• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Long Island Smash Thread

SLH

Smash Journeyman
super short notice smashfest at dmon's tomorroooooow, bring friendz

go any time after 12, IM me or him if you need info for some reason

don't break any chairs

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
Dont know yet, my house is small >.<

I'm trying to see if a friend of mine will let me bring the wii to his house once I get it.

SLH

Smash Journeyman
WATCH IT NOW

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G39snnb6_TA

so yeah, after getting the idea a year or two ago we're finally gonna do it. we're aiming to get it out sometime before the USA release of brawl

keep in mind, just cause you didn't get a clip in the trailer, or even see your name in the 'starring' part, doesn't mean you can't be in the final video - we just used those clips/names cause those were the people at the dmonfest a week or two ago. ANY LI SMASHER can be in it, but you NEED to play with me or dmon, or message me on aim and send me clips (sn: SirLightningHat)

i went through pretty much everything i could find on youtube, but all i managed to get were a few clips of alejandro and hbk(and ryan's kirby combo lol). if you're gonna send me a clip, please make sure it's up to the standards for being in the combo video; fox uthrow->uair or marth fthrow->fsmash, etc. doesn't count. funny clips are up for you to decide i guess, just don't try too hard staging it or something. all of this should go without saying, but don't waste my time or yours with crappy clips please D:

suggest music if you want, just don't be too disappointed if we don't use your song. we have most of the songs planned out already

if for any reason you DON'T wanna be in the video, just say something before we get too far into editing

that's about it. record as much as you can so we can make it really good

HazZarD

Smash Journeyman
keep in mind, just cause you didn't get a clip in the trailer, or even see your name in the 'starring' part, doesn't mean you can't be in the final video - we just used those clips/names cause those were the people at the dmonfest a week or two ago. ANY LI SMASHER can be in it, but you NEED to play with me or dmon, or message me on aim and send me clips (sn: SirLightningHat)
I'm gonna blindly disregard this quote and ask where my name was????

And my u-throw -> u-air is like no other...

The bloopers seem like they could be interesting.

Dem0n

Smash Apprentice
First things first:
I am doing 99% of the editing and compilation for puting together the video. If you have a clip you want to put in the video upload it somewhere i can download it. If you give me dull combos/footage then dont expect me to come back to you for more. Anyone from LI can have clips in the video, don't complain if it doesn't make the final cut though - only the best clips will be in the final video.

Anyway, this saturday i'll have a dmonfest i guess - bring tapes if you can, come arround 2pm and after. You can come a little early if you want/need to.

Dem0n

Smash Apprentice
lol sorry ryan =\ forgot about the ryan_k tag, i just went with smashboards. I'll be sure to make it Ryan_K in the final video.

Eli the gamebridge shiz will be a lifesaver.

So far... the problem we have with this video is - with the ammount of footage in combos everyone has, by the time somebody gets a good combo off i already have like 5 good clips... lol i already can get like my own section in the video done before the whole rest of long island can come up with enough clips to make one part. with the exception of like ryan who is a walking combo video. So i need you guys to work on getting footage some more.

Our goal is to release the video before brawl, lets try and reach the deadline.

http://files.filefront.com/LI+Combo+video+Trailerwmv/;9468296;/fileinfo.html

There's a better quality downloadable version of the trailer, u toob tends to quit life with quality

Dem0n

Smash Apprentice
Sorry guys bad news. The LI video is currently postponed or canceled for several reasons about to be stated.

1) Brawl owns too much for me to want to play melee ever again
2) wtf brawl
3) The fact that in the ammount of time it takes for me to find enough combos for the whole part of long island is ridiculously slow, what was happening was i was getting enough footage of myself to make fox want to kill himself in 4 montages by the time i found someone who wasn't falco doing a combo.
4) I've been very very busy lately and its hard to meet deadlines of marth 9th, because after brawl comes out who the hell is gonna watch a melee video.
5) Speaking of brawl comming out, brawl IS out in japan and 2 of my friends already have it and playing it makes me not want to go back to melee unless i put flippers on VERY HIGH.
6) The fact that there's no profanity filter on Ryan's voice made chuck noris' an endangered species.

So there you have it, give me motivation and i'll start doing the video again. So far i've got a decent montage for myself and 20 seconds of clips for everyone else that aren't bloopers.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yeah i quit melee in preparation for brawl so unless someone like asks me to play i wont really lol and ill just go place to chill i guess

WFL

Smash Journeyman
5) Speaking of brawl comming out, brawl IS out in japan and 2 of my friends already have it and playing it makes me not want to go back to melee unless i put flippers on VERY HIGH.
Who cares about a Long Island melee video if we could play brawl. It would just be awesome to have the first Long Island Brawl fest before it comes out in america, and I'm sure one of the gaming places around Long Island would allow us to set up a tournament or something. To be honest, I can't stop thinking about Brawl and if I could play it for just one match I would explode with happiness (and I don't care is that sounds feminine because this is ****ing brawl). So if we could just organize something were we get 2 or 3 tv's of brawl going it would be amazing.

Also, Lucario or R.O.B. > every other character in Brawl

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
If someone from LI wants to have a brawlfest soon ill bring my wii. I gots everything unlocked now ^_^

Dem0n

Smash Apprentice
I would have a brawl fest if 2 of my friends co-operate and bring their wii's. Doubt thats gonna happen, 1 might the other definetly not.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
We could definitely get this going if we have just 3 or 4 wiis with Brawl running. All we really need to do is find a place to host it because I don't know if I would be allowed to go to some guys house that I know through the interwebs. If we can get this going I would hope it would be between the Feb 16 to 23 because I have a few friends coming home from college for break that would love to play brawl and they could bring 1 or 2 wiis.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Thing is the wii doesnt help if its not modded/ a japanese wii.

Also i think we should try not to pick a public place because noone would ever get to play >_>

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Right, forgot about that.

Also, it wouldn't be too bad if we held it in a private place and made everyone pay an entry/play for the day fee of, let's say, $10 or something. This would restrict the amount of people playing plus pay the host and we could have a small tourney at the end of the day. Those that don't want to play in the tourney could pay a little bit less. I don't know just trying to come up with something so I can play Brawl.

If this doesn't work then I guess I can try to get to the person's house with my friend coming home from college.
well if u need ppl to bring wii's let me know i got 3 ppl willing
Do these people have Japanese/modded wii's and/or a copy of brawl.

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
Frist Evur Braul Tourny

My house. Its empty. from the 16th to the 25th I believe. Aside from random partying and drugs, I want to do the first brawl tourmanament. My basement is amazing, 3x as big as Dmons, its official. Ima take pix. I have like three 25inch+ tvs. The thing is I need people with Modded Wii's of course and TV's

You need to msg me ASAP like no joke if not I'ma say **** it and go play with D1 or Steven.

Friends such as D1 and silven, god-willing will come out cuz their stuff is modded. Great chance to play the game if you haven't. I first brought all the LI smashers together back in the day and Ima do it again brawl stylez.

It'd be neet to have like 5 setups.

Also don't be bringing mad heads to my house without consulting me first. Meaning if you have like 3 friends who I've never met, you should check with me first. I'm nice, I don't care, I just like to know how many people will be entering my house.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. I might bring 2 or 3 friends to this that want to play. I'll ask them first and then pm you with the info. I can't wait to play Brawl, especially since it will before this kid that works at gamestop that gets to play it 3 days before it comes out.

Darkest

Smash Apprentice
My house. Its empty. from the 16th to the 25th I believe. Aside from random partying and drugs, I want to do the first brawl tourmanament. My basement is amazing, 3x as big as Dmons, its official. Ima take pix. I have like three 25inch+ tvs. The thing is I need people with Modded Wii's of course and TV's

You need to msg me ASAP like no joke if not I'ma say **** it and go play with D1 or Steven.

Friends such as D1 and silven, god-willing will come out cuz their stuff is modded. Great chance to play the game if you haven't. I first brought all the LI smashers together back in the day and Ima do it again brawl stylez.

It'd be neet to have like 5 setups.

Also don't be bringing mad heads to my house without consulting me first. Meaning if you have like 3 friends who I've never met, you should check with me first. I'm nice, I don't care, I just like to know how many people will be entering my house.
I have a Japanese wii + brawl, i can bring. Brawl tourny would be the sex0r

Top Bottom