• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Yeah, got you added.
With AiB, Smashboards, and the FB group you should have everything you could possibly need for Smash info. Oregon's got it all covered X^)

Zomgbrawl

Smash Rookie
Sweeeeet, can't wait :D Haven't had any really good smash in months. My roommates like it too and I love em' to death, but they hardly know how to play. I need to either have good competition or get my face stomped (the latter is most likely unless me and my buddy back in FL were alot better than we thought we were, which I doubt we are :p).

Zomgbrawl

Smash Rookie
Cool cool, never picked up smash 64 on the virtual console, will have to fix that :) So smash fests at Best Bout, are they primarily melee? Much brawl going on there?

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
Civil War LAN 5 Results:

1: Eggz
2: FoosJr
3: JhonnyWins
4: Jizzard
5: Alien
5: Black Guy
7: BDK
7: Purpletuce
9: Kendall
9: [Zoned] Siglemic
9: SpyMachine
9: Brick
13: Bobby
13: Chris
13: Smurf
13: Bench

Melee singles bracket.png

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Does SSB VC recognize the C-stick? Playing Smash Bros. without one feels so weird now that I've gotten so used to using it.
The "C-buttons" from the N64 were mapped over to the C-stick. So the game recognizes the C-stick, but it only results in jumping. Everything else is Melee-style (including Z for Grab/Aerial Attack and L/R for Shield).

E-102 Gamma

Smash Journeyman
The "C-buttons" from the N64 were mapped over to the C-stick. So the game recognizes the C-stick, but it only results in jumping. Everything else is Melee-style (including Z for Grab/Aerial Attack and L/R for Shield).
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info. Bummer that the C-stick doesn't work the way it does in Melee... :(

T0MMY

Smash Master
It kind of bothered me with the C-stick taking the place of the C-buttons, but I just ignored using it and it ended up helping me improve the control of my character.
Now when I am teaching people how to play I have them practice nudging, tilting, and smashing the control stick along with the usual basics. Seems to help them out a lot.

Binx

Smash Master
anyone wanna get together saturday and play a little? I live near 82nd and Glisan, I can drive to someones house nearby or you can come over here and play.

GoodleShoes

Smash Apprentice
Around the first of July I'll be in Portland OR for about 2 weeks. Is there some Portland group I could get in contact with to play some smash? I'd really appreciate any help.

Hey Smashers, is anyone willing to help me up my game somewhat? I'm going to a small tournament deal and I'm looking to up my game to give myself a chance at winning. I'll update my FC so you can see me, just a moment...

T0MMY

Smash Master
Thanks for posting the links, Adam. It's very appreciated.
I am, however, seeing that having a Smashboards thread that isn't updated periodically serves to redirect players elsewhere which cuts the Oregon SWF presence off at the knees.
Additionally, the Oregon group on AiB got locked to members only (due to too many complaints about one individual finding their way to an admin), which is against my open policy, so that group is now an exclusive resource, which stifles potential interest for new players interested in competing in tournaments.
I'm going to try to help bolster discussion on SWF and see how that helps things.

So, uh, I'm going to the University of Oregon in about 4 days.

Are there any Smashers that go to UO?

Also, I really don't know much about tourneys--I'm more just into playing the game in any way possible to have fun.

Tspeeds

Smash Rookie
Hello, i am new to smash boards. I am looking for a group that does smash sessions hosting and all that good stuff. If you can help me please reply

Last edited:

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Just going to post this here.

If anyone wants to play in the sketchy-canker laden-socially withdrawn-inspiration draining city of klamath falls at a sketchy messy house where I "swear to god it was clean yesterday" please feel free to hit me up.

bring malt liquor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom