• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mog squad presents:The ultimate and final Mog/moogle thread.

platnum

Smash Lord
Conjecture is all that we have until the game is released. Nearly everything said in this world can be twisted into an opinion, such as your opinion about my opinion. We could go in circles about this, but I'd much rather speculate on more [opinion: important] subjects than the technical definition of opinion and it's bearing on this topic.

I made valid points, or at least it seems so to myself. If you have a differing opinion of the subject, then present a counter argument. Insulting people is a sign of an infantile mind, and you could better yourself by remembering this.
the point of the thread is not to argue about his chaces, its here to discuss mogs roll in SSE and possible movesets.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
search moogle on photobucket and behold page after page after page of mog/moogle fan art, that should prove my point about his popularity among FF fans.and gamers in general)
That is quite a bit of fanart. Like I said, I might have underestimated Moogles chances in Brawl...

Axes? In Brawl?
Spears in Brawl?

Pokemon Trainer says hello.

Lets see, he was the protagonist in all of the GBA pokemon games, can be related to Red, which had a major role as the final battle in pokemon Stadium 2 and Pokemon Silver/Gold. He can also be related to Ash, who is also(why?) quite popular.

Yoshi says hello.

I've talked to Yoshi and he has had a major role. Actually he has his own games in Yoshi Story, Yoshi Island DS, and many more games where he assists Baby Mario in various games.

Your opinion.

How is that my opinion? Have you played FF6? That is what he did. He did not help in any other way in FF6 unless you prove it otherwise. ( I did not play II or any other FF game before 6, so he might of had a major role in there, but I think you talkin about FF6 Moogle and not the other ones.)

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Mog and moogles in general are even less likely than a slime from Dragon Quest, think about it:

- It is the sole mascot from the most popular series in Japan (moogle's are secondary to chocobo's)
- They have their own spin off game (moogles do not)
- Mario and DQ crossed over in Itadaki Street DS (where is the payback for that?)
- They are more representative or their series than a moogle is to FF as it is a more diverse franchise
- DQ IX and Swords coming to nintendo consoles

Why would I support Mog when the superior option of Slime is there? :p

platnum

Smash Lord
That is quite a bit of fanart. Like I said, I might have underestimated Moogles chances in Brawl...

Axes? In Brawl?
Spears in Brawl?

Pokemon Trainer says hello.

Lets see, he was the protagonist in all of the GBA pokemon games, can be related to Red, which had a major role as the final battle in pokemon Stadium 2 and Pokemon Silver/Gold. He can also be related to Ash, who is also(why?) quie popular.

Yoshi says hello.

I've talked to Yoshi and he has had a major role. Actually he has his own games in Yoshi Story, Yoshi Island DS, and many more games where he assists Baby Mario in various games.

Your opinion.

How is that my opinion? Have you played FF6? That is what he did. He did not help in any other way in FF6 unless you prove it otherwise.

he helped by joining the party as a secret character(he owned btw). and you needed him to get the best ending.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
he helped by joining the party as a secret character(he owned btw). and you needed him to get the best ending.

Ok, so if I get Shadow if he doen't die in part I, than he should be in by your logic? Also if Moogle owned, then cloud should get in because he owned in FF&. Also how did Moogle affect the ending? (Don't remember the ending =p)

platnum

Smash Lord
Ok, so if I get Shadow if he doen't die in part I, than he should be in by your logic? Also who did Moogle affect the ending? (Don't remember the ending =p)
every character you recruited got there own ending. and shadow is no where close to as iconic as mog.

Nitesever

Smash Cadet
@Nitesever: Insult you? I'm just calling you what you are :p If you were a Smash child, I'd call you that :lol:
Noob is a derogatory title towards one less experienced in the game. I stumbled onto this site as I was searching for information regarding Brawl in general, and the date at which I found this site has nothing to do with my skill level, or knowledge. If you mean to refer to someone in the future, simply use their name.

As to Platinum, the vast majority of my post was dedicated to critiquing the move-set. As I haven't recently taken an in depth study of Moogle lore, I can only explain why certain ideas are unlikely based on a gameplay standpoint. And you are absolutely correct, the probability of his inclusion in the game has no bearing on this discussion, and I apologize for my bringing it into the topic.

platnum

Smash Lord
So what would Slime's role in the SSE be?
not for this thread.

Noob is a derogatory title towards one less experienced in the game. I stumbled onto this site as I was searching for information regarding Brawl in general, and the date at which I found this site has nothing to do with my skill level, or knowledge. If you mean to refer to someone in the future, simply use their name.

As to Platinum, the vast majority of my post was dedicated to critiquing the move-set. As I haven't recently taken an in depth study of Moogle lore, I can only explain why certain ideas are unlikely based on a gameplay standpoint. And you are absolutely correct, the probability of his inclusion in the game has no bearing on this discussion, and I apologize for my bringing it into the topic.
so now that thats estblished, lets discuss movesets and SSE!

you misspealed my name btw.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
So what would Slime's role in the SSE be?
You're in the wrong topic troll.

I believe ALinkToTheSnitch has a nice Rocket Slime thread available for you to discuss Slime's role in SSE.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
You're in the wrong topic troll.

I believe ALinkToTheSnitch has a nice Rocket Slime thread available for you to discuss Slime's role in SSE.
Thank you I shall take my business there then.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I think mog should pair with sonic in SSE. any Ideas?
I don't like the idea, I would much rather he were not in, but if he was he would be with Ridley who would kill him at the end of the level.

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I think mog should pair with sonic in SSE. any Ideas?
Moogle should be paired with either Fox or Krystal(if she gets in) Furry friends! =D

I don't like the idea, I would much rather he were not in, but if he was he would be with Ridley who would kill him at the end of the level.
Alright Mic, its one thing that you don't support Moogle, its another to bash someone elses topic. Your just being a troll. Go somewhere else. Make your own" Moogle won't be in Brawl" topic or go to gamefaqs. Thats my $.02

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Nothing. They are courageous little creatures who would put their lives on the line for friends and family.

I though they wre timid creatures that help out when they need to? Or maybe they are courageous little creatures who would put their lives on the line for friends and family.

platnum

Smash Lord
I though they wre timid creatures that help out when they need to? Or maybe they are courageous little creatures who would put their lives on the line for friends and family.
That depends on which game your playing, but in FFVI they were the later.

SSE:after the battle with the primid mog summons three chocobos to transport him fox and krystal , the next level is a chocobo minigame!

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
Summoning a Chocobo? I think thats a little far fetched. Unless I remeber correctly, you could summon Chocobos in FF7. but none the less Moogle can probably do that since he can already summon an insane number of espers.

platnum

Smash Lord
Summoning a Chocobo? I think thats a little far fetched. Unless I remeber correctly, you could summon Chocobos in FF7. but none the less Moogle can probably do that since he can already summon an insane number of espers.
well in FFIII choco was the first summon, and I thought a moogle should draw on elements of the whole franchise for its moves.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
You could also summon Chocobos in FFIV and FFVIII. There may be other games...but I can't remember them.

platnum

Smash Lord
ueah, this thread= not cool.

I anti support Moog..
that post=reported.

just when we get into discusion you try to send us off course like a meteor hitting a comet.

luckily comet>>>>>>>meteor.

so...any one want to suggest an alternative move set or some more stages?

IkexMarth

Smash Journeyman
I really can't think of any stages or movesets at the moment.

Edit: Actually I do have an idea Its a rip of the Battle Ship Halberd, but why not the Black Jack ship?

platnum

Smash Lord
I really can't think of any stages or movesets at the moment.

Edit: Actually I do have an idea Its a rip of the Battle Ship Halberd, but why not the Black Jack ship?
hmmmmm...how about you start on the FF2 air ship and transfer to the airships of 1-6 before repeating the process? any one care to photoshop that?

Top Bottom