• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Mahone

Smash Champion
HOW

maybe.....when is it?

also that drive is a bit and a half from shelby
obv. u would just drive to vtech and then i would drive the rest of the way up, its on the 25th

slowly replace every part of my body with something mechanical. then I can troll court system about whether or not I am subject to the laws of the land
lol this is great XD

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
slowly replace every part of my body with something mechanical. then I can troll court system about whether or not I am subject to the laws of the land
ROFL karn the lawless cyborg troll

obv. u would just drive to vtech and then i would drive the rest of the way up, its on the 25th
okay maybe but twitch will wanna come

I'll see what my schedule looks like

for now mac n cheese tho mmmmm

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
25th of this month? Stingers, you're awesome. You're now my favorite fraud Ganon (i.e. Brawl Ganon) player. You're also my favorite person who reminds me of Bees.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Nevermind then, you're not awesome.

On a more interesting topic, I have a 4 day weekend coming up, so could probably get a ride into state on Monday/Tuesday if people want to beat up my Ganon. Anyone interested?

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Yo what do you guys think about dash dancing with doc in the neutral game? Important not important? Or does the importance of it depend on the match up/stage? Plus any advice in general is awesome.
/melee discussion

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yo what do you guys think about dash dancing with doc in the neutral game? Important not important? Or does the importance of it depend on the match up/stage? Plus any advice in general is awesome.
/melee discussion
Doc's DD.....it's hard to do much out of it imo. Dash attack which can be good or grab which is **** but easy to outspace for him. It's probably best to use to throw off how people handle his WD approaches and in between pills as well as to counterattack any approaches(retreating Bair, advancing JC upsmash, CC, WD back, DD grab are common counters). More of a mixup strategy than a main one imo, but this seems to be the case for most characters that aren't fast so that's not necessarily a big deal.

Against faster characters, DD obviously won't work quite as well(unless they just keep running at you I suppose lol), but it may be more necessary to use that than anything else besides WD backward to counter approaches. Against characters you're faster than like Samus, DD is probably better because she can't cut into it as well.

Don't think stage matters too much.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
What about on a knock down situation? Do you think it could be a useful mix up or do you think he has better options to use on the regular?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What about on a knock down situation? Do you think it could be a useful mix up or do you think he has better options to use on the regular?
DD is pretty good when you knock someone down, but a lot lot LOT of people enjoy moving around rather than actually using it to manipulate the opponent so it can be pretty bad. It's good if you use it correctly and force a reaction though.

It would be awesome if some people from NC came to this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317975
I probably can't but some of NC definitely should go.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah shroomed does definitely apply it pretty well and often. He makes it work because he has solid pill placement and approaches aside from that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Mental exercise:

Instead of asking "When should I pill/laser/needle/etc more?" ask "When shouldn't I pill?"
I shouldn't laser when the opponent is conditioned by them and won't attack.

Or when I can't hit them due to vertical reasons(edgeguard fall speed, they're purposefully jumping to dodge them, etc).

Mahone

Smash Champion
lol... i can answer that though, its cuz i care more about frustrating people in real life, rathering than winning in the game

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Think of it this way. What's more fun: A Fox ditto, or a Kirby ditto?

You can see why people don't play top tiers.

Top Bottom