• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mog squad presents:The ultimate and final Mog/moogle thread.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
lol.

1) i crack i joke.. oh i am a troll

2) final smashes are not always canon. The planet was the theme in the game. he could do a planet based move. just like link does a Triforce based move
Yeah thing is Link actually owns a Triforce piece. Cloud isn't in control of the lifestream and you know it. He has his moves which everyone knows he has and making up new moves for him would defeat the purpose of buying the rights to Cloud.

Mog has unique abilities without needing developers to make stuff up.

why not mog? from the sound of it, he could be easily draped in some wicked shadow bug ooze, only to be made available much later after a worthy, unfair fight
I can see you were so in love with your Ridley idea that you tacked it on to a protagonist like Mog. I don't know what kind of fight you have in mind to unlock Mog later on.

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
you can't just force the mog haters away by calling them trolls

BTW every character is unique in there own way

see. the thing that cloud has over mog that he is iconic. for some reason FFVII is the most popular FF. it has a movie and cloud has so much merc it is not funny. i am pretty sure if they were trying to rep FF the choice is cloud.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
you can't just force the mog haters away by calling them trolls
I can't force anyone away. I'm not a mod, but platnum flaming and thread bashing is not Mog related discussion and as such will be considered trolling.

BTW every character is unique in there own way
Some are more unique than others.

see. the thing that cloud has over mog that he is iconic. for some reason FFVII is the most popular FF. it has a movie and cloud has so much merc it is not funny. i am pretty sure if they were trying to rep FF the choice is cloud.
Popularity isn't everything. I am pretty sure if Nintendo or Sakurai wants to rep Sony, they'd pick Cloud, because all the Cloud merchandise hasn't made them a single penny.

If Sakurai wants to rep FF properly, he would pick a mascot and what better way to do that than to go for one that has been in a myriad of Final Fantasy spin-offs and a recent Mario sports-spin off? Way better long term decision to get the characters that will actually benefit both companies and not just one.

Mogrika

Smash Apprentice
Someone hasn't learned that Mog won't be in Brawl, third time's a charm I guess, you'll put your feet on the ground soon enough.

courte

Smash Lord
my personal favorites are 5-6 and ten

12 is good and it had t3h awesome montblanc

perhaps if he were to make it in, they could also take references from the final fantasy tactics series
Final Smash: Totema!!

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I can't force anyone away. I'm not a mod, but platnum flaming and thread bashing is not Mog related discussion and as such will be considered trolling.

Some are more unique than others.

Popularity isn't everything. I am pretty sure if Nintendo or Sakurai wants to rep Sony, they'd pick Cloud, because all the Cloud merchandise hasn't made them a single penny.

If Sakurai wants to rep FF properly, he would pick a mascot and what better way to do that than to go for one that has been in a myriad of Final Fantasy spin-offs and a recent Mario sports-spin off? Way better long term decision to get the characters that will actually benefit both companies and not just one.

Popularity is super smash bros. Smash bros qouldn't exist without popularity.

Also not to be mean, but you really need to change his stats and movesets. He is way overpowered and not a great first impression.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

Also not to be mean, but you really need to change his stats and movesets. He is way overpowered and not a great first impression.
Fox has max speed and high power while being a lightweight.

Mog has 4 stars out of a possible 5 in both strength and speed while being a lightweight. His fall speed is average too. Overpowered? Nah.

As for his movesets, if you are willing to give me a detailed explanation why they should be modified then I will ask platnum to revise it.

Thnx.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Someone hasn't learned that Mog won't be in Brawl, third time's a charm I guess, you'll put your feet on the ground soon enough.
Is there a character thread that you DON'T troll? Anyways, the Mogs in Final Fantasy VI rocked!

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Is there a character thread that you DON'T troll? Anyways, the Mogs in Final Fantasy VI rocked!
No question about it. A TRUE WARRIOR RACE! :)

All of their equipment varied though which was wierd. One Moogle could use a mythril blade....Mog's girlfriend could use the flail....

Crazy. =o)

Mog himself is actually considered an upper tier party member among FFVI fans. He is easily the best tank in the game with the right things, his BP actually surpasses Locke's, his Moogle Charm is invaluable to those who hate random encounters, his magic and physical defense is absurd and his spell casting abilities are above average. His dances pretty much **** everything in sight during the World of Balance if used correctly and they aren't too bad during World of Ruin. You'd seriously have to be 7 shades of idiot to choose a golden hair pin over Mog during WoB.

Kain only wishes he was this awesome.

platnum

Smash Lord

I see nothing wrong with either! if you want a change pm a mogerater(listed in OP).

platnum

Smash Lord
No question about it. A TRUE WARRIOR RACE! :)

All of their equipment varied though which was wierd. One Moogle could use a mythril blade....Mog's girlfriend could use the flail....

Crazy. =o)

Mog himself is actually considered an upper tier party member among FFVI fans. He is easily the best tank in the game with the right things, his BP actually surpasses Locke's, his Moogle Charm is invaluable to those who hate random encounters, his magic and physical defense is absurd and his spell casting abilities are above average. His dances pretty much **** everything in sight during the World of Balance if used correctly and they aren't too bad during World of Ruin. You'd seriously have to be 7 shades of idiot to choose a golden hair pin over Mog during WoB.

Cloud only wishes he was this awesome.

Fixed lol...kupo!

sorry for Double Post.(edit wasnt working)

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
Can someone like IP ban this guy?
He's ruining the forum!! :mad:

Moogles are awesome, but they seem to be like WW Link, they don't really fit for some reason.

Can somebody give me a good reason to comply with?

Platnumisstupid

Smash Rookie

Moogles are awesome, but they seem to be like WW Link, they don't really fit for some reason.

the human body is a beautiful thing you sick *******. get over yourself.

Del Money

Smash Champion
(but we are because we have league, union, AFL and cricket) btw we are the best in the world at all those sports.
RUGBY FTW!!!!!!

HELL NO! They'd probably pick Crash Bandicoot or Spyro.

P.S. you don't need to be a FF VII fanboy in order to be a Cloud fanboy.
Um...what?

OK I'll rejoin the mog squad. I hope this thread lasts.
Not if Niggie Smalls gets wind of it...

the human body is a beautiful thing you sick *******. get over yourself.
I must've missed something...

And how big would Mog be anyways? Hopefully not as big as that ****** Cait Sith. Anyways, not a bad moveset, platnum...too bad you're investing too much time into an unlikely character choice.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Sora

Sora is a tricky case. He is owned, at least in part, but I believe it's entirely, by Disney. If he is completely owned by Disney, I'm not sure how good his chances are, but I believe that Mog has better chances in this case. If he is partially owned by Disney, it still causes problems. To make a long story short, Mog is simply easier to get as a character than Sora is.

Here I am. Superninjabreadman.

Since when has Sakurai said "No, we cant add him he'll be to hard to get?" I say never, with Having like.. (I think..) Three times the budget as the last game... It shouldent really be a problem.

But I can agree with you, Mog would be easier to get. (That dosent mean I support Mog though!). But thats only because Its true. Sora FTW!

courte

Smash Lord
i'd imagine he'd be about the size of mario, if not, then a little smaller

but what do i know?? lol isn't there a thread to complain and flame only??

courte

Smash Lord
yes... that's why the thread is up... personally i'd like to see it in, and i sorta don't expect it... i actually expect only 2 3rd party chars, and for those who expect simon belmont regardless of the lack of balance that would create...

shooting down specualtion on a message board is pretty **** pointless

del-boy

Smash Journeyman
I am a big FF fan and I think we will get someone from there but I don't think it willl be Mog unless he get he's own game like Chocobo did I would say that Cecil Harvey or Terra Branford would be the best rep but I think SE will put someone from FF in to advertis a game that comes out around brawl.

Also Mog final smash should have been Dueler X.

Nitesever

Smash Cadet
The problem with your idea lies in his proposed move-set. Random moves are a terrible idea, mostly due to competitive play. If people want randomness, they'll turn on items.

Aside from the obvious competitive deficiency inherent in the character design, his moves themselves are overpowered, especially his neutral and down b moves. No final smashes have a guaranteed kill chance, even a small chance at one could greatly alter certain aspects of the game, best left unchanged. Aside from that, no move should be able to heal, without some type of exterior condition being met, IE: A Smash Ball, an attack being absorbed, or the creating of an item usable by another player.

Also, special moves are supposed to be special. Take side B for example. It's a basic smash attack type move, and has no place among his "Special" moves.

If the entire Mog supporting community can't think of a decent move-set for the character they most support, what makes you think the creators will be able to do better for a relatively obscure character.

As a side note, a final fantasy crossover seems less likely than many of the other choices , due to the fact that Sony has largely taken over the franchise. Why support something that doesn't help the company as a whole? With no long term benefits apparent for Nintendo , it seems unlikely that FF will see a representative at all, although anything is possible.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The problem with your idea lies in his proposed move-set. Random moves are a terrible idea, mostly due to competitive play. If people want randomness, they'll turn on items.

Random moves are terrible in your opinion, and items are cool.

Aside from the obvious competitive deficiency inherent in the character design, his moves themselves are overpowered, especially his neutral and down b moves. No final smashes have a guaranteed kill chance, even a small chance at one could greatly alter certain aspects of the game, best left unchanged. Aside from that, no move should be able to heal, without some type of exterior condition being met, IE: A Smash Ball, an attack being absorbed, or the creating of an item usable by another player.

Once again, this is all your opinion.

Also, special moves are supposed to be special. Take side B for example. It's a basic smash attack type move, and has no place among his "Special" moves.

Quit with the opinions already! >B doesn't have to do anything particular. Look at Mewtwo's.

If the entire Mog supporting community can't think of a decent move-set for the character they most support, what makes you think the creators will be able to do better for a relatively obscure character.

STFU and get out, you are just pissing people off now.

As a side note, a final fantasy crossover seems less likely than many of the other choices , due to the fact that Sony has largely taken over the franchise. Why support something that doesn't help the company as a whole? With no long term benefits apparent for Nintendo , it seems unlikely that FF will see a representative at all, although anything is possible.

Only the last thing you said made a valid argument. Anything is possible.
Now, go away n00b, or make some better arguments.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I am a big FF fan and I think we will get someone from there but I don't think it willl be Mog unless he get he's own game like Chocobo did I would say that Cecil Harvey or Terra Branford would be the best rep but I think SE will put someone from FF in to advertis a game that comes out around brawl.

Also Mog final smash should have been Dueler X.
Agreed. Cecil would be an awesome choice and Terra... well... moving on...

Mog would have to outprioritize the following:

1. Black Mage/Other Classes
-Black Mage mostly, but there are other classes capable of getting themselves playable. Most of these are present prominently in many Final Fantasy games.

2. Cecil Harvey
-His Final Fantasy was a huge step for the series, and the first FF on the SNES, which both american and japanese gamers remember fondly. The leap from III to IV was one of the bigger leaps the series has taken, and his game is being remade for the DS.

3. Terra Branford
-I'm sorry it has to be me, but Terra's game represents the climax of the series, she has an awesome moveset potential, and she's also remembered fondly by fans of the series american and japanese. Her game was recently remade for GBA, and I hope a DS one is on the way... Terra is also the main character of FFVI, while Mog is just a secondary party member.

4. Locke and Celes
-These 2 have a lower chance than Terra, and I'd be shocked to see either, but they have a more major role in FFVI's storyline.

4. Montblanc
-Oh look, another Moogle. Hell yeah, Montblanc > Mog, as much as it pains me to say it. This Moogle appears on FFTA for the GBA and is set to appear in FFTA2 for the DS. He also has access to Black Magic, Time Magic, can summon animals, or be a Gadgeteer or a Juggler. Mix this up for a great moveset. A more prominent Moogle, if we must have one.

platnum

Smash Lord

was that directed at me?

all the reasons you will ever need are in the OP
my replys in yellowgreen.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
First of all, since when did have spears increase the chance of a characters inclusion? What about the people with axes? Magic Wands ect.

Also you have showed me no proof on how Moogle is truly popular. If you can show me how popular moogle is on various boards, topped the japanese poll, or has lots of supporters than apprently I have underestimated Moogle. Til then, Moogle is just another filler character. The only major role he had was he helped Locke save Terra. Here is what I think about moogle.

+ He is quite unique and can make a pretty unique moveset.
+I belive he has been on a lot of nintendo consoles correct?
+Major role in FF6
+ Can stand a pretty good chance against other Square people

- He has been on more sony platforms than Nintendo consoles
- Is a minor character
- Not very iconic. Whenever I hear FF, I immediatly think Cloud, but i'm just being biased.
- There are PROBABLY more characters that are deserving.

So as you can see he has nothing against him, nor going for him, a healthy mix if I do say so myself. Also, better OP than you really have done. You have the basics for atleast a character topic.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

No, it's people like you, who do nothing but whine who ruin this forum.

Game and Watch says hello.

No comment.
First of all, since when did have spears increase the chance of a characters inclusion? What about the people with axes? Magic Wands ect.

Axes? In Brawl?
Also you have showed me no proof on how Moogle is truly popular. If you can show me how popular moogle is on various boards, topped the japanese poll, or has lots of supporters than apprently I have underestimated Moogle.

Pokemon Trainer says hello.
Til then, Moogle is just another filler character.

Yoshi says hello.
The only major role he had was he helped Locke save Terra. Here is what I think about moogle.

Your opinion.
+Major role in FF6

- Is a minor character
- Not very iconic. Whenever I hear FF, I immediatly think Cloud, but i'm just being biased.

Good arguments here.
So as you can see he has nothing against him, nor going for him, a healthy mix if I do say so myself. Also, better OP than you really have done. You have the basics for atleast a character topic.

We'll see if we can better the OP
10 characters

platnum

Smash Lord

Also you have showed me no proof on how Moogle is truly popular. If you can show me how popular moogle is on various boards, topped the japanese poll, or has lots of supporters than apprently I have underestimated Moogle. Til then, Moogle is just another filler character. The only major role he had was he helped Locke save Terra. Here is what I think about moogle.

+Major role in FF6

Platnum:actualy, moogles are more remembered for classic(nintendo) FF's

- Is a minor character

platnum:granted

platnum:and imediatly after cloud, most people think moogles and/or chocobos

platnum:oppinion

search moogle on photobucket and behold page after page after page of mog/moogle fan art, that should prove my point about his popularity among FF fans.and gamers in general)

Nitesever

Smash Cadet
Now, go away n00b, or make some better arguments.
Conjecture is all that we have until the game is released. Nearly everything said in this world can be twisted into an opinion, such as your opinion about my opinion. We could go in circles about this, but I'd much rather speculate on more [opinion: important] subjects than the technical definition of opinion and it's bearing on this topic.

I made valid points, or at least it seems so to myself. If you have a differing opinion of the subject, then present a counter argument. Insulting people is a sign of an infantile mind, and you could better yourself by remembering this.

Edit: In reference to the title "n00b" that you dubbed me with, when ranks on this forum are based on the amount of posts, one would do well to inspect the quality of posts rather than the frequency of posts.

Top Bottom