• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Manliest Treasure Hunter Alive - Wario... from Wario Land!

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, another second version of an existing character. Dozens of currently unexplored characters and series out there, but that's exactly what we need.
Pretty much this.

As much as I like Wario, adore the Wario Land series and feel that it being totally ignored in Smash is unfair, we don't need 2 Warios. Having the shoulder bash back as his side Smash, and perhaps another Wario Land attack replacing something in his moveset would suffice as representation moveset wise. No touching his specials though, those are amazing.

Also, why do people want Wario to throw coins? Why would Wario, one of the most greedy and moneyloving characters in the Nintendo universe be throwing money away at people?

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
I agree, we don't need two Warios, there should only be one: THIS one. This is what Wario should have been from the beginning. I'd love to remove the current Wario in the game and replace him with this one but that's not possible so it's inevitable that there's gonna be two Warios.

It doesn't matter that there's two though, because there's already duplicate characters who have way less differences between them than my proposed Wario and the current one. This is basically an entirely different character. And if they can justify having two Samuses, two Links, two Pits and two Marios, they can justify having two Warios.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Besides, the bare minimum they could do is give Classic Wario his Shoulder Dash in place of the bike.

BAM! Totally different character.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
I agree, we don't need two Warios, there should only be one: THIS one. This is what Wario should have been from the beginning. I'd love to remove the current Wario in the game and replace him with this one but that's not possible so it's inevitable that there's gonna be two Warios.
And screw over people who like current Wario and the Warioware series? Yeah, no. That is a terrible idea.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I don't think the current Wario needs to be removed or that this is necessarily the superior Wario. Both have their own merits and both have their fans - it's a bit grandiose to say that this is objectively the best choice, especially when a few tweaks here and there would appeal to both aspects of Wario's pedigree.

PsychoJosh

And screw over people who like current Wario and the Warioware series? Yeah, no. That is a terrible idea.
Exactly, which is why there needs to be two Warios. I'd have preferred just the one, with a moveset based on Wario Land, but that's not feasible now. This requires a second Wario.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I support this. :4wario2: is the ideal choice for a second Wario rep.

:4wario: can keep his awful WarioWare-based moveset. Give me :4wario2: with moves from Wario Land games.

After all, Wario Land games are the reason I supported Wario for Melee/Brawl in the first place... and I was so disappointed that he had almost nothing from Wario Land games besides the shoulder bash and his alternate costume.

D

Deleted member

A careful mixture of the two warios can form the ultimate wario. Just like in PM. :wario: + :warioc: = KABOOM!

That's how I would do it atleast. I don't think it can be toooo bad... like a very volatile lab experiment. Can A properly mix with B, while keeping the people happy with this character?

I know you got a disliking for poor ol' Waluigi, and i know you want this new Wario as a secondary character and the 2nd Wario universe rep. But... yeah. You may be a little impressed on how this could turn out.

Last edited by a moderator:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Please don't replace the bike. That's my biggest complaint about Project M. The bike is as integral to WarioWare Wario as the shoulder bash is to Wario Land Wario.

Ideally, the fart or the chomp should be removed.

:231:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Please don't replace the bike. That's my biggest complaint about Project M. The bike is as integral to WarioWare Wario as the shoulder bash is to Wario Land Wario.

I quite like the chomp, if only because I can't think of a decent alternative, but, yeah, you all know my feelings on the fart.

I still like my suggestion: replace the green cloud with an orange one, change the sound effect to an actual explosion, replace the weak discharge with a fizzle and a puff of smoke and name the move Wario Blast.

Enderwoman

Smash Journeyman
The Waft is amazing. Its extremely useful and its hilarious. Call me immature, but killing somebody with a fart and a fart actually having that much power is funny. And I think it does fit Wario, he is a big man after all.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

I completely disagree.

I'm not proposing just making a clone of the current Wario with a single different move, I'm proposing a completely different character with NOTHING BUT different moves. It's essentially the difference between Samus and ZSS. Everything about the current Wario is gone in this facelift to be replaced with moves from Wario Land because it's a complete travesty that he doesn't have any of the substantial number of moves from that game series. Clone characters are exceedingly lame and there is nothing about the current Wario that needs to be kept in the Warioland version.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I completely disagree.

