• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emi Hazel

Smash Rookie
Heya.
I'm new to the Portland area. Wondering if there are any Smashfests going on around here. I live in Beaverton, and I prefer to use Lucas at the moment. Trying to decide whether or not I want to get back into the competitive scene, I used to hang out there a lot back in the day in Georgia.
If anyone wants to arrange something let me know.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
If you play brawl, you're gonna have a harder time finding people on here. You'll want to go to AiB if you want more brawl players. The brawl scene is pretty diminished right now though. There's like maybe 5 in northern Oregon

T0MMY

Smash Master
If there are 5 Brawl players in Northern Oregon, then now you've got 6! That's a good number to start a smashfest, that will help bring back the monthlies.

There are plenty of Brawl players in Southern Oregon, mostly in Eugene. We're having a nice Brawl tourney this weekend (in addition to other Smash titles). Maybe catch a ride with CLL or Mason and we can see you down here!
We don't make it up to Portland too often, but when there's a big enough event we'll show up.

Keep an eye on things here at smashboards, this is mostly where the Melee players hang out, and check out the All is Oregon site for more Brawl info and just random social chat.

Emi Hazel

Smash Rookie
For some reason AiB is blocked at my work, but SmashBoards isn't. ;P I did sign up a few moments ago when I was on break, and I was able to post on the wall and request membership in All is Oregon. Sounds awesome. Definitely contact me if you want to arrange a smashfest or hang out, good to meet another Portland Brawler.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Tommy lives in eugene actually.

I do live in the portland area though. I used to play brawl, but with the lack of a good competitive scene around here, I haven't practiced much and I don't have much interest in entering tournaments. I'd be down to smash something. I also know a guy in hillsboro who has a pretty mean mario.

Emi Hazel

Smash Rookie
Would that be Eggz? I know he is primarily melee, I have been texting him and we're going down to Eugene for a tournament tomorrow. :) I'd love to just do a practice smashfest with you and whoever else is in the area sometime, we're trying to arrange something.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
No, eggz hates brawl now. The other guy's name is peter and he goes by rice I think. He recently moved up here from california. Actually, if I'm not working saturday morning, I'd go for a smashfest tomorrow. It would give you good practice for saturday. I'll see if I can get peter involved.

Emi Hazel

Smash Rookie
That would be super awesome. I live in Beaverton, and my friend in Portland should be able to host, though my friend may not have all the characters and stages unlocked on brawl. -_- Someone may want to bring a wii.

Emi Hazel

Smash Rookie
He is so sweet, I will definitely tell him. I will have to host, actually, and I have a very small apartment but I definitely don't mind. I'll try to clean it up as much as I can. I'd rather not post my apartment number publicly, but the area is here:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=butn...+Beaverton,+Washington,+Oregon&gl=us&t=m&z=13

I will go tell Lucario as well. PM me for my cell, anyone who is going, I text better than I check this thing anyway.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
We don't use the acronym "pm" around here unless you're talking about my rob or Shanes lucario
This advice will let you avoid a lot of angry and awkward situations in the future

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Wtf gage? This is a terrible time to be The Villain. PM stands for project melee, so there would be some confusion in other forums. Although context should make that not a problem here. I understood you just fine.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, I am in Eugene. I'll be up at Best Bout if they get their Brawl and/or SSB scene together but I don't play Melee much at all. Although they do have a budding Project: M scene which is awesome. Yeah, saying "PM" is fine, I understood what was meant too X^)

Surreal

Smash Ace
Does Jesse still live in Sherwood? I still have his GC Action Replay and I feel really bad for not returning it.

If he does, someone should send me a message with his cell# or something so I can get it back to him.

Hope you've all been well. <3

T0MMY

Smash Master
I was just thinking of you, Surreal, a few days ago.
Hope things have been good.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Him and James live somewhere else now. Like Beavertonish area I think
James, as in Aftermath James? I bet they play lots of Samus and Falcon matches, honing their skills for the next tournament where Team Rocket comes in and wipes everyone out.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
That's actually more than I expected. XD
I hope it was two games on Mushroom Kingdom II. Anything else would be unacceptable.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Yeah, that is unfortunate planning. . . The OSU event has been planned for like 2 months. Although the original post was made by Allen on the Facebook page, so it is fair that you didn't see that. . .

Zomgbrawl

Smash Rookie
Hey all, just moved into Portland from central Florida and lookin' to hopefully find a few smashers around to hang out and play with. Prefer brawl, but any smash will do (though I don't have a 64 controller anymore :( ). Just looking to help relieve stress and kill time while I'm still looking for work.

Zomgbrawl

Smash Rookie
Yar, first time really lookin' for folks online. Quite an introvert and kinda anti-social usually, but smash is worth getting outta my comfort zone a little ^.^U Btw, are you also the t0mmy mod on the AiB All-is-Oregon group? If so, mind accepting me into the group? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom