• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
y u guys live way the hell out there?

me and izayah gotta smash.
I'm mostly known as Yugo. I made this account way back when.

Melee Results:

1.Juce
2.Cactuarz
3.Debaser
4.Rocket33r
5.Jeff
5.Capn Cone
7.Deb
7.Teddy

Good times everyone =D Zelda kirby bowser tourney ftw! haha too good.

First brawl tourney, I think I did ok ^_^ I may or may not enter another haha. Can't wait for LOST 3.

Also Yugo you're like the best smasher to play with period haha. Pwneroni you're good too <3 Props to zero too, wayyy too close and scary.

Scout... most exciting 9 minute match ever... TL dittos... holy crap that last stock haha
I'm glad the melee *****s love me. I had a 9 minute tournament match later that night, you all had left though. I am the campiest *******!!!!

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
With the power of aura i am...rollcario!

edit: wtf SWF won't let me type a message in all caps I hate this site.
Haha, that's how it goes sometimes with that character.

Then other times you get dem fair WoP combos (fair fair/uair fair dair/nair). Imo he makes for a decent aggro char (which is why I wanted to see him in Project: M if he's done right, he's already arguably a more combo-oriented character in vB and B+/B-, in Project: M he's gonna get like x20 hit combo status lol).

Too bad his recovery is balls lol (hey guys, you got your wish, this guy's recovery has NO hitbox!)

I feel the problems are really overexaggerated, but still existent and can see why people don't like playing Brawl (I for one don't care to watch some matches, especially TL/Olimar/campy Wario), but there's a lot of stuff that people have adapted to to make the game usable (not on a Melee competitive standard, but still). I'm not sure why for example why Melee players get mad about the buffering system, it's some of the closest stuff Brawl can get "combos" out of, and makes for some unique inputs.

Tripping I can agree on as being ridiculous, although tbh I haven't really lost a match to it (I have lost an occasional opportunity from it though), it's just dumb about having a non-coherent function other than to randomize things more. And Melee's def. more fun to watch, it's good to see a match and realize there's subtle intricacy and investment put into motion in Melee combos/highlights, and how even after its been out for so long, theres still some strong renovation in the metagame.

Surreal

Smash Ace
The main thing I dislike about buffering is it causes me to turn around when I land without wanting to, like when I'm doing retreating fairs with marth.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I was willing to give Brawl another chance at TP Portland, but then I played Fox against ZSS. That was quite possibly the dumbest matchup ever, and I cannot comprehend how they didn't prevent stupid infinites like that from being in the game.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It's near even apparently 'cuz Fox has the ability to avoid it due to mobility/better hit and run ability. I think they actually say it might be his favor (not unlike how he has advantages in Melee despite having tons of anti-spacy juggle combos on him) :\

I wouldn't know, because Fox gets invalidated by several other things and I think he's mediocre when he isn't playing against big top tier chars.

Think about it. More of mid tier in Brawl is more capable of an "upset" and there's a somewhat larger pool of "viable" characters in the game compared to Melee (DDD invalidates pretty much all of low tier, sheik generally butchers much more of the cast whether in gross number or by ratio) b/c of how the game is set up. It becomes a double edged sword b/c of how dumb it is when you lose the lead, but at the same time novelty becomes much stronger, and hence why aside from MK, Brawl is a relatively balanced game, albeit campy and silly sometimes.

Now whether that's a desirable trait or not is to be determined and it's also kinda subjective. Lots of people blame shallow depth of the game also to constitute in that, which holds a good amount of merit. Take it as what you will, but there's a lot of truth to both sides.

Frankly what keeps me in is character design (conceptually, at least), and relative ease to "regain" from when I hit a dry spell for a long time of playing. I just have to do some inputs, remember how to read, and the game is on. Mixed attribute in positives and negatives, I know, but how I see it, works for me (usually I get my "harder depth"-worth out of games like SCII/Chess, things that seem more accessible to me).

The main thing I dislike about buffering is it causes me to turn around when I land without wanting to, like when I'm doing retreating fairs with marth.
Huh, never had a significant problem with that, although I do have that issue when I play characters with more timing-intensive action like ICs or Sheik.

Surreal

Smash Ace
There's more viable characters because there's more characters in general. I could use the same argument for a smash game with 100 characters, saying 48 of them are mid tiers who are capable of being tourney viable.

Also the matchup charts for a lot of high tiers against low tiers are bogus, especially sheik's. lol

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hence why I said by ratio as well. Iirc from what cutter told me (probably not the best source, but whatevs) that Sheik invalidates like 1/3 of the cast? The closest equivalent in Brawl is D3 probably, and he doesn't come close.

But fair argument, especially on the 2nd bit, some of them do seem a bit odd lol from when I last looked at them. I'll admit Melee's by no means a subject I'm knowledgeable on lol, I have only some rudimentary basics on some characters lol.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Kids overrate her dthrow imo.

Some low tiers that I think can put up a decent fight against sheik (not 50/50 but not getting totally destroyed like matchup charts say). If you want I can give an explanation for why I think a certain character does decent if you don't see how:

Kirby
GaW
Link
Young Link
Yoshi
Mewtwo ( Evan was saying it's not super bad for mewtwo either so he'd be better at explaining how)
Zelda

If mid-low characters count:

DK
Mario

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
(Though SSB64 is still my favorite)
oh wow, no wonder Gage got mad.

Yeah, there was a fiasco involved with smash 64 like a year ago, and most of NOregon (at least the Brawl/hybrid portion) ended up hating smash64.

But yeah, I'm not here to convince you Brawl should be played, but merely show why people might play it w/o getting into sentimental heartstring-tugging/ad hominems. I'm always willing to get better at Melee, although it's gonna be slow :(

AckbarsBane

Smash Rookie
To clarify my earlier point, personally, I think Melee is the better game. It's way funner to watch and it's way more rewarding when you do the right thing. If I could choose one game to be amazing in, it'd definitely be Melee.

But people join competitive communities for more reasons than just one particular game. For me, the Brawl community was WAY more inviting and friendly. The Melee community... not so much. Don't get me wrong though, Jeff helped me out a lot back in the day and for that I thank him. The unfortunate thing is that he seems to be a rare breed.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
ackbar/scouuutttt, sutherlin is friendly and inviting <3. We're not as cuddly as jeff but we try? It's a shame you didn't find the melee scene friendly =(.

That's a shame really though =/ Sutherlin would have been behind you and anyone else all the way =). At worst we'll call you sheik scum, but only cause we love you *looks at keeper <3* You could also play both games though, which I may end up doing since I'm amazing and everything <3.

(Melee for awesome low tier chars, brawl for balloon hunting on smashville ;) also texture hacks are awesome)

I propose everyone try out Project: M when the demo comes out within the next week or two =o. I'd be VERY willing and happy to have P:M tournies =D.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
ackbar/scouuutttt, sutherlin is friendly and inviting <3. We're not as cuddly as jeff but we try? It's a shame you didn't find the melee scene friendly =(.

That's a shame really though =/ Sutherlin would have been behind you and anyone else all the way =). At worst we'll call you sheik scum, but only cause we love you *looks at keeper <3* You could also play both games though, which I may end up doing since I'm amazing and everything <3.

(Melee for awesome low tier chars, brawl for balloon hunting on smashville ;) also texture hacks are awesome)

I propose everyone try out Project: M when the demo comes out within the next week or two =o. I'd be VERY willing and happy to have P:M tournies =D.
Even though I'm a brawl player, Sutherlin welcomed me with open arms. Look at me, using smashboards even though AiB is where all the brawlers are at.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I am the most accepting in the world

I think Brawl is more balanced when it comes to mid-high tiers. I think lower tiers have a harder time in Brawl than in Melee. Like Fox vs Pichu isn't as bad as MK vs Ganon

I don't see how it's possible to like Smash64 over anything especially Brawl

Gossip Girl ***** and Chuck Bass is the coolest person alive

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
Yugo is pretty amazing, one of the few people to beat my G&W on brinstar in tourney hahaha. That match was AMAZING, idk if I laughed so hard while playing ever XD

Edit: Rocket33r says he beat me with ICs that match lmfao. He cp'd me brinstar and played ICs cause everyone told him to... <3

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
Gage is pretty accepting haha.

I'm pretty sure that match was me shouting "*****!" as much as I could.

keeper

Smash Champion
The balance issue lies in the fact that you can play Brawl, but you can't be good with worse characters solely through the idea of mechanics, but rather through an overall approach and playstyle.

In Melee, I can destroy my friends that casually play simply because my mechanics are far and away much greater than theirs (I'd hope so too, after all this time). In Brawl, if I play a generally bad, aggressive, or some sort of mindless playstyle, it's much more apparent against those that would or should be worse than "I" am. Not to say these styles don't work (though afaik, they rarely do), but you can't have an unfavorable style in conjunction with overwhelming mechanics that you've developed over a long period of time.

This is not to argue melee doesn't work the same way, it's just that in order for it to be apparent, the mechanical skill gap must be similar amongst the players, then the one with the unfavorable or stupid play will be shown to be stomped in a much more exaggerated manner when compared to Brawl (and less exaggerated when compared to 64).

This is to say, Brawl is much easier to pick up and play overall. It is a much less demanding game, a much more character nuance specific game, and (I say this with as little animosity and poor context as possible) much more of a party game. This fits Nintendo's current trend in their games lately. Not to imply Melee is the ultimate sumo fighter game. Melee, as a general game, is much easier to pick up then the likes of Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, MvC, and whatever else is obscure and I don't know of. The general idea of how a smash game is played is so astonishingly simple, that's why I ever was drawn towards them. Smash 64 is a great game and amplifies all mistakes made in the others as getting hit basically leads to dying.

Anyway, Sheik doesn't invalidate a lot of the cast. Dthrow chains are dumb, but if the Sheik is bad you can still win. Sheik should win most of those match-ups even without the chain throw, really. Looking at the match-up charts basically shows the communities indifference towards the whole lower spectrum as it's just assumed they perform poorly against higher tiers (as is the general case).
Brawl's balance revolves around stupidly specific single maneuvers. The ones that come to mind are how Ness, Lucas, and Wario can be abused. The next example would be Dedede's incredibly easy chain throw on so many characters with Brawl's improved/made "better" grab pummels. Even with Meta Knight removed, many of the characters that aren't good can perform well just by being the stupid wild card match-up that no one knows. This is part of the reason I kept Olimar for so long and would pull him out whenever my other characters/I started to play like trash. With a larger cast, there's less exposure to certain parts of it that lead to an ignorance of how they play entirely, only to be surprised by it. This doesn't exactly work in Melee, to a point, if your mechanics are already decent and better than that player's. The biggest surprise factor that I've found to come with using underground (so to speak) characters is the lack of knowing where to DI certain moves to avoid the combo you actually have never seen before as they perform it on you. Another would be to know their approaches in order to react; however, if their approach is poorly framed and haphazard, good mechanics and general competitive knowledge still give you the edge if theirs are lacking. Looking at Taj and Axe, they both have amazing mechanics and overall game knowledge. Taj plays a great Marth and Axe plays a Falco that I'd argue is better than his Pikachu.

Mewtwo is a pain to play against because approaching him is somewhat difficult. He doesn't suffer from "******** shield syndrome" like some characters in the lower tiers and his grab combos and chases are actually really good. Camping him can be difficult seeing as shadow ball is actually pretty damn good (since Jeff brought up my opinions on that).

I don't know that anyone ever actually considers me a contender, but I really feel I know what I'm talking about in terms of game theory and general ideas of melee. I find it to be a matter of, "Do as I say, not as I do. Unless of course I did what I said and it was totally ****ing sweet did you see that? LOL, but yeah, that's what I was talking about." If Melee were a much more serious and bigger esport, I think I'd actually make a decent coach just because I know stupid specifics about the game for many useless things and I like showing people stuff so they can feel good about it upon proper execution.
keeper said:

Gage, you call people and things ugly all the time, I hardly consider that very accepting.

Sutherlin is accepting once you realize about half of what they say is IRL trolling.

The Melee community is full of *******s. Every community is, but a lot of the melee one isn't very newb friendly (not noob, though I don't know we are there either). This could potentially deal with what I considered above with the brawl skillgap?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The balance issue lies in the fact that you can play Brawl, but you can't be good with worse characters solely through the idea of mechanics, but rather through an overall approach and playstyle.

