• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Actually, for your information, I have played almost every Metroid game (besides Metroid 2 and Super Metroid). I just don't see how Ridley would play out. He's too **** big. Dark Samus and Rundas, however are perfect additions.
First of all, PLAY SUPER METROID NOW!
And second of all, read the first post.

I seriously hate the size arguement.
:mad:

Aphotik

Smash Apprentice
I too would like Ridley to be playable in Brawl but...how come no one has made any threads for Dark Samus or Rundas? They seem to be more likely candidates.
There is a Dark Samus thread. It's so inactive that you'll have to dig for it though. :p

StarIceRaptor

Smash Cadet
Actually, for your information, I have played almost every Metroid game (besides Metroid 2 and Super Metroid). I just don't see how Ridley would play out. He's too **** big. Dark Samus and Rundas, however are perfect additions.
What is with people and still thinking that Ridley's size is an issue? He's practically no bigger than Samus in the original Metroid and the intro movie in SSBM.

Dark Samus would be a good playable rep as well, and Rundas would be a cool character addition, but Ridley is Samus' main rival given his history with her - killing her parents, being a part of the plot in almost every Metroid game to date and even initiating the plot in some cases (Metroid Prime)

Don't even bother thinking about the awkward arguement btw; the Omega Ridley boss fight in MP3 displays his natural-like movement.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
OOOH the old size argument eh?? Awesome. Let me dig up an old post of mine.

Ridley's size is inconsequential. It can be adjusted, just like Bowser, Kirby, Pikachu's sizes have been altered to fit the game better. Pikachu SHOULD NOT be half the size of Peach. If we were doing actual sizes he reach up to her shin. Maybe. Same with Kirby.
I present to you a few Bowser appearances:

In Mario 64:

In Mario Strikers:

In Mario Sunshine:

Still think Ridley is too big? Didn't think so.

Sonink

Smash Journeyman
The size argument was dealt with on the first post of this thread, throughout the entirety of the thread itself, and on the very active debunking thread by RBinator.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
"Anyone who thinks Ridley should be in Brawl is automatically an idiot in my book."

See how that can work against you?

Sorry, but Waluigi isn't necessary a no-chance character. I don't support him, but I just think it's silly to hate on people who want one character in while also supporting a character other people don't want. :ohwell:

Sirias

Smash Champion
Again, the more characters the better.
Ridley would be godly. <3
But Samus must be better. SHE MUST! For she owns him good...
Unless of course you're a crappy player that can't beat Ridley. :D

He wouldn't have too many moves, though, I don't think...

Meta-Knight

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, but Waluigi isn't necessary a no-chance character. I don't support him, but I just think it's silly to hate on people who want one character in while also supporting a character other people don't want. :ohwell:
What is with you? I never said I didn't want Ridley in Brawl...I just thought that the size would be an issue is all. And now that I understand the resizing thing, yadayada, I'd like to see him in the game. And I wish people like Gypsy Lee wouldn't call me an idiot just for supporting Waluigi. :mad:

Sirias

Smash Champion
Just ignore them.
Size isn't really much of a matter, they can just make Ridley smaller, of course looking a little silly, because Ridley's 'supposed' to be quite large.

WaLuigi. Lol.
Hate his voice. XD
But it's an awesome kind of hate.

They have to put someone else from Samus in, come ooonnn...
Samus is godly. She makes me weak in the pants. <3

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If you think Waluigi has a chance to be in Brawl you are an: Idiot.
If you just like the character then: We don't care.

But seriously read the first ****ing post before you post... and seriously Rundas and DS more likely?... Yhea like how Midna is more likely than Ganondorf.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
waluigi wouldnt be a bad choice(though i am totally against him)for once i caan see the mario bros vs the wario bros only problem is wario bwing his own rep but mabye waluigi could be added to your roster at an nintendo event mabye?mabye be a stupid idea

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Exactly...
:laugh:

:(:(:(:(:(
i am sad.....
Well, there goes another hope for the AC fans (though I'm not one myself, I can understand the disappointment of those who are).

no one ever talks about ganondorf's size either, but in TP, hes freaking huge!

check out this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0nkdOwKSbg (make sure your volume is low, cos theres some crappy song playing)

link doesn't even reach his shoulder.
Yep. People just use size as a way of covering up their personal bias against certain characters.

But Samus must be better. SHE MUST!
Elaborate on what you mean by "better". Faster? Stronger? More balanced? What?

For she owns him good...
While that's true most of the time, I can't really picture Zero Suit Samus owning Ridley. The only reason she's been able to beat him plenty a' times before is because of her Chozo-designed suit and the power it holds. Without it, she would lose the advantage she had against Ridley before (in her Zero Suit form).

Unless of course you're a crappy player that can't beat Ridley. :D
So you're saying Ridley should suck then for those who prefer to play as the "good guys" ?

He wouldn't have too many moves, though, I don't think...
Sure he would. For one, they could combine the techniques he's used all throughout the games he's been in, or make up some other moves for him in the process. Captain Falcon's SSB moveset for example was made from scratch. That's right. From scratch. There was no "Falcon Punch", "Falcon Kick", or any of that before Super Smash Brothers.

What is with you? I never said I didn't want Ridley in Brawl...I just thought that the size would be an issue is all. And now that I understand the resizing thing, yadayada, I'd like to see him in the game. And I wish people like Gypsy Lee wouldn't call me an idiot just for supporting Waluigi. :mad:
Yeah. Sorry about what they did...

I usually don't flame those who don't know any better unless they flame me first. :\

Gypsy Lee

Smash Champion
Ridley will be top tier, there's no denying that. The reason he's getting beat by Samus is because if he uses his full power, he'll cause the universe to implode, and kill himself plus everyone else.

Also, bumpitty bumpitty boo.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
My poem for the poem contest...

Who is he who lives for gain,
Who dies for none,
Who fights for pain?
Rare shall he be seen by men
for there is only one

Strong is he who kills for fun,
Amid the void, the rapid run
For when all is lost,
and death is near,
where are those who fought in tears?

In loss and in pain,
Among the rain,
There stands he who fought for gain
In glory and valor,
The final prowler
The one for whom the thunder tolls...

Tall he stands, and pride he holds
In the brutal hots, and the harshest colds
Basking in a victory all his own,
Across the battlefield for which he's known...

With fiery eyes he stands in light
Eager for the final fight!
When all is death, and none is life
Where is he who stood for strife?!

The sound of death is finally rung
The eerie call of death's return,
Who is he who stands?!
"Ridley, Ridley, Ridley!" sounds
and nevermore shall pain be felt...

Aren't I just the most kicka$$ person ever?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
whatever the case, if he looks half as badass as Bowser or Snake looks, i'll be happy

but considering Sakurai, he'll go overboard on Ridley
*nods and agrees* Yeah, his character design should be flawless and he's so gonna be Sovereign Tier.

He's in a league of his own. Ridley 4 Brawl!

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
OT: Now that I think about it, Ganondorf could be in now that I saw his sword in that video. Seems he likes to use it more often.

Also, about Ridley's Throws. Would they be unique from Bowser? Honestly, I wanna see him pick someone up, (a two part throw) headbutt once, then put on fire.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
^^Perhaps Ridley could impale someone on his razor sharp wings or use his talons in his throws. But yeah, throwing his victims in the air and then setting them ablaze would truly be a sight to behold.

RIDLEY 4 BRAWL!

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Some characters should have a special air grab... like Ridley imagine grabbing a player in your talons and er... flying somewhere with them.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Why is my post being quoted?? :confused::confused:

Edit: Wait, now I see what's going on.

I was responding to Gypsy Lee's comments about people who support Waluigi by substituting Waluigi's name for Ridley. Guess it's my fault for not directly quoting him...

...And yet, shouldn't the rest of my post have indicated that I wasn't actually bashing Waluigi support?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Can I be the Emo Ranger with the Mohawk?? PLEASE?!?!?

ZOMG WIKIPEDIA FTW

Luke: Chaos Mohawk Emo Ranger (Played by Luke Markey)

A cynical, anticapitalist youth, his youthful movements in battle are one of his higher qualities. His suit is black and red and has an over-sized Mohawk haircut on the top. Luke hates the government, capitalism, and even his own mother. His Fightbot is a large red robot with a Mohawk, and it attaches to the Mega-fightbot as the right arm. He is also the Christmas Turkey Emo Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom