• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Manliest Treasure Hunter Alive - Wario... from Wario Land!

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. They are still the same character, and therefore, should include attacks from all of his games. Mario spinoffs, Wario Land, and WarioWare.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
He already has his WarioWare version. Since this is a second version of him in the same game there is NO REASON AT ALL to keep any of WarioWare's moves since that will make him a clone character. There is more than enough source material from his games to use in his moveset without resorting to made-up things like farting.

His WarioWare version already exists to cover all his possible moves from WarioWare. It doesn't need to bleed over into Warioland Wario.

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Everybody complains about the current Wario having no Wario Land based attacks, but no one realizes that he barely has any WarioWare attacks either. I say that the developers should just remove the current Wario entirely and replace him with a character that actually has attacks from his original games.

PsychoJosh

He doesn't have many "WarioWare attacks" because that game has no combat he is able to borrow from.

I would also like it if they replaced him with a Warioland-based Wario but that is not feasible as doing this is likely to piss off a lot of fans of the current Wario for no reason. So I say just add a new Wario and have them both in side by side, just like Samus and Zero Suit Samus.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't have many "WarioWare attacks" because that game has no combat he is able to borrow from.
Not true. If they could make the Villager a fighter, they can make Wario's microgames attacks. For example, popping balloons as an attack.

As for a separate Wario, I'm okay with that, but I'd rather just have the Wario we have get an overhaul.

PsychoJosh

Not true. If they could make the Villager a fighter, they can make Wario's microgames attacks.
That is not "combat" at all so you just reaffirmed what I said. Popping balloons is a terrible idea for an attack.

Look, I just want Warioland Wario. Go start your own thread about your own random variation of Wario if you really feel this way.

Last edited:

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
No thanks. Waluigi doesn't ever appear in Wario Land games, thus he is irrelevant.
so wario land games are the only relevant games in existence? waluigi didn't originate in a wario game, he was made in mario tennis, he's a staple of the sports games, nay, he is the star of the sidelines, the fan favorite. this resume gives him a wide variety of attack possibilities based on the many sports he's played, including golf, football, baseball, tennis, basketball, as well as his extremely talented dancing skills.

Waluigi isn't a main character in ANY game, in fact he isn't even a secondary character in the Mario series. He's tertiary. He's so profoundly unimportant that it makes my head spin as to why people seriously think he's a contender for being in Smash. He barely has enough source material to make an effective assist trophy, let alone a full-fledged character. They already exhausted their ideas for him just with his assist trophy.
ok, being a 'main character' isn't decisive, no pokemon is a 'main character' though pikachu is the mascot of the franchise. ROB was just a peripheral for the NES that got utilized in like, two games. Mr. Game and Watch is just a compilation of various civilians throughout the game and watch games. Villager, and the Mii Fighters are just avatars, though Robin is also an avatar, he does have a defined character in his game. the Duck Hunt dog can barely be considered a 'character' in the first place. that alone does not disqualify waluigi from the roster. and as i previously stated, he has a wide range of possible sport based attacks that more then makes a move-set, it would be perfectly viable for him to have custom attacks as well.

PsychoJosh

so wario land games are the only relevant games in existence? waluigi didn't originate in a wario game, he was made in mario tennis, he's a staple of the sports games, nay, he is the star of the sidelines, the fan favorite. this resume gives him a wide variety of attack possibilities based on the many sports he's played, including golf, football, baseball, tennis, basketball, as well as his extremely talented dancing skills.

ok, being a 'main character' isn't decisive, no pokemon is a 'main character' though pikachu is the mascot of the franchise. ROB was just a peripheral for the NES that got utilized in like, two games. Mr. Game and Watch is just a compilation of various civilians throughout the game and watch games. Villager, and the Mii Fighters are just avatars, though Robin is also an avatar, he does have a defined character in his game. the Duck Hunt dog can barely be considered a 'character' in the first place. that alone does not disqualify waluigi from the roster. and as i previously stated, he has a wide range of possible sport based attacks that more then makes a move-set, it would be perfectly viable for him to have custom attacks as well.
I am not going to discuss Waluigi, he is irrelevant to this thread (and to Smash as a whole) for the reasons I stated above. He is only a useless tertiary spinoff character and nothing else. Period.

Last edited:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Why not just add more custom moves to add to him? Shoulder Bash would be a wonderful unlockable alternative to his bike and his ground-shake would be neat to have... more than his Fart of course.

...Oh, It's also the same thing I want with Pac-Man... I miss Butt-Bouncing and Rev Rolling around.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
well, if you really want waluigi discussion left out of this thread, then very well. i'd hoped you would have reconsidered being so harsh on a character that's very quite popular. either way, you wont be seeing anything more from me on this thread about waluigi, that's a guarantee.

PsychoJosh

well, if you really want waluigi discussion left out of this thread, then very well. i'd hoped you would have reconsidered being so harsh on a character that's very quite popular. either way, you wont be seeing anything more from me on this thread about waluigi, that's a guarantee.
He is a contrived character who has no reason to exist. Why would I reconsider? I'm not the one in error here.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Why not just add more custom moves to add to him? Shoulder Bash would be a wonderful unlockable alternative to his bike and his ground-shake would be neat to have... more than his Fart of course.

...Oh, It's also the same thing I want with Pac-Man... I miss Butt-Bouncing and Rev Rolling around.
Because only Palutena and the Miis get real custom moves. Everyone else is lumped with variations. Yes, I'm bitter.

Zilexion

Smash Cadet
He is a contrived character who has no reason to exist. Why would I reconsider? I'm not the one in error here.
i would address the issue in the first sentence, but i guaranteed i wouldn't touch that, and i'll hold to my word. now on the two sentences i can address, why would you reconsider an opinion? because if you never consider the possibility of failure, you're bound to fail. by ignoring the possibility that something could perhaps be not as it appears, you will ignore incredible opportunities in life. by limiting yourself, you will find yourself oppressed. the power to broaden one's own horizons should never be scoffed, for it is one of our greatest abilities as humans. the logic of someone having an opinion that conflicts yours putting them 'in error' is exactly what i'm referring to here. by blindly rejecting any opinion that is non-conforming, you're essentially locking yourself in a tiny room with no window. i think if you open up a little, you might just find yourself pleasantly surprised by the things around you that you never noticed before.

D

Deleted member

This thread's like a highly unstable train that keeps derailing off into the darkest depths, coming back on the track only now and then.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
If we want to get back on topic, we have to study its movesets from the following games:

Wario Land 1-4,
Virtual Boy Wario Land
Wario Land Shake It
Wario World

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Should Wario have a moveset mostly based off the transformations in WL2-WL4, or physical attacks?

D

Deleted member

Wario Land Shake It
If there's one thing i'd love to see for Wario, it's violent shaking with rapid-tapping :GCB:!

Just imagine that sucker being your greatest rival, or perhaps a character you hate.

Definitely does better than a lame, nigh useless and not-fun biting move.

Edit : 2nd most wanted and lovely thing is the return of Shoulder Bash over generic fist inflating punch. Complete with special effects!

Last edited by a moderator:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
If there's one thing i'd love to see for Wario, it's violent shaking with rapid-tapping :GCB:!

Just imagine that sucker being your greatest rival, or perhaps a character you hate.

Definitely does better than a lame, nigh useless and not-fun biting move.

Edit : 2nd most wanted and lovely thing is the return of Shoulder Bash over generic fist inflating punch. Complete with special effects!
I know you're being sarcastic, but the Shoulder Bash is more interesting than the punch.

D

Deleted member

I know you're being sarcastic, but the Shoulder Bash is more interesting than the punch.
Pretty sure that's what i was trying to say, shoulder bash is better than the "punch". I'm beginning to like the idea of Wario Land Wario slowly...

D

Deleted member

I guess i was being a bit foolish, but i'd definitely take a cool attack that can deal more damage potential than Chomp.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Chomp has great damage potential, but what makes it amazing is its ability to eat so many projectiles.

D

Deleted member

Chomp has great damage potential, but what makes it amazing is its ability to eat so many projectiles.
Now HERE is a point i forgot, Wario's ability to not only eat stuff but also eat up projectiles. It's a bit fun to eat up stuff your not supposed to eat ( fits in with Warios character i suppose, especially eating bombs or crates for the LULZ ), but the same basic goal can be achieved with a dodge. Dodge... or EAT IT?!

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Not only can it eat projectiles, but it can cancel attacks such as DK's dash attack and pretty much any Sonic attack.

D

Deleted member

Alright i know there is a bunch of stuff Wario can lose if he were to lose his Chomp. It's only my opinion though, perhaps WITH OP's idea of a seperate, and well done Wario "clone" of some sorts he can be in all his enemy shaking, tremor causing glory.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Yes, of course. Although, I don't think too much emphasis should be put on it, maybe it could be his pummel.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I disagree. They are still the same character, and therefore, should include attacks from all of his games. Mario spinoffs, Wario Land, and WarioWare.
:4samus: and :4zss: are the same character yet they have nothing in common.

I don't see why :4wario: and :4wario2: should share moves when the point of having Overalls Wario is to differentiate himself from Wario by having Wario Land moves instead of WarioWare moves.

xXx_1keMain_xXx

Smash Cadet
Okay, let's not get carried away here, fellow wario mains. Before they add a second wario, they NEED to add rat

RAT FROM DK.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's the crane to get this train back on track.

I think the Wario Land Series deserves better than it got in Brawl and 4 and we've got multiples of various characters.

The only problem is, what t name the different Warios? Smash has surprised us before with naming Wind Waker Link Toon Link and calling armour-less Samus Zero Suit Samus so there's probably something more than just calling him Classic Wario.

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
There's two characters named Roy, why not two Warioes? His announcer call could just be deeper when he announces Wario Land Wario.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
There's two characters named Roy, why not two Warioes? His announcer call could just be deeper when he announces Wario Land Wario.
Think about Roy is he's an alt costume and doesn't appear on the selection screen itself. Imagine you're picking up Smash and you see Wario twice, you'd think there was something wrong with the game showing a character twice. Not to mention the confusion amoung the programmers

Let's see if we can make a list...

Wario LAND
  • Classic Wario
  • Plumber Wario
  • Explorer Wario (with plinth cap)
  • Wario Land (they named the duck and dog Duck Hunt after all)
Wario WARE

• Biker Wario
  • Boss Wario
  • Wario Ware

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
I never really understood why they based him off of WarioWare other than he has a much more unique costume. Pretty bad excuse if you ask me though lol.

Quite literally the only similarities i'd see between Wario Land and Ware Warios would be their basic jabs/tilts. Wario Land Wario's airs would all be different considering he has many caps or other abilities to choose from....heck could do that for ground attacks too lol.

Much as i like playing WarioWare Wario i'd gladly sacrifice him to get WarioLand Wario if that was what it took to get him in. Both would be nice but i'd be kinda shocked if it happened.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I still think just if they added more custom moves in an update, I'd be happy.

Personally though, if I work on a Smash fangame sometime (or was helping with the next Smash) Let's just say I would give both Wario Land and Ware a good amount of representation. Especially with the custom moves. ((Normal Wario is fine gameplay wise, but you would be able to spice him up and give him some more familiar moves... Same would go with other characters like Mario and Pac-Man))

Plus I would probably replace his downsmash with Project M's... It just looks and feels cool ;)

...Let's also say I would add more songs from the Land games... Especially WL4, I just loved that soundtrack.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Remember, this is the series that kept Ganon as a Falcon Clone. They'll not drop the Ware based Wario.

On another topic, Land Wario does have a lot to draw inspiration from

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely love this idea! I grew up with the Wario Land series, and they just so happen to be some of my favorite platformers! I do like Wario how he is in Smash, but it's just not the Wario I grew up with. I don't know how the majority of Smash players would react to 2 Warios, but I support this! There is a ton of potential for a very fun and unique fighter here

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
I might make another moveset because my other two were terrible and I disagree with almost everything else I've said in this thread at this point.

Top Bottom