In Melee, I can destroy my friends that casually play simply because my mechanics are far and away much greater than theirs (I'd hope so too, after all this time). In Brawl, if I play a generally bad, aggressive, or some sort of mindless playstyle, it's much more apparent against those that would or should be worse than "I" am. Not to say these styles don't work (though afaik, they rarely do), but you can't have an unfavorable style in conjunction with overwhelming mechanics that you've developed over a long period of time.

This is not to argue melee doesn't work the same way, it's just that in order for it to be apparent, the mechanical skill gap must be similar amongst the players, then the one with the unfavorable or stupid play will be shown to be stomped in a much more exaggerated manner when compared to Brawl (and less exaggerated when compared to 64).

This is to say, Brawl is much easier to pick up and play overall. It is a much less demanding game, a much more character nuance specific game, and (I say this with as little animosity and poor context as possible) much more of a party game. This fits Nintendo's current trend in their games lately. Not to imply Melee is the ultimate sumo fighter game. Melee, as a general game, is much easier to pick up then the likes of Guilty Gear, Street Fighter, MvC, and whatever else is obscure and I don't know of. The general idea of how a smash game is played is so astonishingly simple, that's why I ever was drawn towards them. Smash 64 is a great game and amplifies all mistakes made in the others as getting hit basically leads to dying.

Anyway, Sheik doesn't invalidate a lot of the cast. Dthrow chains are dumb, but if the Sheik is bad you can still win. Sheik should win most of those match-ups even without the chain throw, really. Looking at the match-up charts basically shows the communities indifference towards the whole lower spectrum as it's just assumed they perform poorly against higher tiers (as is the general case).
Brawl's balance revolves around stupidly specific single maneuvers. The ones that come to mind are how Ness, Lucas, and Wario can be abused. The next example would be Dedede's incredibly easy chain throw on so many characters with Brawl's improved/made "better" grab pummels. Even with Meta Knight removed, many of the characters that aren't good can perform well just by being the stupid wild card match-up that no one knows. This is part of the reason I kept Olimar for so long and would pull him out whenever my other characters/I started to play like trash. With a larger cast, there's less exposure to certain parts of it that lead to an ignorance of how they play entirely, only to be surprised by it. This doesn't exactly work in Melee, to a point, if your mechanics are already decent and better than that player's. The biggest surprise factor that I've found to come with using underground (so to speak) characters is the lack of knowing where to DI certain moves to avoid the combo you actually have never seen before as they perform it on you. Another would be to know their approaches in order to react; however, if their approach is poorly framed and haphazard, good mechanics and general competitive knowledge still give you the edge if theirs are lacking. Looking at Taj and Axe, they both have amazing mechanics and overall game knowledge. Taj plays a great Marth and Axe plays a Falco that I'd argue is better than his Pikachu.

Mewtwo is a pain to play against because approaching him is somewhat difficult. He doesn't suffer from "******** shield syndrome" like some characters in the lower tiers and his grab combos and chases are actually really good. Camping him can be difficult seeing as shadow ball is actually pretty damn good (since Jeff brought up my opinions on that).

I don't know that anyone ever actually considers me a contender, but I really feel I know what I'm talking about in terms of game theory and general ideas of melee. I find it to be a matter of, "Do as I say, not as I do. Unless of course I did what I said and it was totally ****ing sweet did you see that? LOL, but yeah, that's what I was talking about." If Melee were a much more serious and bigger esport, I think I'd actually make a decent coach just because I know stupid specifics about the game for many useless things and I like showing people stuff so they can feel good about it upon proper execution.

Gage, you call people and things ugly all the time, I hardly consider that very accepting.

Sutherlin is accepting once you realize about half of what they say is IRL trolling.

The Melee community is full of *******s. Every community is, but a lot of the melee one isn't very newb friendly (not noob, though I don't know we are there either). This could potentially deal with what I considered above with the brawl skillgap?
Naw, I totally get what you mean, even Sakurai admitted this game was meant to be more party, less "hardy".

lol @ Gage callout.

And great to hear from a Melee Sheik main about the issue.

Yeah imo, aside from the Brawl hate, Melee community isn't as bad as a lot of people make them out to be, I think it's also the factor that the sheer tech barrier is intimidating to newer people, which until Brawl came out most people just put up with and cared to develop more in the game in order to get into smash competitively.

Accessibility is a tedious and constant issue with hardcore games, because at the end of the day a game designer's gotta make bank, and while they suffer losing their diehard audience, they at the same time realize that it also becomes harder to expand the market a little.

Brawl was a huge extreme in the opposite direction. It just so happened that there was a community willing to foster some sort of competitive environment for it, merely because it just baaaaaaaaarely edged away from being completely depthless just by mere options and control offered. imo my dream game would've been something like B+ except w/o all the silly radical developers that kinda dumbed EVERY strength characters were given down so that it made it more bland w/ each build. Although it had a ridiculous amount of hitstun to accomplish this and thus still made the game still a little "slow", it rewarded more varations of playstyle (aka more aggressive patterns were usable), and made it a little accessible via L-cancel w/o manual pressing (although funnily enough this is the one area I'm starting to become more consistent in, yay!). Even removal of wavedash was able to be worked around since dash dancing was restored (yay, no more tripping to penalize this!) and allowed some more control of spacing.

Although wavedashing/wavelanding does speed a lot of characters up in gameplay b/c of how large the option/punish pool becomes w/ it, which I think is still a very attractive quality of Melee.

keeper

Smash Champion
Naw, I totally get what you mean, even Sakurai admitted this game was meant to be more party, less "hardy".

lol @ Gage callout.

And great to hear from a Melee Sheik main about the issue.

Yeah imo, aside from the Brawl hate, Melee community isn't as bad as a lot of people make them out to be, I think it's also the factor that the sheer tech barrier is intimidating to newer people, which until Brawl came out most people just put up with and cared to develop more in the game in order to get into smash competitively.

Accessibility is a tedious and constant issue with hardcore games, because at the end of the day a game designer's gotta make bank, and while they suffer losing their diehard audience, they at the same time realize that it also becomes harder to expand the market a little.

Brawl was a huge extreme in the opposite direction. It just so happened that there was a community willing to foster some sort of competitive environment for it, merely because it just baaaaaaaaarely edged away from being completely depthless just by mere options and control offered. imo my dream game would've been something like B+ except w/o all the silly radical developers that kinda dumbed EVERY strength characters were given down so that it made it more bland w/ each build. Although it had a ridiculous amount of hitstun to accomplish this and thus still made the game still a little "slow", it rewarded more varations of playstyle (aka more aggressive patterns were usable), and made it a little accessible via L-cancel w/o manual pressing (although funnily enough this is the one area I'm starting to become more consistent in, yay!). Even removal of wavedash was able to be worked around since dash dancing was restored (yay, no more tripping to penalize this!) and allowed some more control of spacing.

Although wavedashing/wavelanding does speed a lot of characters up in gameplay b/c of how large the option/punish pool becomes w/ it, which I think is still a very attractive quality of Melee.
I will admit that the Melee community doesn't really foster new players. Though my reason for that is all far to philosophical and psychological as to why.

Lol. I don't think people realize how many characters I actually use since I really only show my Sheik in tournament really ever, probably because I'm most confident with her (which is understandable, I guess). I really don't like my character being bashed though.

As for accessibility, with my recent delving into Starcraft, I can easily see competitive games having valid sequels that maintain the core components of the old games, but are still accessible enough to be played at all levels. This is what makes smash great compared to other fighters, but not so much in its respective gaming scene. It's easy to play casually with your friends as the controls are super basic, but hard to get into competitively as it's a really large leap to take to scale one's skill upwards compared to just clicking "find match" on the Battle.net SC2 ladder until you stop losing so much or get promoted in online rankings.

I just think Brawl missed the point. It looks great, the stages are relatively great (I love Smashville, hate the new FD though), and has an amazing amount of content (though I was disappointed with how few characters there were relative to Melee when compared 64 to Melee). Brawl kept its casual audience, and gave the competitive audience the finger. I had no clue that any of the stuff like L-cancel, wavedash, or any of that really was even possible in melee before I started playing it a lot, let alone did I know the friggin' application of it. Not only did they strip that stuff out of the engine, they made long combos almost entirely impossible. The ones that are long are just abuses of specific characters and not of know your character and how to juggle them since there's little hit-stun. I also have the philosophy that if your character can't recover (which is easier in brawl), you're using a bad character. This is part of the reason I started resenting playing Olimar, his recovery is far too limiting and debilitating and I don't feel something so little should entirely break a character from being all it could be otherwise (I hate brawl's grapples, btw).

Many people I know that hate "tourney***s" consider wave____ing an end-all-be-all. The more I play though, the more I realize it's just a matter of convenience and isn't really that good. It's just that being able to run at someone then WD back so fast is a great play and CONVENIENT. WDing everywhere on stage is just stupid and useless. I'm of the opinion players should walk more and edgecancel more.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I will admit that the Melee community doesn't really foster new players. Though my reason for that is all far to philosophical and psychological as to why.

Lol. I don't think people realize how many characters I actually use since I really only show my Sheik in tournament really ever, probably because I'm most confident with her (which is understandable, I guess). I really don't like my character being bashed though.

As for accessibility, with my recent delving into Starcraft, I can easily see competitive games having valid sequels that maintain the core components of the old games, but are still accessible enough to be played at all levels. This is what makes smash great compared to other fighters, but not so much in its respective gaming scene. It's easy to play casually with your friends as the controls are super basic, but hard to get into competitively as it's a really large leap to take to scale one's skill upwards compared to just clicking "find match" on the Battle.net SC2 ladder until you stop losing so much or get promoted in online rankings.

I just think Brawl missed the point. It looks great, the stages are relatively great (I love Smashville, hate the new FD though), and has an amazing amount of content (though I was disappointed with how few characters there were relative to Melee when compared 64 to Melee). Brawl kept its casual audience, and gave the competitive audience the finger. I had no clue that any of the stuff like L-cancel, wavedash, or any of that really was even possible in melee before I started playing it a lot, let alone did I know the friggin' application of it. Not only did they strip that stuff out of the engine, they made long combos almost entirely impossible. The ones that are long are just abuses of specific characters and not of know your character and how to juggle them since there's little hit-stun. I also have the philosophy that if your character can't recover (which is easier in brawl), you're using a bad character. This is part of the reason I started resenting playing Olimar, his recovery is far too limiting and debilitating and I don't feel something so little should entirely break a character from being all it could be otherwise (I hate brawl's grapples, btw).

Many people I know that hate "tourney***s" consider wave____ing an end-all-be-all. The more I play though, the more I realize it's just a matter of convenience and isn't really that good. It's just that being able to run at someone then WD back so fast is a great play and CONVENIENT. WDing everywhere on stage is just stupid and useless. I'm of the opinion players should walk more and edgecancel more.
Yeah a misconception I hear a lot is that wavedash is a universal and omnipotent method of spacing meant to replace all ground movement, which is false, considering there's a lot of characters that don't have good WD's and that it is still a tad slow (not slow slow, but enough to abuse if your strat is to WD around all day). I've been looking at other things and I've found some ignored but useful (depending on character) methods of moving, like crouch canceling out of a dash, especially if you have a good run speed/high reward spacer. That being said WD allows a looooooot of options when used properly.

Totally unrelated to anything but I am laughing so hard.

rofl

keeper

Smash Champion
Glad someone got the joke XD
You mean your sarcasm?

Evan you're going to be an amazing technical writer someday. I wish I had that skill.
I don't write. It's one of the things I'm considered worst at.

Yeah a misconception I hear a lot is that wavedash is a universal and omnipotent method of spacing meant to replace all ground movement, which is false, considering there's a lot of characters that don't have good WD's and that it is still a tad slow (not slow slow, but enough to abuse if your strat is to WD around all day). I've been looking at other things and I've found some ignored but useful (depending on character) methods of moving, like crouch canceling out of a dash, especially if you have a good run speed/high reward spacer. That being said WD allows a looooooot of options when used properly.
L-cancel is the advanced tech I believe all aspiring players should practice the most. It's not situational (unless you have great mindgames) and the application is very straightforward.

Dash cancel is great for many characters, especially Marth, Fox, and Sheik.

Crouch canceling is hard to use for me for some reason. I still don't use it well to this day.

Wavedash is useful, it just has a high learning curve after you actually learn how to do it as applying it has tons of variance to it.

btw no one told me if they're going to lost 3.
*shrug* I just want to play someone. :'|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom