.be/_J0m4v4xFU4

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
My Stick Is Messing Up D: And I GTG, GG DAS And Hope To Play You Someday Zatch
Adios.
Likewise. Good games to both you and DAS! I need to rectify my shield timing issue. My responses in general just feel delayed, but that stood out to me the most.

DAS

Smash Ace
NNID
DAS1989
Likewise. Good games to both you and DAS! I need to rectify my shield timing issue. My responses in general just feel delayed, but that stood out to me the most.
GGs Howmany and Zatch. This must be the day of Regular Samus for me man you're like the 4th person I fought today who used her at least once lol.

I believe my problem is that I'm trying to read into your moves a bit too much. I get messed up since you're confusing to fight against.

I need to just relax more no panicking and perhaps not hesitate when you're trying to throw me off lol.

It was fun all around. Goodnight guys.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
Sure. But tomorrow... tonight is the dark souls tournament... just got through a few matches and am waiting for next opponent... I WILL PLACE TOP 5 AND NOTHING WILL STOP ME!

Also I recorded myself in a fight club yesterday for anyone who wants to see. (prolly nobody but I'm posting it here anyways.)
http://youtu.be/_J0m4v4xFU4
Alright no problem, tomorrow sounds good man.

Good luck on winning your Dark Souls tournament. I watched the video, so that's Dark Souls, interesting, looks kind of like Street Fighter. I'll look into this game sometime (interested to try it). Have fun though man and see you tomorrow.

yessi

Smash Ace
NNID
Chonglers
@ Y yessi

Sorry guys its doesnt let me join I think that I have to try 1 vs 1 then.

Edit: Ok look like there is not answer

Edit: anyone else want to play?
Sorry for not answering :(

I'm not sure why it won't let you in ill try rehosting if you want just reply if you still want to

Top Bottom