• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Mii Fighter Thread: Where You and Mii Can Talk! Mii Fighter Social!

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Someone brought up a point about the Miis I didn't even consider.

Perhaps Miis are going to be Tomodachi styled to go with the Tomodachi Collection stage.

I'm not one to go into crackpot theories such as the ones used for Sceptile, but that would help explain why Find Mii isn't a "general Mii stage" as False Sense feels it should be and would also help explain why the stage did not show up on the Smash Direct while literally every previously seen locale had been shown along with some fresh ones.
Doesn't that sound a little far fetched? Why would they base the Miis on just one of their many appearances in games? Isn't part of the reason so many find the Miis likely is because of how prominent they are in so many Nintendo games now? Wouldn't basing them off that one game defeat the purpose of including them in the first place?

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I don't think it's likely that the Miis would be based solely on the Tomodachi series,
but it makes more sense for their symbol to be on the Tomodachi stage instead of the StreetPass Quest stage.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't that sound a little far fetched? Why would they base the Miis on just one of their many appearances in games? Isn't part of the reason so many find the Miis likely is because of how prominent they are in so many Nintendo games now? Wouldn't basing them off that one game defeat the purpose of including them in the first place?
No, because the Tomodachi franchise (i.e. more than one game) is the first that actually tries to give depth to the Miis as characters as opposed to simple player avatars.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No, because the Tomodachi franchise (i.e. more than one game) is the first that actually tries to give depth to the Miis as characters as opposed to simple player avatars.
Well, you could argue Find Mii did that as well with the creation of the royal family.

And is giving them "depth" really justification for basing their Smash incarnations entirely around that? After all, Miis are ultimately player avatars, so why not incorporate the wide variety of roles they've allowed players to place themselves in?

D

Deleted member

Well, you could argue Find Mii did that as well with the creation of the royal family.

And is giving them "depth" really justification for basing their Smash incarnations entirely around that? After all, Miis are ultimately player avatars, so why not incorporate the wide variety of roles they've allowed players to place themselves in?
...Not really. Unless you're also going to say the other non-Puzzle Swap Streetpass games do too....
All the Streetpass games do are have the player's Mii fill a role designed on the game. Introducing the Prince and Princess in Find Mii II isn't giving depth to the Miis; it's only creating two defined characters to serve a specific role (like Mr. Mendel, Wentworth, Iris, etc.) much like Blue Toad and Yellow Toad in the NSMB titles (do they provide depth to the Toad race?).
Tomodachi Collection, on the other hand, allows the Miis to be fleshed out, given personalities, be actual characters and not just a generic avatar or filler for a pre-defined role.

As for your last set of questions, they don't make any sense.
If you're talking about in terms of moveset, no one said anything about having a moveset strictly based on the franchise. Though it's possible, a more likely assumption would be for Miis to have a collective moveset. Doesn't mean they can't be primarily Tomodachi style like how Wario is primarily WarioWare style despite having aspects of both of his series.
If you're talking about design, then you're literally saying we should have this:

instead of this:

Which makes little sense.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
As for your last set of questions, they don't make any sense.
If you're talking about in terms of moveset, no one said anything about having a moveset strictly based on the franchise. Though it's possible, a more likely assumption would be for Miis to have a collective moveset. Doesn't mean they can't be primarily Tomodachi style like how Wario is primarily WarioWare style despite having aspects of both of his series.
If you're talking about design, then you're literally saying we should have this:

instead of this:

Which makes little sense.
And what is wrong with the former? That's what Miis look like the majority of the time, except when they alter costumes for specific game appearances, and even then they don't always do it. It's their most iconic form; why should it be anything else?

D

Deleted member

And what is wrong with the former? That's what Miis look like the majority of the time, except when they alter costumes for specific game appearances, and even then they don't always do it. It's their most iconic form; why should it be anything else?

Are you really going to ask that after I brought up Wario?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209

Are you really going to ask that after I brought up Wario?
Wario was added in representing his own series, where he is the main character as opposed to his typical side character role in Mario titles. Miis have multiple titles in which they are the focus; Tomodachi Life is one of many. Therefore, it makes little sense to make their Smash design based off of that series alone when the Miis are as equally prominent in numerous other titles, often in their default appearances.

Also, why would Miis be based off of Tomodachi Life if the Tomodachi Life series is only referenced on one of the consoles? Being a handheld series, it seems very unlikely that a Tomodachi stage will appear on the Wii U version, thus making the Miis designs out of place on that version of the game.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
There you go.
"Classic Mii" form as costume.
Everybody wins.

I have to say, if mii's are indeed playable, I see this as best case scenario. The Tomodachi models are so much better than the classic models, but the classic models are pretty ingrained in Nintendo's history at this point. It's a pretty similar case to Wario IMO

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wario was added in representing his own series, where he is the main character as opposed to his typical side character role in Mario titles. Miis have multiple titles in which they are the focus; Tomodachi Life is one of many. Therefore, it makes little sense to make their Smash design based off of that series alone when the Miis are as equally prominent in numerous other titles, often in their default appearances.
Are you under some illusion that Wario only has one franchise?
Wario has two. One of which he typically keeps the overalls.
In fact, prior to Brawl, Wario's biker design was his main design in 5 games total compared to the dozens of games where its not. Not counting Brawl, its total is.....6. Only one game since Brawl. While the overalls have showed up plenty since.

Also, Miis don't have a set default appearance in games. They frequently alternate between having legs and not having legs as well as having Raymanian arms and having regular arms depending on the game they're in. And that's not factoring in special outfits they wear in particular games.
The only "default" is their base state in the Mii Maker.

Also, why would Miis be based off of Tomodachi Life if the Tomodachi Life series is only referenced on one of the consoles? Being a handheld series, it seems very unlikely that a Tomodachi stage will appear on the Wii U version, thus making the Miis designs out of place on that version of the game.
I'd love to see the handheld Wii Fit game with the Wii Fit stage that comes from it in the 3DS version.

It's getting harder to take these arguments seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Are you under some illusion that Wario only has one franchise?
Wario has two. One of which he typically keeps the overalls.
In fact, prior to Brawl, Wario's biker design was his main design in 5 games total compared to the dozens of games where its not. Not counting Brawl, its total is.....6. Only one game since Brawl. While the overalls have showed up plenty since.

I'd love to see the handheld Wii Fit game with the Wii Fit stage that comes from it in the 3DS version.

It's getting harder to take these arguments seriously.
I am well aware of the existence of the Wario Land series. But it seems that it was because of his merits as a Wario Ware character that Wario got into Brawl. I doubt that Tomodachi Life was a deciding factor for the inclusion of Miis, if they are in.

And what sort of point are you trying to make by bringing up the Wii Fit series? It seems to be quite clear at this point that series limited to one console or the other can get stages based on their limited appearances in both versions of the game, if necessary. If you're suggesting that a Wii Fit stage on the 3DS is out of the question, it's not. On the other hand, if you're trying to suggest that Tomodachi Life could get a stage on the Wii U version, then I would say that that's very unlikely as the Miis have plenty of console games to pull a stage from.

And I would suggest that we don't resort to insulting each other. Can't we have a civilized debate over a video game without such mockery?

D

Deleted member

No, Wario got in because he's been a huge request for Smash since pre-Melee (3rd after Peach and Bowser, actually). Not because of his "merits" as a WarioWare character.
Even on his character page in Brawl, the original Japanese text roughly translates to "In response to many people's desires for participation, Wario appears!"
Likewise, Miis wouldn't get in because of Tomodachi Collection; they'd get in because there's a big part of modern Nintendo. However, Tomodachi Collection offers a particular style that the other games with Miis do not offer, which held true for why Wario was WarioWare style.

You should also check the edit for the huge hole in the argument about Miis and their "default" appearance.
I think with a little research, you'll find that they are rarely in a consistant appearance, let alone a "default" one, which is pretty much limited to the Mii Maker and outside game roles.

And your second point is a double standard. If Miis are to take Tomodachi Collection as the franchise they are associated with (the initial point) then them having a Tomodachi Collection stage on the Wii U game would be just as reasonable as a Wii Fit stage for the 3DS game. The only case that would make the other games they appear in relevant is if they weren't associated with Tomodachi but rather themselves, at which you're reverting back to your old argument that every one of the series that has them as the main characters should be listed as a single unit (except Wii Fit because excuses) and thus aren't likely.

I haven't insulted you yet, but you're making it very hard for me not to.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No, Wario got in because he's been a huge request for Smash since pre-Melee (3rd after Peach and Bowser, actually). Not because of his "merits" as a WarioWare character.
Even on his character page in Brawl, the original Japanese text roughly translates to "In response to many people's desires for participation, Wario appears!"
Likewise, Miis wouldn't get in because of Tomodachi Collection; they'd get in because there's a big part of modern Nintendo. However, Tomodachi Collection offers a particular style that the other games with Miis do not offer, which held true for why Wario was WarioWare style.

You should also check the edit for the huge hole in the argument about Miis and their "default" appearance.
I think with a little research, you'll find that they are rarely in a consistant appearance, let alone a "default" one, which is pretty much limited to the Mii Maker and outside game roles.

And your second point is a double standard. If Miis are to take Tomodachi Collection as the franchise they are associated with (the initial point) then them having a Tomodachi Collection stage on the Wii U game would be just as reasonable as a Wii Fit stage for the 3DS game. The only case that would make the other games they appear in relevant is if they weren't associated with Tomodachi but rather themselves, at which you're reverting back to your old argument that every one of the series that has them as the main characters should be listed as a single unit (except Wii Fit because excuses) and thus aren't likely.

I haven't insulted you yet, but you're making it very hard for me not to.
In all honesty, I'm getting very tired of debating this with you. It seems quite clear to me that neither of us are going to be changing our stances on the matter anytime soon. At this rate, we'll simply keep throwing counter arguments back at each other until tensions peak and things get rather ugly. So, I propose we simply agree to disagree before our little feud gets out of hand. What do you think?

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Likewise, Miis wouldn't get in because of Tomodachi Collection; they'd get in because there's a big part of modern Nintendo.
Completely 100% true. Hell it probably applies to Mario himself: He's not in Smash to "rep" the Mario games, he's in Smash because he's the freaking icon of the industry.

Though Sakurai does insists on Mario continuing to use FLUDD which only appeared in 1 game...

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Talking about icons and stages? Well, I always thought this would make sense:

dance yoga pose = Wii Fit Trainers / Wii Fit Studio stage
regal crown = Wandering Heroes / Find Mii stage
??? = Miis / Tomodachi Life stage

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I have to agree that the Tomodachi Life Miis would probably be the design that's used.

The classic design would probably be the alt.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've been gauging public opinion on the Miis for a while, and while the casual community has always loved the idea (They'd say yes to anything), the competitive opinion has slowly been rising to positive, with a big jump happening around Tomodachi Life's localization announcement and the TL Direct.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I've been gauging public opinion on the Miis for a while, and while the casual community has always loved the idea (They'd say yes to anything), the competitive opinion has slowly been rising to positive, with a big jump happening around Tomodachi Life's localization announcement and the TL Direct.
That makes sense. As soon as Miis were given a bit of personality to them (and rather... interesting personalities at that), I imagine many people who didn't care for Miis would be more fondof them. Personalities can play a large part in a characters popularity, after all.

D

Deleted member

I have to agree that the Tomodachi Life Miis would probably be the design that's used.

The classic design would probably be the alt.
Then again, now that I brought it up, the fact that Miis typically have an outfit based on the game they're in, while Miis could be "Tomodachi" style in detail instead of being simplistic like their base state, Miis could have a design/outfit tailored to Smash.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Then again, now that I brought it up, the fact that Miis typically have an outfit based on the game they're in, while Miis could be "Tomodachi" style in detail instead of being simplistic like their base state, Miis could have a design/outfit tailored to Smash.
Smash symbol on their shirt/chest.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I had a realization today as I was doing street passes - if it's been brought up before, sorry I haven't read all 23 pages of this thread!

Back when the "leaks" thread was a thing, I recall one of those leaks saying something about an unknown character throwing "Tetris blocks" as a ranged attack. It was assumed this was Mii, but Tetris block didn't make sense.

...But you know what does make sense? Monster Manor blocks. Many of them look identical to Tetris blocks, so it'd be easy to confuse them.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I had a realization today as I was doing street passes - if it's been brought up before, sorry I haven't read all 23 pages of this thread!

Back when the "leaks" thread was a thing, I recall one of those leaks saying something about an unknown character throwing "Tetris blocks" as a ranged attack. It was assumed this was Mii, but Tetris block didn't make sense.

...But you know what does make sense? Monster Manor blocks. Many of them look identical to Tetris blocks, so it'd be easy to confuse them.
I think most leaks aside from the Gematsu leak have been disproven, so it probably means nothing, really.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Hey, it doesn't say 'support' now I can curse about Miis!!:troll:
In all seriousness though, I wouldn't mind if they were in the game, however I just don't find them likely as they aren't technically All-Stars.
We don't even know if Sakurai likes the idea of Miis.
I also haven't read any of the previous posts as I don't feel like going through 22 pages.
So, I guess I'll run now.... :happysheep:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Hey, it doesn't say 'support' now I can curse about Miis!!:troll:
In all seriousness though, I wouldn't mind if they were in the game, however I just don't find them likely as they aren't technically All-Stars.
We don't even know if Sakurai likes the idea of Miis.
I also haven't read any of the previous posts as I don't feel like going through 22 pages.
So, I guess I'll run now.... :happysheep:
Well, from my perspective, I would say they are All-Stars due to appearing in numerous Nintendo titles, doing just about everything under the sun, and becoming recognizable icons to Nintendo at this point.

Though I will agree that they may not be as likely as everyone thinks.

So, yeah, run.

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Well, from my perspective, I would say they are All-Stars due to appearing in numerous Nintendo titles, doing just about everything under the sun, and becoming recognizable icons to Nintendo at this point.

Though I will agree that they may not be as likely as everyone thinks.

So, yeah, run.
Actually, I take back my statement.
they have a plethora of games, I can't take that away from them.
And yes, I feel they are a big part of Nintendo and YOU.
However I just don't feel like they are likely for reasons.
plz dont huurt meh :,(

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
It's not like they have a small move pool to choose from either. They've been in plenty more games than several characters on the roster already, and have been plugged into more settings/given access to more varieties of actions than everyone except the Mario cast.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I used to dread the idea of Miis being playable characters, but after discovering "Finding Mii" or whatever the game is called, I have become more open minded to the idea. As long as said character brings something unique to the table, I am all for it.

I could also see all the characters in Smash 4 having Mii alternate skins, kind of how you could play as your Mii in Mario & Sonic Olympics dressed as Sonic, Mario, or whomever.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
As disappointing as it may sound, do you guys think we will just get default Miis as playable, and not our own?
Worst idea ever, if you ask me. As much as it works for the villager, there's no point at playing something named "Mii"... If it's not me.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Worst idea ever, if you ask me. As much as it works for the villager, there's no point at playing something named "Mii"... If it's not me.
Which is why Wandering Heroes could work... they are Miis but they are not your Miis. :awesome:

But yeah, I think it would be pretty cool if the playable Mii is your Mii that is tied to your Nintendo Network ID.

Top Bottom