I'm not proposing just making a clone of the current Wario with a single different move, I'm proposing a completely different character with NOTHING BUT different moves. It's essentially the difference between Samus and ZSS. Everything about the current Wario is gone in this facelift to be replaced with moves from Wario Land because it's a complete travesty that he doesn't have any of the substantial number of moves from that game series. Clone characters are exceedingly lame and there is nothing about the current Wario that needs to be kept in the Warioland version.
Oh, I understand that. I was talking about the unified Wario idea which Wintropy had brought up.

Your Classic Wario obviously should not have the bike. It should incorporate the car though.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Your Classic Wario obviously should not have the bike. It should incorporate the car though.
While the Wario Car is incredibly cool, it's not an actual move he uses in the games, and therefore should not be part of his movelist. Maybe it can show up in one of his victory poses, where he drives off in it wearing sunglasses with a huge sack of money in the back.

His moves should incorporate as much as possible from the actual gameplay of the WL games. Even with a complete move list of nothing but WL moves, they still probably wouldn't be able to fit them all in, but they should try nonetheless. There is no reason for his move list to not be completely full of them.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master

It's either chomp or the bike that must die.

Shoulder bash and waft are too Wario.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
There are a variety of ways to incorporate the Shoulder Dash into Wario:
  • As a Forward Smash like in Brawl. To make it a bit more faithful, it could move forward quite a distance like Wolf's F-Smash in Brawl with a sweetspot somewhere in the move to prevent it from being OP.
  • As a dash attack, as Ganondorf, Falcon, and Samus do shoulder charges as dash attacks.
  • As a special.
I prefer the special since Wario Bike makes no sense if it's a pure Wario Land standpoint. But they should be free to do anything else as long as the Dash Attack is accounted for.

PsychoJosh

Dash attack should be a quick version of his super headrush from WL4, but you're not able to hold it down, it just comes out quickly.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
If Wario recieves a new Wario-land based special move, the Corkscrew is the one that should go. This would limit what attacks he could recieve, but at least that awful attack would be gone. Perhaps it can be replaced with Bubble Wario, Bouncy Wario, or Puffy Wario.
I'm totally fine with him being a completely different character, as long as current Wario keeps his overall costumes.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

:4wario: can keep the fart, the chomp, the bike, and the corkscrew.

:4wario2: can have different moves. I don't care what... just as long as they are from Wario Land games. The hats from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3, the transformations like vampire, snowman, flaming, etc. from Wario Land 2-4, the shaking and the pounding from Wario Land: Shake It!, these are the moves that :4wario2: should have.

I support Overalls Wario!

Martingale

Smash Apprentice
Ideally, Wario should be an amalgamation of his incarnations from WarioLand, WarioWare, and Master of Disguise (yup, I'm throwing that one into the mix too). I'd definitely say the Corkscrew attack is one to be replaced with Bouncy Wario as stated many times prior in this thread, but Demon Wario is a possibility for this recovery role too. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chomp being removed and replaced with Genius Wario's extending boxing glove for extra range on Wario, which is somewhat lacking. Bring back the shoulder bash forward smash for definite. Cosmic Wario's laser could probably be incorporated into a throw or aerial. Maybe have him turn into Captain Wario when he enters deep water.

But then again, I'm one of the five people to have ever played Master of Disguise. WarioLand is probably a lot more relevant, and he gets a bunch of intruiging powers there too.

Damn it Wario, you have too much canon.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Ideally, Wario should be an amalgamation of his incarnations from WarioLand, WarioWare, and Master of Disguise (yup, I'm throwing that one into the mix too). I'd definitely say the Corkscrew attack is one to be replaced with Bouncy Wario as stated many times prior in this thread, but Demon Wario is a possibility for this recovery role too. I wouldn't mind seeing the Chomp being removed and replaced with Genius Wario's extending boxing glove for extra range on Wario, which is somewhat lacking. Bring back the shoulder bash forward smash for definite. Cosmic Wario's laser could probably be incorporated into a throw or aerial. Maybe have him turn into Captain Wario when he enters deep water.

But then again, I'm one of the five people to have ever played Master of Disguise. WarioLand is probably a lot more relevant, and he gets a bunch of intruiging powers there too.

Damn it Wario, you have too much canon.
You can't forget Wario World (I'm one of the five people who played THAT game). At least we have the Wild Swing Ding, but we should at least have the Power Throw in there somewhere (that even appeared in Wario Land) and maybe the Piledriver as a kill throw.

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Wario World also has great raw wrestling moves. Those should cover basically all his throws.

Forward throw = Charged single-hand toss (WL1-4)
Back throw = Wild Swing-Ding
Up throw = Piledriver
Down throw = Oicho Nage (smashes them flat on the ground, then pounds them with his butt. Taken from E. Honda in Street Fighter)

Last edited:

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
Doesn't the Chomp originate from Wario World? Which I''d say is closer to being a Wario Land game than a WarioWare one.

As much as I do love the current Wario I was upset at the lack of Wario Land representation as Wario Land 4 was one of my favourite games as a kid. Project M Wario seems to have done a good job of making him Wario Landish, but as a lover of the current moveset I'd like a way to play as both if I'm to play Wario in a Smash game.

Although, seeing how Project M is so good with alt costumes and the like, how come we haven't got a Pith Hat Wario to go along with his new moveset?

PsychoJosh

Doesn't the Chomp originate from Wario World? Which I''d say is closer to being a Wario Land game than a WarioWare one.
Not really. In Wario World it's more of an inhaling move than a simple chomp.

I did make mention of some of his moves from Wario World in the latter half of my post.

D

Deleted member

I support this.

I do enjoy Wario's moveset in 4, but I hate how it doesn't incorporate anything from Wario Land (even the Shoulder Bash is gone... and Wario Land only got one song). I wouldn't mind a second, unique moveset for Wario.

Quillion

Smash Hero
But could Overalls Wario be split into a separate character like Dark Pit was split from Pit at this point?

Maybe... just maybe...

mark welford

Smash Ace
I tried Wario Land 4 last night and I enjoyed it! I completely support this Wario really is a funny character and justification for overalls Wario being separate :4mario::4drmario:/:4link::4tlink:/:4samus::4zss:/:4pit::4darkpit: that is all.

Last edited:

Dirty Duck

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheThirdChild
3DS FC
3351-4520-5317
I tried Wario Land 4 last night and I enjoyed it! I completely support this Wario really is a funny character and justification for overalls Wario being separate :4mario::4drmario:/:4link::4tlink:/:4samus::4zss:/:4pit::4darkpit: that is all.
Honestly though this really doesn't work as justification despite the amount of people saying it, I'd like WArio Land WArio but of the characters you suggested, Dr Mario, Toon Link and Dark Pit are all clones that do not require an original moveset, they take minimal development time in comparison to the rest of the roster. ZSS and Samus couldn't be clones obviously, but they're very identifiably different and Sakurai probably prioritises Samus over WArio because she's more iconic and Metroid only has her as a rep. I know many of us would say WArio Land has NO rep but because of some stuff he said concerning Melee characters it seems he considered Wario a Mario rep before WarioWare; so WArio Land Wario would, in the eyes of Sakurai, be;
Not a clone
Not a new character
Not representing a series that needs more reps
Not in need of another character slot like ZSS was

As much as I like to fanboy about Wario, this is an incredibly unlikely dream

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
at first I thought this was a stupid idea, but now I like the idea. I do support this. One question, what will the logo be? It can't be the W, that's the WarioWare symbol.

PsychoJosh

WarioWare symbol becomes the mustache bomb, Classic Wario gets the W symbol.

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Since this thread has no real moveset for Wario, I'll make one. Feel free to tell me anything wrong with it.

Attributes
Speed: A tiny bit faster than Link.
Aerial Speed: About as fast as Donkey Kong, but falls faster.
Size: Noticeably bigger than Biker Wario.
Weight: same as Ike.
Crawl: Yes.
Wall Jump: No.
Ground Attacks
Neutral Attack: Wario Punch. Punch with one hand, punch with the other, then a headbutt.

Forward Tilt: a forward punch. His arm grows muscular, like when he does a Shoulder Bash. Can be angled.

Up Tilt: Does an upward kick, then falls backward. Decent power, but has a large amount of end lag.

Down Tilt: rolls forward.

Dash Attack: small charge forward with the bull hat from Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.

Forward Smash: Equips the dragon hat from Wario Land: SML3, and shoots fire downwards.

Up Smash: Holds up a bomb from Wario Blast and lets it explode, which chars him. Huge hitbox, but high end lag.

Down Smash: Holds his fist over his head, then performs an Earth Tremor. Does upward knockback.

Edge Attack: flips over the edge and hits with the edge of his pointy shoes.

Floor Attack: gets up and spins to attack.

Trip Attack: gets up and punches the ground.
Aerial Attacks
Neutral Aerial: A body slam. Similar to Biker Wario's neutral aerial, but with no spin.

Forward Aerial: A small Shoulder Bash forward with the Jet Hat.

Back Aerial: A backward kick.

Up Aerial: Lies backward like Biker Wario's back aerial, and hits with his stomach.

Down Aerial: A Ground Pound.
Grabs
Grab: Grabs the opponent and holds them over his head.

Pummel: Raises his head and butts the grabbed opponent.

Forward Throw: An average throw forward. This is his kill throw.

Back Throw and Down Throw are the same as Biker Wario's.

Up Throw: Piledriver.
Specials
Neutral Specials:
1. Shake It! - Wario reaches his hand out and grabs an opponent. Once he grabs them, Wario then violently shakes them, doing minimal damage. When shaking them, hitting B while do more damage, like Chomp. When released, they will be stunned. Like Mewtwo's Disable, the higher the opponent's damage, the longer they are stunned. While being shook, the opponent has coins and other things fly out of them, but this affects nothing.
2. Earth Shake - The attack no longer stuns, but causes much more damage, and can even be a kill move. The screen shakes sometimes when performing this move.
3. Cold Shake - Ice particles fly out of the opponent instead of coins. When Wario is done shaking, the opponent is frozen instead of stunned. The opponent can become unfrozen faster.

Side Specials:
1. Shoulder Bash - The classic Shoulder Bash. Can be charged for more power. You can jump or fall while performing the attack. It will automatically end after a few seconds, hitting something, or if Wario lands after a jump or fall. The attack becomes a Corkscrew Conk when used while airborne. Corkscrew Conk gains less vertical distance than in Wario World, and can hit multiple times.
2. Corkscrew Conk - Shoulder Bash is removed entirely. Using it on the ground will result in a Corkscrew Conk.
3. Shoulder Dash - The attack does little damage and goes through enemies, but goes much faster, similar to Biker Wario's Speeding Bike. Corkscrew Conk now only hits once, but gains more vertical distance.

Up Specials:
1.Reaction - Transforms into one of his reactions. If the B button is tapped, he does a quick, average recovery move that does no damage, such as Bouncy Wario, Ball o' String Wario, or a Grab-bot. If the B button is held down, the move is slower, but gains more altitude, such as Bubble Wario, Puffy Wario, or Vampire Bat Wario.
2. Chemical Reaction - The reactions do damage, but have decreased altitude.
3. Overreaction - All reactions act differently. Bouncy Wario lasts longer, Puffy Wario acts like R.O.B's up special, Bubble Wario rapidly moves back and forth, Ball o' String Wario bounces after landing and goes slightly horizontal, Grab-bot can damage enemies, and Vampire Bat Wario can fly more freely.

Down Specials:
1. Coin Magnet - Pulls out a coin magnet from Yoshi's Island DS. This attack can suck in opponents and items, and the range is shown by coins flying into Wario's magnet When an opponent is sucked in, Wario doesn't do anything, but the coins flying to his magnet will damage them. He can also move very slowly while performing the attack, but cannot turn around or jump.
2. Mega Magnet - Coins fly into Wario's magnet much less frequently, at about two coins every half-second. However, they are bigger and do more damage, and the inhale range is longer. Wario loses the ability to move.
3. Light Magnet - Wario can move faster and even jump while performing the attack, but the inhale range is shorter.

Final Smash: Gold Mine - Much like Ice Climber's final smash, a pile of gold rises from the ground as Wario laughs. However, instead of the pile itself damaging, Gold also falls from the skies and targets opponents.
Misc.
Entrance animation: drives on the battlefield in his car, exits the car, then it drives away on its own.

Up Taunt: transforms into Tiny Wario for a second.

Side Taunt: flexes.

Down Taunt: chokes down some garlic.

Victory Pose 1: Laughs constantly.

Victory Pose 2: Kicks around a Goom like a ball.

Victory Pose 3: Cheers in victory with a huge bag of money behind him.

