• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Norcal/Bay Area/ DBR Challenge Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
I remembered that im picking up GEO at 6 in the morning from the greyhound station, so i wont be sleeping in anyway, so you guys can come earlier if you want.

Geo

Smash Ace
Ender: the bus gets there at 7 at the capital where you always meet me. I'm bringing 2 friends so have some room available in the van.

We can bring 2 gamecubes if you guys can magically bring some TVs.

OMG I can't believe this is tomorrow!! I might have enough money to do my money matches we will see.

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
you better have enough money to money match geo, i am going to bring 20 dollars and i will leave with more than 20 dollars i hope,lol

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
well bad news

i just found out that i dont have a ride to get to sac even if germ does pick me up early and we go to concord no one will have room in there car. I will just see you guys at mlg

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
LAST CHANCE!!!!!!!!

GERM IF SHERIDAN GIVES ME A RIDE, PICK ME UP THATS IF SHERIDAN GIVES ME A RIDE, HE WILL PICK ME UP AT YOU HOUSE, I WILL CALL YOU TOMORROW AND SHERIDAN LIKE AROUND 8 or 8;30, later i hope i can ***, lol

Marthby87

Smash Journeyman
K, I might go. Either early in the morning or in the afternoon, so try to expect me in a morning. My dad is still thinking about taking me or not, so I aint sure if I am really gonna go.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman
supsup

Well mike e and them better be there by now! I hope they are still not lost =p take care of mitchel will u guys alright everyone have fun!!! well since i cant go, i will go out to get some pie then =d

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
We're done

Its all over....one less tv there than what i thought, but it was still good...lotsa ppl i didnt get to play tho

yeah....i cant stress enough...it was all good...gotta say a few things tho

Zel: glad we finally got some matches....altho i wanted to play your fox more...lotsa fun^_^

Sam: always happy to dollarmatch you...and thanks for showing my little brother what a real falco looks like

Geo: guess we'll have to wait for next time to get those matches recorded...oh well...good stuff as always^_^

B & Kev$: Loads of fun, guys....glad you came...and welcome to TeamScape

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
the smashfest

The smashfest was alright but to me I wouldn't have gone if I knew we were going to get lost. None of you understand what Cruxis/DBR/Nick/Mitchell had to go through to get there. We spent like 2 hours driving around sacramento going wtf where are we!

There was only 4 tvs too... we needed like 8 for it to be awesome. Too many people waiting around or hogging 1 vs 1 matches. It got better when team matches started. I had more fun with those because I actually won matches. I didn't win a single 1 vs 1 match mainly because I only played DBR.

Sam thanks for the falco illusion tip, I really need to work on my falco. lets play like 30 times so you can teach me stuff =P Who are you teaming up with at mlg. I'm not gonna try and team with you just want to know.

I lost $20 yesterday on money matches technically only $10. I was giving germ $10 even if I won, to support to his japan trip. its not much but it will help. GERM maybe you should give mitchell the $10, lol you know why :D haha just playin foo, your still going if you get the money. I should have at least tried instead of doing a ditto Link match and using ice climbers.

Dude clod I wanted to play you but it didn't happen again. Let get some matches in at the crew battles at mlg.

As far as money matches go im done. No money matches at mlg sf sorry everyone. I'm already spending $25 to enter the tournament thats a good amount of money to me knowing im just gonna get smoked the the brackets. It will be worth the fun though.

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
What's this i hear about Germ getting handed by Mitchell's link?

What's this i hear about Mitchell's Link getting 5 stocked by Jeff's Everything?

Why play at all?

Fight Fight Fight.

Mitchell come to my house and climb my ladder again. Maybe u get past the second player this time! Bring it. And stop bringing pizza...we'll pay next time.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
Whats this I hear about a ladder? Someone sounds a LOT like Ken and the Elite 5... Chances are you suck, bring it.

Zbane: Next time we'll get some more matches in.

Simna: Sorry I didnt play my fox more, come MLG we'll play more fox vs ness.

Ender: Your fox got a lot better, good stuff.

Ron: Your fox is alright, gotta get that technical stuff down though, L-Cancel = god.

Geo: We had some good matches, I like your falco, its all sexy-like.

Justin: It was great to play you again, hopefully we'll see each other at MLG and play a few more.

Mitchell: Your fox got better, but stop trying to infinite against fox.

Nick: it was way fun having you over for the weekend (more or less), remember what I taught you, my son, lol. I noticed your peach got better just by playing DBR, good stuff.

Sam: Falcon + Pikachu! heheh, that was fun. Stop kneeing me in the face and back of the skull in team matches, thanks.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone.

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
What's this i hear about some fat basturd who threw his controller down and cried lika biotch at a tg biweekly years back?

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
If Trebor or anyone with Trebor is ever lost in Sacramento again, said party(ies) should give me a call.

Sheesh.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by aznspikes128

What's this i hear about Mitchell's Link getting 5 stocked by Jeff's Everything?

Why play at all?

Fight Fight Fight.

Mitchell come to my house and climb my ladder again. Maybe u get past the second player this time! Bring it. And stop bringing pizza...we'll pay next time.
yeah GERM lost twice in a row in the first two ditto matches but I don't think he got his *** handed too, althought on the last stock Mitchell did some crazy projectile combo into a Up B off the bottom left side of FD and to finish him off.

smashmaster0

Smash Apprentice
LINE UP PEOPLE!!!

I just have to say, that some poeple that went to the smashfest said that there were people that were lined up just to play Kawn, which is me,thats crazy, but i neverd showed up sorry, people, if only if i was in z banes trunk, lol, later

mikkuz

Smash Rookie
sounds like a fight is brewing... anywho...did anyone happen to record the matches? id like to see how germ got fked up ^^

Zoap

Smash Master
Proposed Smashfest

Well most of NorCal has held a smashfest so far(DBR/Teamscape), so i was wondering how many ppl mite show up to one if us antioch guys held it. Now the reason im wonderin this is because none of our house/garages are big enough to hold 20 or more ppl, so in turn i was going to ask a local mountain mikes pizza place if we could set up 6 or so tvs+cubes in there restaraunt and in return we dish them out some money. Now i was thinking that 5 dollars a person would be enough, 2.50 of the five would go to them for lettin us host it there and the other 2.50 would be for pizza/drinks. So im riting this to see how many ppl would show up if we did this. This would most likely happen either the week b4 mlg or a few weeks after. So plz just post if u/ur crew would be able to show up and pay the 5 bux. If not enough ppl respond then the whole idea is scrapped.

Zelgadîs ™

Smash Journeyman
mikkuz, germ didnt get "fked" up. To my knowledge he lost in very close matches, 2 matches. I know they played a lot when he lost, like, 5-8 matches maybe. But does anyone ever mention GERM 2 stocking him 5 times in a row afterwards? Didn't think so. Not to put down mitchell, Although I haven't played his Link, I'm positive hes One of the best 3 links in Cali, most likley in the US. Besides, GERM and Mitchell are cool anyways, GERM gave him his props after he beat him 2 times anyway. I don't see the big fuss :-\

Chances are he doesnt suck? Why doesnt he ever come to a smashfest or tournament? Like I said, BRING IT.
Then you stoop to calling Sam a "fat basturd"? Thats pretty funny actually, especially since hes not fat. I'm not sure what you're problem is, maybe Sam can perfect you in falco dittos or somethin, I dunno, but you actually had to stoop as low as personal put downs? Not cool man, as anyone.
And oh, azn spikes. Ever heard of the edit button? Watch I'll demonstrate:

EDIT: Bam, I just owned that edit button. Right by the quote button. its not that hard, I'm sure you can do it.

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
Always commenting on grammar...spelling...way I post...that's...gay.

Edit: That is still gay.

Edit again: Personal Putdowns a new low? Hmm..what's this i heard about Sam sayin "Asian *******" to one of Largo's friends after his friend simply complimented his falco? Hypocryte? Get that **** out.

Edit: Zelgadis shut up.

Volroth

Smash Journeyman
Zel I didn't play you but i'll see you at MLG. I saw a glimspe of your fox doing infinites on a peach. I played you once at germs smashfest but I doubt you remember me. I think you 2 stocked or 3 stocked me.

Did you record any matches? I saw you around with a camera. Kawn wanted to see matches but no one else recorded any.

The GERM

Smash Ace
dun dun dun: The Link dittos

first set: Mitchell by 1 stock/ Mitchell by 1 stock
second set: Mitchell by 1 stock/GERM by 3 stock/ Mitchell by 1 stock

last 6 matches: GERM by 2/GERM by 1/GERM by 2/ GERM by 3/ GERM by 2/ GERM by 3

bam, that's all folks, mad props to Mitchell, his Link got crazy better so did his Fox. I've been showing Mitchell all my Link strats and tactics since the last MLG SF, we've been good friends for a while and this is the first time he's beaten me a whole set but he's beaten me in matches before. And it's not like they were effin' money matches, they were all nice simple friendlies, and they will never be any beef between us so stop yappin your mouths b!tches...

Aznspikes, you and your whole sorry ***** a** crew can suck my Links nuts, I know you want to, I'll play all your *** a** crew for 10 bux each at MLG beotch so just bring my money.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
well lookie there. now you HAVE to go to mlg jeff, i mean you wouldn't want to back down from a challenge now would you? c'mon, it will be exciting. you won sf v-games, now you gotta go to mlg and really prove yourself. this is your chance.

about the smashfest...it was okay. besides the fact that the location sucked balls, and we couldn't find the **** place for hours, and then when we got there there was only 4tvs for like 23 ppl, it was fun. i didn't get to play anybody but dbr and justin (i think that's his name...) in 1v1 matches. but here's what happened:

Sam: you're the first person i played and i wasn't even ready for it. i don't have a TV man, show some mercy!! you're the only one that got the money match too, so i hope you enjoyed your two bucks ^_^ thanks for showing Ron and Will some fox/falco stuff. And i gotta say, you whopped my *** worse than anybody, ever. you're heartless man, heartless.

Germ: i've been wanting to play you forever now, and i finally got my chance. i don't know how many tries it took me to finally beat your link, but at least i got one :p that was the highlight of my day right there man. you definately deserve that spot on the japan list, and i'm GUARANTEEING you're gonna whoop *** all over Anikhi. good luck, even though you don't need it.

Mike Nasty: **** man your samus skills are as nasty as it gets. i don't know how you can like to do samus dittos though. they always throw my game off. next time you gotta play my peach.

Clod: it was fun as hell playing you. i could tell you were having an off day though, especially after what happened with Geo. even though you beat me anyways, i'm sure you coulda done it with more finesse. you missed out on our 83c match though. o well, i'll have to keep my nickels.

Justin: for you, i wanna apoligize on how badly i played against your falco. i'm a much better player than that, but i get so rusty not having a tv and all, lol. excuses excuses i know, but next time i'll hopefully have more practice in first and i can put up a challenge. i at least got some revenge in some of the team matches. you're much better in singles :p well, except for when you used stupid peach and all you did was spam the down a. that was messed up ^_^

Milk: great teaming with you for those two matches man. sorry we kept hitting eachother. we just didn't have that chemistry that a good team needs to have. next time well do some 1v1s, aight?

Sheridan: you and Will are looking great for teams, so yeah good luck there. and dude i swear you and zel have got to be related. see you at mlg man.

well i think that was everybody i actually got to play with. i watched alot of good games. i want to give special shout outs to Geo and Simna. right after Sam ***** me in the money match i watched geo go in there and go toe to toe with him in falco dittos, so yeah you gotta be top notch man. i hope i can play you at mlg, or some other time. and Simna, the man on the never ending quest to make Ness top tier. i watched you play a bit, and you definately had some skills. i would have loved to play you, but i know we'll play sometime in the future. Ender, i'll see you in college :p

to my crew, i gotta say that we all have a lot of work to do. i depend on you guys to get better so i can get better. we need to work on helping eachother. if i learn a cool technique that will help you beat me, then i gotta show you. same goes for you. at the smashfest i saw alotta my guys sittin' around watchin', including me. that's not gonna happen again though. i hope we can get a little more practice in before mlg too, because we need it. i'm glad we didn't crew battle dbr, cause it wouldn't have even been funny. i think we could took TeamScape though, so here is my challenge: TEAMSCAPE, if we don't get to play in the crew battle at mlg, then we gotta do it on our own. you versus us. do you accept?

if i forgot anybody, i'm sorry, but it was a rough day and you can't blame me for forgetting. It was woth it though just to see Germ and Mitchell do their link dittos. you can tell that these two are really pros. i just met Mitchell about two weeks ago, and he's definately top notch. i'm gonna spread the word too. and btw, Germ and Mitchell are FRIENDS, not RIVALS, so quit with that "who got owned" ****. see everybody at MLG!!

btw, bps if you guys had a smashfest with a 5 dollar entry fee in antioch, you could definately count on Cruxis to show up. hell we're already there.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Zoap: I would also show up to said smashfest.

Ender, thanks again for hosting. Lots of fun, let's do this again sometime, etc....hopefully somewhere closer to Santa Cruz...I drove 300 miles yesterday.

I played a bunch of people but I'm too lazy right now to think of stuff to say about our games but thanks to you all (GERM, Zel, Clod, Mike Nasty, Milk, Ender...uhh....and a few people whose names I forget (sorry)) for some excellent matches, I feel like I'm getting better every time, I definitely learned a ton of **** this time.

On an unrelated note, for the love of god, if there is anybody in the Santa Cruz area, let's get a freaking crew together or something. Also, are there -ANY- other serious Jiggs players in Norcal? I can only learn so much from videos, it would be cool to actually play somebody else.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
A few things...

Scamp: Do you live in the Sac area?!?!

Re>Smashfest in Antioch: Can't say if I would go...I'm completely dependent on getting transportation from others. If it got to the point where I had to take a bus, then I wouldn't go.

Zelgadis: Did I see you recording matches on a cam? Please send me those matches as soon as you can.

If it wasn't Zel, who was recording matches and could you please send them to me. My AIM is in my profile.

itsSMASHtastic

Smash Apprentice
What's this i hear about some fat basturd who threw his controller down and cried lika biotch at a tg biweekly years back?
Haha oh man do i have a good idea who you're talking about. Good times I must say.

I must say it was good playing some smash again. I got rocked by sam, trebor and germ. Good thing I didnt play any money matches. Props for Ender for hosting the **** thing. 23 people four tvs? Its all good Vallejo had plenty of nights with 12 people on one tv. Though like many others finding your house was a whole challenge within itself. Got lost by going to Business 80 instead of Interstate 80. Then got lost again cause that first right didnt have a ****1n sign. Coulda been there an hour earlier. Though was worth it with some good matches from all the peeps who went.

About the Antioch Smashfest or whatnot... I'll go and hopefully i dont come by myself this time.

Yeah I was surprised in not seeing scamp there when he DOES go to Davis. What happened bro?

malva00

Smash Master
diesuperfly says he'll money match all of Jeff's crew at MLG San Francisco.

I can't wait to see everyone play each other, it's fun ^_^.

Nekurbis86

Smash Journeyman

Why play at all?

Fight Fight Fight.

hey jeff calm down germs link is still better and i hate the idea of us trying to brag abuot that **** so dont try to make us sound good. yeah mitchel, me and some of my friends know how good you are but maybe if you can drag yourself to mlg and play dbr then talk whatever **** you want after >_>

i think i can make it to your house monday also. hopefully i wont get 5 stocked again <_<

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
okokokokok I must apologize. Cus after being IMed last night by Sam, he has proved very well that crying is alright after playing a game of intense smash? Or something like that. :confused:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: *pat pat it's ok.

Anywho...no more shet talk. Goodbye smashboards. Fun and games must end here. Seems to be pissing too many strangers off.

Side note: Kurtis...i think we're gon be playin on friday and or saturday...not monday...=/ maybe sunday. i dunno yet...i don't even know if we'll be playing...i might teach some friends at school the more advanced tactics...they got the game like last month. :confused:

BTZO

Smash Cadet
Originally posted by HyugaRicdeau
On an unrelated note, for the love of god, if there is anybody in the Santa Cruz area, let's get a freaking crew together or something. Also, are there -ANY- other serious Jiggs players in Norcal? I can only learn so much from videos, it would be cool to actually play somebody else.
Sheridan, I think the only crew (that is actually decent) CLOSEST to Santa Cruz is our crew. And as for other Jiggly players, I am not a serious jiggly player, but mine is decent. Not as good as yours though, but pretty good. I haven't used her in a while though, but maybe if I find time I'll take her up again.

Geo

Smash Ace
Rae I'd like to play you and your people, maybe we can plan something out sometime?

I want to go to a Skypal sometime too. I'm thinking of going in April, if anyone wants to keep me company on the Greyhound on the way up there let me know and we can get together and plan something out.

MLG is less than 2 weeks away!!

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
Originally posted by itsSMASHtastic
Yeah I was surprised in not seeing scamp there when he DOES go to Davis. What happened bro?
Well, you see I actually went two hours in the other direction to go to San Jose for my friend's birthday party. I was considering skipping it for the smashfest but he had planned it over a month in advance and everything.

Ah, the irony. I go all the way to San Jose and you go all the way to Sacramento on the same day. Well, actually, that isn't really irony, but who cares?

Actually I didn't show up because I was afraid of getting beaten really badly and then crying because of it.

On a side note, I don't even know if I'll be participating at MLG because of the Tekken regionals on the same day. I will be appearing, however, and I'll be doing everything that Sunday has to offer. I'll also come down and K.O. everyone who's staying with DBR on Thursday/Friday.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
BTZO:

Yeah Danny that's what I was guessing, just throwing it out there just in case. BTW, I probably can't make it to Geoff's this Friday, but are you guys going to have a get-together the Friday before MLG?

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
nephilim...that's the way u ask nicely! you're my hero too. And uhh sure maybe we can work something out. Don't expect much...i am all talk and no game. Nawwwwwwm sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom