• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Mog for Brawl thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
but you don't just consider someone 1st party. Geno is owned by square. we may consider him 1st party cause he stared in a mario title. but he is 3rd party like it or not.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Sakurai won't get another SE rep because Geno IS that SE rep.
Boy, that was a funny joke.

You're telling me a character who starred in a Mario game is gonna be the one who reps SE?

Thats rich. :chuckle:

but you don't just consider someone 1st party. Geno is owned by square. we may consider him 1st party cause he stared in a mario title. but he is 3rd party like it or not.
Theres no doubt that Geno is actually 3rd party, but when it comes to being a Brawl addition, Sakurai would consider him 1st party in that respect.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Of course it would have been different if Tetsuya Nomura went to Sakurai and asked him directly that they add Cloud Strife to Brawl, but that is not the case here.

Fans voted for Geno on the polls.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
it does not matter who reps the company it matters if Nintendo think they can draw a profit in the long term by buying a 3rd party character. they didn't get sonic for the epicness.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Someone needs to do their homework.
Having two characters from one company would be superfluous and unfair.
Says you? Do you actually know if Sakurai buys into these beliefs of yours? My gut tells me he will add who he wants to add, company be ****ed.

Fans voted for Geno on the polls.
If you are referring to the Brawl polls then you only saw a fraction of the total results. In the melee poll he tied with Mallow.

it does not matter who reps the company it matters if Nintendo think they can draw a profit in the long term by buying a 3rd party character. they didn't get sonic for the epicness.
Its reasonable to assume that Nintendo wants characters that make more money than what they spent to get them right? This being the case, they would only go for a Megaman or a Cloud if they knew those characters were going to pay for themselves and make them profit. Smash Bros. Brawl is going to sell, we know that much, if they spend millions on a high profile third party, how many sales is it going to take to make up for the money that was spent?

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Says you? Do you actually know if Sakurai buys into these beliefs of yours? My gut tells me he will add who he wants to add, company be ****ed.
Of course what he says goes, but he is for major fan service, otherwise, the polls he released would be in vain.

If you are referring to the Brawl polls then you only saw a fraction of the total results. In the melee poll he tied with Mallow.
Where are these brilliant poll results?

Also, if you don't remember, Geno is under the third party list. He is owned by Square-Enix, therefor he would be representing Square-Enix.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't necessarily state that they mean next to nothing. Polls have numerical value, typically a character with the most votes gets a better shot at getting it passed.

Geno had what, five mentions? That would be tied with most mentions with King Dedede. Followed by other characters who are already confirmed to be on the roster like Diddy Kong.

If there were moogles on those mentions, I don't remember seeing it.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
the poll was taken in japan only and was only in a short space of time + not everyone knew about the polls.

the polls will not change the character out come. just look at stafy

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Look at him. Along with Saki Ayama, and Waluigi. They were on the polls as well, I doubt that they were as high as characters like Diddy Kong and Meta Knight, and they made it as assist trophies.

Characters who have a higher vote should and are more probable to be playable.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Of course what he says goes, but he is for major fan service, otherwise, the polls he released would be in vain.
He lends an ear to what the fans have to say, but he won't always cave in to their demands. Toad being a good example of this. Highly requested in Melee polls, never made playable and he was a prominent Mario Bros. character who was important to the franchise. Appearing in many games filler and non-filler and being a major support character in comics and cartoons.

Where are these brilliant poll results?
I don't know the full Brawl results, but I do know that more than 290 people sent in their suggestions so I won't comment any further on that one.

As for the Melee polls...

These are the top 10 most requested characters overall.

1. Bowser: 169
2. Princess Peach: 66
3. Wario: 65
4. King Dedede: 46
5. Ganon(dorf): 36
6. James Bond: 35
7. Mewtwo: 35
8. Banjo & Kazooie: 33
9. Toad: 27
10. Mew: 24

These are the top 10 most requested characters from the Mario Bros. Universe

4. Toad: 27
5. Koopa Troopa: 9
6. Kamek: 8
7. Goomba: 7
8. Mallow: 5
9. Geno: 5
10. Baby Mario: 3

Here is the link to the results:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
He lends an ear to what the fans have to say, but he won't always cave in to their demands. Toad being a good example of this. Highly requested in Melee polls, never made playable and he was a prominent Mario Bros. character who was important to the franchise. Appearing in many games filler and non-filler and being a major support character in comics and cartoons.

I don't know the full Brawl results, but I do know that more than 290 people sent in their suggestions so I won't comment any further on that one.

As for the Melee polls...

These are the top 10 most requested characters overall.

4. King Dedede: 46
5. Ganon(dorf): 36
6. James Bond: 35
7. Mewtwo: 35
8. Banjo & Kazooie: 33
9. Toad: 27
10. Mew: 24

These are the top 10 most requested characters from the Mario Bros. Universe

4. Toad: 27
5. Koopa Troopa: 9
6. Kamek: 8
7. Goomba: 7
8. Mallow: 5
9. Geno: 5
10. Baby Mario: 3

Here is the link to the results:

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n01/n64/software/nus_p_nalj/smash/PostResult3.html
well there is 1 mog supporter with a brain

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Melee is kind of outdated at this point. I did have a link to GameFAQs thread on the poll results, but they weren't counted, and the link is now expired, and haven't bothered looking through the reorganized threads they have. It was just a vague summary of unnumbered sum of the votes along with his journal mentions of specific characters. Those specific characters with the most mentions have already been confirmed like I stated earlier, with the exception of Geno.

King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Ike, and a few others. King Dedede and Geno had the most mentions out of all characters.

Krystal was also up there as well, I think she had two or three mentions if you were wondering.

Since Geno is considered third party he would probably keep it secret since more people are interested in third party inclusions at this point, and would probably be keeping some characters veiled until the release date or else it would kill some of the hype.

But back to our beloved furries, I can't recall seeing a moogle mention on there once. I do remember seeing Kingdom Hearts' Sora, but he didn't have any specific mentions.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Melee is kind of outdated at this point. I did have a link to GameFAQs thread on the poll results, but they weren't counted, and the link is now expired, and haven't bothered looking through the reorganized threads they have. It was just a vague summary of unnumbered sum of the votes along with his journal mentions of specific characters. Those specific characters with the most mentions have already been confirmed like I stated earlier, with the exception of Geno.

King Dedede, Diddy Kong, Ike, and a few others. King Dedede and Geno had the most mentions out of all characters.

Krystal was also up there as well, I think she had two or three mentions if you were wondering.

Since Geno is considered third party he would probably keep it secret since more people are interested in third party inclusions at this point, and would probably be keeping some characters veiled until the release date or else it would kill some of the hype.

But back to our beloved furries, I can't recall seeing a moogle mention on there once. I do remember seeing Kingdom Hearts' Sora, but he didn't have any specific mentions.
Yeah, but the thing is we don't know for sure just how many other characters were mentioned. For all we know Moogles could have been suggested, but Sakurai didn't display the full Brawl results, otherwise we would see the mountain of Sonic suggestions he likely received.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
bond.. lol

the polls are only an indication of what certain people want. the latest poll was done to take a quick survey not a sensis. Don't live by the poll. it is very very minimal

EDIT - i'm gonna clock off. have a good1

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Exactly, he most likely illustrated which characters had more votes and left the others out purposely so he can keep a somewhat decent idea on which characters people want.

Why would he still consider character 1 when he/she/it only got 3 votes out of all voters? It would be redundant to keep that character in his mind's cache when he definately knows they won't be on there.

And if Sonic did get the most votes out of all characters, I don't see why he would even bother to mention him when he was basically a shoe-in.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Exactly, he most likely illustrated which characters had more votes and left the others out purposely so he can keep a somewhat decent idea on which characters people want.

Why would he still consider character 1 when he/she/it only got 3 votes out of all voters?
Thats the problem, I think Link's Uncle actually got 3 votes out of all the voters, but he still showed up on the list.

And if Sonic did get the most votes out of all characters, I don't see why he would even bother to mention him when he was basically a shoe-in.
I think that you would agree that a character like King Dedede would be a shoe-in, but he still showed up on the list.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I don't know too much about the whereabouts on Link's Uncle other than I doubt he be playable, but we don't really know how many votes King Dedede got. I was just referring to his journal mentions because what I saw wasn't tallied other than the mentions itself. He and Geno are tied for mot mentions.

I am 'assuming' that Sonic got a landslide of votes compared to King Dedede, which is why he probably didn't feel the need he had to consider adding him because he was wanted that much.

Wikipedia said:
The most requested third-party character, Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog, was announced to be in the game on October 10, 2007.
Note: Looking for concrete source instead of Wikipedia.
Edit: Nothing ATM

I wouldn't second guess that notion though. Now if you pit that against a moogle who I don't ever recall seeing on the poll results, it makes our beloved furries seem insignificant. )=

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
we HAVE provided intelligent arguements!

but when we do you haters bring up some random **** and ignore the arguement.
This post says to me that you haven't changed at all. You are still a juvenile delinquent with nothing better to do then make outrageous statements with the hope of getting a response. And stop ****** the English language leaving lines between your sentences it just makes you look more like a douche bag.

D

Deleted member

My responses in Green.

Boy, that was a funny joke.

You're telling me a character who starred in a Mario game is gonna be the one who reps SE?

Thats rich. :chuckle:

=| It's true... it's either Geno or SE ain't getting a rep. Geno is the most wanted SE rep and it would be cruel and unfair if they got 2. They should save rooms for other characters like Megaman, Bomberman and Pacman. Those guys are stars of their own franchises and Megaman and Pacman are the mascots to their rightful ownership. Not sure about Bomberman though. Mog isn't for SE but neither is Geno but Geno is still the most wanted shown on the polls and the fact that Sakurai is intruiged after doing some studying.

SE won't get 2 reps. That I can guarantee because Sakurai is gonna save room for more worthy 3rd party characters like Megaman. It's very hard to get 3rd party characters though. There's fees to pay and Sakurai would have to go some pretty hectic legal issues to even get ONE character in. He won't do it twice from the same company.

Yes, Geno is considered a Mario character but they still have to go through all that crap to get him in.

Theres no doubt that Geno is actually 3rd party, but when it comes to being a Brawl addition, Sakurai would consider him 1st party in that respect.
As I said before:
Yes, he's a third party rep and a Mario rep but Sakurai still has to go through legal fees to get one third party character in.

platnum

Smash Lord
This post says to me that you haven't changed at all. You are still a juvenile delinquent with nothing better to do then make outrageous statements with the hope of getting a response. And stop ****** the English language leaving lines between your sentences it just makes you look more like a douche bag.
you did it again! when have you guys ever given a good reply?its always:mog wont be in!
chocobo out prioritizes him!have you ever played an FF game?

you know what those scentinces have in common?well I will tell you.
1)they dont truly reply.
2)they dont give ANY reasons.

I beleve I made my point.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Hey I saw Mog in the running for the smashboards Character battle v 2.0 are you guys gona go represent and enter him in (he only has one vote)

you did it again! when have you guys ever given a good reply?its always:mog wont be in!

1)they dont truly reply.

I believe you just proved their point.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master

1)they dont truly reply.

oh this guy is too good. how old are you? like nine?. Stop butchering the english language!

platnum. you provide 1 argument that is intelligent and spelled correctly i will say mog for brawl.

not you krystal. we know you have a brain. this is aimed at platnum.

Oh this guy is too good. How old are you? Like nine? Stop butchering the English language!

Platnum; If you provide 1 argument that is intelligent and spelled correctly I will say Mog for brawl. Not you krystal, we know you have a brain, this is aimed at Platnum.
Fixed.

(Don't try to accuse people of things you do yourself, even if it is Platnum).

platnum

Smash Lord
oh this guy is too good. how old are you? like nine?. Stop butchering the english language!

platnum. you provide 1 argument that is intelligent and spelled correctly i will say mog for brawl.

not you krystal. we know you have a brain. this is aimed at platnum.
alright,I give up.I suck at arguing.

I'm 14 by the way.

platnum

Smash Lord
hahahah. too good. have you got 1 reason why mog should be in brawl. just one?
He is a moogle,they are just as recognizable as chocobos. he combines black mage,white mage,dragoon,summoner,and dancer.he could also have a chocobo in his moveset. Essentialy mog is everything about FF wraped into one charater.chocobo cant say that.

Are those enough reasons for you?

note:I used my Wii to post this and it lacks spell check.please forgive misspellings.

Repryx

Smash Champion
hahahah. too good. have you got 1 reason why mog should be in brawl. just one?
Because Mog would Produce a different type of style in the smash world as well as introduce different kinds of spells.

Through the FF Series Mog has mastered quite a few fighting styles(or weapons) so yea...but then a counter argument would be Sakurai $$ issues and I think only a few Mogs have been on nintendo.

But lets remove the $$ issues and make Brawl our game...Other seemingly nonsensical Character would make an appearance as well...I.E Viewtiful Joe...and Geno...Sonic (as much as I love him) is Nonensical as well. in fact it doesnt make sence to invite non nintendo characters but since we have done it already why not bolster the roster?

Also the inclusion of Mog would reach out to further audiences. Not counting the $$ issues.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
no there not. have the played the dungeon games? Chocobo can cast magic too and have mog in his move-set. Chocobo's are the mascot. they can do all those things too. FAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom