• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

keeper

Smash Champion
rarerrgrgrbblbb. I'm here

I currently have a sinus infection, in the process of moving, living at my GF's parents house to take care of their cat, and have work for the next few days straight, but god damn it I want to smash, so maybe we can set something up. Eric and Jeremy were talking about smashing tomorrow so I'll talk to them and maybe you can come join us. I'll let you know when I can. Is your cell phone number still the same?
Yeah, it's the same. ^^ I should be at my friend's place in Tualatin tomorrow. I'm not sure if that's detrimental or beneficial, but he lives right off of Sagert which is right off of Boones Ferry near where the old Elementary was (where all that wreckage is). It's also really close to Fred Meyer's.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's the same. ^^ I should be at my friend's place in Tualatin tomorrow. I'm not sure if that's detrimental or beneficial, but he lives right off of Sagert which is right off of Boones Ferry near where the old Elementary was (where all that wreckage is). It's also really close to Fred Meyer's.
Alright well if we do smash it will be at Jeremy's or my GF's parents house which I'm at right now, both of which are in LO, so you'll probably have to find your way over here. Could also give you a ride if you really need one. You're currently pretty close to where I'll be living then o.o

keeper

Smash Champion
Alright well if we do smash it will be at Jeremy's or my GF's parents house which I'm at right now, both of which are in LO, so you'll probably have to find your way over here. Could also give you a ride if you really need one. You're currently pretty close to where I'll be living then o.o
I don't know when I'm actually coming home though. *shrug*

Surreal

Smash Ace
Heading down with Kaylee to the Eugene tournament in about an hour. I dunno who's going besides sutherlin, so I hope to see at least a few of you there. <3

Btw I'll probably end up sleeping on some nearby couch or something partway through so I probably won't be playing for about half the tournament. I'll get up and play though if any of you want to specifically play with me haha.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Melee Results:

1.Juce
2.Cactuarz
3.Debaser
4.Rocket33r
5.Jeff
5.Capn Cone
7.Deb
7.Teddy

Good times everyone =D Zelda kirby bowser tourney ftw! haha too good.

First brawl tourney, I think I did ok ^_^ I may or may not enter another haha. Can't wait for LOST 3.

Also Yugo you're like the best smasher to play with period haha. Pwneroni you're good too <3 Props to zero too, wayyy too close and scary.

Scout... most exciting 9 minute match ever... TL dittos... holy crap that last stock haha

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
brawl was slightly awesome cause i entered it allen =p got 11'th too haha. I won every baloon hunting game on smashville, even ignoring my enemy to do it =D MWAHAHA. Also I got 2'nd using bowser kirby zelda get at me =D

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Melee Results:

1.Juce
2.Cactuarz
3.Debaser
4.Rocket33r
5.Jeff
5.Capn Cone
7.Deb
7.Teddy

Good times everyone =D Zelda kirby bowser tourney ftw! haha too good.

First brawl tourney, I think I did ok ^_^ I may or may not enter another haha. Can't wait for LOST 3.

Also Yugo you're like the best smasher to play with period haha. Pwneroni you're good too <3 Props to zero too, wayyy too close and scary.

Scout... most exciting 9 minute match ever... TL dittos... holy crap that last stock haha
How on God's Green Earth did you survive TL dittos? That's multiplying the camping + boringness of the character by two!

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
@keeper: the timer was 10 mins long haha. 55 seconds were left when I landed a nair killing her at... 215%? XD

@science: We were both over 100% for the last 3 mins of the match, which made it quite intense... If i wasn't a part of it I don't think I could watch it haha. Also it was on smashville and I must have gotten 14ish baloons to her 2 =;D Also match 2 of our set lasted only 3 mins due to me being a bad ***

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
@keeper: the timer was 10 mins long haha. 55 seconds were left when I landed a nair killing her at... 215%? XD

@science: We were both over 100% for the last 3 mins of the match, which made it quite intense... If i wasn't a part of it I don't think I could watch it haha. Also it was on smashville and I must have gotten 14ish baloons to her 2 =;D Also match 2 of our set lasted only 3 mins due to me being a bad ***
Brawl sucks.

Hey Allen, wanna MM your Roy vs my DK? ;D
Yes I do, I have been practicing my Roy combos.

AckbarsBane

Smash Rookie
Brawl sucks.
Which is exactly why I dropped Melee for Brawl.

Not because it sucks but because of the cawky, elitist attitudes so common in the Melee scene. Think about how you guys want to present yourselves to new, potential players. Unless you guys don't like new players?

And Cactuarz, that 9 minute match was fun. I don't care what the ****ing haterz say, lol.
XD

AlienAllen

Smash Ace

Not because it sucks but because of the cawky, elitist attitudes so common in the Melee scene. Think about how you guys want to present yourselves to new, potential players. Unless you guys don't like new players?

And Cactuarz, that 9 minute match was fun. I don't care what the ****ing haterz say, lol.
XD
I'm not being elitist, I really think the game sucks. That is unless you enjoy chain grabbing infinites and planking.

keeper

Smash Champion

XD
Melee sucks.

I used to be good at Brawl, mind you.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
@ allen: I got chaingrabbed once or twice, to like 30 %. i get wrecked harder than that in melee by a grab, and so do you being a falcon and all haha. and no one planked. i'm pretty sure i was having fun cause I wasn't playing to win =p. seriously, playing to win in that game is boring, but playing to make cool combos, taking that risky up b chase to follow them up to the top of the screen. it makes it worth while =D

Also that 9 min match was amazing ackbar haha. next time we meet you can get your revenge? (for my lucky nair)

Surreal

Smash Ace
Sooo is any of Corvallis planning on attending LOST 3? So far the page only has like 8 people planning to attend, and only 2 or 3 of those are melee people. The last two were pretty good, and since this one is being held at an actual store, I would think they need a good attendance rate to consider allowing us to keep doing tournaments there (then again they may not care as long as they get their money out of the deal, but idk lol).

Btw this will be at Guardian Games (where we did GC Portland), not Gage's house so no johns about the venue. haha

The tournament is on February 26th.

Binx

Smash Master
whats the entry fee, ill prolly make it its GG is fairly close to where i live. Good **** we need more melee.

Also brawl is REALLLY REALLLLLY slow and REALLLY campy and the game doesnt reward aggression enough so it makes high level play relatively stale. Even characters without projectiles play very defensively once they have a lead, the same stuff can happen in melee but the game is so much faster paced that if you get a good read on a defensive player you are able to take advantage and even things up. The games are very similar to eachother meaning that both are ****ing amazing.

Melee is just more amazing than brawl because its not campy in almost any of the matchups. Also tripping is ********, and all the easy infinites are ********, not having movement options is pretty ********, I dont mind losing wavedashing or wavelanding, although i think it would be awesome if those were available, but no dash dancing and such is kinda weak. Also the short recovery and inability to catch people out of rolls and airdodges is kinda dumb, I know its possible to do it but the timing is way strict for little reward and lots of risk.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'd love Melee if it didn't mean making a ton of practice just to get consistent at moving/muscle memory, which I barely time for Brawl (not moving but just practice/consistency in general), let alone Melee.

But some of Brawl's mechanics (tripping, MK, Olimar) annoy me, but that's usually why I just pick characters that are good at some form of aggression while doing camping fine. Snake's fun too b/c of how his camping works, where it's like tons of tactical placement to do more than just force an approach.

So far I've been liking Melee Marth and his fluidity/passive-aggressive play, but atm I can't do enough w/ him to really get anywhere :\

Surreal

Smash Ace
Phil come to my house and I shall teach you Marth. If you want, I'll even record our matches and then talk you through them as we watch, and you can watch what I do and what you do.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord

Yeah, I had a similar feeling from two of the posts on the previous page.

Pita

Smash Apprentice
Brawl is lame because it's slow, every character is floaty, almost every character has a good recovery, and tripping. The only thing that Brawl really has over Melee in that regard is it's character selection, which I don't care for if the flow of the game is going to be that reduced compared to Melee.

Pro Melee videos are way more fun to watch, and those honestly got me to shy away from Brawl and start playing Melee.

Do I hate Brawl? Well... Yeah, actually. I used to love it. Then I went back to Melee and now I see no reason to go back. The only real complaint I have about Melee is that there's no Zero Suit Samus.

(Though SSB64 is still my favorite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom