• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mysterious Songtress: Azura for Smash DLC (Moving on to the Invisible Kingdom for Now)

TheJukeBox

Smash Rookie
Please add me to the supporters! Azura has been holding down the fort at my #3 spot for some time now and I'm not supporting her yet?! Love this character!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
But... what happens with the children? Owain and Lucina don't have that issue... But something like KamuixElise or KamuixCamilla or KamuixXander?
Mobus?:troll:.............
Imma leave now.........:lol:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Please add me to the supporters! Azura has been holding down the fort at my #3 spot for some time now and I'm not supporting her yet?! Love this character!
Alright, I've added you to the list. Welcome to the Azure Songtress's domain.

I'm pretty sure the translation team will change some dialogue if they feel that it's too much or feels too Japanese. As for character designs, they'll most likely remain the same (even though I wish the female knights and cavaliers didn't have that dumb butt opening). If I had a dollar for every time people on /r/fireemblem use the words "pandering" and "sexualization", I'd be filthy stinking rich!

And the royal S-supports will likely be given the "Companion" treatment, like OwainXLucina.

That said, I highly doubt that Fates will get a higher rating than T. There have been games with far more fanservicy material and violence that still fall under the T rating. A lot of people like to over exaggerate Fate's content IMO.
Yeah, the companion thing would have to happen knowing they've already done it once with the first game. It also saves the team less the trouble since there would not be a single trigger involved.

True, the designs are mostly going to remain the same based on what we've seen in the E3 demo with Camilla any ways. And yeah, anyone would be rich if they even bet on getting a dollar for the sexualization cries on Reddit and Gamefaqs. So having a T rating for the game would be a little more than expected.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
But... what happens with the children? Owain and Lucina don't have that issue... But something like KamuixElise or KamuixCamilla or KamuixXander?

Well ****, you do have a point.

In that case, I'd say they would either cut those S-supports due to implications of incest, or just leave them in the game. I hope they do the first but I have a feeling they'll do the latter.

Side note: I wish they didn't let the player marry the royals, especially the Hoshido. It would have made them being related to Kamui/Corrin a thing, or at least have allowed the writers to build up more to the player not being related to them in the first place via the 3rd path.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Reading what you guys are saying, and sort of related to what I said on Corin's FS, what if for Azura's FS Corin itself appears as a Manakete and helps Azura attack everyone on field either by itself or with Azura riding Corin. And somehow guides him where to attack.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Reading what you guys are saying, and sort of related to what I said on Corin's FS, what if for Azura's FS Corin itself appears as a Manakete and helps Azura attack everyone on field either by itself or with Azura riding Corin. And somehow guides him where to attack.
Since the possibilities of both characters being playable are low, I can easily see this working. If Chrom gets to work with Robin in his/her Final Smash, the who says that Azura can't call her hubby/friend over to "play" with her enemies?

I can see Sakurai going with this method to represent both protagonists if he wanted to, though I'd rather have a more original one akin to what she did when dancing before Garon (water explosions and all).

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
Sign me up on the supporters, I think we need a unique FE character in Smash, so Azura is a yes for me, I bet she'd be better than King K' Rool and even better than Robin.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sign me up on the supporters, I think we need a unique FE character in Smash, so Azura is a yes for me, I bet she'd be better than King K' Rool and even better than Robin.
Indeed, there's so much untapped potential with this maiden even think he many would prefer the Dragon Lord because he's the main character (Like we all know what happened with Chrom in the end)

*Adds to the list*

And now to bring up an old subject. In addition to what version of the game you would buy, which character do you plan on marrying? I'm already planning on getting the hardcore Nohr experience and have Azura as my wife (Good thing my girlfriend is alright with it since she knows it's just a game).

_Sheik

Smash Lord
And now to bring up an old subject. In addition to what version of the game you would buy, which character do you plan on marrying? I'm already planning on getting the hardcore Nohr experience and have Azura as my wife (Good thing my girlfriend is alright with it since she knows it's just a game).
Oh, you're a man?

I think I'll get me some Conquest, and marry Camilla...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Oh, you're a man?

I think I'll get me some Conquest, and marry Camilla...
I am man! A manly manly man!

Nice choices, especially going for the Dark Side side of the country and Ms. Juggs. I've heard that she's quite the class cannon in the game with her class (Revenant Knight).

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
The decision to make Wyverns Nohr exclusive has already made my decision for me. Going Conquest!

As for who Mrs. Right is...that depends on if there's second generation units like in Awakening, which I bred my army to have the best results of course. Failing that, Azura comes off as the "canon" choice so I might just default to that.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The decision to make Wyverns Nohr exclusive has already made my decision for me. Going Conquest!

As for who Mrs. Right is...that depends on if there's second generation units like in Awakening, which I bred my army to have the best results of course. Failing that, Azura comes off as the "canon" choice so I might just default to that.
Second generation units were already confirmed, but I would rather not spoil myself by looking at the children. Many would say that Kana is equally as broken as his old man/mother and I wonder if you can get both him/her and another child. Though we don't really know if Kanna is as unbalanced as say Morgan (who's the son/daughter of Robin).

Troykv

Smash Master
I don't have plans to buy the game original, I like many things of this game... But I don't want to support see Fire Emblem transformed in a Eroge... Fates it feels so wrong in MANY ways... But if I find a used copy... I will buy it.

Probably the Nohr version.

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
Indeed, there's so much untapped potential with this maiden even think he many would prefer the Dragon Lord because he's the main character (Like we all know what happened with Chrom in the end)

*Adds to the list*

I already voted for Azura on the Smash Ballot today, and included a link to this thread on my vote, maybe Sakuria could see h ow much we need Azura. I plan on playing the Invisible Kingdom scenario, as I would go for the true story first, and I may think of shipping Azura with someone down the line.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I don't have plans to buy the game original, I like many things of this game... But I don't want to support see Fire Emblem transformed in a Eroge... Fates it feels so wrong in MANY ways... But if I find a used copy... I will buy it.

I think the waifu/husbando face touching is weird and unnecessary. Then you got someone like Sakurai complaining that we complain about features we don't have to use, when in actuality the feature itself should be considered wrong on its own merits and probably doesn't bode well for the future of the series.

While Awakening is a great game and it ultimately saved the series from being cancelled altogether, looking at Fates, part of me thinks that the devs have the wrong idea that more fanservice (of that nature) means more sales and it will ultimately change FE for the worse for the sake of trying to keep a winning streak going...and sadly it's probably going to work. I shudder to think of what the next FE after Fates will be like.

The implied incest is also bad but this isn't exactly new to the series where the incest wasn't implied but actually quite blatant. But who knows, incest is mainstream now thanks to GoT, like I mentioned earlier.

Edit: Come to think of it, hypothetical scenario:

What if Fire Emblem Awakening never happened, or sold poorly, and thus Fates never happened and Fire Emblem was indeed shut down to never reappear again like originally planned?

This would have happened after Brawl but before Smash 4.

If Awakening did poorly, do you think Robin and Lucina would be in Smash 4? If no Awakening characters, do you think they would have added more characters to Smash from the Tellius or Marth eras? Or just leave it at Marth and Ike and maaaaaybe Roy?

Last edited:

Troykv

Smash Master
I think the waifu/husbando face touching is weird and unnecessary. Then you got someone like Sakurai complaining that we complain about features we don't have to use, when in actuality the feature itself should be considered wrong on its own merits and probably doesn't bode well for the future of the series.

While Awakening is a great game and it ultimately saved the series from being cancelled altogether, looking at Fates, part of me thinks that the devs have the wrong idea that more fanservice (of that nature) means more sales and it will ultimately change FE for the worse for the sake of trying to keep a winning streak going...and sadly it's probably going to work. I shudder to think of what the next FE after Fates will be like.

The implied incest is also bad but this isn't exactly new to the series where the incest wasn't implied but actually quite blatant. But who knows, incest is mainstream now thanks to GoT, like I mentioned earlier.
Sakurai always take the things from a different perspective... Only look how people says that he is biased with Kid Icarus.. And he was talking about the character in the competitive more than the representation xD. Yeah, the problem isn't that the extra features are unnecesary or aren't, the problem is the extra feature's nature.

And what do you think about child incest with the little sisters? Eh? NoA can't censor that they are children.... Isn't like Lyn that is possible to think that she is "a young adult".

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Sakurai always take the things from a different perspective... Only look how people says that he is biased with Kid Icarus.. And he was talking about the character in the competitive more than the representation xD. Yeah, the problem isn't that the extra features are unnecesary or aren't, the problem is the extra feature's nature.

And what do you think about child incest with the little sisters? Eh? NoA can't censor that they are children.... Isn't like Lyn that is possible to think that she is "a young adult".
:x

I forgot about that.

I also forgot that you could technically make Robin look like a child and ship them with mature women/men. And also the---BLECH.

Gives me the heeby jeebies.

I just sorta overlooked this kinda ****, even with Navi because she just LOOKS like a prepubescent child...

Honestly wish the marriage system didn't exist, or was more limited.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While we are back on the subject of Fire Emblem's more controversial themes, I can say one thing about the franchise. It might as well be one of Nintendo's more darkest series if we don't count one time titles like Eternal Darkness or Darker & Edgier sequels like Adavance Wars: Days of Ruin. Being a fantasy game that deals with subjects like war and conflict, several titles actual treat the issue extremely serious and things would seem bleak at times. While Genealogy of the Holy War is considered the darkest title in the franchise, several fans would say that Fates is a great contender due to some of the more disturbing and saddening moments that happen in the plot of all three versions.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
The face rubbing has no purpose beyond being fanservice. It does give you support points, but its so minuscule that you're better off building supports the traditional ways. The bathhouse is even more pointless since that's all it is; fanservice.

As for the children, I wish Fates didn't have them. They made sense in Genealogy because they made up a huge part of the story. They at least made some sense in Awakening because TIME TRAVEL. But in Fates, they're there for the sake of being there and because they were popular in Awakening. They aren't even part of the story at all (I'm saying this while having Shara/Not-Tharja as my current avatar lol). Though I'll admit, some of them seem like nice characters so far. That said, I'd prefer gaiden chapters over children paralogues.

And I'm not too bothered by some of the more...risque designs in the game. Then again, character designs never bothered me to begin with.

If and when I do get the game, I'm just going to ignore a lot of this stuff.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I am man! A manly manly man!

Nice choices, especially going for the Dark Side side of the country and Ms. Juggs. I've heard that she's quite the class cannon in the game with her class (Revenant Knight).
I'd ship HaarxCamilla as best wyvern units couple in the whole series.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord

Fortunately for you, you can choose NOT to build those buildings in your My Castle. Just build the armories, mines (you need them for the forge), the forge and the arena and you're set. The bathhouse is pretty pointless (I just want my avatar to have a nice bath by himself and he ends up getting kicked out by females most of the time). As for second generation units, they really aren't acknowledged in the main story at all; it's just a bonus for going through the trouble of getting support conversations. Sakurai is right regarding the extra features; the game nor the story REQUIRES YOU to even look at the features, except maybe the My Castle hub area and those buildings are really up to you.

Also, visit as many My Castle hubs from other players as much as you can; it's the best way to get other gems/stones for the forge among other items that you can't get in your own My Castle. It's also the only way to access the Hoshidan armories and stores if you're in the Conquest path and vice-versa.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hey guys, I've found a leaked image of Azura in Genei Ibun Roku #FE. I can that many would love to download her when she's officially revealed next year.

:troll:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
With two weeks until the ballot ends, I might as well mention a certain poll that BluePikmin and Logo worked on.

http://smashboards.com/threads/indi...ition-top-438-part-5-added-1600-votes.417135/

If you look at the Top 438 choices, Corrin is currently dominating Azura by more votes. It's either because they are convinced that the main character is a much more likelier choice or they feel that her status as a low tier partner in the game hinders her Smash potential. Anyone who didn't vote yet can feel free to give her a blessing or two.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
OMGOSH! This needs to happen right now! Azura would be perfect for Sm4sh. :love:
Thank you, I'll make sure to add you to the support list in the OP.

Azura is one of these characters with so much potential with her abilities, yet doesn't get that much support due to being less of a main character than Corrin. Though both characters are rather neck to neck when it comes to the idea of a Fates rep in Smash one way or another. Though I assure you that I'd find the idea of Azura much more appealing since not only she has a spear, but she can be the series's first humanoid water fighter (since Mario only uses F.L.U.D.D.'s water for pushing foes away).

EDIT: We are officially down to 30 supporters since the day this thread was born. Congratulations to everyone who had shown their support until the remaining weeks this ballot would roll. Just remember to throw a vote for her or tell any of your friends who are hyped for Fire Emblem Fates to do so.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Nice tagline. It's good to see that there are more people who take the idea of Azura in Smash serious.

Though her default pose in the official artwork would make for some great inspiration for her default Smash art now that I think of it.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Though her default pose in the official artwork would make for some great inspiration for her default Smash art now that I think of it.
It'd be cool - sorta like how Lucina's Smash artwork is based off the Masked Marth one in FE:A.

Also, I'll be honest here: I don't expect either Corrin nor Azura getting in Smash 4 after the Ballot. I feel Fire Emblem has already has its chance to shine so far - it still shines - and now other franchises will get that chance.

Youtuber/vocalist adrisaurus made a cover of Azura's song when she performs her dance before Garon in the Nohrian version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VxoHCPD4C0

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It'd be cool - sorta like how Lucina's Smash artwork is based off the Masked Marth one in FE:A.

Also, I'll be honest here: I don't expect either Corrin nor Azura getting in Smash 4 after the Ballot. I feel Fire Emblem has already has its chance to shine so far - it still shines - and now other franchises will get that chance.

Youtuber/vocalist adrisaurus made a cover of Azura's song when she performs her dance before Garon in the Nohrian version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VxoHCPD4C0
You are not alone my friend, I too feel that we probably won't get another Fire Emblem character as DLC now that Roy exists. Sure there can be such thing as promoting a recent title, but I think we'll get a Fates DLC stage at best if there's enough hype going for it internationally. Perhaps if the game were to be popular enough to maintain itself for a while and not get overshadowed by future Fire Emblem titles, either of them (especially Azura would be a great choice for Smash 5.

That rendition of Azura's song was godly and I'm glad someone decide to an extended fan remix themselves. Looks like I have yet another VBGM remix channel to subscribe on my account. :awesome:

In other news, Lost Synth of the Fantendo community is adding Azura as a DLC character to her fan game/idea Super 5mash Bros. 5. While she did have Corrin as a part of her main roster, I seriously didn't expect her to consider the blue haired maiden as extra DLC. Chances are that I would have to wait a month until I see what she can do with her moveset since she's getting around to constructing Bandanna Dee's next month.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
Aqua's got my vote. Don't care that Fire Emblem already has six characters in Smash. A series can have as many characters it wants to be included as playable characters.

So yes, Aqua would be a fine addition.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Aqua's got my vote. Don't care that Fire Emblem already has six characters in Smash. A series can have as many characters it wants to be included as playable characters.

So yes, Aqua would be a fine addition.
Already made sure to add you too the list soon as you said that she had your vote. Welcome to shrine of Azura where we enjoy her heavenly singing and vouch for her inclusion. Your words do speak volumes about how Fire Emblem shouldn't have any limits on its representation and our dancer would have enjoyed them well.

Yuuuuurari yuuuuurureriiiiiii!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
While these are only the final results of the first poll, just take a look of the placement of her in comparison to other characters. She's the 46th most wanted first party character beating out fads like Fawful and Groose at the same time.

In comparison to other Fire Emblem characters though, Corrin and Micaiah still stomps her. But it really isn't too bad when she beats out wanted characters like Nagolor and Daisy.

And by the way, today is the last day to vote and this blue haired maiden needs more help. Chances are that her stats might drop if you don't fight your way through the Nosferatus to save her. The last thing I would say is that it's been an honor knowing you all and fighting towards the end when Corrin's support is still bigger. Let's just hope that this support might convince the team to think about the future and what Fates can offer for Smash.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/02/final-vote-reminder/

Tom13

Smash Apprentice
While these are only the final results of the first poll, just take a look of the placement of her in comparison to other characters. She's the 46th most wanted first party character beating out fads like Fawful and Groose at the same time.

In comparison to other Fire Emblem characters though, Corrin and Micaiah still stomps her. But it really isn't too bad when she beats out wanted characters like Nagolor and Daisy.

And by the way, today is the last day to vote and this blue haired maiden needs more help. Chances are that her stats might drop if you don't fight your way through the Nosferatus to save her. The last thing I would say is that it's been an honor knowing you all and fighting towards the end when Corrin's support is still bigger. Let's just hope that this support might convince the team to think about the future and what Fates can offer for Smash.

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/02/final-vote-reminder/
Don't you worry, I voted for Azura in the Ultimate Source Poll, Azura's not being left out on my watch!

Last edited:

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman
My vote for Azura. ;)
azura.JPG

PD: Although in the end, I modified a bit the text as "installment" I did not like and I put "game".

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So the ballot is still running after all? I haven't check so myself, but some people were still able to vote a few hours ago. Oh well, we will know that it closes whenever it feels like it.

I can't believe we have not talked about this yet and it needs to be discussed. Which one of you have an idea of what a Fire Emblem Fates stage should be all about? For me, it's a tough choice between the battlefield where the Nohr kingdom clashed with the Hoshido kingdom and the very theatre stage where Azura performs in front of Garon.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Which one of you have an idea of what a Fire Emblem Fates stage should be all about? For me, it's a tough choice between the battlefield where the Nohr kingdom clashed with the Hoshido kingdom and the very theatre stage where Azura performs in front of Garon.
The battlefield map from Chapter 6 is a strong candidate. It's a VERY important turning point in the game so I can see it making it as a DLC stage or for Smash 5. The theatre stage is another good choice. The design is good and it could be converted into a fighting stage without much difficulty nor making it too different from the original.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Great reasons so far guys. While the Battlefield is a huge candidate because of being the catty list of both games' plots, there could be issues of having yet another war themed stage for Fire Emblem. Though if Castle Seige taught us anything and if we look at certain Subspace levels, it wouldn't be too hard for the developers to construct a playable stage based on it.

The Nohrian theatre stage however would be a great alternative due to how easy it is to be made into a stage. It can be mostly flat with the addition of a few platforms while having that nice atmosphere. It can also be quite tourney legal for which there wouldn't be that many stage hazards at all and little water can surround it. Though to avoid making it another walk-off stage, they can elevate the ground itself and have it float above the water below.

They are both equally good ideas and it would be a tough choice to pick between them. Knowing Sakurai, he would probably go for something unique that isn't similar to previously similar stage ideas.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Chapter 6 map could be turned into a traveling stage like Skyloft and travel around the map, the Hoshido side, the Nohh side, the bridge in the center and so on. Theatre would definitely be easier. It should have Garon watching the fight.

Top Bottom