• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
No one really lives in the Gresham area. Box lives in Boring and Binx I THINK might live near Gresham. There is probably 10-15 Portland Smashers. Rarely does everyone get together though.

I still play Melee, Box. I just think it's boring unless I'm doing doubles with Jesse or Eggz

ChinesePanda777

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try to eat nine pounds of chicken for nine hundred dolars at a local chinese restaurant sometime this weekend. I'm psyched, so I'm eating carrots.
China Blue? Good luck with that. My brother tried it and didn't even want to finish it. I don't blame him; I don't care much for their food.

Feelin like crap right now, stupid cold going around. So I sit here and eat gummibears.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey guys, should we have a discount for SSBM/SSBB players who are entering a tourney for the first time? I'm thinking of doing this if attendance is running low, but I don't think it will b/c Melee seems to be getting a strong following. On second thought, I don't think it's a good idea.

Btw I'll be entering to fill the pot for you guys lol ;)

debaser

Smash Lord
damn this tournament's going to be illll

but in what universe is it cool for the door fee to be twice the entrance fee for the tournament? it just seems a little excessive for how big that venue actually is.

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
What the DUECE!? Venue Fee?!!!?!? Phil Nye the stealallyourmoneyandgiveittothe*******satguardiangames guy.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Some of it goes to paying for the venue.

The rest goes to the pot :)

atm I'm not sure about the venue fee, it might be $5 if attendance is 20+, but if not it's gonna be $10.

tbh though that isn't a lot considering GC's always charge $10 + $10 per event (not including gas to get there :p)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol, but we were expecting regional status (like Norcal was coming), that is pretty nice for Melee though.

Oh yeah it was fun playing Melee w/ Surreal, learned a lot and got consistent w/ a lot of basics, which is nice :)

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
@shadic: Link is my roomate's new main haha, he's amazing, but i freaking hate his multijab. He's fun to play as though <3 G&W feels like he's freaking broken as ****... but then again I main G&W and can hold my own against the best of oregon in melee <3. Same with zelda in melee haha (My strong secondary in melee). I love the changes with both of those chars <3. Snake is way too fun as well =).

I love the game =D Only things I really don't like about it are how you can't wavedash up hills *terrible traction or something? it does make sense though* and the Wavedash OoS is dumb since you can't deal with the L/R/Z inputs yet. I wouldn't mind if you made L/R into digital *after it clicks* instead of accepting it after a half input. That's about all the changes that i'd really like myself. Oh and that lucas thing everyone's talking about, but I don't see anyone play lucas yet.

Juce is on his way to my place to play project M right now, and will be here all weekend. I'll save replays <3 Good stuff shadic. It's a shame I've yet to meet you =/

Izayah

Smash Journeyman
@shadic: Link is my roomate's new main haha, he's amazing, but i freaking hate his multijab. He's fun to play as though <3 G&W feels like he's freaking broken as ****... but then again I main G&W and can hold my own against the best of oregon in melee <3. =/
Yet you can't beat my Ganon in melee with your G&W?

Binx

Smash Master
ohhh, that's cute.

it'll be a while before even like, 30 percent of norcal realizes there's a smash scene in oregon.
I'm pretty sure a lot of Portland didn't come because m2k, and cal all backed out like a week before it happened.

The prize pool would have been really good if people ****ing show up but whatever.

EDIT: Gage you should do doubles with me, we could tear it up pretty hard.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
So I move out tomorrow. I decree that I shall have some sort of house warming smash party within a week or two of me being moved in. My new place is in Tualatin, right off exit 289 on Tualatin (the "Jiggles" exit.)

Who is interested in such a thing?

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
You must not want to play smash that badly jeff. I would totally walk five miles to play smash. I would walk five miles just for a churro, and I would walk five hundred more. It's god exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom