• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mysterious Songtress: Azura for Smash DLC (Moving on to the Invisible Kingdom for Now)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

It's about time someone edited her official art to make the Nohr outfit. It's even close enough to how it would look when Smash has the outfit in use (or simply a pallet swap based on it). Now if only someone can edit the veil over her pretty mouth.

Chromfirmed

Smash Journeyman

It's about time someone edited her official art to make the Nohr outfit. It's even close enough to how it would look when Smash has the outfit in use (or simply a pallet swap based on it). Now if only someone can edit the veil over her pretty mouth.
Wonderful. :awesome: I hope Azura is confirmed for Smash Bros. :love:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

The number of Fire Emblem: Fates products on RedBubble are off the charts. I'm not surprised why Azura is taking the place by the storm and the prices are a bit more expensive than TheYetee.

Tempting, real tempting...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Submitted a vote for Azura in the Smash Ballot.

Unlike Corrin, Azura would be totally unique from all the other Fire Emblem characters in that she weilds a lance instead of a sword. This, coupled with her dancing, singing, and hydromancy, gives Azura the potential to have a graceful, exotic fighting style never before seen in Smash. Azura's inclusion would also be a good way to promote Fire Emblem: Fates.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The new polls from @BluePikmin11 had been released today. I would like for everyone to do their part and vote for her. You can visit his thread if you want to vote for any other character.

* Azura:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll394435x0fdC4839-15

* Goku (Yuyuki):
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll394437xB0a9426a-15

* Master Hand:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll394458x649F2E6A-15

* Metal Face:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll394441x717A47ed-15

* Pokemon Trainer:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll394447xe10f4E1B-15

* Solo Ice Climber:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll394449xc1d45b7A-15

* Tabuu:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll394452xf658417a-15

* Toon Sheik:
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll394443xA85d7a8e-15

Inb4 a lot of "No's" because Fire Emblem.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Looking at that Lapis character from Steven Universe, maybe can give a clue on how Azura could work. Not exactly like Squirtle, as he is not human like. Also in a way, take Good Cole from PSASBR as a basis.

smashkirby

Smash Hero

Can I be added to the support list, please?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looking at that Lapis character from Steven Universe, maybe can give a clue on how Azura could work. Not exactly like Squirtle, as he is not human like. Also in a way, take Good Cole from PSASBR as a basis.
I like how you mentioned using my favorite Steven Universe character as a basis for Azura's playstyle. Some aspects of her character can easily give ideas of moves for her like creating temporary platforms of water (we never really had a character with this type of move before) or even using watery hands for offense. Though this is for allowing her to use the full potential for her water abilities since that spear simply won't go to waste (can easily be used for long range aerials and smashes).

Not sure on Good Cole in PlayStation All Stars since I haven't really seen any gameplay on it yet. I might as well check it out tomorrow morning after resting.

Can I be added to the support list, please?
Added. Welcome aboard, soldier. :)

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I like how you mentioned using my favorite Steven Universe character as a basis for Azura's playstyle. Some aspects of her character can easily give ideas of moves for her like creating temporary platforms of water (we never really had a character with this type of move before) or even using watery hands for offense. Though this is for allowing her to use the full potential for her water abilities since that spear simply won't go to waste (can easily be used for long range aerials and smashes).

Not sure on Good Cole in PlayStation All Stars since I haven't really seen any gameplay on it yet. I might as well check it out tomorrow morning after resting.

Added. Welcome aboard, soldier. :)
Not exactly a SU fan but just catching on. Mentioned Lapis as there are few hydromancers out there and she looks good. About Cole, well if you change his ice for water it could give you an idea. You really need to play PSASBR, it is a fun game.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Aaaaaaaaaand it appears that Azura's fans arrived to protect their beloved waifu from getting too many nos. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the work of the Serenes Forest community. :laugh:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger

Aaaaaaaaaand it appears that Azura's fans arrived to protect their beloved waifu from getting too many nos. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the work of the Serenes Forest community. :laugh:
Looks like Azura faired much better than Kamui/Corrin did. That's pretty dank if you ask me!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looks like Azura faired much better than Kamui/Corrin did. That's pretty dank if you ask me!
The swordsman hate must have gotten to him, in addition to the fact that he's not sexy like Azura. I can imagine the scenario being different if Blue used the female design in the poll to get the waifu crowd's attention. She is fortunate to get all this positive reception simply because she's bae female, unique, and wields a spear. :awesome:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Interesting

Azura got a majority on Yes, even more than a plurality in that poll despite "Too much Fire Emblem"

She's lucky she got stuck with a lance. If she was given a sword then no one would bother. Having water powers is unique to Smash as well outside of Greninja and Mario's FLUDD, which contrasts very nicely to Ike and Roy's fire.

If any Fire Emblem character is going to be voted for outside of FE fans, it's one that's a lance wielding, water bending dancer. Perhaps more people are willing to give FE characters a chance as long as their aren't a sword lord. I too, fell this way.

It's also interesting that her Hoshido outfit has a cutout on the side that exposes her torso but her Nohr one does not, and is otherwise identical save color.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
*48 yeses*

Holy cow, it's like her entire fandom started pouring out to support her in the poll! Even the number of nos were successfully dwarfed after a little over a week.

And you may be right @ dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 , they would give any Fire Emblem character chance as long as they are either unique or non-swordsmen. Even all the dragon hype wasn't enough to save poor Corrin in the poll. :troll:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
*48 yeses*

Holy cow, it's like her entire fandom started pouring out to support her in the poll! Even the number of nos were successfully dwarfed after a little over a week.

And you may be right @ dangeraaron10 dangeraaron10 , they would give any Fire Emblem character chance as long as they are either unique or non-swordsmen. Even all the dragon hype wasn't enough to save poor Corrin in the poll. :troll:
It's because anyone could fathom a guess that Dragon Form would be for his Final Smash which you would never see in a competitive or For Glory match. Take that away and he's just another Lord with a Sword (TM). And transformations like Zelda-Shiek, Samus-ZSS, and Squirtle-Ivysaur-Charizard are gone, so Corrin can't just turn into a Dragon midfight like that.

Troykv

Smash Master
Interesting

Azura got a majority on Yes, even more than a plurality in that poll despite "Too much Fire Emblem"

She's lucky she got stuck with a lance. If she was given a sword then no one would bother. Having water powers is unique to Smash as well outside of Greninja and Mario's FLUDD, which contrasts very nicely to Ike and Roy's fire.

If any Fire Emblem character is going to be voted for outside of FE fans, it's one that's a lance wielding, water bending dancer. Perhaps more people are willing to give FE characters a chance as long as their aren't a sword lord. I too, fell this way.

It's also interesting that her Hoshido outfit has a cutout on the side that exposes her torso but her Nohr one does not, and is otherwise identical save color.
*48 yeses*

All yes are weird... I expected that she has the best score overall from all the FE Characters... But this is insane xD

Micaiah also has a mostly positive results.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
All yes are weird... I expected that she has the best score overall from all the FE Characters... But this is insane xD

Micaiah also has a mostly positive results.
Girl Power

Lack of Sword

No surprise to me Azura and Micaiah are the only popular FE picks others will tolerate.

I guess we are all just sick of swords!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And you guys want to know the real kicker? A famous YouTuber like Loves Smash agrees with too, except he considers her likely for Smash 5. That in all honesty doesn't seem very likely since Intelligent Systems will make more games in the future and let Advance Wars rot in its dry grave along with Paper Mario. Many will argue that the game will flop in America because of controversial issues like drugging, homosexuality, or incest knowing that the likes of Tumblr is offended by everything. If the game already made better sales than Awakening in Japan, I'm sure that it will be equally as successful in America with or without controversy.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
And you guys want to know the real kicker? A famous YouTuber like Loves Smash agrees with too, except he considers her likely for Smash 5. That in all honesty doesn't seem very likely since Intelligent Systems will make more games in the future and let Advance Wars rot in its dry grave along with Paper Mario. Many will argue that the game will flop in America because of controversial issues like drugging, homosexuality, or incest knowing that the likes of Tumblr is offended by everything. If the game already made better sales than Awakening in Japan, I'm sure that it will be equally as successful in America with or without controversy.

Why would Tumblr be offended when it is what they want?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
wait, what? O.o I thought the main character was a dragon....
He's simply saying that Azura is a main character herself, but most of the story focuses on the conflict of Corrin. While he;s not that bad of a Fates rep, there could be some complications with his transformations unless his specials would be based on the Dragon's Vein and Claw. Azura on the other hand has less of these problems due to being a spearwoman and there shouldn't be too much animation issues with her water.

Why would Tumblr be offended when it is what they want?
The homosexuality and incest is something the non-gamer public would make a buzz about. Though what Tumblr had a problem with, which is blown out of proportion, is a scene in which the main character provides a drug to solve Soliel's problem of fainting near women in her S support. The problem with this is that many think she's a real lesbian that is forced against her will of marrying a man and the entire scene in close enough to that of your average date **** case.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Sorry not to quote @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan but yeah I see, tumblr is against incest now that I remember. After all, they want a nicer world and for it they believe the extreme left should win; but still despise incest.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Moving on a better subject since we are better off not triggering the Tumblrinas, which character do you plan on marrying when you get your copy of Fates next year? As for me, it's rather obvious since those two plot-wise are truly meant to be together. Not to mention she appears to be my favorite character of the bunch, even if her stats are as subpar as many had mentioned.

And that's not going into how her son appears to be the perfect specimen to raise due being as perfect as his mother.

Last edited:

dangeraaron10

Smash Master

Well, maybe. Though the general public these days looks at incest in fantasy and think "Oooh, like Game of Thrones right? Lannisters always repay their debts?" GoT made incest hip. Plus, the homosexuality part would probably get higher marks.

Oh, the drugging thing is probably the only truly bad thing (I'm not saying incest is good, by all means hell no, but I think it's going to end up getting looked over because that **** is mainstream now), and I hope the localization team edits it out or something. Yeah, yeah, censorship is bad. But I think Intelligent Systems can avoid this headache.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, maybe. Though the general public these days looks at incest in fantasy and think "Oooh, like Game of Thrones right? Lannisters always repay their debts?" GoT made incest hip. Plus, the homosexuality part would probably get higher marks.

Oh, the drugging thing is probably the only truly bad thing (I'm not saying incest is good, by all means hell no, but I think it's going to end up getting looked over because that **** is mainstream now), and I hope the localization team edits it out or something. Yeah, yeah, censorship is bad. But I think Intelligent Systems can avoid this headache.
You are indeed right, incest is more of a cliche to expect in many dark or gritty fantasy media these days. I've even expected someone to even mention Game of Thrones as an argument (I really need to get back into the series) since it's a mainstream show that works as a good example. The homosexuality though is a bit of a mixed bag since while America made same sex marriage legal everywhere, it is still an extremely taboo subject in several conservative parts of America.

Seriously, this Soliel fiasco is one of the few things that Intelligent Systems needs to rewrite or censor like they've done with Awakening since **** would hit the fan if Fox News gets their grubby hands on this controversial part. Either way, Nintendo are working their hardest to make sure any hyped game sells well no matter what despite any controversial (Example: No voice chat in Splatoon). Because Fate selling well internationally would still mean that the series will live on forever instead of suffering the same fate as Advance Wars.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
It would be a shame if Fire Emblem games in the West became a major possibility with Awakening only to have it killed by Fates. Nintendo struck gold with Awakening so hopefully they don't mess things up now.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I'm pretty sure the translation team will change some dialogue if they feel that it's too much or feels too Japanese. As for character designs, they'll most likely remain the same (even though I wish the female knights and cavaliers didn't have that dumb butt opening). If I had a dollar for every time people on /r/fireemblem use the words "pandering" and "sexualization", I'd be filthy stinking rich!

And the royal S-supports will likely be given the "Companion" treatment, like OwainXLucina.

That said, I highly doubt that Fates will get a higher rating than T. There have been games with far more fanservicy material and violence that still fall under the T rating. A lot of people like to over exaggerate Fate's content IMO.

Troykv

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure the translation team will change some dialogue if they feel that it's too much or feels too Japanese. As for character designs, they'll most likely remain the same (even though I wish the female knights and cavaliers didn't have that dumb butt opening). If I had a dollar for every time people on /r/fireemblem use the words "pandering" and "sexualization", I'd be filthy stinking rich!

And the royal S-supports will likely be given the "Companion" treatment, like OwainXLucina.

That said, I highly doubt that Fates will get a higher rating than T. There have been games with far more fanservicy material and violence that still fall under the T rating. A lot of people like to over exaggerate Fate's content IMO.
But... what happens with the children? Owain and Lucina don't have that issue... But something like KamuixElise or KamuixCamilla or KamuixXander?

Last edited:
Top Bottom