EDIT: Added custom moves.
EDIT2: Cleaned up the post, changed Shoulder Bash, added new neutral special.
EDIT3: Changed Hyper Suction to coin magnet, added new victory pose, changed forward aerial

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Regarding Classic Wario's final smash, I was thinking it'd be a lunging-type move.

He pulls out an empty money sack and dashes forward at high speed, and anyone who makes contact with him gets stuffed in the bag. Once he reaches the end of the platform he shakes the bag rapidly and causes millions of coins to fly out, causing damage to the people inside. He then chucks the bag (and all its occupants) and inhales up all the coins.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
I like that Final Smash more. Maybe my moveset could have included attacks from games like Wario Blast or Master of Disguise.

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Also, why do people want Wario to throw coins? Why would Wario, one of the most greedy and moneyloving characters in the Nintendo universe be throwing money away at people?
Most likely because you could do that in Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.

mark welford

Smash Ace
Here are some songs that could be used for a stage:

Wario Land 4 Puzzle room original.

Wario Land 4 Hurry Up! Original.

Wario Land 4 Theme song remix and original.

Monsoon Jungle original.

Toxic Landfill remix.

Also a minor alt could be shades Wario like on the startup of Wario Land 4 his entrance could be like Little Mac in the way that when he drives up he takes his shades off but with the shades alt he doesn't take them off when he drives up.

Any more ideas for music?

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Alright, so I'm gonna try and make my own movelist for Warioland Wario here.

Speed: 5/10
Weight: 8/10
Size: Almost the size of Dedede
Can Crawl: Yes

NORMALS:

Dash Attack: A huge overhead punch. While running, he brings his fist down on his opponent's head, and his momentum forces him to hop on one foot for a short distance before stopping.

Neutral A: 3-hit punch combo from Wario World. (Punches once with each arm, followed by a headbutt.)
Forward Tilt: Thrusting punch where his arm grows big.
Down Tilt:
Reaches forward and flicks opponent with finger and thumb.
Up Tilt: He pulls out a large coin and holds it over his head. The coin can be tossed upwards or forwards.

Forward Smash: Soccer kick. After doing the kick his animation freezes in the air momentarily, similar to how it looks in the Game Boy.
Up Smash: Springy Wario. He compresses his legs into a spring and bounces upwards. Height of his bounce depends on how much the move is charged. Falls back down as soon as he makes contact with an opponent or ceiling.
Down Smash: Earthquake punch from Wario Land: Shake It. Causes two shockwaves on either side of him.

Neutral Air: Spinning double lariat. He sticks his fists out to his sides and spins with his feet pointed downwards, whacking opponents with his fists.
Up Air: Punches his fists against each other over his head.
Forward Air: Overhead punch. He punches forward so hard that he starts to do a top spin as he falls.
Down Air: Butt slam from all Wario Land Game Boy games. Increased power if he falls from a higher height. Doing this with the Bull Cap equipped increases its power even more and causes a shockwave upon landing.

SPECIALS:

B: Shoulder Rush. Has the iconic sound effect from the Game Boy games. Jumping while doing this will extend the move into the air. Can also be crouch-cancelled, although he will slide a short distance.
Up+B: Puffy Wario. Floats up into the air until he exhales. Enemies attacking him from the air might cause him to exhale early, which will knock them upwards if they're above him, but causes no damage.
Side+B: Varies depending on which hat he has equipped (see Down+B).
  • If his normal hat is equipped, his Side+B is a Super Head Rush attack from Wario Land 4. He will begin running with his head lowered. Once he reaches top speed he will gain armor and begin leaving after-images of himself, and anyone who gets hit by him will take high damage and get knocked back a great distance. Wario needs sufficient space to begin this move and even more room to stop. This move can kill.
  • If Dragon Cap is equipped, his hat will snort a cascade of flame. Wario can still move around and do other things while the flame is shooting out, similar to a Curry item.
  • If Eagle Cap is equipped, he will have a shoulder rush attack that can be performed in the air and carries him a great horizontal distance.
  • If Bull Cap is equipped, he will attempt to butt his opponents with his horns. Anyone who gets gored by his horns gets butted away with incredible force. Highly powerful kill move.
Down+B: Hat Switch. He will take off his currently equipped hat and put on a different hat, cycling through them each time down+B is inputted. The progression goes Normal > Dragon > Eagle > Bull > Normal. Each hat gives him new properties and moves.

• Normal Hat: Self-explanatory.
  • Dragon Cap: Allows Wario to blow flames with his Side+B. Does not otherwise significantly change his properties.
  • Eagle Cap: Gives Wario a shoulder rush move he can perform in the air with his side+B. Also increases his jump height and reduces his weight, making him more floaty and easier to knock away.
  • Bull Cap: Makes Wario heavier and slower, harder to knock away. Increases the damage and knockback on all his moves. Allows him to create shockwaves by butt-slamming the ground, and also allows him to attempt to gore opponents with horns as his side+B.
THROWS: Wario holds up his opponent with a single hand.

Pummel: Punches opponent in the gut with other hand. Coins fly out with each punch.
Forward Throw: Single-handed toss from all Wario games. He chucks his opponent away with a single hand. Can be released immediately for a setup into another attack or charged up for greater kill power.
Up Throw: Spinning piledriver from Wario World. He spins up into the air with his opponent before dropping them on their head with his own weight. Causes explosion upon fall, excellent knockback.
Back Throw: Wild Swing Ding. He spins his opponent by their legs before tossing them away. Can be released immediately for a setup into a new attack, or held to allow him to freely move around for a moment and whack other opponents with the currently held opponent.
Down Throw: Oicho throw. He mashes his opponent's face into the ground and then slams his butt on them.

FINAL SMASH: Greedy Shakedown

Wario pulls out a gigantic empty money sack and swings it in front of him, stuffing any opponents he catches into the sack. Once the sack contains at least one opponent he will begin violently shaking it, causing millions of coins to fly out, causing damage as he does so. Once he shakes out all the coins he can, he immediately tosses the sack and all its occupants offscreen with great force, and sucks up all the coins.

MISC. PROPERTIES:
  • Wario carries most items the way he does in Wario Land, holding them over his head with a single arm. When it is a throwable item, like a Pokeball or Bob-Omb, Wario can charge his throw with a Smash attack input, and toss it either upwards or sideways.

Last edited:

Amiiboshiibo

Smash Journeyman
Nice moveset! Although, I don't think the hat thing will work, since mid-game transformations are gone.

Also, I think we should make a moveset that combines the current Wario and this Wario.

EDIT: I know I'll forget if I wait until morning, so I'm making it now.
Not only am I making this moveset more based off of Wario Land, but also WarioWare microgames, because he lacks those too, and spinoff games like Wario Blast or Mario games.

Note: any attack I don't list is the same as the current Wario's attack.
Attribute changes:
Wario will be slightly bigger and his nose will be darker.
Ground attack changes:
Neutral attack: now a left punch, right punch, then headbutt.

Forward tilt: rolls forward a small distance like how he rolls down hills in Wario Land 3.
Up tilt: shoots the graphite from a mechanical pencil upward. Based off "Waste with Haste" minigame.

Dash attack: a small Shoulder Bash.

Forward smash: a charging headbutt forward.
Up smash: holds up a balloon and pops it. Based off the "Party Popper" minigame.
Down smash: the earth tremor punch, of course.
Aerial attack changes:
Neutral aerial: a spin similar to Wario's current down smash in SSB4. Based off the "Wario Whirled" minigame.
Back aerial: a kick backwards.
Up aerial: a pink arrow flies from the fourth wall, similar to Duck Hunt's smash attacks. Based off Wario's minigame in Game and Wario.
Down aerial: a ground pound that acts similar to Link's down aerial.
Special Attack Changes:
Up special: replaced with Puffy Wario. Can sometimes be the owl. Slowly raises up, and pushes enemies away with no damage.
Down special: Wario Waft, but with green gas.
Misc. changes:
Idle animation: Wario takes more of a fighting stance.
Running animation: no longer runs sideways.
Victory pose: his fart victory pose is replaced with the thumbs up and wink.
Boxer alias: his alias in Boxing Ring is changed to anything not having to do with farts. Why does Sakurai think that farts make up Wario's entire character?

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Also, I think we should make a moveset that combines the current Wario and this Wario.
I completely disagree. There is absolutely nothing about the current Wario that needs to be kept in this one.
This Wario is supposed to be based on Wario Land, and he never farted as an attack in the Wario Land games.

Let Biker Wario keep the fart. This one should be an entirely different character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom