• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Mog for Brawl thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

platnum

Smash Lord
ok...

i cant come up with anything un-biasd that sends mog skyrocketing past choco.

but they are still equal!

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
yeah it is. he can't give a straight answer so he just does some crap thing like that.

platnum you are kupo for crap

EDIT - now i'm off to watch some ghost whisperer. i will be back soon man i am looking forward to some platnum class posts

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
yeah it is. he can't give a straight answer so he just does some crap thing like that.

platnum you are kupo for crap

EDIT - now i'm off to watch some ghost whisperer. i will be back soon man i am looking forward to some platnum class posts
He said hes played FF before and if I were to tell you what spam was, I would probably say "useless off topic post". :p

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
I still don't think mog will get in, but I like debating! ^^

Anyways I found this little article of moogle on wikipedia:

"Moogles first appear in the Final Fantasy series in Final Fantasy III and are present in all subsequent numbered installments except Final Fantasy IV, in addition to Final Fantasy Tactics, Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and Final Fantasy: Unlimited. They were used as Save Points in Final Fantasy IX. Moogles appear only as stuffed dolls in Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy VII Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus. Moogles make an appearance in the Seiken Densetsu series as a race and/or as a status condition in Final Fantasy Adventure, Secret of Mana, and Seiken Densetsu 3, and are mentioned in Sword of Mana. They make an appearance in the Chocobo series in Chocobo no Fushigina Dungeon, Chocobo's Dungeon 2, Chocobo Racing, and Chocobo Land: A Game of Dice. They also appear in all three games of the Kingdom Hearts series, which includes Moogles named after many famous characters from the series. Finally, a Moogle appears in Egg Monster Heroes, while one is an unlockable character in Mario Hoops 3-on-3. Moogles have appeared as characters in numerous webcomics, such as Ren from Mac Hall. In Exploitation Now there is a character named Ralph who is known as "a walking copyright infringement waiting to happen" and appears very similar to a moogle."

It appears that Moogle appeared in many games, but as cameos. He was only playable in Final Fantasy 6 and 4. I have FFIV and Mogs is in it. Remeber, this is wikipedia and can be edited by anyone.
Did you even read the article? There are no moogles in Final Fantasy 4

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Mog's design would be kind of bland, he would look better in his Dueler X guise from Chocobo Tales and Dungeon games.

A Black Mage would seem more suited for battle than a petite moogle or feathery fiends with an arsenal of black magic even imbued into his normal A attacks.

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
Arg! It's the Crystal Chronicles moogle.
I've never come across anything in the world that has made me want to hug it more than that thing.

Seriously though, I was responding to the poster's response to the article, not the article itself.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
I didn't care much for their Crystal Chronicle designs. I do like Ivalice's moogles though. Montblanc, Nono, or Hardy for the win.

platnum

Smash Lord
Mog's design would be kind of bland, he would look better in his Dueler X guise from Chocobo Tales and Dungeon games.

A Black Mage would seem more suited for battle than a petite moogle or feathery fiends with an arsenal of black magic even imbued into his normal A attacks.
better idea:mog alt costume:black mage moogle,dueler X,and montblanc!

D

Deleted member

The following post is not a stupid pointless annoying message. It is to express my feelings for Mog for being in the upcoming game Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

nothx

platnum

Smash Lord
The following post is not a stupid pointless annoying message. It is to express my feelings for Mog for being in the upcoming game Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

nothx
well,supose mog did get in,what would you do?

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
lol. do you really think there will be more than one more 3rd party character slots. i am skeptical that there will be another one. the bottom line is.... nobody can out do bomberman or megaman

EDIT - not including geno. you know the go with him

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You're right but I think that they'll only allow 1 SE rep. Geno perhaps?
If Geno is going to be considered a 1st party once he gets in, what will stop Sakurai for asking for a second SE rep after he gets him?

D

Deleted member

If Geno is going to be considered a 1st party once he gets in, what will stop Sakurai for asking for a second SE rep after he gets him?
Sakurai does consider Geno a first party but he still has to pay a fee for Geno.

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
can anybody apart from kystal come up with an intelligent argument of why mog should take the last 3rd party spot?
Can anybody guarantee that there will only be three third-party characters?

I probably could and would, if I advocated the idea that he be included in Brawl. The thing is, I don't. I like moogles, but I can't see a moogle being added over a black mage since a black mage seems a lot more versatile.

And like others mentioned, I believe that the slot will go to Geno, despite him representing a Mario game. He is fully owned by Square, despite Nintendo owning storyboard rights. Having two characters from one company would be superfluous and unfair.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
this thread is too too good. i am getting the biggest kick out of this
I am also.....

I will restate my earlier argument:

If Sakurai considers Geno 1st party, what would stop him from going to SE for a second rep for a character he would actually consider a 3rd party addition? Don't tell me its about the fees either, he can pay that with ease. Somehow I don't believe a character like Geno is going to cost an arm and leg....maybe he will, but I seriously doubt it. :)

D

Deleted member

I am also.....

I will restate my earlier argument:

If Sakurai considers Geno 1st party, what would stop him from going to SE for a second rep for a character he would actually consider a 3rd party addition? Don't tell me its about the fees either, he can pay that with ease. Somehow I don't believe a character like Geno is going to cost an arm and leg....maybe he will, but I seriously doubt it. :)
Sakurai won't get another SE rep because Geno IS that SE rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom