• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

Ludwig Van Beethoven

Smash Cadet
Name-Matt; Area-Farmingville, Central Suffolk; Main Char-Luigi; Contact-AIM: Blarfenzo.

Hope it isn't too late to put info, would enjoy some tourneys very much.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Well here is the list so far of people that I know are going for sure. so if you are post up

[Alejandro P
Bum
Dark.Pch (I.E)
Dmon
Eli
Furious-fox
Gkracker (I.E)
Gmoney
Hazz
Neldz87
R3no
Shadow (I.E)
Snakeee (I.E)
Starz
Tetra
Unknownz
Xephlalon
Around 20 players from the school

Boxob

Smash Champion
Name - Jerry
Area - Farmingville
central Suffolk,
Main - Falco,
Aim : Robots Erraugh or imjerryman.

Chances are I can go to anything, I'm always free and I need to fight other people.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
I don't know what's what with this thread anymore. It seems like the majority of the LI smashers on the first post are either not playing anymore or go by different names in different locations and don't check this thread at all.

Well if you are from LI, and you play smash, and you're interested in getting better.... let me know. I want to get some more competition flowing out of LI. If anything I can help you learn to become good in the long run. Let me know where you are and what days you have available.
yo i'm the best on L.I. eva eva eva eva
so QUIT LIFE and yes it is still funny, i dont give ****.

iight pe@ce

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Is there a thread for the Imperial Era Tournament or did it already pass or am I just missing something?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I propose some new ideas for when we play and i think they will help everyone get better at a good rate because lets face it, the best way of getting better where we are at is knowing matchups, and adapting, ideas that the 2 following ideas will promote.

2 tourney ideas that will promote using different characters in odd situations. Don't worry they won't be for money :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Random Character

Kind of speaks for itself, click the side of the screen let the game pick a character. Obviously, dont use the same character more than once in a set if picked. Also as per Eli's idea you can ban 3 characters YOU do not want to use for the whole tourney.

Character Strike

This is one I though of myself. Through the tourney you have a list of characters with you, every match you can pick a character, and you cant use the character the rest of the tourney. The exception is if there are too many matches then a character will be picked at random to be revived.

These will encourage character variation and actually picking more than one character at the select screen all the time which in turn will just well, let everyone get better and have fun and stuff.

Discuss.

scrapecity

Smash Journeyman
I propose some new ideas for when we play and i think they will help everyone get better at a good rate because lets face it, the best way of getting better where we are at is knowing matchups, and adapting, ideas that the 2 following ideas will promote.

2 tourney ideas that will promote using different characters in odd situations. Don't worry they won't be for money :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Random Character

Kind of speaks for itself, click the side of the screen let the game pick a character. Obviously, dont use the same character more than once in a set if picked. Also as per Eli's idea you can ban 3 characters YOU do not want to use for the whole tourney.

Character Strike

This is one I though of myself. Through the tourney you have a list of characters with you, every match you can pick a character, and you cant use the character the rest of the tourney. The exception is if there are too many matches then a character will be picked at random to be revived.

These will encourage character variation and actually picking more than one character at the select screen all the time which in turn will just well, let everyone get better and have fun and stuff.

Discuss.
werd up to dat. any body ready to choose non high tier?

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Warning! A new Smasher has arrived!!!

Okay, so I only went to one tournament and placed in the bottom half, but I really feel that all I need is the proper training with the right guys. Long Island needs to be placed in the Smash Map!

Name: Clai
Main: Peach, Ice Climbers, Shiek

I'll be home December 21st after finals are done. Anyone near Bellmore willing to friendly with me? (I know I'm close to Uniondale, I've been there before)?

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Sorry for slacking on updates, but I'm only as active as this thread and the LI smash community which clearly doesn't have as many active players as the first post of this thread insinuates.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I guess you cuold say I lead LI considering i run this thread, maintain the player finder, and im one of the more active people as in unlike hofstra im awake during the day lol

Xephalon

Smash Journeyman
hey uuhh wheres the smash scene guys??!!!?! ryan is like the only one alive..we gotta have a smashfest or somethin. or ima quit smash :-(

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
the smash scene on L.I is fine. We sorta plan things on the spot so we nvr post what smashfests were having on the boards. We may create a smashfest within like an hour on a tuesday night and end up with 6 or 7 people. good stuff imo. u jus gta know where smash is at here.

And Dmon, lol were the *** did u dissapear to? havent seen or heard from u since VLS.

Nexas

Smash Rookie
It seems several people have stopped playing and are waiting for brawl to come out.

KingFeeF

Smash Apprentice
Someone should set something up over the holiday break. I CAN GO, just please set something up. smashfest or anything.(or if anyone wants to come here and play thats fine as well but i live in mastic).

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
Seriously somebody needs to set a smashfest up before the vacation ends, I'll gladly do it if people dont mind the tight space.

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
I wanna record matches, I have a camera and can easily just load the matches onto youtube now.. so whoever wants to recond come on over.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Hey LI I will be in massapequa playing smash all night call me if you wanna smash RYAN!...and others ^_^ 646 842 0950

Top Bottom