• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Gage usually has smashfests once every week or two. We just had a tournament here yesterday that you missed. D:

We both live in Sherwood btw, which is just past tigard/king city

Surreal

Smash Ace
Well either way, I'll see if Gage can hold something for you so you can meet some of OR's players.

Btw there is a tournament in Eugene this coming Saturday if you're interested. If you don't have a ride, there might be someone from up here that may pick you up for it.

Here's the page for it:

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11144

Also, consider making an account on AllisBrawl. Usually tournament pages are uploaded there. This is the place to go to in terms of the OR melee scene however.

Also also, welcome to the smash community! <3

pawnch

Smash Cadet
That'd be great!

I guess i could try the tournament, i just have to see what im doing this weekend, and id have to take the bus or get a ride. ill see if i can get past the first round.

pawnch

Smash Cadet
how big is this expected to be? Theres not to many smashers in oregon, right? mostly college kids.

...but im a tiger fan...

Surreal

Smash Ace
Probably not too big. I'd expect there to be around 8-13 people in melee. It depends on who from Corvallis is coming.

Our biggest tournaments are usually up here near portland, since WA comes down for them and we can get 30-40 people (that's including brawl though. With just melee probably around 15-20ish).

It's nothing compared to California, sure, but they're still a blast to be at.

pawnch

Smash Cadet
yeah wouldnt expect it to be, still it would be nice to go and get some practice with real people that arent ****ty lvl 9 cpus that kill themselves or real people that suck.

ill see what i can do, also im assuming most of you are melee players?

Surreal

Smash Ace
Everyone who posts on here is a melee player, yes. As for the size of our scene, it's about 19-23 melee players, some of them not as active as others are.

I was thinking up everyone I've played in the past month and I've come up with 19 smashers.

Shane AKA Eggz often comes down and visits OR semi frequently, so you'll be able to play him a lot too. Yesterday's tournament was actually one to get him back home haha.

pawnch

Smash Cadet
hell yeah, my kind of place. If i do go, ill need a ride, still deciding.

wow eggz? i wish i couldve seen him. i guess ill get plenty of chances.

Surreal

Smash Ace
I left one smasher a shoutout to see if he's going. He lives in portland too, so he can pick you up if he is. I'll check back when he responds.

keeper

Smash Champion
Nah he plays Wario in Brawl. He likes Melee too but doesn't play it as much. He plays Falcon in Melee.
Alex is really cool.

I go to PSU. How far north of Burnside are you?

SheikSheikSheikSheikSheikSheikSheikSheikSheikSheik

Edit: Jeff suggests I MM you, though I think he meant in height. lol

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
For a second I thought you guys were talking about tristan driving. Is he coming?

I'm going to assume that I'll be the only person from corvallis melee attending. The rest of corvallis are headed for the arnold dorm LAN party next weekend. It's probably for the best. The twins don't have a very big venue.

Also, which part of NW portland do you live in pawnch? I live in scappoose when I'm not at school, so it's probably closer to you than sherwood. The next time I'm home I could get some people from columbia county together and we could have a small smashfest. They're all relatively new as well, so you'd be among peers.

Also I'm considering picking up shiek because corvallis doesn't have shiek practice and they complain about it all the time, so it might be good for them. Well, just allen.

Surreal

Smash Ace
My advice for Allen: Pick up Sheik yourself as well and learn how she works. Play her against falcons, falcos, etc, the people you'd normally play against sheik. Find out her strengths and weaknesses and what you can do to them, and thus what to watch out for when it's your turn to fight sheik. Knowing how a lot of characters play helps a lot even when you don't play them.

Take note of what they do to do to make things hard for you.

EVAN WHY AREN'T YOU ON MSN I HAVE SOMETHING COOL I WANT TO SHOW YOU.

Cactuarz

Smash Ace
... wad... that music fits your melee playstyle O.O. Like... I could see you making a combo video in melee with that music... it fits haha. <3 Can't wait for you at the Eugene tourney =D

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
My first main was Sheik, until I realized she is a dumb, easymode character.

Also, I'm pretty sure Tourneyplay Portland had about 30 Melee players.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
... wad... that music fits your melee playstyle O.O. Like... I could see you making a combo video in melee with that music... it fits haha. <3 Can't wait for you at the Eugene tourney =D
Peanuts fits my playstyle? I like that idea. Now if only I could get my hands on some of those matches allen records every so often, that would be a possibility.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Peanuts fits my playstyle? I like that idea. Now if only allen would separate some of those matches he records every so often, that would be a possibility.

And by alphabet do you mean the pearl pawnch?

Pita

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't planning on driving all the way down to Eugene for this tournament, honestly, especially since it'd cost me an arm and a leg in gas money (since nobody ever contributes anyway).

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
Falcon and Falco dittos?
Next tournament we both go to I would be happy to, although I don't really play Falco.

Wasn't planning on driving all the way down to Eugene for this tournament, honestly, especially since it'd cost me an arm and a leg in gas money (since nobody ever contributes anyway).
Yeah I can't see how people expect rides and don't reimburse the driver.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I love how nobody in this state likes to pay money for traveling. Melee because nobody pays each other, and brawl because Kaylee gave out free rides and spoiled everybody. Also I notice a lot of halfway empty carpools, but since the two sides don't really talk to each other, lots of people pay more. Ah well.

Surreal

Smash Ace
Yeah I can't see how people expect rides and don't reimburse the driver.

To be fair, I make it clear in advance when I literally have no money to pay for gas, and if people decide to pick me up anyways, it's out of their generosity, and I am thankful. I don't want a driver getting angry that I can't pay them gas money though when they were the ones who offered to drive me for free in the first place.

I do believe in paying for gas money, but I'm always poor and broke. lol When I do have money I make sure to offer some to the driver for gas.

Pita

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, I make it clear in advance when I literally have no money to pay for gas, and if people decide to pick me up anyways, it's out of their generosity, and I am thankful. I don't want a driver getting angry that I can't pay them gas money though when they were the ones who offered to drive me for free in the first place.

I do believe in paying for gas money, but I'm always poor and broke. lol When I do have money I make sure to offer some to the driver for gas.
I am aware. But it's just getting a bit ridiculous in expenses right now. I'm surprised Eriq can put up with it, really. A trip from Portland to Sutherlin costs like a tank of gas depending on the car, and the way back is another tank (depending on the car). That's like $60. It adds up quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom