• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lycia Alliance: Roy Legacy Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troykv

Smash Master
Your amazing work made me want to draw Roy as well!

Is just a little Melee redesing, even if people loves the Awakening one I still like his old one...
Maybe if I get some free time I'll color it.
Something that took me by commenting.

Everyone (?) ignores the official design that took Roy in Fire Emblem, if was somewhat different from that seen in Smash. Okay, not all, but many seem to forget that Roy has no purple cape on his official design xD

A friend of mine who is a fan of the character as me. He wants the design used in Smash 4 is closest to the official one.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
If it were Roy with his Awakening attire being shown, I would literally flood my house with tears of happiness and be admitted to a mental health facility for not being able to contain my excitement.

^ Overexaggeration but more or less my reaction to that still.

Here's a question for you all. How would you guys go about with making a reveal trailer for Roy?
I would literally die, but at least I would die happy. HD Roy (especially Awakening Roy) would probably make my heart stop. 2beautiful.

Reveal trailer idea I've always had is similar to Lucas', actually. (Spoiler because lmao what is grammar)
Marth is fighting, ends up getting knocked to the ground, is about to get hit by something, Marth cringes (expecting to get hit), but the hit never comes
looks up
bam cool cape
fire and stuff
surprised Marth
Roy's like "It's been a long time" or something like that because why not bring in some cool feels that reference how long its been since Melee
"Roy!"
>Roy unseals/seals his fate!
or something because SoS reference
proceed to ***-kicking
Also I still want him to speak Japanese. If he doesn't, I will be disappointed. Haha.

Everyone (?) ignores the official design that took Roy in Fire Emblem, if was somewhat different from that seen in Smash. Okay, not all, but many seem to forget that Roy has no purple cape on his official design xD

A friend of mine who is a fan of the character as me. He wants the design used in Smash 4 is closest to the official one.
Well technically his "Melee" design is his Great Lord class design. You can see it in the Hasha no Tsurugi manga. His normal FE6 design is just his Lord class design. And seeing as though Roy is wielding the SoS in Melee, he would have to be a Great Lord.
So that's probably why he has that armor in Smash. At least I think so.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Trying...so hard...to avoid...bringing the OTP...into the thread... *grips table* Making it difficult....
It's okay

That's one of my fave pairings as well. But when I tested their love, this is what happened:

MY DREAMS ARE CRUSHED!! :crying:

jk, jk. :p It's fun messing around with the Tester.

Seriously though, Old Hubba needs to make an appearance in the new FE game.

And awesome drawing @Boo Jr. <3

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
It's okay

That's one of my fave pairings as well. But when I tested their love, this is what happened:

Seriously though, Old Hubba needs to make an appearance in the new FE game.

And awesome drawing @Boo Jr. <3
Oh my goodness I am not alone with this ship thank the gods--

Roy pls close your mouth
It seems he has as much of a drooling problem as @ royalblue royalblue ahaha. Maybe it runs in the fam. It's ok though, I don't judge him. Marth's DLC was pretty much gorgeous, so....
(If Hubba isn't in FE: If, I will be upset, lmao. He's fantastic. Also I need to buy all the lords again so I can just body every single chapter with a team of all the lords. Pls.)

Where is the Hubba Tester? I have all of the DLC but I don't know how to find the Hubba Tester ;A; I have Roy and Marth basically attached at the hip 100% of the time when I play, so now I'm curious, ahaha.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
@ Adeptmune Adeptmune I think the Tester's in the main menu, under Extras...? Then you just go from there... I'm not sure, I haven't played Awakening in a while so I'll need to double check.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's where it was, I found it. Apparently Roy is "Lost in Pheromones" and Marmar is "Obsessive."
Sounds like a lovely relationship.
(And then I tried it again and Marmar was "on eggshells." Make up your mind, dude!)
This is now my favourite thing. Thank you for sharing it with me. |D

Steelia

Smash Champion
It's okay

ohhh lordy I laughed so hard, thanks for that :laugh:

Noticed that as well, but he looks good in purple! Goes well with the red, or something. It's a sign of royalty, so I'm okay with it. Wouldn't mind his default blue cape either, though.

royalblue

Smash Cadet
@ Adeptmune Adeptmune and @ Croph Croph

Well...I was really trying to behave myself but...

At least I'm not the only one who's been doing this. (This has been my desktop background for the last two years ahaha...)

Roy pls close your mouth
It seems he has as much of a drooling problem as @ royalblue royalblue ahaha. Maybe it runs in the fam. It's ok though, I don't judge him. Marth's DLC was pretty much gorgeous, so....
We are just very honest and there's nothing wrong with that!

Last edited:
That video made me just a little bit salty, not going to lie. Mostly because I'm 100% tired of that joke.

@ Croph Croph -- yeah! I actually have a postcard that has prototype Roy on it. He looks so young! xD

@ dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 dy831532sssfjhhggb2224523 -- I finished the thing tonight. My eyes are bleeding. (You're welcome. |D)
I don't want to touch my drawing tablet for the next 500 years.
Safe to assume that even if a mashup Roy didn't get used, I would be 100% for it if it ever happened in a new FE game, lmfao.
Did you know that the Mercenaries in Awakening wear shorts and really tall stockings? And then boots? They have funny fashion sense.

edit: also if anyone has colour palette swap ideas lmfao that would be fun seeing as though i have everything separated jic
That is amazing. Could I please use it for a profile picture on Facebook if I give credit? It's my favorite art of Roy so far.

Sup Fam! I'd like to be added to the list of supports list :D ^__^ :O
I am big strong Roy supporter and active member of The Royvolution and active extreme lurker on this thread since day 2 of it's conception and I want Roy back so i'd love to be added to the list of supporters! tHROW iT aT mE fAM!
Throws it @ u

When did we all forget that this series overall feasts on envy and bitterness regarding who is playable and who is not,endorsed gladly even further by the director?

This should be regular to us by now guys. :p

Besides, I'm pretty aware that Marth having Roy's alt. colors + Lucina might be enough for Sakurai to go "Why do we have to bring him back?" and skip over all of the votes. Also the idea of keeping Roy Koopa-joke's always fresh because we know who it's stabbing to, and it'd lose it's meaning if they had to implement Roy back despite now being mostly remembered for same thing Lucina has basically the taken spot of. Oh, and most of all, 4 FE-characters already in Sm4sh.

Frankly said, I think we might not see Roy back at all, perhaps relocated to a DLC Mii-costume or just nothing changing from now - unless he'll be made to a semi-clone, or even a fully-fledged character with an all new moveset. But even then, there has to be special kind of demand and bias towards him to be needed to really see him added without feeling redundant and poorly implemented.

Just my two cents.

(I guess this is why the stakes are enough high as they can be)

On the other note as a Bowser Jr-main, I find the gameplay of video cool and really relatable. Might have to improve on better placement of the Koopa Clown Bomb though.
Screw Sakurai, we just gotta keep sending in votes requesting him to be made a completely new character with a new look and moveset. We just gotta give him that special bias and treatment, that's all there is to it. I really like the redesigns our thread members are making and we just gotta send those in too.
If we send in enough feedback and ideas, and get enough people on board, we can show Sakurai that he was wrong to make Roy a clone in the first place.

Bowser Jr. is cool, but Roy koopa? Muah sums it up perfectly at 1:34

Your amazing work made me want to draw Roy as well!

Is just a little Melee redesing, even if people loves the Awakening one I still like his old one...
Maybe if I get some free time I'll color it.
I love the shoulderpad touch! And the boots. If this gets color I'll probably freak out over it as much as the other redesign.

If it were Roy with his Awakening attire being shown, I would literally flood my house with tears of happiness and be admitted to a mental health facility for not being able to contain my excitement.

^ Overexaggeration but more or less my reaction to that still.

Here's a question for you all. How would you guys go about with making a reveal trailer for Roy?
>Marth and Ike beating on Subspace villians
>Wario tries to ride his bike to escape on top of Palutena's Temple
>Rides right into Roy's fully charged Flare Blade without looking
>Roy taunts
>"Boku wa makenai!"
>Roy does his new revamped Double Edge Dance combos on Subspace villians
>Ganondorf tries to stomp Roy for the disrespect, only to be clipped by Blazer
>Roy and Roy team up to beat up Lucina and Robin
>Marth, Ike, Roy, and Meta Knight team up to finish off Subpsace villians with Final Smashes
>Marth and Roy doing epic poses to end the trailer

A Ream can dream. I imagine this as much as I can since one of my buddies personally believes that things will sometimes come to you if you imagine them in your own hands.

Last edited:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
That is amazing. Could I please use it for a profile picture on Facebook if I give credit? It's my favorite art of Roy so far.

>Marth and Ike beating on Subspace villians
>Wario tries to ride his bike to escape on top of Palutena's Temple
>Rides right into Roy's fully charged Flare Blade without looking
>Roy taunts
>"Boku wa makenai!"
>Roy does his new revamped Double Edge Dance combos on Subspace villians
>Ganondorf tries to stomp Roy for the disrespect, only to be clipped by Blazer
>Roy and Roy team up to beat up Lucina and Robin
>Marth, Ike, Roy, and Meta Knight team up to finish off Subpsace villians with Final Smashes
>Marth and Roy doing epic poses to end the trailer

A Ream can dream. I imagine this as much as I can since one of my buddies personally believes that things will sometimes come to you if you imagine them in your own hands.
Sure, go ahead! I don't care if people use my stuff as long as there's still credit there, haha. <3 And thanks!

Also so basically that reveal trailer would be Roy just destroying everyone and everything. And then otp bro-pose with Marth at the end.
I'm down for that. Sounds sweet. 10/10 would watch on repeat for like maybe two hours.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I had a lot of ideas for a potential Roy reveal trailer. One of which involved Ganondorf beating up Marth and then Roy coming to his aid which you guys heard from me already.

Another idea I had was for the trailer to have Ike beating on a lot of fighters while Roy slowly walks to the battlefield with the camera not showing his entire body. After beating on a lot of fighters, Ike notices the man that stands before him to his suprise. The camera slowly zooms in to him and man taunts with his sword...

"Boku wa makenai!"

(Together we ride plays)

Roy Unleashes His Blade!

Ike, agitated about being taunted by Roy charges at him and Roy does the same and their swords collide which then sets up the other part of the trailer showing Roy doing his moves and whatnot. Afer all that, a defeated Ike drops to the ground and Roy does his Melee taunt to end the trailer.

Last edited:

royalblue

Smash Cadet
Never in my wildest dreams did I think this thread would be filled with posts of "Woohoo Marth x Roy!!!" I love this thread. I love this thread so much. ;v;

In other news, I know that a lot of us have been wondering how Nintendo is keeping track of the Smash Ballot votes and if votes from the same IP addresses would affect anything. I sent them an e-mail the other day and this afternoon I got a reply:

Thank you for contacting us. I apologize for the delay in our reply.

I'm glad to hear that your household is excited about the Super Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot! Regarding your inquiry, unfortunately we do not have an answer as to how exactly the votes are tallied or how using the same or different devices might affect those votes. I understand that you were hoping for more details, and so I apologize for the lack of information.

That said, I do encourage everyone in the household who wants to vote to do so. I wish you all luck so that one of your choices might be chosen!

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.
Shane Schaefer
So, unfortunately, it seems there's still more questions than answers. If they are encouraging everyone to vote they probably aren't tracking IPs, but who knows for sure. And that leads me to my next point. I guess this is mostly directed at anyone who hasn’t yet voted (is there anyone left in here who hasn’t?) or anyone who has been or is planning to submit multiple votes.

So at the bottom of the Fighter Ballot it says “Note: Your vote may be made public via the Internet.” I never really thought about this until the other day but then it hit me: Maybe they are planning to use some of our ballot votes in/after a character’s reveal trailer or on the Smash Bros website after a character is revealed to showcase some of the best reasons people gave for why they voted for their character.

I was always assuming that there would be at least some degree of “quality over quantity” when it came to judging this ballot, but now I’m even more sure. I know this has been said before, but it never hurts to say again: Everyone make sure that you submit high quality votes! If you submit a hundred votes with reasons like “Because fire” or “Please Nintendo!” it’s great that you submitted so many votes, but I don’t think this is only a numbers game. Especially since it seems there are no measures in place to stop everyone from voting a thousand times each, there’s really no way of truly telling exactly how many individuals voted. If I was the one tallying up the votes, one longer unique post that took some thought and effort would stick out to me more than a hundred short three-word phrases that only took a few seconds to write.

It’s alright if you’re not much of a writer or don’t have a way with words. Just speak from the heart. There are plenty of things you could say to leave a lasting impression. You could talk about what made Roy special for you in Melee/Fire Emblem or you could talk about what would make him a good candidate for Smash 4. You could write it as a poem or include a joke. You can make it heartfelt, insightful, clever, or funny. That part is all up to you. But no matter what you do, make it memorable.

We can do this guys! Roy's our boy!

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I guess that would also be the reason why Sakurai would shred all the votes for Goku and Shrek the moments he see's their names on the ballots.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I wouldn't mind seeing Roy back myself to be honest. He only needs to be at least as unique as Falco, Lucas and Toon Link. Since it was Chrom's supposed role to be the 'inbetween Marth and Ike power and speed' character but never made it, I think Roy could be like that.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I wouldn't mind seeing Roy back myself to be honest. He only needs to be at least as unique as Falco, Lucas and Toon Link. Since it was Chrom's supposed role to be the 'inbetween Marth and Ike power and speed' character but never made it, I think Roy could be like that.
I was thinking more among the lines of a Mario/Doc/Luigi dynamic were Marth is Mario, Lucina is Doc, and Roy is Luigi. Lucina pretty much plays exactly as Marth (like Doc is to Mario) while Roy has his moveset changed were he hardly shares any attacks in common with Marth (similar to Luigi's revisions from 64 to Melee). I made a custom moveset for Roy that involves this concept.

Idle Animation: Retains his Melee idle Animation.

:GCA:Jab, Same as Marth/Lucina's.

:GCR:/:GCL::GCA:Altered forward-tilt, Would lunge his sword at his opponent horizontally.
Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler
:GCR:/:GCL::GCA:Altered dash attack, keeping the sword near his chest as opposed to swinging lower to the ground.
Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler
:GCU::GCA:Altered up-tilt attack, keeping it close and dangerous but covering more towards his body. Would be a bit more weaker in the game.

:GCD::GCA:Altered down-tilt attack, Similar to Shulk's down tilt but with the same effect it had in Melee.

:GCR:/:GCL::GCA:New Forward Smash; Similar to the Mii Swordfighter Forward Smash, Roy brings his sword towards him and then lunges his sword at his opponent.
Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler
:GCU::GCA:New Up Smash; Roy thrusts his sword skyward, nudging his opponent above him, and after a small delay, the tip of the sword explodes
Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler
:GCD::GCA:New Down Smash, Since Roy's going to have a new Side B, he can have this move as his down Smash instead only it would need to be a bit nerfed from what you see in the above picture.

:GCA: Neutral Air: Same as Marth and Lucina's Neutral Air only with a fire effect.

:GCL:/:GCR::GCA:Forward Air: Same as Marth and Lucina's.

:GCR:/:GCL::GCA:Back Air: Similar to his PM Back Air.

:GCU::GCA:Up Air: Same as Marth and Lucina's

:GCD::GCA:Down Air: Same as Marth and Lucina's
Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler
:GCB:Revamped Flare Blade: The move would have the same effect it had in Melee only the animation would be similar to the one he had in Fire Emblem 6. He would hold his sword upwards (while the sword is on fire) instead of holding it near his shoulder and would lunge his sword at his opponent instead of slamming his sword on the ground.

:GCR:/:GCL::GCB:Flare Charge: A brand new Side B for Roy that lets him charge and shoot a fireball from his sword. His start up animation would be similar to Ike's Side B and he would be able to charge up his fireball for higher damage and knockback.

:GCU::GCB:Revamped Blazer: Similar to the Blazer he had in Melee only he moves in a 360 degree angle that gives him great horizontal recovery and good vertical recovery.

:GCD::GCB:Counter: Same as Melee Roy's Counter.

:GCB:Ultimate Flare (Final Smash): Similar to Marth and Lucina's animation for their Final Smash's, Roy goes from one side of the stage to the other and unleashes a massive eruption that deals 70% damage to anyone that comes in to contact with the eruption.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was thinking more among the lines of a Mario/Doc/Luigi dynamic were Marth is Mario, Lucina is Doc, and Roy is Luigi. Lucina pretty much plays exactly as Marth (like Doc is to Mario) while Roy has his moveset changed were he hardly shares any attacks in common with Marth (similar to Luigi's revisions from 64 to Melee).
Exactly. I know Sakurai likes to cater to nostalgia, especially when it comes to veterans and retaining their movesets from previous games, but it seems most Roy fans would be very content with him getting a Luigi-fied update. It would no doubt look pretty odd to have the FE series repped by what's essentially 3 Marths; I don't believe Sakurai would want that. Some tweaks to Roy would be needed to prevent it.

I think Roy can be even more than just that. I was thinking an in-between of Marth, Ike, and Robin, due to the magic properties of the Sword of Seals, as well as the mid-blade to Marth's tipper and Lucina's balanced blade. Maybe even with the speed of Marth and power of Ike, but with typical glass cannon weaknesses, due to his falling speed in Melee and being one of the smaller lords meaning less weight, basically a Captain Falcon that doesn't run as fast as him but with a sword.

Hey, can you guys count me in on the support list, Roy's my boy!
I love that name.

Like I said, we just need to keep submitting votes that request him decloned and with a new moveset as a side note on our votes, and mention that he either needs his Awakening look or a fusion of his FE6 and Awakening appearances. FE will just look bad if Roy returns straight-up ported, and the highest amount of people possible will whine about Roy, so that's why I'm pushing so hard to kill two birds with one stone and make Roy a newcomer just as much as Shulk or Villager rather than just a veteran.

Also, did you guys see that image floating around with Mewtwo vs. Roy koopa, and Lucas's rope snake vs. that snake assist trophy? What if we see an in-game silhouette teasing Roy once Mewtwo downloads...

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Also, did you guys see that image floating around with Mewtwo vs. Roy koopa, and Lucas's rope snake vs. that snake assist trophy? What if we see an in-game silhouette teasing Roy once Mewtwo downloads...
That wasn't the case with any other DLC characters though. I doubt Nintendo would spoil their DLC characters that way lol.

Still, if that were really the case, I would probably faint from sheer happiness.

MoveMan1

Smash Journeyman
I think it's more likely that there'll be a trailer or something on the 25th, when Mewtwo can be brought publicly.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Finally, a bump!

TCG Fire Emblem Cipher - FE trading cards - are comin!

It will feature a wide variety of artists, and will connect the many worlds of the games together. There will also be special cards that go together to form a single image. Get hype for impending Roy + any of your favorites!

Others:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Finally, a bump!

TCG Fire Emblem Cipher - FE trading cards - are comin!

It will feature a wide variety of artists, and will connect the many worlds of the games together. There will also be special cards that go together to form a single image. Get hype for impending Roy + any of your favorites!

Others:

ALL OF MY HYYYYPE!!

I want to pre-order and import the cards so badly. It would be mostly for collecting, as with me and the Pokemon TCG. Heh, glad to see an Inigo card. One of my fave Awakening characters I wanted to see. Hopefully down the line they'll be some Elibe representation (though we might have to wait a bit for that), but they should make cards for all FE games really. These look really awesome.

ItsRy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Elibe-Guardian
3DS FC
3239-2802-5492
Dropping by to say I voted for Roy in the ballot...and I'm also going to get a few friends who offered to do the same.

I also intended to email Nintendo on this subject some time ago, but I got sidetracked and never got to it. I'm glad to say now however that the deed is done...It's not like 500 words (in the ballot) is enough to do him justice anyway, haha.

In any case, it's nice to see how much the support has picked up, and not just here. There were some lonely battles being fought, even just a few months ago. It certainly feels like Roy's return can be more of a reality than ever. :roypm:

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Yeah, Roy really got a lot of flak a few years back. I'm glad most of that changed nowadays.

Formaldehyde

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hodgers
Do you guys support the idea of having an Eliwood skin for Roy? I know its asking a lot but a man can dream.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/32nymz/smash_update_106_decrypted_first_observations/
Ok, so I just got the latest update decrypted, and I think I have some news which might be rather interesting.

First things first, new sounds. In /romfs/sound/bgm we have a slew of new sounds (and some old ones from prior updates since each update overwrites the other). The list is:

• snd_bgm_F27_AIR_MoriStage_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_H12_BW_Sentou_Zekrom_Reshiram_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_SF01_SF2_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_T09_SDX_PupupuLand_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_V01_PAC_PacMan_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z80_F_Mewtwo_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z81_F_Ryu_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z82_F_Lucas_3DS.nus3bank
  • snd_bgm_Z83_F_Roy_3DS.nus3bank
Now obviously the biggest sticklers are Ryu, Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucas. Not sure who Ryu is (although if anyone does know, please tell). However, Roy most intrigued me. Did they update the koopa kid's sound for some reason? Or is there more?

So I converted the 4 sounds which most stuck out to me:

Most of these are victory screens, all but the first Ryu sound file which seems to be a new stage. Now here's the kicker: Roy's victory theme is the Fire Emblem victory theme.

Yes, we're getting Roy back guys!

I'll continue exploring around if I can, it's a bit late here unfortunately and I might not be back for a while though.

EDIT: I just looked into it, apparently Ryu is from Street Fighter

Holy... @PushDustIn Anyway to verify this?
Thoughts?

Steelia

Smash Champion
Thoughts?
The Ryu thing sounds extremely suspicious. Sakurai'd mentioned that he wasn't interested in adding "fighting game characters" since they didn't fit the theme of Smash. Best guess I have is a new SF stage with an assist, but doesn't explain the short victory music-esque audio there. I'd be a dream if it were real, but it's best to wait until others can confirm it too.

Do you guys support the idea of having an Eliwood skin for Roy? I know its asking a lot but a man can dream.
Eliwoodn't fit on Roy :smirk:

He would not work on Roy at all, the Durandal is way too massive even if they do finally do something with it being the "Sword of Sacred Flame" and I can't see it otherwise at all.

Eliwood is my #1 Fire Emblem character, and I would welcome any alt with Eliwood in open arms, but he wouldn't work quite right on Roy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom