• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nu Smashboards Arena: Revival of Online - Check 1st Post!

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
Confirmed for getting this game again on the weekend. Got muh Wii today, and friend generously offered me a controller to use. Courage still around? If I said I didn't want to play him after all this time, I'd be lying.

I hope everyone had a happy holiday.
Yea i'm here. ^-^

#Namesearch

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Brawl anyone????

Edit: I'll be in basic brawl getting trolled. The offer to play still stands for another few minutes until I get tired of playing 3 to 1 in BB. :)

Edit 2: Good night smash land.

Last edited:

deadjames

Smash Lord
NNID
deadjames
3DS FC
0989-1855-2743
I believe I'm done with wifi for a while, I went to a tournament today and realized that I have trouble L-cancelling without lag, still managed to place 7th out of 26 and raise my confidence in my Peach that I've been practicing though, I wrecked tons of faces with her in singles and dubz.

CourageHound

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4441-9748-5261
. Believe I'm done with wifi for a while, I went to a tournament today and realized that I have trouble L-cancelling without lag, still managed to place 7th out of 26 and raise my confidence in my Peach that I've been practicing though, I wrecked tons of faces with her in singles and dubz.
Sorry to here that :(. Maybe we can still have some casuals every now and then?

I usually never have to worry about missing my l cancels since i'm so usued to the timings of zard's aerials, wifi or not since i practically only play him. I also barely l cancel with peach since she has float cancels

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
Right? Had it not been so late, I'd have kept going. xD we even had a superb connection.
Great games, I loved those dittos. My ZSS and Pika are slightly rusty, so I shall revise them before our next encounter. :D I was also surprised to see you pull a Marth out of your pocket! I still love that Samus also. I recorded some too, at least the ones short enough. xD Gonna learn your Sheik combos, wach out! We shall indeed. :p

Yeah what was up with that? That connection was scary good. lol. And yeah that Pika and Zero suit Samus could use some work^^ And Marth? haha yeaah I'm on and off with him Im prone to use him when there's no lag. My samus was on top of her game as well as my Sheik in the end but you still gave me a run for my money. Look forward to fighting again ^-^

Alexo30

Smash Journeyman
I believe I'm done with wifi for a while, I went to a tournament today and realized that I have trouble L-cancelling without lag, still managed to place 7th out of 26 and raise my confidence in my Peach that I've been practicing though, I wrecked tons of faces with her in singles and dubz.
I hope that you will still play a few with me when I come back ;)

I've been going deep with tech skill practice, and I really want to get back to a little WiFi action.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
i know what you mean. inputs are different on the full set and i was expecting it honestly. the 3 frame buffer kinda got me thinking with the wifi set. but i found more trouble wavedashing than L cancel. mostly because mewtwo hovers without the buffer if done incorrectly

someonerandom

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, am I the only one who hates not being able to creep the lurkers (somewhat ironic, lol)?

About the L-canceling, I just go by offline timing and muscle memory. I'd rather miss a few online than miss them offline. :o Still a shame to see people going though. D:

Edit: Timings are different in wifi vs. full as well? wut

Last edited:

HI5

Smash Rookie
I'll play brawl :D, hold and I'll try to find my fc.

Edit: My FC is 0559-6425-1778, let me know if you still wanna play :)
Yup! I'll add you right away

EDIT:
5284-1206-6938

GG's, man! You use Link and Jigglypuff... interesting choices x] its always gonna be an uphill battle using low-tier characters, though I know at least for Link there are a lot of advanced techniques you can learn. Here's a simple one: When you hit with the first two strikes of your jab, instead of using the third, use an up-B.

Last edited:

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
Yup! I'll add you right away

EDIT:
5284-1206-6938

Ggs man! That fox kick kept messing me up. I need to find a way around that with link, lol. It was fun!! :)

Edit: Good call on that up-B w/link. I know the low tier thing is a struggle but I just like link as a character too much. We go back to 1987, lol.

Last edited:

HI5

Smash Rookie
Ggs man! That fox kick kept messing me up. I need to find a way around that with link, lol. It was fun!! :)
Yeah Fox vs Link is definitely gonna be in my favor haha x] keep working at it though! Getting really good with a low tier character is every man's dream ;]

Last edited:

PATH O__o

::The Pathological Trailmix::
3DS FC
0018-2341-8072
Ugh, am I the only one who hates not being able to creep the lurkers (somewhat ironic, lol)?
They said that feature will return eventually, but it will take some time to update everything. I have my cool green font back, I'm happy. : )

gaborap

Smash Journeyman
I got you let's play
Nice playing. That pikachu is soooo fast. I think the only way to beat him with a low tier is to camp out. Hes kind of like metanight except he can fly around the screen so it isn't as bad. Ggs though, I had fun :)

HI5

Smash Rookie
Hello.^-^ Still up for it?
Yup =D lez go

GG's man! Ganondorf was an interesting choice, but your sheik and marth were great! Also, not a lot of sheik's f-tilt juggles, which was nice haha though if you did them you would have thoroughly wrecked me

Last edited:
Top Bottom